Project NeverUsed Teambuilding Competition [Building Period] [Round 10]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Ending voting now!
Team 3 is the clear victor, so congrats Cased on making such a good team. Tagging Raseri to make the laddering video for his youtube channel.
For next week's Core, I am going with a more standard duo in...
+

This is a pretty standard core that a lot more people have been picking up on recently. Garbodor is able to set up Toxic Spikes and Spikes for Kangaskhan, which appreciates the chip damage on things that like switching in on it. Kanga is also able to pressure a lot of Hazard Removers due to the Combo of EQ and Double-Edge usually being to much for most spinners or poison types that removes Toxic Spikes. Garbodor is also able to take the Fighting Type attacks that are aimed at Kangaskhan. Overall a really solid core, and hopefully we can get some good teams built around them!
Remember to PM me your teams on Smogon if you want to submit them!
Deadline is Thursday

TEAM COUNT: 7

Last edited:

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Submission Period is now over, and here are all the great teams that were submitted!

Team 1

Garbodor (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 56 HP / 208 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Aqua Tail / Earthquake

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Energy Ball
- Destiny Bond

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- Signal Beam / Thunderbolt

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Return

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
Starting off with the core of Kangaskhan + Garbodor, I realized that the two struggled with bulky Rock types, mainly Regirock and Rhydon, so I added on Cacturne which pairs very well with Garbodor in regards of offensive synergy. I went with a Naive nature over a neutral Speed nature to get the jump on the mons which creep the 209 Speed tier, which is a lot, and since Giga Drain is kinda weak I went with Energy Ball which kinda makes up for the loss of power when using a Naive nature. Because I have Spikes already on Garbodor, I chose Destiny Bond in the last slot for general utility and one way of dealing with Malamar. Spiky Shield is also something I considered as it is useful to scout for choice users and pairs well with Toxic Spikes. Next I needed a secondary Fighting check and a Stealth Rocker so I added Mesprit. Psychic, Stealth Rock, and Healing wish are pretty self-explanatory, and Signal Beam hits Malamar but Thunderbolt works well to hit Xatu and Water-types like Samurott. The EV spread with a Timid nature outspeeds Adamant Sawk. Klinklang provides a win condition and soft Normal-type check; the moves are standard and the EV spread outpaces Jolly Kricketune and Flareon (I originally had enough for max spe Claydol but the extra tiny bulk didnt seem useful). Floatzel provides a fast Taunt to prevent Defog and a fast late game cleaner, the set is pretty simple and self explanatory. Throughout building I wasn't sure of what Garbodor and Kangaskhan's sets should be, and in the end I went with Aqua Tail in the filler slot on Kangaskhan so that DD Rhydon doesnt get free setup but Earthquake works perfectly fine to chunk Garbodor helping out Klinklang and Cacturne. At first I went with a defensive variant of Garbodor since thats what I'm generally used to, but after some testing I realized that an offensive set would more benefit the nature of the team. Moves are self explanatory and the EV spread does 2 things; outspeed standard Xatu and always live 2 hits of +1 Klinklang's Gear Grind at full HP - rather situational but even with the drop in attack Garbodor still has a 56% chance to 2HKO Xatu. If Garbodor gets weakened or Floatzel misses Focus Blast Klinklang becomes a problem, and in a similar vein offensive Mawile is as well. Volt turn seems a bit annoying as well since the team relies on Garbodor to punish U-turns and Cacturne to soft sponge Electric attacks.

Team 2

Lilligant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Own Tempo
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Petal Dance
- Healing Wish
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Giga Drain

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Primeape @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Punishment
- Gunk Shot

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Roar

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out
- Earthquake
A straight forward build with Rhydon pairing as the team's rocker with Garbodor which is exceptionally effective at setting up hazards and whittling down physical attackers. Scarf lilligant is an fairly potent revenge killer and great cleaner late game along with Kangaskhan whose combination of Fake Out and Return makes it a powerful wallbreaker once some hazards are up. CM Xatu acts as the teams main way of stopping hazards and status that give this team trouble while also acting as a solid win condition against bulkier teams. Heat Wave was chosen as the coverage move so that bulky grass types such as Ferroseed and Tangela are handled relatively easily since they can be a handful to handle otherwise. Finally, Banded Primeape is a strong attacker that isn't weakened by Intimidate users, and also discourages the use of Defog to get rid of hazards, due to its ability. Close Combat and U-turn are staple moves on this set, Punishment acts as a last resort move to hit CM psychics in case they get out of hand, and Gunk Shot is a strong option to hit Fairy types like Granbull for a lot more damage.

Team 3

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Aqua Tail

Garbodor @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 8 SpA / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power

Lilligant @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Linda (Fletchinder)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Overheat
- Roost

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 220 Def / 208 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Signal Beam
Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Aqua Tail

Kangaskahn, The lord of this team is a H U G E offensive threat in NU right now and can rek through offense and some "Bulky" walls/threats in NU like Rhydon. kangaskhan already has a decent speed tier and can still out-speed adamant sawk and all 80 base speed pokes, and with the adamant nature boost, its stab SS(silk scarf) fake out/Double-Edge will be doing tremendous damage to the opposing pokes especially with hazard support like spikes, SR, and gradual T-spike damage. kanga can also possibly revenge kill with priorty sucker punch on weakened pokes from gradual damage throughout the battle and after damaging fake out's. Also as i have explained earlier Kanga can deal with the rising threat known as Rhydon with aqua tail and can check archeops coming in on a potential fake out. With this set kanga can clean out offense, break through some bulky threats and has great potential to sleep late game.

Garbodor @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Garbodor, The Fighting type body bad eater, as you all know kangaskhans only typing weakness is the fighting type, garbodor here is a bulky defensive wall who can eat up all fighting type hits like CC and drain punch, i put black sludge on this set over rocky helmet because i want garbodor my main fighting counter to be able maintain a healthy status for as long as possible because it lacks recovery outside of Drain Punch. As i mentioned before, kanga works great with hazards like (T)spikes and with it being able to take multiple hits from any fighting type and and attacks from numerous other physical attackers is a great mon to pair up with kanga for a defensive role. Gunk Shot is for a powerful stab move and Drain Punch is for coverage against threats like rhydon and klingklang who are becoming "top tier" in NU right now, and with drain punch garbodor wont be completely usless against them, and can also help me against some pesky dark types in the tier, *cough* liepard *cough*.

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 8 SpA / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power

Claydol, the Giant Deformed Special Defensive Disco Ball On My Team. I have chosen claydol as my special defensive wall because it matches up with both garbodor and kanga greatly, Claydol can take on fighting type moves as well and can set up and or spin hazards away while kanga supports it by being immune to one of its weaknesses ghost, Claydol is also immune to ground and resist psychic both of garbodors weaknesses while garbodor helps it with it's grass weakness. i gave claydol more defensive ev's because it already has such a massive spd i might as well boost its defense to make it even bulkier. iv'e chosen colbur berry for my item because my team is lacking in a dark resistant so to take such hits better i gave claydol the colbur berry (weakens super effective dark type moves). SR hazards and R-spin for removing hazards, Earth Power is for a powerful ground type stab and instead of psychic i have shadow ball on claydol instead because Earth Power already takes MOST of what a psychic stab would and if i didn't run shadow ball claydol would be horribly rekt by ghost types like rotom or mismagius who would try to come in on either of my stabs. it also helps handles the rising star of NU, Xatu, xatu is on most teams nowadays and without shadow ball xatu walls claydol and can easily set up on it.

Lilligant @ Meadow Plate
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Lilligant, The savior of all the injured pokes on my team, Lilligant to me was a great choice as my grass stab for my team, it can sleep powder and healing wish, these to moves GREATLY Benefit my team. I put a timid nature isnted of modest because since im HW i want to be fast enough so i can HW when the time comes to it. iv'e chosen meadow plate as my item because im not running a quiver dance set where i would be running giga, if i were to run LO than that would lower my chances of being able to use healing wish. leaf storm is for a more powerful move that can do damage that giga drain can't and since this is not a quiver set like i said previously leaf storm is the better option. HP fire is for other grass types and sub SG klingklang. sleep powder is for putting foe's to sleep and hopefully you will be putting threats to sleep. :D

Linda (Fletchinder)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Overheat
- Roost

Linda, The one who will break my heart at the august tier shifts. Fletchinder is a great sweeper in NU right now, not only that but it also fills in the Fire role on my team to match up with lilligant and lanturn. i of course have gale wings and for my ev spread, since the main moves im will be going for are roost and acrobatics, and that you SD on pokes that u force a switch or u can take a hit from iv'e decided to not put in full speed investment and put 32 ev's into spa so that its stab overheats will do more damage to opposing klingklang and ferroseed who would otherwise wall Fletchinder and could possibly set-up on it or stack hazards freely. i have my nature as Naughty because i don't want to weaken my speed or spa and since i had a lower spd stat i chose lonely since it most liekly wouldn't matter anyways in battle.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Signal Beam

And Finally Lanturn, The Bitch Fish Of NU. Lanturn fills in the water type role and is yet another supporting poke for the team, it can help clear status with heal bell, like burns on kanga or a para on fletchinder, it can be that fish and scald burn things, and can pivot with volt switch. Now i originally had T-wave instead of signal Beam on Lanturn, but I saw that i didn't have many things to deal with dark types like liepard and malamar so i put signal beam as a special surprise for them, and for those cacturns who think they're going to get themselves a water absorb recovery ;D lanturn also eats up all electric attacks that might be heading towards fletchinder's way and can eat up T-waves that could be aimed at kanga, lilligant, or fletchinder. Leftovers are for passive recovery for the lack of reliable recovery, the ev's r so that i can take defensive hits better, be able to still take special hits, and be able to outspeed adamant rhydon

Team 4

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Taunt

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 200 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Had this team stored for a while now and it's fucking brilliant, the Kanga + garb core on bulky offense rules. Garb sets hazards for Kanga and Floatzel to blow through the opponents team! Uxie is just amazing and provides Stealth rock and general utility for the rest of the team, it's slow U-turns provide momentum and it's bulk forces lots of switches for more hazard damage. It's thunder wave makes Kangas life a lot easier in terms of smashing holes in your opponents core. Rotom also links up for a nice volt turn core, and provides momentum as well as crippling annoying walls with trick. Malamar is the glue to the team, adding another scary threat to think about on top of the offensive pressure from Kanga and Floatzel.

Team 5

UrDad12 (Garbodor) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

UrMum12 (Kangaskhan) @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

UrLittleBrother12 (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

UrGrandma12 (Mismagius) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nasty Plot

UrSister12 (Audino) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Healing Wish
- Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast

UrGrandpa12 (Cryogonal) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpA / 20 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Ground]
Pawniard is on the team to pursuit trap xatu and can deal with most psychic types with knock offso garboder can set up spikes easier as well as get a defiant boost if pokemon like prinplup want to go for defog. Mismagious can spinblock and also taunt to keep rocks from getting up. It also has a fighting and ground immunity and has the colbur berry so it can take a knock off from a pokemon like sawk and fire back a dazzling gleam. M-Audino helps with knock off and after it mega evolves can wall fost phsical mons and gives wish support to kanga. It also has healing wish for late game sweeping with kanga. Cryagonal can spin as well ass 2hko every bulky water in nu once spikes are up with freeze dry and also has recover to live some special hits and also gives another ground immunity.

Team 6

Kangaskhan @ Leftovers
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Drain Punch

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 120 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Rotom @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Hex

Liepard @ Dread Plate
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
- Encore

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 204 SpD / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Kangaskhan's always a big threat so it's nice to have on on your team n_n Chosen the Power up punch Kang set because it's rather underrated it lets you get past potential counters like Vileplume and Mawile while acting as a late game cleaner. Went with leftovers over AV though as it enjoys passive recovery and seen as how this team has no hazard control it's very beneficial. Second part of the core is Garbodor. It acts as a solid fighting resist and is able to set up hazards while checking threats such as Klinklang and Mega Audino. 120 speed evs outspeeds max speed aurorus and rampardos so your able to take them or get another layer or tspikes/spikes. Now on to the stealth rocker and from that I've chosen torterra. Solid rock resist and is able to take threats on such as Double dance rhydon and most other hazard setters. Because Xatu is extrmeely popular in the last slot for Torterra I've gone with Stone edge which hits them hard on the switch in. You may be able to also catch a few other threats with it like Fletchinder, Vivilion and Scyther. Rotom is the fourth member and acts as spinblocker and check to most water/flying/ground mons. Spooky Plate Hex rotom imo is the best set luring in the likes of Lanturn and other things that may just think your choice scarf. Lanturn is my dedicated water/fire/flying resist and secondary electric stop. It's packing ice beam to hit grass types which may be a little problematic and an offensive spread. And last but not least I have Liepard! Acts as a great CM psychic check and adds overall speed to the team. The sets pretty standard, sucker punch lets you hit faster threats, u-turn for pivoting and chip damage while knock off is your spammable stab and encore locks mons to the last move they used, great for stopping set up sweepers.

Team 7

Garbodor @ Toxic Plate
Ability: Weak Armor
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Explosion

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Endeavor
- Taunt

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

Samurott @ Splash Plate
Ability: Torrent
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Megahorn

Lilligant @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
So this is a ho spike stacking team using lead archeops and offensive toixc plate weak armor garb. Toxic plate is really nice since 90% of the time you're clicking a hazard or gunk shot, and it allows it to force out xatus since you do around 65% to defensive xatus. I opted to run jolly since most xatus are running enough speed for adamant sawk and this allows you to outpace them. I just ran standard silk scarf fake out kanga to abuse tspikes, lead archeops is lead archeops and scarf rotom was added to be a spinblocker. Final two were sd samu and quiver dance lilli. I decided to go jolly splash plate sd samurott since everyone evs there mons for 239 speed and bopping fletch with an aqua jet is really funny. Life orb lilligant works really well with samu and while tspikes do interfere with it's sleep powders, it's still one of the best set up sweepers in the tier. Also i ran modest since with hp fire it already misses out on base 90s and the power is really nice.
Tagging all the people that submitted teams in case they want to change anything
START THE VOTING!
Voting ends Sunday!

Last edited:

shiloh

Tiering Lead
Voting ends this week with Team 1 made by boltsanddongers winning with 6 votes compared to the 5 votes Team 3 which was made by Mar1onette. This week Deej Dy will be making the video again, so look out for that.

With that out of the way, the core for the following week will be...
+

Skuntank is one of the newest editions to the NU tier, and hopefully it will be fun to build around. I chose to pair it with Sawk do the the fact Skunktank is easily able to deal the the numerous Psychic types like Xatu / Musharna with the combination of Sucker Punch, Crunch, or Pursuit. It also is able to pursuit trap Ghost types like Haunter or Mismagius. This lets Sawk completely run rampage on the opposing team, as the removal of Psychic / Ghost types allows it to spam Close Combat pretty freely, especially if rocks are up to pressure Flying / Bug Types.

Building will end as usual on Thursday!

Also for the future weeks include what Round the team is for in the PM Title (This week is Round 7)

TEAM COUNT: 6

Last edited:

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
literally just wanna say drop by and say that i think this project is really neat. i especially like the fact that its submission based and teams are posted anonymously, so it doesnt suffer from "popular player vote syndrome" and it lets people be imaginative/creative/unique with their builds because they cant see other submissions until its voting time. both of those are flaws present in many other forum voting-style competitions and i like how that one small change has elegantly handled both concerns.

it's also nice to see some fresh faces getting involved here too! i'm not sure if i'll be participating in this next one but i'd like to see this project continue chugging along =)

shiloh

Tiering Lead
And Submissions are over! Thanks to all the people that took the time to submit teams!
I am also trying to get a way to incentive rating all these teams, so be sure to look out for that in the future!
TEAM 1

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 108 HP / 232 Atk / 168 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Rotom-Fan @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt

Lanturn @ Choice Specs
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake

Sawk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
OK, this team wasn't originally built by me. A friend built it and I just edited a few Sets and threw Sawk on it, because it fits. :]
It's a balance team, built around Specs Lanturn and Scarf Sawk. Specs Lanturn is a huge threat in the meta, no one expects it and gets bopped by a Scald. It's also pretty bulky and can live at least 1 Hit from every offensive mon in the tier (that doesn't have Stab EQ ofc). Scarf Sawk, the good old BW2 Set is back. No one expects a scarf variant and you can easy get a 2nd kill, after the opponent brings in a revenge killer like Pyroar or any other faster mon. We went with Mold Breaker as ability, because it's pretty cool to hit Weezing or Rotom through Levitate or destroy random Sturdy mons. Skuntank is our Psychic Check. It beats almost every Psychic Type in Tier, only Musharna can be annoying, but we can always Poison it with Poison Jab, go into our own Mushy and start to set up. Rotom-F with Rocky Helmet is our Check to mons like Gurdurr or Scyther. It's really bulky and helps our Team with WoW Support. Next is physical defensive Golurk with Colbur because FUCK Skuntank and Shiftry. It has massive Bulk and still hits like a truck. Also, no one expects Toxic so free Status on the opponent. Last is Colbur mon #2 Mushy. We went with a standard CM Signal Beam Variant to hit Shiftry or other Psychic Types. It's extremely bulky and can take any hit, especially with a colbur equipped.
HF testing this team, not one of my best but definitely playable :]

TEAM 2

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 24 HP / 224 Atk / 176 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

Sawk @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Zen Headbutt

Lilligant @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance

Xatu @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 220 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn
- Stealth Rock

Zebstrika @ Zap Plate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Skuntank and Sawk are an awesome core in the current metagame, Sawk is honestly one of the best pokemon right now. I know Skuntank tends to have 4MSS, but when you're running Sawk you should only be running one set and that is the pursuit trapping set. Sawk does appreciate hazard removal, but putting defog on Skuntank puts too much pressure on it I feel. Compressing roles tends to be a problem when you're using Skuntank on a team. Instead of using Defog i opted to use Xatu as a means of hazard control. Xatu's set is interesting and I'm gonna explain it. So you know Skuntank, I'm even using it on this team, and how it traps Xatu. Well, that is true, but with leftovers you avoid a 2HKO from Skuntank most of the time from Pursuit(1.) and can use the combination of para hax and Hidden Power Ground to weaken Skuntank, which all you really want for this team is Skuntank to be weakened for a late-game Lilligant sweep. Lilligant is a great offensive partner for Sawk and Skuntank. HP Ice is used to hit a weakened Vileplume, which everybody switches in Vileplume on Sawk so it's bound to get worn down enough to be put in LO +1 HP Ice range. Lilligant pressures those poison types that both Skuntank and Sawk struggle with and can put them to sleep. Skuntank also can trap some of Lilligant's checks and counters (along with Sawk's in Xatu's case), such as Xatu and Cryogonal. Rhydon was added as a Malamar and Bird check, as well as a Stealth Rocker. Zebstrika was added because I wanted to try something different and I wanted something fast that could outspeed the base 110's that are in this tier. I mainly wanted something that could weaken Pyroar when adding Zebstrika, and something that could wear down SpDef Regirock which puts alot of pressure on Xatu to keep hazards off the field. I could also potentially bluff a choice item with Zebstrika and blow a Ferroseed back with Overheat, which would greatly help Lilligant out late-game.

1.) 252+ Atk Skuntank Pursuit vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Xatu: 152-182 (46.2 - 55.3%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

TEAM 3

Butt Meister (Skuntank) @ Black Sludge
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab
- Crunch

Switchin? Where? (Sawk) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Stone Edge

Little Baby (Mesprit) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Healing Wish

Dino Drill (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Roar

Coconut (Lilligant) @ Life Orb
Ability: Own Tempo
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Sleep Powder

Shining Dicks (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Ice Beam
Skuntank and Sawk is one of the best cores in the current metagame, as Skuntank takes out Psychics and Ghosts for Sawk so Sawk can wreck havoc on the opponent's team. But this core has a bit of trouble with Ground and Fighting types, so I added Scarf Mesprit tro add a bit of speed to my team and to check Fighting types and Ground types. I added Rhydon as my Rocker and so he could check Fire, Flying, Rock types and a bunch of other things. Then I realized I was a bit weak to Water types, so I added Lilligant as a neat little sweeper that helped my weakness to things like Lanturn. My team, I realized, got absolutely destroyed by stuff like Magmortar and Pyroar, so for the last slot, Lanturn is there to check the Fire types and also Water and Electric types, and to provide momentum with Volt Switch and maybe get some nifty Scald burns. My team is a bit slow, so faster attackers can take advantage of that, but Mesprit helps allievate this weakness with Scarf and Skuntank has priority to pick off weakened threats. And that's my team! Hope you enjoyed! ;)

TEAM 4

Skuntank (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 232 Atk / 192 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

Sawk @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Xatu (F) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Rotom (Rotom-Fan) @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Lilligant @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

Rhydon (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 232 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
After using Defog Stuntank quite extensively, I've realized that Pursuit is far far more useful for Sawk, so I needed some sort of hazard control that didn't slow down offensive momentum, so Xatu fit perfectly. Colbur berry is probably the most useful item, as it lets me check opposing Sawk with ease, as well as not be complete Pursuit bait, while Heat Wave is chosen as the coverage move of choice, so Klinklang cannot set up safely against Xatu. Next I went with Choice Scarf Rotom-Fan, as it helps out with threats such as Archeops and Scyther and doubles as secondary Fighting resist. Will-O-Wisp is used over Thunderbolt, so it is not complete setup bait Rock Polish Rhydon, which can be huge threat to the team. Next I went with Lilligant to have a switch in for Lanturn, and as a general win condition that pairs very well with Sawk's wallbreaking capabilities. I still needed a Stealth Rock user and a Pokemon that can check Normal-, Flying- and Fire-types so Rhydon was a good fit. Rock Blast is chosen so I have a better matchup against the likes of Lead Archeops and Crustle. The team is threatened by Pyroar, Magmortar, and Rhydon after it uses Rock Polish, but as long as Sawk's Sturdy is intact, the team should be able to manage relatively well.

TEAM 5

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 132 Atk / 84 Def / 148 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Memento

Sawk @ Black Belt
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 180 HP / 152 Def / 136 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Claydol @ Leftovers
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Def / 92 SpA / 32 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Ball

Ludicolo @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Waterfall
- Drain Punch

Articuno @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 96 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpA / 100 SpD / 56 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
- Hurricane
Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 132 Atk / 84 Def / 148 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Memento

Now that Skuntank has dropped to NU at the tier shift, we've noticed that it works G R E A T with sawk because it can handle psychic & can trap common fast ghosts that could stop sawk like mismagius and haunter. since i want skuntank to be in battle for a long while to support sawk, i went with black sludge for passive recovery because the lack in reliable recovery. the ev spread is kind of funky, i wanted to give skuntank good attack, bulk, and speed so it can fill its niche to its most potential. i gave it more spd because i want it to be trapping psychic and ghost types and i gave some defense ev's so it can at least take physical hits better, the speed is for out-speeding all base 70 pokes like samurotte and than just put the rest in attack. Poison Jab for STAB, Pursuit for trapping, Sucker Punch for priority, and Memento for like a "Last Resort" and or to help my other pokes with sweeping like sawk for example.

Sawk @ Black Belt
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Now this is just a standard black belt sawk for late game sweeping and or wall breaking. I chose Black Belt because i wanted to give sawk more free will when attacking since its the main "sweeper/Offensive Presence" of my team, and with Choice Band it would strain sawk's usefulness and ability to break walls and or sweep. Sturdy just so i know i can live any one hit at full HP and Jolly because i already have such great attack and i want to be able to out-speed other fast pokes like mesprit who could if i ran adamant out-speed me and force a switch. the EV's r self explanatory, no need to put ev's in anything else besides attack and speed. Close Combat is STAB, Stone Edge is for the pesky flying types, Zen headbutt is for poison types like garbodor, and knock off is for the ever so common psychic types.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 180 HP / 152 Def / 136 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Lanturn here is my spd support wall. i gave lefties for the passive recovery, volt absorb so i can suck up any electric type attacks and stop pivotm and the ev's are kind of weird, i have this as my special wall but just so lanturn isn't completely demolished by physical attacks i put a lot of defense ev's and put the majority of my ev;s in HP so i can have more bulk in both stats, i put 40 speed in lanturn so i can out-speed adamant Rhydon, and put the rest in spd, and than put calm nature for even more spd bulk. Scald is for the STAB burn, Volt Switch for STAB pivot, Heal bell for team support, and Thunder Wave for slowing fast pokes down for sawk and ludicolo.

Claydol @ Leftovers
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Def / 92 SpA / 32 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Ball

Now Claydol is my physically defensive wall. lefties again for the passive healing, and the Ev's are mostely in its defense and HP because claydol already has a massive spd so i just put most of the ev's in defense and HP for Bulk, the speed is also to out-speed adamant rhydon, than i jsut put some spd ev's in just for a tiny bit more bulk in that area and the rest in spa so claydol is atl east doing some damage. Rapid Spin is for hazards, Stealth Rock is for gradual hazard support, Earth Power Is STAB, and shadow Ball over Psychic because, earth pwoer already hits most of what psychic hits and more and if i ran psychic instead i woul be walled by most of the psychic types and ghost types, granted you shouldn't stay in on ghost types but the predictions in them switching in or staying in for a volt pivot are amazing to have available to hit ghost types like rotom decently hard.

Ludicolo @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Waterfall
- Drain Punch

Ludicolo Is my Other offensive Presence on my team. I decided to go with Lum Berry so status doesn;t slow me down first time around amd the ev's r just so i can hit hard and be fast, that's why i chose jolly so i could out-speed more since i didn't really need adamant since i have SD for an attack boosting move, Swift Swim for that somewhat common rain. Now since this is a SD set i of course need SD, Seed Bomb is my grass STAB, Waterfall is my water STAB, and now Drain Punch is for the dark tpyes that are rising in the tier specifically shiftry, and because it gives me some recovery on use.

Articuno @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 96 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpA / 100 SpD / 56 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
- Hurricane

Articuno is more of a support pokemon with a good offensive presence on the team. I wanted to go with LO because I want articuno to have a good offensive presence on my team because in the NU meta STAB freeze Dry and STAB Hurricane is a great thing to have. i have 96 HP so i have a odd HP so i can live 3 SR switch in's, defense and Spd ev's are so it can live longer as it is also a pokemon that carries support for my sweepers/wall breaker's, an d the speed is to out-speed al base 7-'s and skuntank trying to out-speed base 70's, than the rest is in spa so i have a good offensive presence. I have a Timid nature so i wouldn't have to use as many ev's trying to out-speed base 70's + skuntank so i could put the rest in spa. I Have tailwind as the supportive move on my team for sawk so it could out-speed pokes that it just cannot out-speed, Ludicolo to help it sweep, and for Articuno it self so it could out-speed more pokes and deal out good damage, Freeze Dry is for ice STAB and being able to hit water types harder like quag and primplup, Roost as recover, and Hurricane as a powerful Flying STAB.

TEAM 6

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Defog

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

Rotom-Fan @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave
Skunk and sawk form a great core with skunk dealing with sawks checks and sawk killing everything else. I added rhydon for rocks and to deal with fast physical attackers which threatened the core like tauros, archeops and swellow. Bulky sd scyther was next to help with malamar and fighting types. Poli was next to help with mons like dd rhydon and klinklang while also providing a water immunity. Last came ebelt rotom fan as it's really good rn and forms a nice volturn core with scyther while giving me another flying resist.

TEAM 7

Mafioso (Skuntank) @ Black Sludge
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Defog
- Sucker Punch

Ryu (Sawk) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt

Retor (Scyther) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Aerial Ace

Toxic Field (Vileplume) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb

Bird Army (Combusken) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Baton Pass

Robus (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn
Sawk: Is the team wallbreaker basically choice band + adamant are needed to maximize the power of sawk and so beat the strongest possible. Stone Edge is for flying types, Ice Punch can be used here but I prefer stone for giving OHKO in Scyther and more damage in flying / water types and Zen Headbutt is to poison types.

Skuntank: Skuntank enters the team to give support to Sawk with Pursuit removing the Psychic types that checks the fighter type and thereby facilitating their work. Poison Jab is for mega Audino, sucker punch help revenge fast mons and defog clears the field of entry hazards which is very important to keep Sturdy Sawk and health Scyther.

Scyther: Scyther can break fighting / dark / psychic cores quite easily thanks to its type added to eviolite that gives you a good bulk and a decent speed that overcomes large parts of these Pokémon becoming very important in the team as well as offering a win con late game with Swords Dance and time with U-turn forcing switches to Pokémon that normally checks as Rock, Steel Types thus giving a free entry to Sawk, Combusken or Vileplume. And it is my check of Malamar.

Combusken: Combusken offers speed control for the team thanks to their speed boost ability that allows you to overcome important treaths after a turn of Protect and then continue attacking one of his powerful stabs moves in Fire Blast or Focus Blast or else simply passing boosts in speed with the aid of Baton Pass to a teammate who can handle their checks. Combusken can be very useful at the time they can give to strong but slow Pokémon as Sawk and Rhydon the speed needed to do great damage to fragile but quick things.

Vileplume: Vileplume is the mandatory water type resists, checks Lilligant and second fighting resist and knock off abosrb. Vileplume can handle well with the new drops with HP Ground helps to check Klinklang and not be a setup folder.

Rhydon: Fire / Flying / normal check for the team, also offers SR and Electric immunity. Earthquake and Rock Blast stabs and are hit hard as they have to hit and Mega Horny is to Malamar, Psychic and Grass types.

TEAM 8

Sawk @ Expert Belt
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Toxic

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
EVs: 100 HP / 224 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Pursuit

Mesprit @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn
- Psychic

Scyther @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Defog

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Thunder Wave
- Drain Punch
- Protect

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 188 Def / 152 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Discharge
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
I use Lum Offensive Skunk because I hate Ghost types that try to Will-O-Wisp it, and instead kill all of them with Crunch. Toxic Sawk is cool because it messes with Colbur Xatu, and you can always use it on Sawk's normal Psychic switch ins to wear them down for later. Stealth Rock Shadow Ball Mesprit also beat every Xatu set, because they can't play mind games with Roost on you and Xatu can't OHKO mesprit anyway. Scyther forms a volt-turn core with Lanturn and Mesprit, and offensive eviolite is a cool set. 4th slot was free so I put defog in there because no one expects defog scyther. To not lose to every Flying-type I have Regirock and Lanturn. They both have the main objective to spam paralysis and resist Flying types. Protect Regirock is also cool to scout what Sawk locks itself into.

TEAM 9

Sawk @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Stone Edge

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Happiness: 0
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Substitute
- Frustration

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Rain Dance

Get Your (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn
I started with Choice Banded Sawk as an excellent contender in the current meta, able to 2HKO essentially the entire metagame. Aside from the standard coverage of Close Combat/Knock Off, I opted for Zen Headbutt to hit Weezing and other Psychic types and Stone Edge to hit bulky Flyings like Rotom-F or Scyther harder. Due to Adamant Sawk being a common speed to creep, I am running Jolly, which allows me to outspeed positive natured base 80s like Mesprit, and creep Magmortar, which might otherwise threaten the team.

The next Pokemon on the team is Skuntank. Like was mentioned in the thread, it is essential to trap bulky Psychics and Ghosts which allows Sawk easier prediction. Pursuit and Sucker Punch are there for this purpose, with Poison Jab being a reliable STAB which notably hits Granbull which my Sawk set cannot touch, and Taunt is there to shut down Musharna and Double Dance Rhydon setting up on Skuntank for free, among general utility. Lum Berry is there to ease matchup versus bulky Ghosts with WoW, allows me to take a Sleep Powder from Lilligant which stops a potential sweep or a Lovely Kiss from Jynx and threaten Pursuit or Poison Jab. 144 speed creeps max speed base 70s, and the rest is put into bulk to help survivability.

Xatu completes the Psychic-Dark-Fighting core, and lets me beat omnipresent bulky Poisons to allow Sawk to click CC with more ease, prevent hazards to help Sawk preserve Sturdy, and preserve momentum with U-turn. I am running Psychic as it hits Garbodor and Weezing harder than Psyshock, Heat Wave to help versus Klinklang, and Giga Drain to beat Stealth Rock setters like Rhydon with much greater ease. I opted for no Roost as I felt all the coverage moves were necessary to the team and that they allowed me to play Xatu more offensively. Due to this, I am also running max/max EVs to surprise many who expect a more standard Xatu EV spread, allowing me to hit max speed base 90s. Modest is used to get the most damage from my moves, with Giga Drain notably being a potential OHKO on no Special Defense Rhydon. Colbur Berry is there to act as a one-time check to Fighting types and Sandslash, even without HP investment.

The next core is also an offensive one, Ludicolo-Klinklang. These are both Pokemon which appreciate Sawk's wallbreaking capabilities, as they're both ables cleaners in their own right. Klinklang has a fairly standard EV spread, Substitute allowing me to setup on Granbull's TWave or Will-O-Wisps from Weezing or bulky Ghosts. It acts as a setup sweeper which takes advantages of Fairies like MAudino, Mawile or Granbull to aid Sawk's cleanup and prevent them from getting STAB Fairy moves on the rest of my team. It also acts as another wincon once its checks are gone and allows me to offensively pressure the other team more, and takes advantage of SD Scyther which otherwise dismantles my PDF core.

Ludicolo is an amazing partner for Klinklang, as it cleans Fire, Ground, and Water types which trouble Klinklang, and appreciates any holes in the opposing team that Klinklang might have made. It dismantles entire balance cores like Torterra/Lanturn and others by itself due to being a very rarely seen threat and therefore unprepared for. After a Rain Dance, it outspeeds every common offense mon and proceeds to pick them off. It also notably takes advantage of Combusken, as after a Rain Dance it outspeeds +2 and OHKOs with Hydro Pump. Ideally, the core allows one to punch a hole in the opposing team and allows the other to sweep, and acts as yet another wincon, exerting a lot of pressure on the opponent not to let them setup.

The final slot is taken by Rhydon as a sturdy Stealth Rock setter and pivot into Pokemon like Liepard and Skuntank, and acts as another answer to Scyther. It also notably eats TWaves for breakfast and prevent choice locked Pokemon to hit Volt Switch freely. I am using the tank spread as my team can struggle with Pokemon like Pyroar or Magmortar, and with this I can take an HP Grass from full and proceed to OHKO. Rock Blast is there for the rare lead Archeops, while Megahorn hits Grass types like Lilligant or Shiftry on the switch.

A great set of teams this week, and I am loving all the submissions so lets keep this going!
A reminder that Voting ends Sunday

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)