MonsJustMons

I mentioned HP back up there but I guess nobody saw it.

@urdakonis I'll battle you if send me a custom game challenge within the next 15 minutes (my username is Emerald Master, you can find me in the cafe le wow chatroom), keep IVs at 31 and set the abilities to illuminate
A bit late lol. I'll PM you another time if you're still interested in battling.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
So I am unsure how to deal with the HPs, is I could just getting rid of them..... That, or you can all use hp fighting, and roll with that.
The other option is to bring back IVs, which could could change nothing major, but bring bacvk IVs...... I believe that they should be brought back to deal with this problem.

Second point, I plan on starting a tour tonight at a later time to test out this meta, and see what you all think about it. If the room would so let me.

ALSO MY 100TH POST, HERE'S A THANK YOU TO PEOPLE

No

So I am unsure how to deal with the HPs, is I could just getting rid of them..... That, or you can all use hp fighting, and roll with that.
The other option is to bring back IVs, which could could change nothing major, but bring bacvk IVs...... I believe that they should be brought back to deal with this problem.

Second point, I plan on starting a tour tonight at a later time to test out this meta, and see what you all think about it. If the room would so let me.

ALSO MY 100TH POST, HERE'S A THANK YOU TO PEOPLE

No
how about force 0/31 speed IV's?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
The problem isn't the IVs. it's forcing IVs, to neutralize Hidden Power. It may just be a better decision to let IVs do their thing...
An alt option is to force 0 or 1 IVs, because Hidden Powers are determined by if an IV's odd/even. Besides 1 stat point isn't that much anyway. Either that or change how Hidden Power works such that it isn't dependent on IVs but that would be complex.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Either that or change how Hidden Power works such that it isn't dependent on IVs but that would be complex.
This is so much easier to do. Just have it so the IVs stay at 0, yet the HPs can be changed to whatever... it may take a little extra coding, yet I believe it can be done. Anyone else have an idea for how to go from here?

This is so much easier to do. Just have it so the IVs stay at 0, yet the HPs can be changed to whatever... it may take a little extra coding, yet I believe it can be done. Anyone else have an idea for how to go from here?
I'd suggest making a move for each HP type other than fighting

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
I'd suggest making a move for each HP type other than fighting
That is what is happening. You will be able to choose whatever HP move. Whether it'd be fighting, or Ice, yet your IVs don't matter. They stay at 0. It can be coded as such, and that's the easiest way to fix this little problem.

That is what is happening. You will be able to choose whatever HP move. Whether it'd be fighting, or Ice, yet your IVs don't matter. They stay at 0. It can be coded as such, and that's the easiest way to fix this little problem.
like in showdown when you pick hidden power [insert type here]?

Congrats for Leader's Choice of the month. Btw considering you can't hold any item, does this mean that Acrobatics will always have 110 base power?
If that's true, Archeops becomes just amazing. It has great flying stab, Stone Edge, and Earthquake. The only thing it really needs to fear is Priority. It's still INCREDIBLY weak to priority.

EV

Banned deucer.
Congrats for Leader's Choice of the month. Btw considering you can't hold any item, does this mean that Acrobatics will always have 110 base power?
Yes. Also goodbye Knock Off!

I was drawn to this metagame because it's a lot like taking the current generation and sending it back to Gen 1 without all the wonky mechanics and physical/special split, among other changes. Team building comes down to the Mons, nothing fancy, pure and simple.

I expect Talonflame to still be viable here, because as Chopin has noted Acrobatics deals 110 damage, and while it misses out on the power delivered by a Choice Band, its targets will be weaker without any HP and/or Defense investment. Sure, Talonflame won't be able to invest in Attack either, but nabbing a Swords Dance shouldn't be too hard when you come in on a Flying-weak target. Its high Speed stat and the lack of enemy Choice Scarfs should relieve the effects of losing Gale Wings as well.

Overall I see stall taking a harder hit than offense with the loss of Leftovers, Eviolite, and most importantly the inability to invest in defensive EVs. Before, a defensive Pokemon had the benefit of stacking HP with either Defense or Special Defense (or both), whereas offensive Pokemon can only increase their power via one investment. In essence, this waters down walls more than it does the Pokemon they used to check. To add insult to injury, walls aren't hitting back any harder now because offensive Pokemon tended to invest in Speed + an attack stat, so the lack of EV investment in that scenario is the same.

With Levitating nonsense out the window, plan on seeing more Ground+coverage Pokemon. Garchomp has solid natural bulk, an okay Speed, and a high Attack. Will it continue a hazard lead role or might it shift toward Swords Dance? What about fellow Dragon Salamence? Intimidate is gone, but with the threat of Choice Scarf Latios gone as well, if it grabs a Dragon Dance it can rest assured nothing will be able to revenge it until Mamoswine comes packing Ice Shard (another Ground+coverage user.)

Hoopa-Unbound
- Focus Blast
- Hyperspace Fury
- Psychic
- Gunk Shot

Kyurem-Black
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

RIP stall

Set-up sweepers got a huge buff, as choice items are no more.
Stall is (almost) dead.
U-Turn got a huge buff without worrying about contact damage.
Bye Ferrothorn, Sableye, Serperior, Lopunny, and so many other pokemon.
Lord Hawlucha Archeops
I love this meta already, but i am sad it's all offense

Last edited:
If you have legality issues, such as abilities or event natures, just set it in the Teambuilder to pass the legality checks. It is removed when the battle starts.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Initially, I was told to allow archeops to be allowed in the metagame, due to people want to see what it would be like in the metagame, not even a day into the meta, I have heard accounts of archeops being annoying, broken, and a problem to teams in general.

Archeops, the 140 attack, 110 speed beast. Is it Over-centralizing? Or is it just good enough to be considered top tier, but not broken.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm using Archeops and wow, it pretty much can't be walled

0 Atk Archeops Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Suicune: 144-171 (46.4 - 55.1%)
0 Atk Archeops Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Skarmory: 162-192 (67.5 - 80%)
0 Atk Archeops Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Registeel: 136-160 (50.3 - 59.2%)

Steelix and Regirock are the only Pokemon that can avoid being 2HKOed by its physical moves. But it does get Earth Power.

0 SpA Archeops Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Steelix: 220-260 (84.6 - 100%)
0 SpA Archeops Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Regirock: 146-172 (54 - 63.7%)

Also it gets Taunt to prevent set-up/recovery.

It can only really be defeated by revenge killing with a faster mon.

I believe that Shaymin-Sky should be banned. It is was an Uber originally and is still good even without Serene Grace. It has a blazing fast 127 Speed and still has a 30% Flinch Move as STAB and Seed Flare which is powerful as well. It should have never been unbanned in the first place. Literally everyone is forced to run Weavile to defeat this pokemon.
I believe the best Pokemon in the Tier will be the speedy pokemon and having a Speedy "Uber" is not helping the tier at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)