NP: Doubles OU Stage 2 - Monster | Mence is banned | Hoopa not Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
"I never had problems with x mon so it shouldn't be banned" is not an argument either. Bans should be based around the impact a particular Pokemon has upon the metagame, whether on teambuilding or just in terms of how powerful it is as by itself, and not upon subjective things that can and will vary from person to person.

Fangame10

DOU Master of Snow-based Trick Room teams
is a Tiering Contributor
the fact that shaymin sky is one of the reasons we can't use Full TR is enough to ban it in my book, but srsly this thing has caused me so much strife. Shaymin-s has made the following pokemon hard to use: Rotom-W, Amoongus, Azumarill, Cresselia, Politoed (and rain in general) EVERY SINGLE DEFENSIVE POKEMON (all of these can be used on TR). This pokemon is uncompetetive because of the sheer unknown and un controllable factors it has with serene grace

Things we get from banning skymin-s:
-Full TR can be considered viable to a degree (I'm trying to find ways to deal with Hyper Voice spam atm, but amoongus will be more viable now so that's good for it)
-Rain gets better (tho charY still reks it)
-ppl will have one less reason to run other know meta killer Kyurem-Black who wasn't rly a 100% ct bc it could be flinched out in a 1v1
-Amoongus is better (no bunny rampages checkmater bc amoongus)
-Talonflame will still be used bc amoongus
-same with thundurus bc more amoongus
-Mushrooms taste good irl btw
-20% decrease in salt bc Shaymin is a haxy pokemon based in luck (players won't be upset to losing to flinch)
-This will mean a generally happier and less toxic community that complains :)
edit-diancie gets better actually, less kanga?

Things we lose:
-An amoongus CT, this will probably make people use Talonflame in its place
-A Cresselia CT, We're over the CM hype tho so this wouldn't matter that much
edit:
Commie Shaymin:

Last edited:

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
the fact that shaymin sky is one of the reasons we can't use Full TR is enough to ban it in my book, but srsly this thing has caused me so much strife. Shaymin-s has made the following pokemon hard to use: Rotom-W, Amoongus, Azumarill, Cresselia, Politoed (and rain in general) EVERY SINGLE DEFENSIVE POKEMON (all of these can be used on TR). This pokemon is uncompetetive because of the sheer unknown and un controllable factors it has with serene grace

Things we get from banning skymin-s:
-Full TR can be considered viable to a degree (I'm trying to find ways to deal with Hyper Voice spam atm, but amoongus will be more viable now so that's good for it)
-Rain gets better (tho charY still reks it)
-ppl will have one less reason to run other know meta killer Kyurem-Black who wasn't rly a 100% ct bc it could be flinched out in a 1v1
-Amoongus is better (no bunny rampages check bc amoongus)
-Talonflame will still be used bc amoongus
-same with thundurus bc more amoongus
-Mushrooms taste good irl btw
-20% decrease in salt bc Shaymin is a haxy pokemon based in luck (players won't be upset to losing to flinch)
-This will mean a generally happier and less toxic community that complains :)
edit-diancie gets better actually, less kanga?

Things we lose:
-An amoongus CT, this will probably make people use Talonflame in its place
-A Cresselia CT, We're over the CM hype tho so this wouldn't matter that much
edit:
Commie Shaymin:
Many of the mons that you say skymin hinders... are already tier 1/1.5... Why do we need to increase their viability

And trick room can definitely handle skymin, through fake out, winning 1 of 3-4 57/43 rolls, bringing priority, etc.

edit: also skymin doesn't check rain
edit2: also y u hating on communism

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)