Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

I asked a few other people and they could get on at the time that I tried to do so, so I don't think it's a DDoS because that would make it unavailable for everyone, right?

I'm talking about smogtours in particular, as that one is where all the tournaments are run.
Hmm, not too sure about that then. It may just be you were having some connection problems.

Last edited:
I want to make a private room on showdown with about 1000 people. (Pokémon community Belgium)
I have recently made this account so that I could propose a room.
But it keeps saying i don't have the authority to post.
I really want to make such a room.

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I want to make a private room on showdown with about 1000 people. (Pokémon community Belgium)
I have recently made this account so that I could propose a room.
But it keeps saying i don't have the authority to post.
I really want to make such a room.
Hello Shmon

For private room request you should read this topic

You could only get a private room if you follow the different rules, please make sure to read them.

I just downloaded showdown from the site and everything works fine except there is no battle music at all and I have no idea why the sound on the gear on top right of the screen is at 100%. Also slightly unrelated what is the point in downloading Showdown rather than using regular internet.

Reisen

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just downloaded showdown from the site and everything works fine except there is no battle music at all and I have no idea why the sound on the gear on top right of the screen is at 100%. Also slightly unrelated what is the point in downloading Showdown rather than using regular internet.
Hello Patchouli Knowledge

There isn't any sound in the app version.

The online version is way better than the app actually, the app exists just because it has been requested several times.

I have a question/assistance im having an issue with my account on showdown it says my account is locked in chat can anyone help me

Reisen

I have a question/assistance im having an issue with my account on showdown it says my account is locked in chat can anyone help me
Hello Teammewtwo

You should go in Help room and PM a moderator in there, with the symbol @.

If it was a mistake, they will unlock you.

Not sure if this is just me, but is Showdown down for anybody else or is this a local bug, since it told me it couldn't connect to HTTPS and wouldn't load from HTTP in the first place, so if there's a way to fix this, it'd be much ppreciated.

Reisen

Not sure if this is just me, but is Showdown down for anybody else or is this a local bug, since it told me it couldn't connect to HTTPS and wouldn't load from HTTP in the first place, so if there's a way to fix this, it'd be much ppreciated.

Hello Nightingales

Ps! server found some troubles and had massive lags, there was a restart it should be ok now.

Something strange happen to me the other day. I was having a nice battle, I send out a zapdos and my opponent threw out a glalie, and from out of nowhere, he used earthquake, and it actually hit the zapdos, I want to know how on earth is that possible, if someone knows, i´m really disturbed seeing that happen.

Something strange happen to me the other day. I was having a nice battle, I send out a zapdos and my opponent threw out a glalie, and from out of nowhere, he used earthquake, and it actually hit the zapdos, I want to know how on earth is that possible, if someone knows, i´m really disturbed seeing that happen.
Did your Zapdos use Roost? Roost nullifies the user's Flying-type, so in that case Earthquake would have hit.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think other users have had this problem as well, but does anyone know why there has been a ton of lag recently? I'm not sure if its something on my end or if its an issue with the server, but its really frustrating.

I think other users have had this problem as well, but does anyone know why there has been a ton of lag recently? I'm not sure if its something on my end or if its an issue with the server, but its really frustrating.
personally I haven't been having that much lag on the server (maybe once in a while due to internet being dumb), so it might just be on your end. Since a good majority of the people I chat with on PS don't experience that much lag either

Reisen

It is due to server overload, there is too many people on the server at the same time.

Not sure if this is the right place for this post, I'll remove it if it isn't.

Post from Reddit: A guy was wondering how a Shuckle in Randbats speed-tied his Avalugg on Turn 2 of this match:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-256136831

According to him, his Avalugg had 94 speed due to being at level 83 with 85 Speed EVs (which he believes is the standard amount for RandBats), and he claims that when he hovered over Avalugg it had 94 speed. Shuckle apparently has around 50. Both pokemon had Leftovers.

What game mechanic caused Shuckle to be able to speed tie with Avalugg?
I've noticed that sometimes the 85 EVs rule doesn't always apply (having gotten some max-speed pokemon) in randBats for some reason. Maybe it was max speed shuckle for some odd reason.

I did a search for the Pikachu Cup and did not find anything.

I was wondering if there is a thread with any discussion about the Showdown Pokémon usage?

I have a fairly decent team and looking to tweak it a bit. Just trying to see what others are using.

Reisen

I was wondering if there is a thread with any discussion about the Showdown Pokémon usage?

I have a fairly decent team and looking to tweak it a bit. Just trying to see what others are using.
Hello rcade216

You could find the Pikachu Cup discussion thread by clicking here

Well you could find usage here http://www.smogon.com/stats/2015-05/
Just type .usage and bottt will help you out :D

Haven't seen a thread for it however, I'll edit this if I find one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)