Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Week 69 - GAME OVER

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
After doing the count, qsns takes the week by a good margin! He'll have his team on the HoF thread, his vote doubled, and yeah.

Another week, another Pokemon that's just as relatively obscure as the last so you guys actually build teams! Enter Mega Abomasnow

Mega Abomasnow, bringer of ice and hail. It's a freaking yeti; what's not to love about that? If you have a problem with being frozen, you just have to let it go~

Deadline is on Saturday, noon GMT

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
edit: sprites becuz I'm proud of this team

:pig: (Abomasnow) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Protect

POKEGOD RACHEE (Jirachi) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Trick Room
- Protect

:piig: (Keldeo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Quick Guard
- Protect

:piiig: (Rotom-Heat) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

MEGABUS (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 20 SpD
Brave Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Protect
- Aqua Jet

:piiiig: (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off
Hands down the best semi TR team I've ever built, and also better than all of Stratos' semi TR teams combined. This team was built by me way way back in week 2 of SPL, which I then used to beat TFC. This team is undoubtedly my most timeless, all of my other greatest works (ablast's spl 1 death and that-team-I-built-with-Lohgock-that-didn't-lose-in-dubs-open-until-TFC-crit-me-last-turn) being swept out of viability by metagame trends or new Pokemon. This team has been viable since early January and still is. I've considered RMTing this many times, and will probably do if it stays viable in the future :)

The main core in focus is Azu / Abomasnow / Jirachi, and it's been taking souls since birth. I had this idea of Mega Abomasnow + Azu in Trick Room, since Azumarill can set up on at least 95% of things that switch into blizzards from aboma (tran, volc, steel-types, water-types). Jirachi was the perfect setter, since it's not really that expected, and also can help Azumarill set up a BD if the TR plan doesn't work out. It does an insanely consistent job with carrying the entire team on it's back with the help of just one WoW user and one Intimidate. Azumarill and Aboma are the main stars of the show. Based on the matchup to your opponent's team, you should decide which path to take a few turns before you bring them in together. Once they're in together, you can either keep attacking with both (even without BD you can almost always OHKO one or both mons on the field), or if their entire team is weak to azu, just Blizzard while belly drumming, even if it costs you Aboma. There are so few things that stay in on Aboma that can do over 50% dmg to Azumarill, and whatever switches in will likely therefore be free setup turns for Azumarill. Only problems i can think of immediately (and these are assuming that they're already in) are full HP Rotom-W, full HP Ferrothorn, or full hp Life Orb Escav (which isn't really used anymore lets be honest).

Rotom-H is the gluey glue of the team. Burns are insanely helpful against Kangaskhan or if u want to create free turns on weaker physical attackers. Overheat is nice because it can nuke something if you are in TR; another useful thing about this mon being that minspeed can underspeed a shitload of regular threats in TR. Volt Switch is so damn underrated on Rotoms in semi Trick Room. Slow Volt Switch + TR lets you bring in one of your nukes freely, and Volt Switch on the last turn of TR (where they likely will have their slowest mons in) lets you bring in one of your fast mons.

Lando-T and Keld are the oh-shit-TR-is-gone-and-now-I-need-damage core. Keld has those nice wallbreaking abilities, also a secondary fire / water check, since a mon that purposefully takes away half of its HP isn't a v consistent defensive check to anything at all. Lando is crucial for Intimidate and Rock Slide flinches. Both are great Pokemon to send in if you've taken the route of sacrificing Aboma for a belly drum and TR has worn out.

Last edited:

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

So we start with the big ice man himself, ofc, and I decide to go with full room, so I'll need a setter...

So Abomasnow is weak to literally everything, and the only shared weakness between Diancie and Abomasnow is steel, so we'll have to consider that later (but I'll probably forget or say fuck it). Weakness policy Diancie is strong AF and a cool setter.

Here I add Scrafty for the fake out support, and it's also a pretty bulky mon that can hit pretty hard with knock off. I'll probably always lead Scrafty since it either forces protect or makes a mon flinch and it pretty much means I always get up TR barring a Mega Kang lead.

Here I do something kind of cool, I add Gothitelle as my second setter, but instead of Shadow Tag I have competitive because you can catch Lando's and because there's no real need for s tag on this team. The goth is EV'd to live a modest hydrei dark pulse with the rest in physical defense.

I think I use Azumarill a lot in these competitions but it's one of my favorite mons to use, it's just flat out good. Sometimes instead of going for TR you can do a Helping Hand Aqua Jet combo with Goth and Azu that your opponent will just not expect that can net you a crucial KO.

IT'S GOODRA TIME

I can finally use modest Goodra! I basically gave it draco, 2 coverage moves, packed in a little HP and a lot of Def, maxed it's special attack, and boom! Goodra time!

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Protect

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 192 HP / 108 Atk / 208 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Scrafty @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Protect

Gothitelle @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Psyshock
- Helping Hand
- Trick Room
- Protect

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Goodra @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

hail satan
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/hail-satan.3530986/

my current version has darkrai > azumarill, different aegis set, and minus the obnoxious nicks. darkrai has taunt to stop wide guard users and is a more reliable aegislash check
the team is centered around abomasnow and greninja, which are two very powerful blizzard spammers. what abomasnow brings to the table other than snow warning is being a reliable check to rotom-w. greninja kills any fire-types like rotom-h that stands in the team's way. kyube is the happy medium between the slow abomasnow and the fast and frail greninja, being able to take hits and have enough speed to outspeed what it needs to. darkrai is another cool blizzard spammer but is mainly here for the purpose of checking aegislash and taunting wide guard users. talonflame is there to kill fighting types and aegislash helps check tr and heat wave while also adding useful resists.

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 SpD
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Protect

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Blizzard
- Taunt
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard

Last edited:
Teambuilding competition? I might have a go since it's Megasnow :]

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Protect

Victini @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Protect

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Follow Me
- Baton Pass
- Protect

Hoopa-Unbound @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magician
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hyperspace Hole
- Hyperspace Fury
- Ally Switch
- Protect

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Cresselia (F) @ Weakness Policy
Quiet Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 1 Spe
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Trick Room

First thing I added was Megasnow because why would I not.

Next I added Victini. Why? Well because when I was typing the item in on Abomasnow I typed "Snow" thinking it was called Abomasnowite and not Abomasite, and the Snowball came up, so I wanted to try that. +1 V-create hits hella hard, but I ended up replacing with LO, Snowball wasn't at all guaranteed and wasn't as strong in play as it was on paper.

Then I added Togekiss to redirect things away from Victini while it sets Trick Room. I didn't know what to put in place of Tailwind but then Baton Pass caught my eye, and I had the idea of BPing in Hoopa-U or something that I might want in against my opponent's Pokemon so I added that as well as Hoopa-U.

Then of course I had to add Azumarill because after watching Fangame10 use a lot of Trick Room, I realized that the best way for a full room team to work out of Trick Room was with a bunny.

Last but not least I needed another Trick Room setter and CM Cresselia was my first choice, but I still got walled the hell out of Aegislash, so I customized the Bulky Offensive set to have Weakness Policy over Expert Belt and Shadow Ball over Ice Beam to beat Aegislash. It's not a sure check but it's the best thing I could put on against it, if a team doesn't have Aegislash I'm okay but if they do I have that and Hoopa-U to "beat" it.

You basically just lead Pokemon+Victini and set up Trick Room the best way possible. Then you get in Abomasnow right next to Victini and just V-create spam, no matter how much damage Victini takes, and Blizzard spam with Mega Abomasnow. Then you find a safe way to get Cresselia to set Trick Room late game, and either have Hoopa-U clean up while nothing can use Protect against it in Trick Room or have Azumarill set up Belly Drum under Trick Room and finish off under whatever circumstances there may be.
Biggest Threats
Aegislash - I have to ensure that it doesn't King's Shield at the wrong time against Victini, and if it happens to do so/Victini dies I have Hoopa-U and Cresselia to deal with them.
Bunnies - They're the most evil thing in the world but sadly not against this team (unless Trick Room never goes up @_@)
Heatran - I have a lot of things that get walled hard by Heatran. Azumarill and HP Ground Cress are my best options.
Kangaskhan - This thing gives my AIDS cancer. It's an almost full stop to my team, all I have is Togekiss+Azumarill as a possible lead (maybe Togekiss+Abomasnow if it works okay enough against that team).
Skymin - There are a few things I can do against Skymin. First, I can type '/forfeit'. Second, I could press x. Third, I could leave my computer and let them win off of timer. Fourth and finally, I can lead Togekiss+Victini and set up Trick Room, then if they Protect/switch the next turn I can Baton Pass and pivot off to what I need. Lots of options against Skymin.
Thundurus - Same thing as Skymin pretty much. So much I can do against it tbh.
Lando-T - This one is a bit difficult to face off against unless I can successfully get up Trick Room, which is bad because it's literally everywhere. I have to lead Cresselia instead of Victini because Victini just takes an EQ to the face so that's not good enough at all. The rest of the game should play out "normally" though.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
ill only consider rmts if you guys actually take the effort into putting in a condensed description because im sure as hell not doing THAT work for you.

though as much as possible, let's build new teams guys! While this is a contest to flaunt our e-peen, let's also get some self-development here

iactuallydontsuck (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Abomasite
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Protect

greninja (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Substitute

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Follow Me
- Protect
- Iron Head
- Trick Room

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 124 SpA / 120 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

So I have been asked once by a friend to build a Mega Abomasnow team for them, which is how this team was made, so I hope you like it TSB

-Abomasnow Mega is the pokemon of the week, so We had to include it. Nothing special about this one, just the spatk set with - speed for trick room purposes, ice shard for prio and plain ol protect, dual stab are blizzard spam and giga.
-My next spot was going to be a bizzard abuser to back up abomasnow and make more use of hail, between greninja and kyurem-black, I opted for the latter since being trick room requires less speed. This would be the sub set, but max hp since i shouldnt need the extra speed. blizzard>ice beam
-My next option was patching up defenses, which is why jirachi fit well. It takes almost all of abomasnow's weaknesses as resists and thus follow me is great to switche in safely and to defend abomasnow from most things except mainly fire. I also chose the last move as tr as its less expected and provides me with a tr setter.
-Heatran is good offensivly and defensivly for this team as it switches into heatwaves, and covers many threats abomasnow cant hit like heatrans, aegislashes, steel and fire types. Its min speed since this is full trick room, and the odd sub shuca set is there. It seems bad on paper, but practically it has helped me a lot. bulky heatran
- My second tr setter and a reliable switch in. cresselia is meant to play many roles in this team and can support it in different situations. relying a lot on spread moves, helping hand nails those kos with boosted power, sets tr, and can even cm psyshock to become a threat of its own, or distract the foe from your other threats. max physical bulk and a sitrus berry makes it live long and do it's jobs reliably
-R-W competed a F/W/G core and patched up any heatran/talon weaknesses i had left. It switches in to many threats, landorus as well, slow R-W is quite special bulky to help live charizard's hits and cripple physical threats with will-o. rest is standard

I hope you enjoyed it !

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
Oh Wow I just made a mega aboma team and then now I open this thread and look mega abomasnow
(brought to you in Times New Roman, aka the best font ever)
Also first time posting in this thread/explaining my team-building thought process so pardon any rambling/misformatting/shitty writing/shitty teams

ABOMAKING

Secretly Muslim (Abomasnow) @ Abomasite
Quiet Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Protect

Manly Purple (Nidoking) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Blizzard
- Protect

Roseli Berry (Scrafty) @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out

Shitty Setter (Jellicent) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room
- Protect

\o\ (Heatran) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave
- Protect

/o/ (Reuniclus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
Quiet Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Step one: stare at these gifs for 30 minutes: http://imgur.com/gallery/6RsCk
Step two: teambuild
Ok so someone wanted to teambuild around abomasnow+nidoking since nidoking gets blizzard and aboma sets hail.

Looking at the speed tiers of both, looks like we need a trick room team.

Added scrafty because fake out and coverage on steels/rock types.

Added Reuniclus because overcoat immunity and ability to destroy taunt keld.

Added Jelly because burns and being able to tank dark hits and throw a burn out.

And then heatran because eruptran is a god and for typing diversity /o/

Abomasnow- Wood Hammer to ohko Washtom and also because giga does shit for damage

Nidoking-Dual STAB and then Blizzard, pretty standard

Scrafty- life orb because you need D A M A G E and also hjk to ohko kang/ferro, also I have a replay of hjk scrafty winning me a ssnl game so therefore it's a good set y/y? Also you don't need ice punch because you already have two mons with ice coverage, and ice punch only does more than knock off in cases of 4x effectiveness, otherwise you should just knock off.

Reuniclus- offensive set because you need to be able to capatalize on trick room and dish out damage after it's set, focus blast covers kang and also heatran, and dark types

Jelly- wow, pump because you don't need scald burn hax, pretty standard. Colbur berry because I already have 3 really strong spore immunites and sitrus feels worthless since you've not getting hit by kang (you can't mid-kang-hit recover). Also because jelly keeps tanking dark hits turn 1 and this helps you mitigate those without relying on scrafty. Provides typing diversity and switchins on abomasnow

Heatran- Eruptran set which is godly on trick room, makes you stop doing peunut damage everytime you click heat wave, also goggles>shuca because screw amoonguss, and to prevent hail chip dmg which can destroy your eruption damage. (makes you do 6% less every single time, that's relevant)

high jump kick scrafty is still aids. also, roseli berry wont stop it from getting ko'd by a hyper voice. it might take a moonblast from full, but i kinda doubt that

edit:

...the nickname is roseli berry.

A.) fuck right off, check
B.) hjk is still trash

Last edited:

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
high jump kick scrafty is still aids. also, roseli berry wont stop it from getting ko'd by a hyper voice. it might take a moonblast from full, but i kinda doubt that

edit:

...the nickname is roseli berry.

A.) fuck right off, check
B.) hjk is still trash
tfw nickname set bluff bluffs so hard people reading the importable still think it's the set bluff

Idyll

xD
RBTT Champion
i forgot to update this 2 hours ago, i guess dinner was that great. oops!

The deadline has passed! It's time to vote for the team of the week! Pick your vote among the following; To vote, just post in name of the user who created the team you voted for.

Laga
n10sit
xzern
It Is Guest
Silverwhiteblue
Checkmater75

Deadline is on Monday, noon GMT

note: voting for yourself is not ok. also no sprites in your description pls it takes ages to c/p ;_;

Stratos

Banned deucer.
laga's team has absolutely no answer to a decently played sun team

but i still think it's the best one here, although i wish i actually followed this thread because i have a hail team lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)