NOC Fire and Ice Mafia: Fire and Ice tie, the village loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So i see that Cancerous isn't here, but would anyone mind taking his job and giving me a summary, or do yall want me to read all 27 pages myself?
I mean im willing too, it'd just take forever.
UncleSam is sexually aroused by a. village leading b. arguments and has endeavored to completely drain his testicles during this game.

Haunted Diamond was mislynched because he acted very scummy except for any scumtells about a partner, giving up and whining for a sub.

Gale also played very weird and was suspected or unread by many players. He kept breaking rules and was godkilled.

acidphoenix also acts very scummy and nooby, but once again, doesn't scumtell a partner. We have been waiting for him to post for five long years.

TIK/UltrasPlot had some SLAM DUNK SCUMS. Perhaps you have the same?

DLE has posted more infrequently than other experienced players expect, with numerous posts having a sort of noncontent that leads to suspicion.

PokeguyNXB has 30 minutes a day on the Internet because he is a growing boy and we desire a sub so we can get some actual reads from this position.

Celever is on everyone's scumlist because.. Celever. I think he comes off as shady to everyone, or it's wishful thinking we can lynch this kid.

Walrein/UTO have garnered some suspicion and have been posting. Note that the suspicion came from the posting.

Cancerous gave a few slam dunk town posts then vanished after Gains. jumpluff took his place and has accompanied UncleSam in writing a full-length novel based on the events of this game, in real time, a truly raw exposition into the mind of a mafia player. This is probable townplay.

Yeti is a quality poster and unfailingly town. Trust her perspective.

Spiffy was somewhat suspected on Day One and was killed by Mafia One in a move that puzzled the public eye.

ButteredToast played similarly to PokeguyNXB with the excuses and inability to scumread but began participating. He was likely killed as a 'safe' target - someone with greater odds to be town than mafia but very, very slim odds of being protected or Mafia One's target. Well Memed, Mafia Two.

UncleSam is sexually aroused by a. village leading b. arguments and has endeavored to completely drain his testicles during this game.

Haunted Diamond was mislynched because he acted very scummy except for any scumtells about a partner, giving up and whining for a sub.

Gale also played very weird and was suspected or unread by many players. He kept breaking rules and was godkilled.

acidphoenix also acts very scummy and nooby, but once again, doesn't scumtell a partner. We have been waiting for him to post for five long years.

TIK/UltrasPlot had some SLAM DUNK SCUMS. Perhaps you have the same?

DLE has posted more infrequently than other experienced players expect, with numerous posts having a sort of noncontent that leads to suspicion.

PokeguyNXB has 30 minutes a day on the Internet because he is a growing boy and we desire a sub so we can get some actual reads from this position.

Celever is on everyone's scumlist because.. Celever. I think he comes off as shady to everyone, or it's wishful thinking we can lynch this kid.

Walrein/UTO have garnered some suspicion and have been posting. Note that the suspicion came from the posting.

Cancerous gave a few slam dunk town posts then vanished after Gains. jumpluff took his place and has accompanied UncleSam in writing a full-length novel based on the events of this game, in real time, a truly raw exposition into the mind of a mafia player. This is probable townplay.

Yeti is a quality poster and unfailingly town. Trust her perspective.

Spiffy was somewhat suspected on Day One and was killed by Mafia One in a move that puzzled the public eye.

ButteredToast played similarly to PokeguyNXB with the excuses and inability to scumread but began participating. He was likely killed as a 'safe' target - someone with greater odds to be town than mafia but very, very slim odds of being protected or Mafia One's target. Well Memed, Mafia Two.
so HD did the same thing as last time, gale got modkilled, acid is lurking, the people I subbed into had SLAM DUNK SCUMS (I have no idea what that is), DLE is fillering, pokeguy will be subbed, celever is celever, u-turn-out is suspicious, jumpluff is townie, you want me to think that you're town, and spiffy/BT are both dead town.
alright.
Last time i tried to catch up it was a useless endeavor so i'm not gonna read d1, but i'll check out what's happened today.

alright that was a terrible idea because i am far too lazy to read wallposts when catching up, but i'd like to offer my thoughts on the n1 kills.
I think I saw something saying that B_T was a strange kill option because he was lurky-ish/didn't post much, but perhaps the scum were aiming to hit the doctor?
And for spiffy, i remember seeing posts stating that he was scummy on d1.

Last time I played this, i was scum (ice mafia, in fact) so I think I could actually offer a viewpoint that nobody else is willing to state because, well, they'd reveal themselves as scum.

As ice mafia, my partner and I planned to kill a fire mafia as soon as possible and then go straight for people who we thought were townies, aiming to lynch/nk the second one later.
The fire mafia actually employed a different strategy - they went for the doctor (and killed both me and my partner in the process -_-). Funnily enough, they didn't ever hit the doctor - I did on the last night i was alive.

so, B_T was lurky but seemed townie-ish, and Spiffy was kinda scummy?
perhaps the team that killed spiffy was employing the strategy the ice mafia did in our game, and perhaps the team that killed B_T was employing the strategy that the fire mafia did.

Perhaps the strategy i'm talking about doesn't make sense to you guys, but I think it could be possible reasoning for the kills.

The Diabolic Gift
I know this has been said multiple times now, but updating the playerlist on the first page with the current players in game + the lynches and nightkills along with their flips would be a good idea.
(Essentially, making the playerlist a dead/alive thing with the current players in the game).

Can you please scumhunt instead of obsessing over the deadline please? I realise theres a lot to catch up on but you can skip most of the wall posts and just read people's reactions to them. Just start with the most recent stuff and then search through the thread if you need to refer to stuff.

The above post was addressed to rssp1. I am probably about to make quite a few posts for ease of readability.

This is to Celever: I do not like what you are doing right now. You have posted almost nothing since the game regained activity. It is as if you are happy to set back and let the game slip out of your hands, as if lurking suits you better. It's very easy to be active when nobody is, since you drive the threats. Now I am active and subs are happening, the dynamic of the game has shifted. Why are you not present anymore? Why do you not find this new information worthy of even cursory analysis? Why are you okay to let the conversation be dictated in this manner and offer no opinions? Is it because you think you are slipping by as a moderate scumread and being ignored in favour of acidphoenix, U-Turn Out, and Da Letter El? After intense activity in Day 1 and then using your participation in the dead part of Day 2 as a way of defending yourself, how can you excuse this or explain this as in any way pro-town behaviour? Do you have literally no opinion on which one of those three should be lynched? Are you okay with that because you want anyone but yourself lynched? Is your mafia partner acidphoenix? Input, please.

Alright so i'm noticing that acidphoenix isn't really posting until he's harassed about it several times, busy schedule or not... I think most people are seeing him as scummy for this (that is, not contributing much and lurking), but wouldn't that be a really risky strategy for a mafia to continue employing after they've been called out?

Also feeling overly townieness from UncleSam - I can't actually find anything that would point towards him being scum though, so I guess its really just a gut feeling. I'll keep looking to try and find some evidence.

I got sleep, can you tell?

U-Turn Out, with secondary mentions of Celever:

U-Turn Out said:
i already mentioned why I think acidphoenix is a good lynch. Yeti has pointed out about him not really having a partner, but I feel like at this point of the game the scum aren't really trying to defend one another, but just cast a suspicion on someone else so his partner can go hide in the shadows again, which I was thinking DLE was doing. As jumpluff mentioned before, acidphoenix is the safest lynch and I feel the same way.
This is backwards logic. This assumes that Da Letter El is scum and acidphoenix is probably his partner, but allows for the possibility that Celever etc. is his partner. Instead your proposition for the lynch is that we lynch acidphoenix, who has been repeatedly noted to have multiple relations of that type (along with UncleSam and myself) not Da Letter El, the person who in this scenario is your major premise as scum. Elaborate, please?

U-Turn Out said:
Celever...he just seems to be playing strange. I admit that some of this is gut, but he's picking on the helpless players (gale and ultrasplot earlier) and trying to push a lynch on them. I also feel like he's trying to hang low this day; I appreciate the post he made, but after jumpluff and I subbed in he didn't really try to spark discussion; I think he was trying to wait and see if he can get a lynch off of either of us and seeing our responses to other people. As I said, it's mostly gut, but looking at the scum teams possible I think that he's probably on one of them. Also find it fascinating, as other people stated, how he completely ignored me in his recent post that he made. Celever care to explain?
Seconded, although I do not think he is trying to lynch me at all. I think he is not trying to lynch anyone actively. I think he is fine with you being lynched, though. I think he is probably less okay with DLE or acidphoenix being lynched based on the timing of his posts. And I quote from this post,

acidphoenix - decent scum
DLE - decent scum
US -
seriously I have a null read on US. I know how capable he is at manipulating, but actually when he's scum I tend to read him townier than when he's town, and rn my gut says he's playing like mafia but there's nothing concrete about it. leaning town. Really it's a null read, but if I had a gun held to my head and I had to say one or the other, it would be town.
Pokeguy - Strongest Town Read in game (maybe replaced by jumpluff now though, making Pokeguy 2nd place)
Right now I most want to lynch UltrasPlot, of course.
There has been zero attempt from Celever to actually push this UltrasPlot (rssp1?) lynch, even though Yeti provided in two instances arguments he could have latched onto to propose an UltrasPlot lynch. In context of him completely ignoring you, this is stupid as hell because the lynch is shifting from DLE to you. I will acknowledge in fairness that that post looks like it was composed on the go rather than from a pre-built conclusion due to the absence of an initial UltrasPlot scumread, and I never posted about UltrasPlot like I intended to and was asked, but Yeti absolutely did, twice.

I want people to have their attention on others because I'm definitely not going to let people who have posted before and suddenly disappear (celever and acid) pass this day. Best and most important discussion in the entire game, and they're just going to read it, and decide not to add anything? That's what I think they're doing right now, and I feel like people should pressure those who aren't really trying to do anything to post.
This doesn't fly when you're being threatened with a lynch for similar reasons, especially when the players you subbed in for did the exact same thing. By the same logic, why should I let you evade my questions when I have clearly delineated my points against you? And I quote,

I would appreciate it if you could clarify what you are implying with my interactions with Celever; the reason I put him with DLE and not UncleSam in that post was because 1. The post was more about DLE and the possiblities that he could be and 2. He hasn't been really buddying anyone recently (tbf it's possible it's because he isn't too active) , but I felt like DLE was trying to cover him up.
The bolded part, 'but I felt like DLE was trying to cover [Celever] up' is a clear contradiction with your suggestion that DLE was covering up acidphoenix, which I laid out at the start of this post, as well as your original read about Celever buddying with UncleSam.

Anyway, I will reiterate as logically as possible what I wrote, although it is all readable here for anyone else who would like to evaluate whether I clearly laid out my points or not as I developed them (CTRL-F for Celever).
  • U-turn Out's original reads post placed an ambivalent town/scumread on Celever based on several points, the primary of which are a) buddying with UncleSam b) defensiveness c) evasiveness and feigning helpfulness d) aggression towards users e) contribution level
  • It also placed a stronger scumread on PokeguyNXB for inactivity and unwillingness to contribute when actually present
  • It placed the strongest scumread on acidphoenix for bandwagoning Gale and Haunted Diamond and inactivity, and the strongest town read on Da Letter El
  • When responding to Da Letter El's attack on him, U-turn Out appealed to DLE's other scumreads by asking what happened to Celever and acidphoenix, scumreads DLE had also made
  • As of U-turn Out's most recent statements, acidphoenix and PokeguyNXB were U-turn Out's strongest scumreads, therefore to omit PokeguyNXB suggested deflection onto Celever rather than an attempt to actually guide the lynch in preferred direction or defend themselves
  • The post consequently came across as disingenuous, especially since the other part of the post was about who would make the best lynch and was entirely disparate from the attempt to redirect Da Letter El towards Celever and acidphoenix
  • The defensiveness and refusal to defend self (what UncleSam identified as 'WHY MEEE?' behaviour) is neither town or scum behaviour but simply the manifestation of pressured players in an experience differential. However, a town player in such a situation typically will redirect to their own scumreads and not appeal to the biases of the person attacking them. A scum player is happy for whomever to be lynched as long as it's not them (although I think whoever acidphoenix's partner is today is happy to lynch them if forced to)
  • There was a clear scumslip in response to Da Letter El's comment that the best lynch would be U-Turn Out because the flip would yield lots of information, namely that if U-Turn Out was mafia I would become #1 suspect for their partner and if U-Turn Out was town then suspicion would fall on Sam and Celever due to absence of scumreads in the lynch
  • I disputed DLE's comment in a previous post because I found the logic objectionable in the listed case that U-Turn Out could be town, especially in the context that I felt DLE was trying to subtly build up suspicion on me, and remarked that the flip was accordingly not very useful by DLE's own comments because the only person it would shed any light on is me
  • U-Turn Out cited my argument by 'We really don't get much info from my flip at all; jumpluff is the only person who would be affected by my flip as you say they would be my partner if I was mafia.'
  • I observed that the bolded part was a very pronounced scumslip as it a) directly assumes the case U-Turn Out flips mafia, which is not the default assumption for someone who knows they are town and would be mislynched b) ignores the case U-Turn Out flips town, in which case U-Turn Out should have opinions on if there were any scum who were culprits directly or indirectly for the mislynch
  • The evidence underlying my point b) in the line above is that U-Turn Out made cases for the flips of Celever and acidphoenix (if one flips scum, DLE is their partner), but did not make a case for their own flip as town
  • That flip logic ignores U-Turn Out's previous points that UncleSam and Celever were buddying.
Therefore, I concluded the post was coming purely from a desire not to be lynched, and not a desire to correctly redirect the lynch. A remotely rational town player is not happy for anyone to be lynched but them when a mislynch places the town numbers at equal with the mafia numbers. That scenario 'works', but at the most basic level of good play, not if there are people who you can make a correct case for to be lynched (which UTO failed to do when responding to Da Letter El, and only did when responding to UncleSam and myself). A town player wants to defend themselves from the lynch adequately so that they are not mislynched, and also prevent mislynches onto other players, and provide useful information in the case they die, tendencies U-Turn Out had already previously identified as pro-town behaviour that their scumreads (Celever et al.) were not exhibiting and hence can be accountable for not doing in points of pressure.

In conclusion, U-Turn Out, your interactions with Celever are minimal and primarily suggest a desire for attention to return to them (or acidphoenix) off you rather than to establish any point about him. They are purely defensive in nature, something you have identified as scummy behaviour of Celever's yourself.

I've thought about the scum teams a while. If myself, DLE, and you aren't in any of the scum teams, it's probably pokeguy, celever, ultrasplot, and acid. I don't really believe that these are the four, it just seems so awkward. yeti + pluff could be possible, but I don't think that's likely. DLE fits well in the teams, and I've grown more suspicous of him. UncleSam, can you tell me why my post implies that DLE cannot be on the scum teams?
This is good and I am happy to hear it. I think it is important both to individually identify scummy play and to try to identify weird relationships or absences thereof between players. At this point in the game, process of elimination is valid from one's own PoV to attempt to identify likely scum. This post was far more internally consistent, although I'd like to hear US's response to your question since I can see both of your points (you explicitly identified which scumteam DLE could be on, but responded to DLE clearly and acknowledgedly as if he were town while he, from your PoV, aggressively started a mislynch on you). I would like to hear what you think is a more reasonable set of four scum than Pokeguy/Celever/UltrasPlot[rssp1]/acidphoenix though, since your only proposed list is, as you noted, clunky and inconsistent with your views on PokeguyNXB.

the reason I put him with DLE and not UncleSam in that post was because 1. The post was more about DLE and the possiblities that he could be
This sounds like defensiveness.

Those arguments that I listed were from DLE
Yes, my problem was explicitly that you used my argument to combat them. My argument only makes sense from my PoV. It makes no sense from yours because from your PoV you are not mafia. You are still ignoring the possibility you are town, which is.... really, really weird, to say the least. What would you advise if you are mislynched? What do you think that suggests about Da Letter El and UncleSam?

The reason I really haven't pushed PokeguyNXB as much as you thought I would was because 1. he was getting a sub and 2. I really didn't know about his irl circumstances that detailed; the fact that he requested to sub out makes me believe that everything he said about his circumstance was honest and that he was actually struggling to put a post simply because of time. I would also like to hear more from his sub before I make more comments on him.
Agreed, feel free to allow for this case in your set(s) of four scum if PokeguyNXB's ambiguity makes it too awkward.

Don't think I have anything else to say about that post, thank you for responding to me, but please actually respond to my points about you.

---

I will try to make an updated and explicit reads post at some point. I am currently trying to work out the scum teams again because I am not sure where Celever fits into this.

rssp1

Alright so i'm noticing that acidphoenix isn't really posting until he's harassed about it several times, busy schedule or not... I think most people are seeing him as scummy for this (that is, not contributing much and lurking), but wouldn't that be a really risky strategy for a mafia to continue employing after they've been called out?
Thank you, I appreciate your eagerness to contribute from the start. I find this an interesting PoV because everyone disagrees with it but am eager to see even a soft defense of acidphoenix to further the discussion, so thanks for raising it.

I do however disagree. acidphoenix only posts when called out, really. The primary focus of the lynch has, since I subbed into the game, been on Da Letter El and then U-Turn Out. acidphoenix has been suspected but the lynch has been pulled off him multiple times. I conjecture that, in the absence of an activity sub, acidphoenix is simply cruising by and hoping to avoid being lynched in favour of people who are suspected more strongly, and is intentionally not posting because that would give us potential information with which we could justify lynching him and finding his partner. I believe it is an all-in strategy. If acidphoenix is indeed scum, he has two options: sub out or continue to fly under the radar until a lynch which he cannot accept arises (he may even be okay with being lynched if it saves his partner from lynching, but I doubt this because I think at least one of DLE and UTO and probably both are scum but may not be allied, so I think he is playing selfishly right now). If acidphoenix reappears and promises activity again, he will be lynched the moment he disappears again. Therefore he has to bide his time for the correct moment to conveniently reappear. It is a questionable strategy and very transparent, but relies on the hesitance of the village to mislynch again after Day 1 (a mislynch he was happy enough to support).

Town acidphoenix has only two pro-town options: sub out because he cannot play the game or reappear and attempt to make substantive and sustained contributions in order to prevent us from lynching a townie. He is doing neither but has been reported by multiple PS! members not to be truly inactive. He has also posted plenty enough for someone who has nothing to say, and disappeared at convenient moments. His failure to sub out suggests to me that he sees something worthwhile in remaining in this game, because he is not playing it, not having any apparent fun, and is constantly being pestered to post. Nearly all people in such a position who are town would sub out, as we have seen in this game and many others. Hell, even scum do it when they can't be bothered earlygame and don't know how the game will progress. Who is in the strongest position right now? The mafia. Therefore I believe he is intentionally trying to cruise to a win.

Going to go back to the beginning of the day since I haven't made a good post(although I'll reference other posts I've made)

The Nightkills- Looking back BT's ONLY real read was on Gale, meaning I think his kill could've been by Gale(but r.i.p.) or someone trying to frame him. I think that US, DLE, and Walrein are the only people too likely to think of that before the nightkill

Spiffy had decent reads, and although he seemed a bit scummy, he probably could've pushed a lynch off him and onto basically any player less experienced- I'd understand this kill from any person except for US, Walrein, or Yeti- DLE was scummy enough that he was likelier than Spiffy, and also the next section of this reasoning. I don't read into this one that much because it seems like "OMG kill experienced person who won't be BG'd so they can't push a lynch on me," with various degrees of eloquence in that reasoning.

Others' Reaction to the Nightkills-
Yeti started the day by expressing annoyance with UncleSam for the Haunted lynch(which somehow made her seem more townie to everyone, idk how)
This just seems like a bored start to the day waiting for discussion started so he can contribute.

DLE started with a quick, empty post showing quick thoughts- 1 team is scaredycats, 1 team sucks, and Gale is town. He proceeds to say the order is the reverse of the order TDG did the nightkills in, and also made sure that it was clear that the Spiffy kill couldn't have been him, it was a newbie, I wouldn't kill him so that he can be mislynched tomorrow, but US might for reasons that apply to me in every aspect, but no they totally don't idk why!

Ultra'sPlot started by making a bit of tiny-pointless contributions- no-content accusing US and Celever, (falsely) stating we were in LYLO, and suggesting DLE/ r.i.p. townie Gale were town and US/Celever were scum. I'd say it looked scummy, but it doesn't even look like a foolish-scum, it just looks like he has no clue what he's doing. He could be noobscum too, but there are more than enough people who /actually/ look scummy to me for me to not need to accuse based on that.

Pokeguy started by trying to contribute a bit and bandwagoning on the preferred lynches of most/all newbies(myself included)- Celever and UncleSam, having his only defense when quickly accused be "I didn't do it" and letting other people set the tone. He outright stated that he thought he would be accused of dramatically changing his demeanor because a partner told him to, which is something I don't see him thinking of beforehand unless he actually did, in fact have a partner who told him to.

Have to go to bed will type more tomorrow

Can you not summarise the discussion we had pages ago about the kills and instead focus on reads on users, your preferred lynches, and the accusations towards you, especially the ones I laid out right above your post before you were even in the thread? The entire bit where you just, like, narrate what Yeti et al. all thought about the nightkills with zero commentary on it is a really transparent noncontribution, we know what they thought, they posted it themselves, why does it matter? Post your own thoughts, acidphoenix.

Triple post but yes I know there are three implied scumreads in that post but no actual conclusions and you omitted every other user, post who you actually think is scum and why, preferably based off more than one calendar day. Like literally I see you in this thread every time I am in here to post, you have been reading the thread if only because we tag you in every other post, you must have some sort of reaction to that.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I agree with jumpluff - acidphoenix just restated prior events and conclusions. I still don't see a READ from him, except that he doesn't consider me as town as the rest of the game.

Good to see rssp1 is posting, I'll review everything he says tomorrow. Tired AF. Hopefully sunny004 can be subbed in as well.

jumpluff
"the manifestation of pressured players in an experience differential"
what
(from "The defensiveness and refusal to defend self (what UncleSam identified as 'WHY MEEE?' behaviour) is neither town or scum behaviour but simply the manifestation of pressured players in an experience differential. However, a town player in such a situation typically will redirect to their own scumreads and not appeal to the biases of the person attacking them. A scum player is happy for whomever to be lynched as long as it's not them (although I think whoever acidphoenix's partner is today is happy to lynch them if forced to)")

snipped so the quote isn't longer than my post (it's the one responding to mine, six posts above this)
well.... this... actually makes sense. >_>
yeah, I guess you'd have to get into acidphoenix's mind to actually figure it out - that is, whether or not he's playing riskily as a mafia or he is both busy and unwilling to post as town.

also definitely moreso in his latest post but acid is just posting long-ish posts that don't actually add a lot, so that's kind of fillery, but that again brings up the WIFOM-ish scenario I was talking about and agh

jumpluff
"the manifestation of pressured players in an experience differential"
Sorry, this just means when players are pressured by someone who has vastly more experience in a format or game over them, they behave pretty predictably as a genreal thing.

also definitely moreso in his latest post but acid is just posting long-ish posts that don't actually add a lot, so that's kind of fillery, but that again brings up the WIFOM-ish scenario I was talking about and agh
Why's this WIFOM? There's only two possible conclusions, acidphoenix is intentionally non-contributing after being told repeatedly how to contribute over the game span, or acidphoenix is unintentionally non-contributing and bad. I'm inclined towards the former for numerical reasons (there are still 4 mafia left in the game) and because everyone from PS! who's come in to chime in on acid seems to think he's decent at NOC mafias on PS!, which requires quick thinking, in which case those kinds of posts are inexcusable.

Personally this struck me as a scummy lynch. acidphoenix is probably the safest person to pick but considering there has been doubt expressed that this isn't just Haunted Diamond 2.0, I find it weird he picks this guy as his lynch.
This is a fair point. I'm willing to respond to it now because I don't think we'll get anything more out of UTO about acidphoenix that isn't the exact same thing pretty much everyone else thinks.

I am confident in my read on acidphoenix, but god knows as a town in NOC AND OC I've been proven wrong over and over again by my willingness to actually believe in humanity. I don't think that factors into U-turn Out's decision though, U-turn Out is just trying to not get lynched at the expense of everyone else because they're probably scum, in which case I doubt they know who the other scum are (unless their partner or Walrein somehow pegged it N1) and are simply riding on popular opinion with disregard to the outcome of the lynch. So I'm not sure we can infer acidphoenix is town from that more than we can infer acidphoenix is town from literally everyone being willing to lynch him (which is my only concern). I believe that acidphoenix's partner will bus them today if necessary and that is why we have no scumtells on acidphoenix's partner (acidphoenix posts nothing revealing, almost nobody has posted anything positive or helpful towards acidphoenix, left is only psychological speculation). I am not sure if U-turn Out is willing to resort to this though so I think it's likelier their partner is one of the people they didn't mention than acidphoenix. So that's about all I inferred from that.

Speaking of, I feel a bit more strongly today that UP is DLE's partner:

Step One: DLE makes the joke post about being inspector.
Step Two: UncleSam makes the too-serious post countering it.
Step Three: TIK makes a post accusing DLE and Sam of being mafia together and having pre-planned the exchange. TIK then attempts to lynch his Slam Dunk #1, UncleSam.
Step Four: Off the heels of TIK's lynch, DLE also votes UncleSam.
Step Five: The "bandwagoners" vote UncleSam as well, three newbies miraculously convinced he is scum by this brief exchange.
Step Six: TIK says "I like DLE" I think implying he sees DLE as town at this point.
Step Seven: TIK begins the "Gale is Slam Dunk Scum #2" campaign while DLE acts like the kind mentorly fellow to Gale.
Step Eight: DLE says his "top town" is TIK. No reason, but he gives a reason in another post: he's playing wanton and aggressive. Orders Gale to unvote him after TIK/Gale have been in a spat.
Step Nine: They continue to be town-reading buddies the rest of the game, well, until UP vanishes, that is.

Personally I think it was TIK who staged the response, not Sam. He makes a post that seems, at first, to be cluelesstown in thinking the mafia had a chance to discuss beforehand. Personally I think he knew they didn't, but also knew it would come off as a town move to have that uncertainty. After that, TIK and DLE never accuse the other of anything again that I can determine - UP sees him as a possible lynch target on Day One but Day Two he makes the shift to "DLE is town yeye" which would be after they had a chance to talk at night. Actually ButteredToast was one of the people TIK suspected of being mafia on Day One at one point and UP thought the BT kill was smart. Possible the UP/DLE scumteam performed it.
I think this scenario is interesting and am quoting it (citing Yeti) so people see it again. Reminder that UltrasPlot is now @rspp1.

I'm not actually sure how to read DLE's behaviour here in context of DLE. It is just so aggressively and unapologetically pro-TIK, but DLE is a pretty reckless player. And admittedly I'm biased because we all know what I think of TIK's mafia playstyle. But almost everything TIK posted was unsubstantiated (as is his way) and/or useless in the way only a person with absolute certainty can behave. And I have stated before that that bothers me. But less so than reading TIK there acting like he knew what he was going on, I just cannot understand DLE tunnelling on him like that so defensively at that point in the game when there were other players who were behaving a lot less bizarrely. You, for one.

I don't think the UncleSam lynch was serious though except maybe as sounding out the viability of getting rid of him later/muddying how people would read US's posts. And DLE pulled back from it when it hit 5 votes, which was a smart play either way you look at it but also seemed consistent with RVS intent.

the legendary iron kenyan himself said:
I mean yeah, I started the thing on UncleSam and i think hes scummy but I never actually thought it would get that close so soon, and it certainly wasnt something i wanted to do that fast.
I guess what I see there is more hyperattentiveness to TIK than anything else. Which does imply partnership, yes. But I don't know how to feel about TIK and UltrasPlot beyond what I've posted about them before (stunning under the radar play), except that I'd lynch DLE first for sure. When you (Yeti) started to move suspicion towards a TIK-UncleSam partnership, TIK literally disregarded it and continued to prod for activity (the most helpful of contributions, ofc). This is something people have found townie in TIK and scummy in Walrein/UTO and Cancerous, lol.

I think numerically this scenario is ok, it leaves 2/3 of acidphoenix/U-Turn Out/Celever as town which sounds reasonable to me. But I also think there is a possibility that DLE is the mafia and TIK is just TIK, so I'm ambivalent about it. Unless DLE advised UltrasPlot to continue to pursue UncleSam like a greyhound, I'm not sure why those two users behaved so damn similarly. What I'm suggesting is that we've seen this pattern with other newer players, DLE goes way easier on them (with the exception of U-Turn Out who was Walrein) and reads them as town for honesty, he went easy on Gale, he went easy on ButteredToast, he went easy on TIK, he lets a lot of them slide by unnoticed entirely, as I've pointed out there's the whole mysterious foresight that the Haunted Diamond lynch wasn't okay as he continued to support it, which TIK/UltrasPlot also exhibited and is my #1 point of suspicion against that player, that both of them were pushing for the lynch but oh Haunted Diamond is totes town and when they flip town I told you so and look at Sam and Celever and I told you so, etc.. If DLE wants a mislynch against an experienced player then it's sensible to try to act like the newbie/non-tryhard messiah.

To me the only way DLE can be town is if UncleSam is scum. I lean towards DLE being scum more than I do UncleSam being scum. I would, as stated and now reiterated, like Da Letter El to suggest to me an actually plausible scenario wherein he and I are both town. I'm in the bridge market rn.

I can't find anything about it in the thread or the convo, but my Role Pm convo officially states sunny has subbed for me. Just putting it out there
^That.

IF anyone feels like being helpful could they fill me in on what is happening atm/posts to direct my attention to.

It just saves all of our time because I can start actually contributing earlier instead of not being able to say anything because I'm sifting through ~27 pages of posts.

If not... I'll start from page 1.

Thanks!

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Sorry vacation and other stuff have come up. Will still be playing but expect massively reduced post count until Sunday night as I can only post from my phone.

sunny, Yeti gave a decent summary of the game from her perspective at the top of the page. I'd disagree with the "Cancerous had super town" portion as well as Yeti's assertion that pluff is probably town, as I feel Cancerous' posts didn't feel authentic and I feel a large portion of pluff's play, especially early, seemed to tunnel way too hard on me and admitted but brushed off Walrein/U-Turn suspicion. This later changed after being pointed out.

sunny004 and rssp1 when you get the chance to read through (or just search for Cancerous/pluff posts), where do you feel Cancerous/pluff lies on the town/mafia scale? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)