Landorus-T (Bulky Attacker)

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
actually written by SpaceBass bc he's a dear

[SET]
name: Bulky Attacker
move 1: Earthquake
move 2: Stone Edge
move 3: U-turn / Knock Off
move 4: Protect
ability: Intimidate
item: Sitrus Berry / Leftovers
evs: 248 HP / 52 Atk / 116 Def / 92 SpD
nature: Adamant

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Earthquake is the STAB move on this set, hitting threats like Heatran and Aegislash. Stone Edge is chosen over Rock Slide, as this set needs the extra power to always OHKO Mega Charizard Y and Talonflame. Also, its lower Speed will make the flinches caused by Rock Slide much less relevant. Rock Tomb is a much weaker alternative to Stone Edge, but it supports your team by lowering a foe's Speed. A slower U-turn is good for teammates that like to get a safe switch in, such as Azumarill and Shaymin-S. Knock Off is the preferred move, as it gives Landorus-T a way to get rid of foes' useful items such as Life Orbs and Safety Goggles, as well as a way to hit Aegislash through Wide Guard. Protect is useful, as most Landorus-T in Doubles OU use Choice Scarf, and so the turn you reveal Protect can sometimes be a surprise, although because the turn order is determined by Speed, this is often easily deduced immediately. Protect also allows Landorus-T to take advantage of Leftovers recovery.

Set Details
========

The EVs allow Landorus-T to take two -1 Double Edges from Adamant Mega Kangaskhan after Sitrus Berry recovery, Modest Hydreigon's Life Orb-boosted Draco Meteor, and +1 Adamant Life Orb Bisharp's Knock Off. The SpD EVs mean that assorted users of Hidden Power Ice aren't so much of a threat. Even offensive Thundurus, for example, fails to OHKO without a Life Orb. The rest of the EVs are put into attack with an Adamant nature for some offensive presence. Sitrus Berry is the preferred item, not so much because of its burst recovery, but because of its ability to bluff the more common Choice Scarf set in many scenarios. If this bluff is not important to your team, Sitrus Berry makes it more difficult for Landorus-T to repeatedly switch in and take advantage of Intimidate, and so in this case Leftovers is at least equally as good as, if not better than, Sitrus Berry.

Usage Tips
========

The great bulk of this set allows Landorus-T to take advantage of its Intimidate ability better than the Choice Scarf set, being able to switch in and out more and recover health with either Sitrus Berry or Leftovers. This allows Landorus-T to take hits it normally wouldn't be able to take, such as a Knock Off from +1 Adamant Life Orb Bisharp, and hit back with an Earthquake. Although it is not much of an offensive pivot, this bulky Landorus-T makes a good defensive pivot, able to scare Pokemon such as Heatran out and buy a free turn, or get some attacks off. Landorus-T's great typing and bulk allow it to take some big hits if the situation calls for it, and, if played right, can regain a fair bit of health using its Leftovers and Protect.

Team Options
========

Teams that require a Talonflame counter, but don't synergize well with Rotom-Wash, Suicune, or Thundurus, such as a sun team with Mega Charizard Y, can turn to this set. Bulky Landorus-T works great on semi-Trick Room with Cresselia; Landorus-T eliminates the Steel-types that trouble Calm Mind Cresselia, and it can Earthquake beside Cresselia safely. This set compliments powerful attackers that could use some extra bulk, such as Mega Kangaskhan and Azumarill, and Landorus-T's ability to survive throughout a battle aids them with repeated Intimidate drops. Any team that finds Choice Scarf Landorus-T close to a perfect fit but too frail will appreciate this set. Redirection from partners such as Amoonguss and Jirachi help Landorus-T get in and out safely more often and can allow it to Knock Off Rotom-Wash's Sitrus Berry without fearing a burn or Hydro Pump. Flying-types, such as Talonflame, that can KO Grass-types that resist Earthquake work very well in conjunction with Landorus-T.

Bulky Attacker
########
item: Leftovers / Sitrus Berry
evs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 132 Def / 80 SpD

Moves
========

- erfquake
- Stone Edge > Rock Slide because you're slower (making flinches irrelevant) and need the extra power to always KO Talon/Zard
- slow U-turn is really cool to get stuff like Azumarill and Skymin in, or just anything that likes being healthy
- Knock Off best move, makes it easier to handle support mons and Life Orb mons that can't OHKO
- Protect allows you to keep Landorus safe while also getting Leftovers recovery

Set Details
========

- EV spread takes two -1 Returns from Adamant Mega Kangaskhan with one turn of Leftovers recovery and one Life Orb Modest Hydreigon Draco Meteor
- - also takes 96% max from +1 Adamant LO Bisharp Knock Off
- - random HP Ice ain't shit no more, even Aegislash only has a 50% chance to KO
- - rest in Attack with an Adamant nature to increase power
- Sitrus works too for burst recovery, although it makes it more difficult to repeatedly switch in and proc Intimidate

Usage Tips
========

- take hits
- dish out hits after taking them
- works well as a pivot due to its bulk and Leftovers; switch in to proc Intimidate and threaten stuff like Heatran and maybe get off an attack or two before switching out
- because of Leftovers it can be exposed to some big hits in a pinch, as it can use its immunities and Intimidate to come back in and get some health back with Intimidate

Team Options
========

- any team that badly needs a Talonflame counter, but can't use Rotom-W/Suicune/Thundurus for other reasons, can use bulky Lando-T
- semi-TR appreciates its ability to bring in slow sweepers on the turn TR is set
- heavy hitters that could use a bulk increase welcome bulky Lando-T for its ability to stick around
- really just any team that wants its Lando-T to stay alive a bit longer

- appreciates redirection support from Amoonguss or Jirachi so it can continue to move in and out of play
- - this also lets it Knock Off Rotom-W, which is useful in a pinch
- Flying types or Levitate mons because duh

Last edited by a moderator:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
bulky lando-t loses to so many faster things which is a real letdown and should imo be mentioned on team options or something

id like to see substitute mentioned as a third slot option, lando behind a sub is actually super hard to force out and quite annoying, but this might border into "whole different set" territory so your call

is this really a solid talon counter? once leftovers is revealed youre vulnerable to wisp. Obviously if your team would like lando-t but needs bulk>speed then this is a great set but idk if id use it for *talon* in particular

SpaceBass

☆ALOLA VERA420: FUKK AMOONGUS AND UR MOM
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been playing with this set quite a lot recently, and 2 things I've noticed is that its power is very underwhelming at times, and I much preferred Sitrus Berry to Leftovers, what are other peoples opinions on which item is best?

Its great on semi trick room as you mentioned, and mega Abomasnow makes a great partner for it. It doesn't even mind taking an EQ from this spread if you can't protect / need to switch in, due to it not being entirely that powerful and snow resisting it.

There isn't much missing here really so once other people post their opinion on the item 1/3.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi Arcticblast this is a much easier analysis than Metagross is, so I'm really, really hoping you will actually finish this one.

I finally got around to building a team with this set on it, and I gotta say it actually works p decently. I used Leftovers, for the record. I see that SpaceBass already gave the 1/3... so I guess this is time for the

2/3

Please let me know if you actually intend on writing this and don't let it drag on and on.

SpaceBass

☆ALOLA VERA420: FUKK AMOONGUS AND UR MOM
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
One of the perks of extreme ADHD is you get random bursts of motivation for no reason.

Moves
========

Earthquake is the STAB move on this set, hitting threats like Heatran and Aegislash. Stone Edge is chosen on this set over Rock Slide, as it isn't as powerful as the Choice Scarf set, meaning you need the extra power to always OHKO Charizard-Y and Talonflame. Also its lower speed will make the flinches from Rock Slide irrelevant. A slower U-Turn is good for things that like to get a safe switch in, such as Azumarill or Shaymin-Sky. Knock Off is the preferred move, as it gives Landorus a way to get rid of things like Life Orbs and Safety Goggles, as well as a way to hit Aegislash through Wide Guard. Protect is useful as most Landorus are Choice Scarfed, and Protecting turn one can be a surprise, and it also allows you to take advantage of Leftovers recovery.

Set Details
========

The EVs allow you to take two -1 Returns from Adamant Mega Kangaskhan after Leftovers recovery, and a Life Orb Modest Hydreigon Draco Meteor, as well as taking 96% max from a +1 Adamant LO Bisharp Knock Off. The SpD EVs mean random Hidden Power Ices aren't so much of a threat, even Aegislash only has a 50% chance to OHKO. The rest of the EVs are put into attack with an Adamant nature for some offensive presence. Sitrus is an option for burst recovery, although it makes it more difficult to repeatedly switch in and take advantage of Intimidate.

Usage Tips
========

The great bulk of this set allows Landorus-T to take advantage of its Intimidate ability better than the Choice Scarf set, being able to switch in and out more, and recover using either Sitrus Berry or Leftovers. This allows you to take hits Landorus normally wouldn't be able to take, such as a +1 Adamant LO Bisharp Knock Off, and hit back with an Earthquake. Makes a good pivot, able to scare things like Heatran out and buy a free turn, or get some attacks off. Great typing and bulk allow it to take some big hits if the situation calls for it, and if played right can regain a fair bit of health using its Leftovers.

Team Options
========

Teams that require a Talonflame counter, but due to synergy reasons can't use Rotom-Wash, Suicune or Thundurus can turn to this set. Bulky Landorus-T works great on semi Trick Room, Cresselia being a great partner. Landorus eliminates the Steel-types that trouble Calm Mind Cresselia, and can Earthquake besides Cresselia safely. This set compliments powerful attackers that could use some extra bulk, such as Mega Kangaskhan or Azumarill, and Landorus' ability to survive throughout a battle aids them with repeated Intimidate drops. Any team where Choice Scarf Landorus-T is too frail will appreciate this set. Redirection from partners such as Amoonguss and Jirachi help Landorus get in and out safely more often, and can allow it to Knock Off Rotom-Wash's Sitrus Berry without fearing a burn or Hydro Pump. Flying-types that can KO Grass-types that resist Earthquake, such as Talonflame work very well.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've tried this set. I've found Sitrus Berry to be better than Leftovers due to the surprise element of not being Scarfed, which is lost when you reveal Leftovers recovery. I've won games because of surprising the opponent with Protect or changing my moves. This arguably works best against not so good opponents, as Lando-T's better bulk could potentially give it away. Either way I think it's worth mentioning this as a plus to Sitrus.

I've also used Rock Tomb successfully in place of Stone Edge. Sorta like a Rock Slide that only targets one opponent (and bypasses Wide Guard) but provides some speed support too (it's also slightly more powerful and accurate, where as Stone Edge is Stone Miss). Provides speed support, can drop something's speed, than U-turn to a predicted resisted attack. If you're worried about the chance to not OHKO Charizard, it at least ensures you move first to get the KO next turn unless Zard switches out, where as Rock Slide would doom you if you don't OHKO, and Stone Edge would doom you if you missed. This was inspired from Jeudy's Rock Tomb Salamence on his VGC14 World's runner up team. It deserves OO, thought it obviously should only be used on this set, not the Scarf.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I also support slashing Sitrus Berry > Leftovers. Being able to bluff a common set is game-breaking, and one of the reasons why things like EB Keldeo/Landorus/Genesect received so much heat back in BW2 OU days. This will certainly fall into a similar category.

Another perk of Sitrus Berry is that you need less defensive EVs to survive even more hits.

248 HP / 52 Atk / 116 Def / 92 SpD

With this spread Lando-T takes two -1 Mega K's DOULBE-EDGES and THREE -1 LO Talonflame's Brave Birds. Still survives +1 LO Knock Off from Bisharp, and surviving HP Ice from Aegislash isn't a coinflip any more.

-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 116 Def Landorus-T: 133-156 (34.9 - 40.9%) -- 4HKO with Sitrus
-1 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 116 Def Landorus-T: 202-238 (53 - 62.4%) -- 3HKO with Sitrus
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 92 SpD Landorus-T: 344-408 (90.2 - 107%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Weebl

Hey!
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
done
[SET]
evs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 132 Def / 80 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Earthquake is the STAB move on this set, hitting threats like Heatran and Aegislash. Stone Edge is chosen on this set over Rock Slide, as this set isn't as powerful as the Choice Scarf set, meaning you (no need for cross-set referencing here) needs the extra power to always OHKO Mega Charizard Y and Talonflame. Also, (AC) its lower Speed will make the flinches from caused by Rock Slide much less relevant. Rock Tomb is a much weaker alternative to Stone Edge, but it supports your team by lowering an opponent's speed a foe's Speed. A slower U-turn is good for things teammates that like to get a safe switch in, such as Azumarill or and Shaymin-S. Knock Off is the preferred move, as it gives Landorus-T a way to get rid of things like foes' useful items such as Life Orbs and Safety Goggles, as well as a way to hit Aegislash through Wide Guard. Protect is useful, (AC) as most Landorus-T in Doubles OU use are Choice Scarfed, and so the turn you reveal Protect can sometimes be a surprise, although because since the turn order is determined by Speed, this is often easily deduced immediately. Protect also allows you Landorus-T to take advantage of Leftovers recovery.

Set Details
========

The EVs allow you Landorus-T to take two -1 Returns from Adamant Mega Kangaskhan after Leftovers or Sitrus Berry recovery, and a Life Orb Modest Hydreigon's Life Orb-boosted Draco Meteor, as well as taking 96% max from a (the max roll isn't really necessary info here) and +1 Adamant Life Orb Bisharp's Knock Off. The SpD EVs mean that assorted users of Hidden Power Ice aren't so much of a threat. Even offensive Thundurus, (AC) for example, (AC) fails to OHKO without a Life Orb. The rest of the EVs are put into attack with an Adamant nature for some offensive presence. Sitrus Berry is the preferred option item, not so much because of its burst recovery, but because of its ability to bluff the more common Choice Scarf set in many scenarios. If this bluff is not important to your team, Sitrus Berry makes it more difficult for Landorus-T to repeatedly switch in and take advantage of Intimidate, and so in this case Leftovers is at least equally as good as, (AC) if not better than, (AC) Sitrus Berry.

Usage Tips
========

The great bulk of this set allows Landorus-T to take advantage of its Intimidate ability better than the Choice Scarf set, being able to switch in and out more, (RC) and recover health with using either Sitrus Berry or Leftovers. This allows you Landorus-T to take hits Landorus-T it normally wouldn't be able to take, such as a Knock Off from (just changing it up) +1 Adamant LO Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off, and hit back with an Earthquake. Although it is not so much of an offensive pivot like the Choice Scarf set, this bulky Landorus-T makes a good defensive pivot, able to scare things like Pokemon such as Heatran out and buy a free turn, or get some attacks off. Landorus-T's great typing and bulk allow it to take some big hits if the situation calls for it, and, (AC) if played right, (AC) it can regain a fair bit of health using its Leftovers and Protect.

Team Options
========

Teams that require a Talonflame counter, but due to synergy reasons (it could be for other reasons too, and, regardless, the reason isnt important here) can't use Rotom-Wash, Suicune, (AC) or Thundurus, (AC) can turn to this set. Bulky Landorus-T works great on semi-(add hyphen)Trick Room, (RC) with Cresselia; (ASC) being a great partner. Landorus-T eliminates the Steel-types that trouble Calm Mind Cresselia, and it can Earthquake beside Cresselia safely. This set compliments powerful attackers that could use some extra bulk, such as Mega Kangaskhan or and Azumarill, and Landorus-T's ability to survive throughout a battle aids them with repeated Intimidate drops. Any team that finds where Choice Scarf Landorus-T is close to a perfect fit, (RC) but too frail, (RC) will appreciate this set. Redirection from partners such as Amoonguss and Jirachi help Landorus-T get in and out safely more often, (RC) and can allow it to Knock Off Rotom-Wash's Sitrus Berry without fearing a burn or Hydro Pump. Flying-types, such as Talonflame, that can KO Grass-types that resist Earthquake work very well in conjunction with Landorus-T.
GP 1/2

Last edited:

Bughouse

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
implemented

Instead of taking out "due to synergy reasons" I slightly rewrote the part referenced by the last Green prose commentary to give a specific example rather than vague "synergy." But I do think its an important point to make about team synergy etc in the so-called team options section.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
if ur placing sitrus berry > leftovers, please consider the spread I posted earlier. Arcticblast's spread was a spread with leftovers in mind. You may have to tinker the descriptions a bit, but nothing major.

Thanks, Bughouse & Spacebass for picking up the slack

Bughouse

talked with Pocket, and since the difference is only 16 EVs it doesn't make sense to mention the two spreads separately, but his spread is the better functioning one with Sitrus so I'm subbing that in

rubsomebacononit

I was cringe and annoying when I was on smogon RIP
is a Contributor Alumnus
AM check!

Sorry if it looks like a lot, I just found a lot of mistakes, and I tried to make it flow better. I haven't done one of these for a while. There was also quite a bit of repeated information.

Shoutout to Misaka Mikoto for convincing me to do an AM check, and Queez if possible, please check this. Thanks you two!

edit: oops lol forgot to put key:
Removals
Additions
Capitalize
(Comments)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Earthquake is the STAB move on this set, hitting threats like such as Heatran and Aegislash. Stone Edge is chosen over Rock Slide, (RC) as this set needs the extra power to always OHKO Mega Charizard Y and Talonflame. Also, its lower Speed will make the flinches caused by Rock Slide much less relevant. Rock Tomb is a much weaker alternative to Stone Edge, but it supports your team by lowering that lowers a foe's Speed. A slower U-turn is good to provide momentum and allows a partner to get a safe switch in for teammates that like to get a safe switch in, such as Azumarill and Shaymin-S (This probably fits in better in the Team Options Section). Knock Off is the preferred move, as it gives Landorus-T a way to get rid of foes' a foe's (Knock Off only targets one Pokemon) useful items such as Life Orbs and Safety Goggles, as well as and a way to hits Aegislash through Wide Guard. Protect is useful, as most Landorus-T in Doubles OU use Choice Scarf, and so the turn you reveal Protect can sometimes be a surprise, although because the turn order is determined by Speed, this is often easily deduced immediately. (Filler) Protect also allows Landorus-T to bluff its Choice Scarf set and take advantage of Leftovers recovery.

Set Details
========

The given EVs in HP, Defense, and Special Defense allow Landorus-T to take two -1 Double Edges from Adamant Mega Kangaskhan after Sitrus Berry recovery, Modest Hydreigon's Life Orb-boosted Draco Meteor, and +1 Adamant Life Orb Bisharp's Life Orb-boosted Knock Off (Making it flow better). The SpD EVs mean that assorted users of Hidden Power Ice aren't so much of a threat. Even offensive Thundurus, (RC) for example, fails to OHKO without a Life Orb. The rest of the EVs are put into Attack along with an Adamant nature for some more offensive presence. Sitrus Berry is the preferred item, (RC) not so much because of its burst recovery, but because of its ability to bluff the more common Landorus-T's Choice Scarf set in many scenarios. If this bluff is not important to your team, Sitrus Berry makes it more difficult for Landorus-T to repeatedly switch in and take advantage of Intimidate, and so in this case ,(AC) but Leftovers is an alternative that allows Landorus-T to repeatedly switch in and take advantage of Intimidate is at least equally as good as, if not better than, Sitrus Berry.

Usage Tips
========

The great bulk of this set allows Landorus-T can to take advantage of its great bulk and typing combined with Intimidate ability better than the Choice Scarf set, (RC) being able in order to switch in and out more and recover health with either Sitrus Berry or Leftovers. (Remove Full Stop) This allows ,(AC) allowing Landorus-T to take hits it normally wouldn't be able to take, (RC) from Pokemon such as a Knock Off from +1 Adamant Life Orb Bisharp, (RC) and hit back with an Earthquake. Although it is not much of an offensive pivot, this bulky This makes Landorus-T makes a good defensive pivot, able allowing it to scare out Pokemon such as Heatran (I thought Heatran was a Special Attacker, and isn't affected by Intimidate? Replace this if it is wrong) out and buy a free turn, (RC) or get some attacks off. Landorus-T's great typing and bulk allow it to take some big hits if the situation calls for it, and, if played right, can also regain a fair bit of health using its with the combination of Leftovers and Protect.

Team Options
========

Teams that require a Talonflame counter, but don't synergize well with Rotom-Wash, Suicune, or Thundurus, such as a sun team with Mega Charizard Y, (RC) can turn to this set. Bulky Landorus-T works great on semi-Trick Room teams with Cresselia; Landorus-T safely eliminates the Steel-types that trouble Calm Mind Cresselia, (RC) and it can with Earthquake while Cresselia sweeps with Calm Mind beside Cresselia safely. This set compliments powerful attackers that could use some appreciate Intimidate support extra bulk, such as Mega Kangaskhan and Azumarill, and Landorus-T's ability to survive throughout a battle aids them with repeated Intimidate drops. Any team that finds Choice Scarf Landorus-T close to a perfect fit but too frail teams will appreciate this set (Filler). (Remove full stop) Redirection from partners such as Amoonguss and Jirachi help Landorus-T get in and out safely more often and can allow it to Knock Off remove Rotom-Wash's Sitrus Berry with Knock Off without fearing a burn or Hydro Pump. Flying-types, such as Talonflame, (RC) that are immune to Landorus-T's Earthquake and can KO Grass-types that resist Earthquake work very well in conjunction with for it Landorus-T.

edit: also plz no implement,

Last edited:

Malley

Dominachu
rubsomebacononit / Malley

Removals / Removals
Additions
/ Additions
Capitalize (bacon only)
(Comments) / Comments
Cancelled Changes (Malley only)

[SET]

evs: 248 HP 252 HP / 52 Atk / 116 Def / 92 SpD 252 HP EVs give Landorus better bulk, and do not limit its switch-ins or recovery. Up to you what to take the 4 EVs out of.

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Earthquake is the STAB move on this set Filler , hitting hits threats like such as Heatran and Aegislash super effectively and gives Landorus-T a strong STAB move. Stone Edge is chosen over Rock Slide, (RC) as this set needs the extra power This bit is not exactly filler - it is useful information for anyone wondering why Rock Slide is not used to always OHKO Mega Charizard Y and Talonflame. Also, its Landorus-T's lower Speed will make makes the flinches caused by Rock Slide much less relevant. This bit is also fine Rock Tomb is a much weaker alternative to Stone Edge, but it supports your team by lowering that lowers Fine a foe's Speed. A slower U-turn is good to provide momentum and allows a partner to get a safe switch in for teammates that like to get a safe switch in, such as Azumarill and Shaymin-S (This probably fits in better in the Team Options Section). Knock Off is the preferred move, as it gives Landorus-T a way to get rid of foes' a foe's (Knock Off only targets one Pokemon) useful items such as Life Orbs and Safety Goggles, as well as and a way to hits Aegislash through Wide Guard. Protect is useful, as most Landorus-T in Doubles OU use Choice Scarf, and so the turn you reveal Protect can sometimes be a surprise, although because the turn order is determined by Speed, this is often easily deduced immediately. (Filler) More unnecessarily long winded, but yeah - should still go Protect also allows Landorus-T to bluff its Choice Scarf set and surprise opponents expecting a Choice Scarf set, absorb hits aimed at it, and It doesn't bluff anything exactly; it takes advantage of the bluff. Also, you don't mention the main use of Protect in doubles here, which is to lure in hits and stuff to help its partner out. I've added that with the "absorb hits aimed at it", but feel free to rephrase that to something more accurate/precise and have me check it again take advantage of Leftovers recovery.

Set Details
========

The given EVs in HP, Defense, and Special Defense Unnecessary allow Landorus-T to take two -1 Double Edges from Adamant Mega Kangaskhan after Sitrus Berry recovery, Modest Hydreigon's Life Orb-boosted Draco Meteor, Modest Thundurus's Hidden Power Ice without Life Orb, If you want to include this somewhere, here is the place for it, rather than in the next (deleted) sentence and +1 Adamant Life Orb Bisharp's Life Orb-boosted Knock Off (Making it flow better) gj. The SpD EVs mean that assorted users of Hidden Power Ice aren't so much of a threat. Even offensive Thundurus, (RC) for example, fails to OHKO without a Life Orb. The rest of the EVs are put into Attack along with an Adamant nature for some more offensive presence. Sitrus Berry is the preferred item, (RC) not so much because of its burst recovery, but because of its ability to bluff the more common Landorus-T's Choice Scarf set in addition to giving recovery in many scenarios. If this bluff is not important to your team, Sitrus Berry makes it more difficult for Landorus-T to repeatedly switch in and take advantage of Intimidate, and so in this case ,(AC) but Leftovers is an alternative that allows Landorus-T to repeatedly switch in and take advantage of Intimidate is at least equally as good as, if not better than, Sitrus Berry.

Usage Tips
========

The great bulk of this set allows With this set Landorus-T can to take advantage of its great bulk, (AC) and typing, (AC) and ability, combined with access to recovery in Leftovers or Sitrus Berry, (AC) combined with Intimidate ability better than the Choice Scarf set, (RC) being able in order to switch in often and out more and recover health with either Sitrus Berry or Leftovers. (Remove Full Stop) This allows ,(AC) allowing Landorus-T to and take hits it normally wouldn't be able to take, (RC) from powerful Pokemon such as a Knock Off from +1 Adamant Life Orb Bisharp at +1 Attack and threaten back , (RC) and hit back with an Earthquake While I have kept this removal, that's because it was overly specific and at odds with the "such as" formation; saying that Landorus can threaten Pokemon back is not filler. Although it is not much of an offensive pivot, this bulky This makes Landorus-T makes a good defensive Confusing, given that Landorus has mixed defenses; it is also quite threatening offensively pivot, able allowing it This is fine to scare out Pokemon such as Heatran (I thought Heatran was a Special Attacker, and isn't affected by Intimidate? Replace this if it is wrong) Heatran looks fine to me - this set isn't only physically defensive out and buy a free turn, (RC) or get some attacks off. Landorus-T's great typing and bulk allow it to take some big hits if the situation calls for it, and, if played right, can also regain a fair bit of health using its with the combination of Leftovers and Protect.

Team Options
========

Teams that require a Talonflame counter, (RC) but don't synergize well with Rotom-Wash, Suicune, or Thundurus, such as a sun team with Mega Charizard Y, (RC) can turn to this set. Bulky Landorus-T works great very well "Great" is not an adverb on semi-Trick Room teams with Cresselia; Landorus-T safely Unnecessary eliminates the Steel-types that trouble Calm Mind Cresselia, (RC) and it can with use Earthquake while Cresselia sweeps with Calm Mind beside Cresselia safely This is fine - it explains why Landorus synergizes particularly well with Cresselia because of Cresselia's Levitate Just for clarity. This set compliments complements powerful attackers that could use some appreciate Intimidate support extra bulk, such as Mega Kangaskhan and Azumarill. , (Add period, remove comma) and Landorus-T's ability to survive throughout a battle aids them with repeated Intimidate drops. Any team that finds Choice Scarf Landorus-T close to a perfect fit but too frail teams ? will appreciate this set (Filler). (Remove full stop) Call them "periods" on this site - it's just easier Redirection from partners such as Amoonguss and Jirachi helps Landorus-T get in and out safely more often and can allows it to Knock Off remove Rotom-Wash's Sitrus Berry with Knock Off without fearing a burn or Hydro Pump. Flying-types, (RC) such as Talonflame, (RC) that are immune to Landorus-T's Earthquake and can KO Grass-types that resist Earthquake, (AC) work very well in conjunction with for it Landorus-T.

This is pretty horrible to read, with all the separate corrections etc., so I'll make a copy-and-paste when I'm back at my computer. In the meantime look through this, both Arcticblast Bughouse SpaceBass (Not sure who I'm talking to here) and rubsomebacononit.

Just to rubsomebacononit - it's a good check, and I'll stamp it, but don't write things off as filler if they provide even a little bit more information. Either tidy them up or leave them as they are - content takes priority over elegance.

GP 2/2

Note that I took the EVs off Attack to make up 252 HP, since it seemed to be where the remainder was put.

[SET]
evs: 252 HP / 48 Atk / 116 Def / 92 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Earthquake hits threats such as Heatran and Aegislash super effectively and gives Landorus-T a strong STAB move. Stone Edge is chosen over Rock Slide, as this set needs the extra power to always OHKO Mega Charizard Y and Talonflame. Also, Landorus-T's lower Speed makes the flinches caused by Rock Slide much less relevant. Rock Tomb is a much weaker alternative, but it supports your team by lowering a foe's Speed. U-turn is good to provide momentum and allow a partner to get a safe switch in. Knock Off gives Landorus-T a way to get rid of a foe's item and hit Aegislash through Wide Guard. Protect allows Landorus-T to surprise opponents expecting a Choice Scarf set, absorb hits aimed at it, and take advantage of Leftovers recovery.

Set Details
========

The given EVs allow Landorus-T to take two -1 Double Edges from Adamant Mega Kangaskhan after Sitrus Berry recovery, Modest Hydreigon's Life Orb-boosted Draco Meteor, Modest Thundurus's Hidden Power Ice without Life Orb, and +1 Adamant Bisharp's Life Orb-boosted Knock Off. The rest of the EVs are put into Attack alongside an Adamant nature for more offensive presence. Sitrus Berry is the preferred item to bluff Landorus-T's Choice Scarf set in addition to giving recovery, but Leftovers is an alternative that allows Landorus-T to repeatedly switch in and take advantage of Intimidate.

Usage Tips
========

With this set Landorus-T can take advantage of its great bulk, typing, and ability, combined with access to recovery in Leftovers or Sitrus Berry, to switch in often and take hits from powerful Pokemon such as Bisharp at +1 Attack and threaten back. This makes Landorus-T a good pivot, able to scare out Pokemon such as Heatran and buy a free turn. Landorus-T can also regain a fair bit of health with the combination of Leftovers and Protect.

Team Options
========

Teams that require a Talonflame counter but don't synergize well with Rotom-W, Suicune, or Thundurus can turn to this set. Bulky Landorus-T works very well on semi-Trick Room teams with Cresselia; Landorus-T eliminates the Steel-types that trouble Calm Mind Cresselia, and it can use Earthquake beside Cresselia safely because of Cresselia's Levitate. This set complements powerful attackers that appreciate Intimidate support, such as Mega Kangaskhan and Azumarill. Redirection from partners such as Amoonguss and Jirachi helps Landorus-T get in and out safely and allows it to remove Rotom-W's Sitrus Berry with Knock Off without fearing a burn or Hydro Pump. Flying-types such as Talonflame, that are immune to Landorus-T's Earthquake and can KO Grass-types that resist Earthquake, work very well in conjunction with Landorus-T.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)