The Unscrupulous Tiering Director Tournament, DOU edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
approved by myself, the most legendary and glorious project moderator of Doubles
Originally hosted by Eo Ut Mortus for OU, then hosted by papai noel for OU (whose OP I largely copied), now a variant hosted by Shuckleking87 for NU etc etc

If you haven't heard, we've decided to revise Smogon's tiering system. Everyone knows that the DOU council is run by people who don't actually play (cough Laga cough), and suspect tests are just ban-happy bandwagoning fools who don't appreciate what Mega Salamence contributes to the metagame. Our new system will be a democracy: everyone will have a say.

The Unscrupulous Tiering Director Tournament

Rules:
Standard DOU rules apply

• Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot use any moveset on any Pokémon capable of intentionally causing an endless battle.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same National Pokédex number on a team.
    • For example, using a team with two Koffing would break this clause.
    • Using different formes on the same team, such as Rotom-W and Rotom-C, also breaks the clause since they share the same Pokédex number (#479).
  • Evasion Clause: A Pokemon may not have either Double Team or Minimize in its moveset.
  • OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
  • Moody Clause: A team cannot have a Pokemon with the ability Moody.
Players cannot use the following Pokémon:
  • Mewtwo
  • Lugia
  • Ho-oh
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Giratina
  • Giratina-O
  • Arceus
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Kyurem-White
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
Players cannot use the following moves:
  • Dark Void
Players cannot use the following moves on the same team:
  • Gravity and any move which can induce sleep
Players cannot use the following items:
  • Salamencite
  • Soul Dew

In your sign-up post, include exactly two Pokemon, moves, or items you wish to ban. Please use the following format:

BAN Kangaskhan
BAN Follow Me

----

You can ban two Pokemon (Shaymin-S and Hoopa-U)
You can ban two moves (Rock Slide and Swagger)
You can ban two items (Sitrus Berry and Safety Goggles)
You can ban a Pokemon and a move (Aegislash and Wide Guard)
You can ban a Pokemon and an item (Venusaur and Charizardite Y)
You can ban a move and an item (Fake Out and Focus Sash)

Bans are forme specific. Banning Rotom-W does not ban Rotom-H, etc.

You CANNOT ban combinations (Spore + Rage Powder, Close Combat on Terrakion)
You CANNOT ban parts of Pokemon (Huge Power on Azumarill, Gale Wings on Talonflame)
You CANNOT ban strategies (PerishTrap, Bunnies)
You CANNOT ban abilities (Justified, Levitate)
You CANNOT ban users (Stratos, fangame10)

---

Whatever you ban will remain banned for EVERYONE in the tournament--that is, until you lose. If you lose in this tournament, you will be deemed unqualified to act as a tiering leader and will be assassinated by Doubles council members in the middle of the night. Your bans will be revoked at the beginning of the tournament's next round.

You may ban something even if other people have already banned it. Bans enacted by multiple people will remain in effect until all people with the same ban are eliminated.

You may not ban the same thing twice (yourself). That's just pointless, and I will not count your sign-up post if you do so. If you really don't want to ban anything else, ban Magikarp.

You cannot change your bans after I post Round 1. Nobody likes a flipflop tiering leader. If you do change one of your bans, please make another post in the thread stating so, not only for me to notice but also so that people are aware of a change in the global banlist.

Substitutes' bans will not take effect. Substitutes will adopt the bans of the players whose positions they take.

1. Yellow Paint (Protect, Trick Room)
  2. kamikaze17 (Trick Room, Thunder Wave)
  3. U-Turn Out (Choice Scarf, Amoonguss)
  4. moods (Kyurem-B, Rock Slide)
  5. Lord Alphose (Shaymin-S, Fake Out)
  6. Anty (Follow Me, Amoonguss)
  7. qsns (Kangaskhan, Tailwind)
  8. Yoda2798 (Hyper Voice, Tailwind)
  9. Ununhexium (Fake Out, Rage Powder)
  10. Memoric (Deoxys-A, Talonflame)
  11. 3RROR404 (Heatran, Protect)
  12. DaAwesomeDude1 (Spore, Focus Sash)
  13. Clefairy (Cresselia, Spore)
  14. Qazoo306 (Swagger, Leftovers)
  15. It Is Guest (Perish Song, Defog)
  16. Stratos (Substitute, Thundurus)
  17. Digital Sound (Detect, Diamond Storm)
  18. Silverwhiteblue (Life Orb, Taunt)
  19. Laga (Shaymin-S, Talonflame)
  20. Fangame10 (Landorus-T, Kyurem-B)
I'm looking for this to be on a minitour type schedule and end reasonably quickly. Ideally it will end before the current circuit tournament reaches grand finals.

Last edited:

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
"and suspect tests are just ban-happy bandwagoning fools who don't appreciate what Mega Salamence contributes to the metagame"

Yesssssssssssss

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
Just a tip: don't ban pokemon, ban their crutch moves for maximum banning potential.

Aka don't ban rotom-wash, just ban hydro pump.
Don't ban talonflame, just ban brave bird.
Banning a pokemon will still allow people to use lesser evolutions, banning the move makes them completely unviable

*a better example than bbird / talonflame is something like hypervoice/sylveon

Last edited:
I've been looking for an excuse to start playing again, and this seems like it should do :^]

Ban Swagger (outside of this tour too please :/)
Ban Leftovers

Stratos

Banned deucer.
TOTEM actually had a tour lined up to host, so i should lock this

but what the hell this sounds fun

BAN Substitute
BAN Thundurus

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yo what the fuck I haven't heard ANYTHING about this and there are two other tours lined up (edit: three if Totem had one too)

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
BAN Shaymin-S
BAN Talonflame

I am not playing a meta with no protect, no speed control, and these two fuckers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)