Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Okay, so I only need five hordes. Thanks!
Five Hordes brings you to 250 out of 252 EVs, so you'll need another battle that gives at least 2 EVs. Just thought I'd point that out.

What I do when I need Max EVs in 2 stats is use the horde that more XP and have my Pokemon hold both Power Items for that horde. For example, If I need Attack and Speed, I'll have my Pokemon hold the Speed Item while fighting Shuppet Hordes (Giving 5 Atk and 20 Spe for each Shuppet, double if you have Pokerus) then switch to the Attack Item when Speed reaches 252. This gets the stats maxed in Eleven battles while the more obvious method of matching the Horde and EV Item type requires Ten plus Another Battle or Two and gains slightly less XP. (Sorry if that was confusing.)

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so I only need five hordes. Thanks!
Just to be very clear, and perhaps a bit pedantic, it is only if your Pokemon has Pokerus that you need 5 1 EV Pokemon hordes (while holding a power item) to get 250 EVs. Otherwise, you'll need 10. A bit awkward, since it takes a few battles for Pokerus to spread.

5 hordes x 5 Pokemon per horde x (1 EV per Pokemon fainted + 4 EV per Pokemon fainted power item bonus) = 125 EV. Pokerus doubles this to 250.

So I know that depositing a Pokémon in the PC will not diminish friendship at all, but does the same hold true for if I deposit a Pokémon in Bank? If I have a max friendship Pinsir will it's friendship drop back to, like... 70 or whatever?

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
So I know that depositing a Pokémon in the PC will not diminish friendship at all, but does the same hold true for if I deposit a Pokémon in Bank? If I have a max friendship Pinsir will it's friendship drop back to, like... 70 or whatever?
Depends. Depositing in Bank itself won't affect friendship, but sending the Pokemon to a different game will reset.

So for example, if you upload a Pokemon to Bank, then back to the same save file later on, happiness isn't affected; if you use Bank to move a Pokemon to a different cart, then it will reset happiness.

Depends. Depositing in Bank itself won't affect friendship, but sending the Pokemon to a different game will reset.

So for example, if you upload a Pokemon to Bank, then back to the same save file later on, happiness isn't affected; if you use Bank to move a Pokemon to a different cart, then it will reset happiness.
Sorry to be insistent; but where does your knowledge come from? Tested it out yourself; common knowledge?

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Sorry to be insistent; but where does your knowledge come from? Tested it out yourself; common knowledge?
I keep all my battle-ready Pokemon stored in Bank when I don't plan on using them atm, including some Return-spammers such as M-Lopunny.

Can the Poké Transporter be used on the genies while in their Therian formes, or do I have to change them into their Incarnate formes first?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I know in Yellow that you're allowed into the Safari Zone if you lack the money to pay the fee, albeit with only 1 Poke Ball. Does this also happen in Red and Blue?

I invented a new type of Nuzlocké (I mean, I haven't seen it anywhere so please say if it's already been made) but I don't know where I can explain it.
It would be so sweet if anyone could tell me the right place to make a thread about this, or if it's okay to make a thread for this.

If I recall correctly, Final Gambit is a physical move that does the same damage as the user's remaining HP. Would Fur Coat half this, or is it unaffected?

I invented a new type of Nuzlocké (I mean, I haven't seen it anywhere so please say if it's already been made) but I don't know where I can explain it.
It would be so sweet if anyone could tell me the right place to make a thread about this, or if it's okay to make a thread for this.
I'd put it in the Nuzlocke challenge thread instead of creating a brand new thread about a supposedly new variant of Nuzlocke.
If I recall correctly, Final Gambit is a physical move that does the same damage as the user's remaining HP. Would Fur Coat half this, or is it unaffected?
Final Gambit is a Special move, (even though the user basically charges into the target) so Fur Coat obviously won't affect it. Though I don't think it halves Physical moves that don't have a set base power anyway...

I'd put it in the Nuzlocke challenge thread instead of creating a brand new thread about a supposedly new variant of Nuzlocke.

Final Gambit is a Special move, (even though the user basically charges into the target) so Fur Coat obviously won't affect it. Though I don't think it halves Physical moves that don't have a set base power anyway...
Oh, sorry. I feel like an idiot.

Some time ago in my AS game, I earned a Destiny Knot from Young Couple Lois and Hal after a couple of rematches. Today, I accidentally released one of the parent that I used to breed a 5IV Buneary while it was still holding said Destiny Knot (the item is now forever gone). Can I rematch Lois and Hal again (once or multiple times) to gain another Destiny Knot or do I absolutely have to earn it from a fan (Master rank) from Pokémon Contest Spectacular?

Some time ago in my AS game, I earned a Destiny Knot from Young Couple Lois and Hal after a couple of rematches. Today, I accidentally released one of the parent that I used to breed a 5IV Buneary while it was still holding said Destiny Knot (the item is now forever gone). Can I rematch Lois and Hal again (once or multiple times) to gain another Destiny Knot or do I absolutely have to earn it from a fan (Master rank) from Pokémon Contest Spectacular?
Bulbapedia says there's a 10% chance of receiving it when you rematch them. I assume they are correct, so you probably don't have to win the master rank contest for another one. Otherwise there are probably tons of people willing to give you one for free on this site.

You can also get one in Level 1 of Graffiti Eraser (PokéMileage Club)

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't think we have a manga discussion, but if we did it'd still be in the subforum on a previous page. If you want to start a discussion you'll probably just need a mod's permission.

are there any moderators to guide me to listing help for arranging movesets on my casual team? what do i need to do?
Well you could still use the competitive move sets and try to replace the recommended previous gen exclusive moves with something else... Or look through the Battle Maison thread for ideas to use if you're planning on challenging the Battle Maison. It'd be easier for people to help you with your casual team if you mention what you're aiming to do with it. An in-game team can use just about anything reasonably powerful and still get you through, but Battle Maison and Battle Spot would require some planning to not end up feeling discouraged because your team isn't getting you very far.

i am trying to just beat the game, get them to level 100, and maybe do the battle maison, i am not sure yet. so far, i just want the moves for some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)