XY OU UOENO [Bulky Offense]

Edit: for some reason it appeared as an XY OU post. This is an ORAS team. If a mod could change it and remove this note it would be very appreciated.

Welcome to my first RMT ever. I've battled on showdown for about a year and I've had plenty of success with this team. Enough with the explaining and let's start!

The Team

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Dance

The centerpiece of the team. Dragonite is one of my favorite Pokemon to use, and for good reason. This is the main and only set up user of the team, and I very often find it to be my win condition. Dragon Claw is my main STAB, I chose it over Outrage for protection against fairies and because it's generally a more reliable attack. Earthquake covers many things Dragon has trouble against, like Steel and Ice. Rockslide is there for the StoneQuake combo. These 3 attacking moves make for at least neutral coverage on just about anything. I chose Leftovers over LO for more longetivity.

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

Victini is the main wall breaker here. Banded Victini is crazy powerful, a V-Create coming from it almost always OHKO's anything not resisting it. It's great speed and bulk make it one of the better wallbreakers in the metagame, I think, and I also chose it because it meshes well with Dragonite, covering much of the things it can't kill. I also tend to use this as a lead, because it can generate momentum for my team right off the bat. Bolt Strike covers for its water weakness, and U-turn is great when I get halted by Slowbro. The rest of the moves are self-explanatory.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

This is the perfect sidekick to Victini. Rotom-W is there for the other half of the VoltTurn core. Its a good enough Pivot that it can switch in on mutliple things. Resto Chesto is Rotom's only form of recovery, and Will-O is there for halting physical sweepers. I tend to use this in conjunction with D-nite, allowing it to set up freely. Hydro Pump hits hard, and Volt Switch is self-explanatory as well.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill fills his role nicely as a solid revenge killer. It's three move core of Earthquake, Iron head and Brick Break have very solid type coverage. Scarf Excadrill isn't really used much, so it's very viable as a revenge killer. Rapid Spin on a scarf set may sound weird at first, but it's there for when I need it in a pinch. I chose adamant over jolly nature because it needs that extra power, it is already fast enough to outspeed key threats and bulky enough to take most hits.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake

Oh lord. This thing is nasty good. Mega Metagross may just be the best mega in OU right now. It doesn't really have a specific role like the others on the team. It's just there to leave a huge dent and potentially sweep, so let's just call it our secondary sweeper. Power-Up Punch has a really specific use, but boy is it good. It's generally used as a pivot for things that can't harm it. I set up with PUP, and then just basically tear through everything. Bullet Punch has OHKOed things I thought it couldn't.

Keldeo (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Taunt
- Scald​

Keldeo is my cleaner. I'd say he's the most "replaceable" out of my team, but it doesn't make him bad. I use him usually for late game situations. I hid taunt there in his move set to surprise walls switching in. Besides that I think this is a pretty general Keldeo set.

So, let me know what you think! Be very critical, don't be scared to voice out your suggestions! Just dont try to overhaul the team and replace everything.

p2

Banned deucer.
Hey nice team, though it has a few issues. Your biggest issue is lack of a Stealth Rock user and another issue is the lack of ways of handling the 135 speed megas (Manectric and Lopunny) as nothing can switch in on them and they outspeed your entire team outside of Scarf Excadrill and can OHKO or 2HKO everything. I think a solid way of handling both of these issues would be replacing Metagross with Tyranitar and Dragonite with Mega Altaria. Tyranitar forms a sand core with Excadrill and provides Stealth Rock for the team, which is crucial for every team and allows Excadrill to heavily pressure the faster Pokemon that give your team trouble, while Altaria is a bulky dragon dancer that is capable of setting up on Manectric and Lopunny lacking Ice Punch and fills a role that is very similar to Dragonite, plus it works well alongside Victini as Victini can handle the Steel types such as Ferrothorn and Scizor that can beat Altaria. If you do add Tyranitar over Metagross, change Excadrill's ability to Sand Rush and replace its Choice Scarf with an Air Balloon or Life Orb as Scarf is pointless with Sand Rush Excadrill.

The last change I'd make is Rotom's EV Spread. Offensive Rotom-W isn't as viable this gen as it was last gen because it no longer has permanent rain to fire off boosted Hydro Pumps and right now, it works best as a physically defensive pivot to handle Pokemon such as non Mold Breaker Excadrill, Talonflame and Azumarill. I would change the EV spread to 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD with a Bold nature.

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock / Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam / Fire Blast

Pretty standard support TTar set. Provides 8 turns of sand for Excadrill if you run Smooth Rock and lures in Garchomp / Lando-T with Ice Beam or lures Scizor with Fire Blast.

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Earthquake

This is a more offensive variant of Altaria that allows it to outspeed Bisharp when unboosted and outspeed the 135 megas when Altaria is at +1.

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Heal Bell / Earthquake / Refresh / Substitute

This is a defensive variant that can handle Manectric + Lopunny quite easily.
28 Speed EVs allow it to outspeed the 135 megas at +2 while Mega Manectric can only 3HKO even with Stealth Rock up and if you come in when you're premega (when you take 25% from Stealth Rock), Manectric still only has a 20% or so chance to 2HKO. Mega Lopunny also only 3HKOes if you come in with Rocks up after you've mega evolved and allows you to set up on them easily.

Hope I could help and I hope these changes aren't too drastic.

Hey nice team, though it has a few issues. Your biggest issue is lack of a Stealth Rock user and another issue is the lack of ways of handling the 135 speed megas (Manectric and Lopunny) as nothing can switch in on them and they outspeed your entire team outside of Scarf Excadrill and can OHKO or 2HKO everything. I think a solid way of handling both of these issues would be replacing Metagross with Tyranitar and Dragonite with Mega Altaria. Tyranitar forms a sand core with Excadrill and provides Stealth Rock for the team, which is crucial for every team and allows Excadrill to heavily pressure the faster Pokemon that give your team trouble, while Altaria is a bulky dragon dancer that is capable of setting up on Manectric and Lopunny lacking Ice Punch and fills a role that is very similar to Dragonite, plus it works well alongside Victini as Victini can handle the Steel types such as Ferrothorn and Scizor that can beat Altaria. If you do add Tyranitar over Metagross, change Excadrill's ability to Sand Rush and replace its Choice Scarf with an Air Balloon or Life Orb as Scarf is pointless with Sand Rush Excadrill.

The last change I'd make is Rotom's EV Spread. Offensive Rotom-W isn't as viable this gen as it was last gen because it no longer has permanent rain to fire off boosted Hydro Pumps and right now, it works best as a physically defensive pivot to handle Pokemon such as non Mold Breaker Excadrill, Talonflame and Azumarill. I would change the EV spread to 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD with a Bold nature.

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock / Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam / Fire Blast

Pretty standard support TTar set. Provides 8 turns of sand for Excadrill if you run Smooth Rock and lures in Garchomp / Lando-T with Ice Beam or lures Scizor with Fire Blast.

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Earthquake

This is a more offensive variant of Altaria that allows it to outspeed Bisharp when unboosted and outspeed the 135 megas when Altaria is at +1.

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Heal Bell / Earthquake / Refresh / Substitute

This is a defensive variant that can handle Manectric + Lopunny quite easily.
28 Speed EVs allow it to outspeed the 135 megas at +2 while Mega Manectric can only 3HKO even with Stealth Rock up and if you come in when you're premega (when you take 25% from Stealth Rock), Manectric still only has a 20% or so chance to 2HKO. Mega Lopunny also only 3HKOes if you come in with Rocks up after you've mega evolved and allows you to set up on them easily.

Hope I could help and I hope these changes aren't too drastic.
This definitely works. Thanks for your suggestions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)