Resource RBY & Tradebacks Bug Report Thread

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey there, I've fixed the bug with the stat modifiers and the bug with re-lowering the stats and I've hotpatched the server. Sorry about that :/

Vastly superior teambuilder, better old gen mechanics (no disrespect Joim btw, you're doing good stuff), much more helpful battle window
I know, it's quite time consuming to do mostly everything (thanks to Marty for being so helpful lately) alone on oldest gens, plus I lack a lot of motivation for it lately.

If you see anything weird, please do report.

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
Low Kick's power should be fixed at 50 in Gen 1 and Gen 2. Its accuracy should be 90% as well.

In this replay, Tauros takes 69.4% instead of the expected 37.9 - 44.7%, likely because Tauros weighs 88.4 kg, but the power should vary depending on weight in gen 1.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1customgame-237334189

I submitted a commit which has been closed, as it seems it should have inherited the data from Gen 2, but for some reason it doesn't work.

Last edited:

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The opposing Jolteon used Double Kick!
It's super effective! The substitute took damage for Rhydon!
A critical hit! It's super effective! The substitute took damage for Rhydon!
Hit 2 times!

both hits crit or dont crit. multihit moves never get independent damage (or crit) rolls.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
iirc the damage is saved anyway, but not the "it's a critical hit!" message (or lack thereof). Will fix.

Turn 53
The opposing Articuno is fast asleep.

Ditto used Transform!
Ditto transformed into Articuno!
Turn 54
The opposing Articuno woke up!

Ditto is paralyzed! It can't move!
Turn 55
The opposing Articuno used Ice Beam!
A critical hit! Ditto lost 53.7% of its health!

Turn 56
Ditto lost 44.3% of its health!

Ditto used Rest!
Ditto fell asleep!
Ditto slept and became healthy!

Ice beam crit did 53% in turn 55, normal ice beam did 44% in turn 56. Unless I am missing something, this is a bug

Hi, I'm not sure if this is something that's already known but Wrap PP is not correct, based on this battle. By my count my opponent had used Wrap 21 times when he claimed that it rolled over. This is further corroborated by the fact I did stay in on the last Wrap PP use, and my opponent had PP remaining after that.

Also manually counting PP is a monumental pain in the ass

Why exactly do people like using PS over PO again?
Wrap sometimes uses 2 PPs instead of 1 on the switches. I believe this bug has already been reported ? (not sure about this)
I fixed this. Even tested with Jellicent until we got the 63 PP!

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Turn 53

Ditto used Transform!
Ditto transformed into Articuno!
Turn 54
The opposing Articuno woke up!

Turn 55
A critical hit! Ditto lost 53.7% of its health!

Turn 56
Ditto lost 44.3% of its health!

Ditto used Rest!
Ditto fell asleep!
Ditto slept and became healthy!

Ice beam crit did 53% in turn 55, normal ice beam did 44% in turn 56. Unless I am missing something, this is a bug
more context i.e. Replay would have been nice. Honestly, this doesn't make sense at all with the information you provided. The crit damage is normal against any regular Articuno, but this is a base 48 HP / 125 SpC Ditto so the damage does not make sense in the slightest unless Transform broke again. It is also impossible to score a 44.3% damage roll unless a +1 Articuno uses Ice Beam on another nuetral Articuno, but once again, this is Ditto (base hp wise) we are talking about and if Arti was at +1, than Ditto would copy its +1 assuming Transform didn't change at all. If you could recreate the situation with a replay, that would be fantastic because as it stands, this doesn't make sense at all.

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
Crystal_ Is this correct ? I tried to compile a list of Transform effects to find what works fine and what is not correctly implemented on PS:

Copy:
• Specie
• Types
• Moves
• DVs
• Current Attack stat
• Current Defense stat
• Current Speed stat
• Current Special stat
• Initial Attack stat (used for Critical Hit damage calculation ?)
• Initial Defense stat (used for Critical Hit damage calculation ?)
• Initial Speed stat
• Initial Special stat (used for Critical Hit damage calculation ?)
• Attack level
• Defense level
• Speed level
• Special level

Set the PPs at 5

Critical Hit Ratio is not modified, as the Base Speed is not copied from the Enemy Pokémon.

Last edited:

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
froggy25 , just to be clear, you're concluding Initial Speed Stat is copied, but is irrelevant, because the Current Speed stat of the target (of when transform was used) is used with determining move order for the user, and the Critical Hit Ratio, the chance of a critical hit occuring, is based on the base speed of the user, i.e. Ditto/Mew?

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1customgame-242074284
Transform should copy the current Speed of the opponent's Pokémon (Transform was used on turn 4 on a Paralysed Mew, then the Transformed Mew managed to win a Speed tie with a non-paralysed Mew on turn 8 )
Transform should not copy the Critical Hit Ratio from the opponent's Pokémon, it should keep its own Critical Hit Ratio (Turn 48, Transformed Mew deals a Critical Hit with randBW(256) = 61 against Mewtwo, but Mew has a Critical Hit Ratio of 50/256)

i don't know if this has been said already but for gen 1 link battles for the carts you battle with your mons has they currently are in-game that means you can start a link battle on the carts with all your mons with a already inflicted major status effect or even with already fainted mons.

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I found a funny thing that is at least as old as 2012

it contains knowledge of the paralysis/burn stat modifications thing that Crystal_ recently described

But it also had one interesting nugget that might merit including for accuracy's sake
In RBY, the "super effective" or "not very effective" message was determined purely by a dual-type's second type. eg if you hit Gyarados with an Ice Beam you get the "super effective" message, although it deals normal damage.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Nah what crystal discovered was not mentioned in there

Also it's more complicated than that. Venusaur seems to resist EQ despite being Grass/Poison. There's info on that on Bulbapedia. I'd link but phone post

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
the 'opponent sees' PP is not based off RBY PP - e.g. if I use Mega Drain twice it says that the opponent sees Mega Drain - 22/24 when it should be 14/16.

EDIT:

Turn 6
dragonslAyerbomb withdrew Magneton!
dragonslAyerbomb sent out Slowpoke!
Hypno used Psychic!
It's not very effective... The opposing Slowpoke lost 20% of its health!
The opposing Slowpoke's Special fell!
Turn 7
Hypno used Psychic!
It's not very effective... The opposing Slowpoke lost 32% of its health!
The opposing Slowpoke's Special fell!
The opposing Slowpoke used Thunder Wave!
Hypno is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
Turn 8
The opposing Slowpoke used Amnesia!
Hypno used Psychic!
It's not very effective... The opposing Slowpoke lost 37% of its health!

slowpoke remained at -2 special

is this supposed to happen lol

Last edited:
In RBY, the "super effective" or "not very effective" message was determined purely by a dual-type's second type. eg if you hit Gyarados with an Ice Beam you get the "super effective" message, although it deals normal damage
It displays the message according to whatever entry is last in this list: https://github.com/iimarckus/pokered/tree/master/data/type_effects.asm Since ice vs flying goes after ice vs water, it's displayed as super effective.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Up to RBY players I guess, but for cartridge accuracy, the effects of ^this list might deserve being included on PS!

Thanks for the actual mechanics, Crystal_

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)