Diancie

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan

Diancie
QC: 3/3 [sparktrain, cbrevan, sparktrain]
GP: 3/3 [The Dutch Plumberjack, Snobalt]
[OVERVIEW]

Diancie has one of the best offensive typings in the CAP metagame and is commonly seen taking advantage of its high offensive stats, gaining a boost of 60 to both its base Attack and Special Attack when it Mega Evolves. This makes Mega Diancie capable of running a mixed set rather than a fully physical or special one. In addition to its amazing typing and offensive stats, it has an outstanding movepool, with amazing STAB moves such as Diamond Storm and Moonblast and Earth Power to hit Steel-types. Furthermore, Mega Diancie also has some excellent setup moves, most notably Rock Polish, which allows it to outspeed common weather sweepers after a single use.

One of Mega Diancie's main drawbacks is its terrible HP stat. While Diancie does have incredible Defense and Special Defense, its HP, in a way, negates those stats. In addition, it has an awful base 50 Speed before Mega Evolving. Furthermore, its typing is pretty mediocre defensively, with a quadruple weakness to Steel as well as weaknesses to Water, Ground, and Grass, limiting the number of Pokemon that Diancie can actually switch into and making it more susceptible to common priority moves such as Aqua Jet and Bullet Punch.

[SET]
name: All-Out Attacker
move 1: Moonblast
move 2: Earth Power / Hidden Power Fire
move 3: Diamond Storm
move 4: Protect / Hidden Power Fire
item: Diancite
ability: Clear Body
nature: Naive
evs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Moonblast is arguably Mega Diancie's best STAB move because Fairy is such a fantastic type in the CAP metagame. Earth Power and Moonblast form an extraordinary pair of moves, as they cover so much of the tier. Moonblast is used to take down Dragon-, Fighting-, and Dark-type Pokemon such as Cyclohm, Hoopa-U, and Tomohawk, and Earth Power hits all the types that resist Fairy for super effective damage. Some Steel- and Poison-type Pokemon that Earth Power KOes are Heatran, Mollux, and Plasmanta. Diamond Storm picks up KOs against Flying-type Pokemon such as Mega Pinsir, Mega Pidgeot, and Talonflame. It also hurts Fire-types such as Mollux, Pyroak, and Volkraken. Finally, Protect is run to safely Mega Evolve and obtain the resulting Speed boost. It's also used to scout what move opposing Choice item users ultimately lock themselves into. On the other hand, because of how predictable Protect is, Hidden Power Fire can be run instead, making this set a more deadly all-out attacker. Hidden Power Fire can also be used over Earth Power, though, Mega Diancie needs both of its STAB moves to fill its niche. Mega Diancie lures bulky Steel-types in such as Ferrothorn and Scizor, which it can 2HKO with Hidden Power Fire on the switch. Because its STAB moves are necessary, Hidden Power Fire could be used over Earth Power or Protect. However, losing that one Speed IV will cause Mega Diancie to lose out in with other base 110 Speed Pokemon.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack EVs increase Mega Diancie's damage output. Mega Diancie should run maximum Speed EVs and a Speed-boosting nature to outspeed base 108 Speed Pokemon such as Keldeo and Terrakion. A Naive nature is preferred over Hasty to prevent Mega Diancie from taking more damage from physical attacks, especially priority moves such as Talonflame's Brave Bird, Breloom's Mach Punch, and Colossoil's Sucker Punch.

Usage Tips
========
If running Protect over Hidden Power Fire, it's usually recommended to lead with Diancie to obtain Magic Bounce and the Speed boost. Protect should be used to let Diancie Mega Evolve safely, allowing it to attack next turn with its higher Speed stat. However, it might also let the foe to setup for free, so try to judge if the opponent's Pokemon has any setup moves. If Mega Diancie has Hidden Power Fire over Protect, Mega Evolve against a foe that it has a good matchup against, such as Cyclohm, Talonflame, or Mega Sableye. Furthermore, try to predict the Steel-types that normally check Mega Diancie and kill them with Hidden Power Fire. In addition, because Mega Diancie is very frail, don't switch it into any Pokemon that might be able to hit it with a super effective move. Only switch Mega Diancie in on a favorable matchup. Some Pokemon that Mega Diancie can switch into safely are Talonflame, Mew, and Sableye.

Team Options:
========
Garchomp is a great teammate for Mega Diancie, taking on its checks such as Scizor and Ferrothorn comfortably. Mega Diancie can't hit Steel-types like Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn for an ample amount of damage without Hidden Power Fire, so Magnezone is the perfect partner, as it can use its Magnet Pull ability to trap several Steel-types and harm them with Hidden Power Fire. However, while Magnezone can trap Steel-type Pokemon for Mega Diancie, Shed Shell is often used on Steel-Types such as Skarmory and Ferrothorn to prevent them from being trapped by Magnet Pull. Colossoil, being able to lure those Pokemon in, can remove their Shed Shells with Knock Off and also baits in bulky Steel-types to bring in Magnezone with U-turn. Colossoil also U-turns on the predicted Tomohawk switch so Mega Diancie will get a good matchup and be able to heavily damage a foe.
Another potential core is Mega Diancie + Talonflame. The threats that Mega Diancie has trouble with are primarily Steel-types, which are taken care of by Swords Dance Talonflame. Furthermore, Mega Diancie can take care of Talonflame's checks, such as Cyclohm and defensive Garchomp. Gothitelle also pairs well with Mega Diancie, seeing how it has trouble with the threats Gothitelle usually traps, such as Chansey, Mega Venusaur, and Amoonguss. Gothitelle can cripple Chansey by Tricking its Choice item and 2HKOes any variants of Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss with Psychic. Steel-type checks such as Cyclohm, Mollux, Heatran, and Volkraken are also great Mega Diancie partners.

[SET]
name: Rock Polish
move 1: Rock Polish
move 2: Moonblast
move 3: Earth Power
move 4: Diamond Storm
item: Diancite
ability: Clear Body
nature: Rash
evs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe

Moves
========
Rock Polish doubles Mega Diancie's Speed stat, allowing it to outspeed the majority of the metagame, including weather sweepers such as Mega Swampert, Kingdra, Tornadus-T, and Excadrill. Moonblast is Mega Diancie's most optimal STAB move, allowing it to KO Dragon-, Dark-, and Fighting-types such as Mega Altaria, Cyclohm, Sableye, Keldeo, and Tomohawk. Earth Power is used to hit Steel- and Poison-type Pokemon that resist Moonblast, such as Heatran, Mollux, and Plasmanta.
Diamond Storm OHKOes common threats such as Talonflame, Mollux, Mega Pinsir, Syclant, and both Mega Charizard Evolutions. It also 2HKOes Pyroak as well as Aurumoth. Hidden Power Fire can also be run on Mega Diancie to get past Ferrothorn and lure in Scizor. However, running this over Earth Power will give up some power on against Metagross.

Set Details
========
Maximum Special Attack investment with a Rash Nature maximizes Mega Diancie's special damage output. 192 Speed EVs are specifically to outspeed Jolly Sand Rush Excadrill, the fastest weather sweeper in the game, and Mega Diancie almost always will OHKO it with an Earth Power. There are 64 Speed EVs left, which should be put into HP because Mega Diancie doesn't necessarily need Attack investment to OHKO Fire- and Flying-types with Diamond Storm. Finally, it is not recommended to run a Speed-boosting nature due to Rock Polish boosting Mega Diancie's Speed to the necessary levels.

Usage Tips
========
It is not recommended set up Rock Polish right away due to the prevalence of Bullet Punch users and common Pokemon that wall Mega Diancie indefinitely. Early-game, Mega Diancie can soften up walls such as Ferrothorn, Pyroak, and Tomohawk, but it's certainly not an early-game sweeper. Wait until all of Mega Diancie's checks and counters are gone or weakened, and then use Rock Polish to clean up late-game. When playing offensive teams that have no priority and rely on speed to beat Mega Diancie, Rock Polish can be used to end them. Pick the right Pokemon to set up on with Mega Diancie, such as Revanankh, Mew, or Sableye. Try to find a way to Mega Evolve and boost on the same turn, usually against a slower Pokemon Mega Diancie can easily knock out. Finally, due to Mega Diancie's frailty, playing it safe is the best way to use it, especially when it's the wincon in a game.

Team Options
=========
Mega Diancie + Talonflame is a well known hyper offense core because Mega Diancie primarily has trouble with Steel-types, which are taken care of by Swords Dance Talonflame. Furthermore, Mega Diancie can take care of Talonflame's checks, such as Cyclohm and defensive Garchomp. Celebi Baton Passing Nasty Plot boosts to a Rock Polish Diancie can make it very threatening, because an Earth Power OHKOes Mega Metagross at +2; just be careful of Bullet Punch. Furthermore, Celebi resists Ground- and Water-type attacks, two of Mega Diancie's weaknesses. In addition, Steel-type checks are necessary so that Mega Diancie can be preserved until all of its checks are gone and can sweep late-game. Good options are Mollux, Heatran, Volkraken, and Cyclohm. Lastly, with its Magnet Pull ability, Magnezone can trap many Steel-types and harm them with Hidden Power Fire, enabling Mega Diancie to have an easier time cleaning up the opponent's team. However, while Magnezone can trap Steel-type Pokemon for Mega Diancie, Shed Shell is an item Steel-types tend to run, preventing Magnezone from trapping them reliably. Notable Shed Shell users are Skarmory and Ferrothorn.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
========
A Calm Mind set can shut down balanced teams if used correctly, but with threats like Syclant, Choice Scarf Volkraken, Scizor, and Ferrothorn lying around, sweeping is a lot harder. Psychic can be used over Protect on the all-out attacker set to hit Mega Venusaur for super effective damage. However, Hidden Power Fire is a more viable coverage move to run most of the time. Heal Bell can be used for team support, however Pokemon such as Cyclohm and Chansey fit the role better because Mega Diancie's other moves, such as its STABs, are more useful. Mega Diancie forces switches pretty well, so it can use Stealth Rock to get entry hazards up easily. Sharpen 2HKOes Chansey, one of its usual counters, with +1 Diamond Storm. Magnet Rise can be used to handle Pokemon that rely on their Ground-type coverage to beat Mega Diancie such as Hippowdon, Gliscor, Colossoil, and Garchomp. A regular Diancie set with Stealth Rock and Trick Room is usable, but Fidgit outclasses that set in both aspects.

Checks and Counters
==============

**Steel-types**: Pokemon such as Ferrothorn, Scizor, and specially defensive Skarmory can check Mega Diancie with a Steel-type STAB move and fully wall non-Hidden Power Fire variants. In addition, Mega Metagross and Cawmodore both threaten Mega Diancie with their Steel STAB moves, and Cawmodore uses non-Hidden Power Fire sets as setup bait. Specially defensive Jirachi walls the all-out-attacker set completely, and offensive sets can take one Earth Power and OHKO Mega Diancie regardless of its Attack investment. Additionally, some non-Steel-types are known to run Steel-type coverage moves, such as Mega Medicham with Bullet Punch.

**Water-types**: Because Mega Diancie is so frail, all viable Water-type Pokemon such as Krilowatt, Choice Scarf Volkraken, Choice Scarf Keldeo, Azumarill, Rotom-W, and Slowbro can easily OHKO Mega Diancie with their STAB moves. However, do know that all Pokemon mentioned except Azumarill get OHKOed or 2HKOed by one of Mega Diancie's STAB moves.

**Ground-types**: Ground-types such as Sand Rush and bulky Excadrill, Hippowdon, Gliscor, and Landorus-T all check and are able to heavily damage if not OHKO Mega Diancie with their STAB moves. However, Rash variants of Mega Diancie either OHKO or 2HKO all of these Pokemon.

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Mega Venusaur, Necturna, Celebi, and Serperior all check Mega Diancie, being able to OHKO it with their STAB moves. However, most variants of Necturna do get 2HKOed by Moonblast. In addition, Mega Venusaur does have to be cautious of Psychic variants.

**Chansey**: Eviolite Chansey can take every notable move Mega Diancie carries and can counter it by recovering off damage with Soft-Boiled and hitting it with Seismic Toss However, Diamond Storm 2HKOes Chansey if its Eviolite has been removed. Mega Diancie also can get past Chansey with Sharpen.

Last edited:
This is a pokemon which I love to use, so I'll go ahead and be a bit harsh by asking you to sort out the dodgy-looking format (space between bullet points and their content, maybe don't space it out so much in regards to each move having its line etc. etc.)

In relation to sets, personally I think All-Out Attacker (I use Protect) is better than Rock Polish in CAP. For one, it doesn't need to set up. For two, it gives you a consistent Bouncer when used with Protect. However, this is something to be discussed by the QCers probably.

1) In the overview, maybe change your comment about STABs and E-Power to something that talks about how much of the CAP Meta is covered by the deadly duo of E-Power and Moonblast (two of the best offensive types in CAP, I think). In addition, is there a particular reason why Steel-types are mentioned in the Overview but not the Water- and Ground-types? If so, comment upon it in your analysis. If not, change it.
2) "Trick Room is a common playstyle in CAP, so you will have a tough time playing against it with a rock polish Mega Diancie" To be fair, I haven't played ladder in a while, so I have no idea if this true, but I'm really not sure it is.
3) "-Still has a slight chance to miss, which can cost you an entire game": I feel like this could be presented better. Maybe something that explains to keep in mind that it can miss and so should be used with caution (e.g. I find that 90% of the time, E-Power will do exactly the same as Diamond Storm so you use E-Power when you are killing that Pyroak on 15% because you don't want to miss the Diamond Storm and get hit by a Giga Drain or E-quake). Just find a way of getting what I described above into words rather than just saying it may cost you the game, which I feel lacks detail.
4) The comments about perfect accuracy are unnecessary, because the majority of moves have perfect accuracy. In addition, Diamond Storm's non-perfect accuracy is actually a negative, although you should mention that it has higher accuracy than Stone Edge while keeping the same power.
5) "-Max Speed to outspeed base 108s and lower." Might want to add that it is outspeeding uninvested base 108s in its base form, rather than its mega form. Maybe add what it outspeeds in mega form and possible alternatives.
6) Some comment about the predictability of Protect and the risk of not running it should be added. You wouldn't believe how many times Protect allows the opponent to set up on me or when I've predicted a prediction of Protect then got OHKO'd for it. Also, maybe some comment about how Protect doesn't stop hazards from being set up and therefore, from being bounced.
7) "For example, if your opponent sends out their scizor, predict them to not bullet punch and ohko them with HP fire." I get it, but I feel like it needs more explanation. You are predicting a U-turn I assume, but the potential risk is losing your Diancie in 1 move, so maybe not the best example? I don't know, maybe I am wrong.
8) As much as I appreciate the enthusiasm behind using the sprites for Team Options, I feel like the format and execution is not done correctly. It is probably better to go for something like explaining that a group of pokemon e.g. specially defensive walls (random example) is a good teammate and why. You can then add examples (perhaps without the sprites, although if are you using them please make sure they are all uniform/the same size etc.) by adding on "such as Chansey and Assault Vest Colossoil".
9) Lastly, it is a VERY viable option to forgo Diamond Storm altogether and use E-Power, Moonblast and HP Fire then either Protect or Calm Mind, since HP Fire can actually be more useful than Diamond Storm since E-Power takes care of a lot of the things Diamond Storm does (except Flying-types and Levitaters). I would definitely change the order of moves on AOA Diancie, and maybe change the slashes to something like:

[SET]
All-Out Attacker
Name: All-Out Attacker
Move 1: Earth Power
Move 2: Moonblast
Move 3: Hidden Power Fire / Diamond Storm
Move 4: Protect / Hidden Power Fire / Calm Mind
Item: Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Naive
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 Atk / 252 Spe

Also, note the format with the spaces between the slashes, the capitalization and all that.

Overall though, I feel like this good first effort, though it still needs quite a bit of work.

Another interesting thing to note is that it is not always wise to Mega Evolve Diancie is situations where a weakened opponent is always faster than you and would KO the Mega with a move that wouldn't KO normal Diancie. It's an incredibly narrow circumstance, but it should be noted as it can potentially make or break teams. Strategically using the base form's superior defense can be key towards winning.

212+ Atk Mega Aerodactyl Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 222-262 (92.1 - 108.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

212+ Atk Mega Aerodactyl Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 170-200 (70.5 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 44 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 236-278 (78.4 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Mega Beedrill Drill Run vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 196-232 (81.3 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Mega Beedrill Drill Run vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 150-178 (62.2 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Beedrill: 440-518 (162.3 - 191.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Set order should be 1. All-Out Attacker, 2. Rock Polish.

gonna disagree with some of the suggestions given so far, diamond storm is pretty much required (without it, it's setup bait for talonflame, which is frankly ridiculous for a rock-type)

my proposal for the sets (talked w cb quickly on this)

[SET]
name: All-Out Attacker
move 1: Moonblast
move 2: Diamond Storm
move 3: Earth Power / Hidden Power Fire
move 4: Protect / Hidden Power Fire

moonblast / diamond storm / earth power / protect is pretty much the standard set, hp fire is the next most viable option as it bops zor, ferro, etc and can be run over ep or protect, not over STABs though. other options such as psychic, calm mind, stealth rock, etc have their perks but aren't quite enough to be slashworthy imo (others can disagree here, in fact I'm leaning towards giving CM a slash here).

Rock Polish can have Hidden Power Fire slashed next to EP

as for formatting stuff, here's the analysis format
[OVERVIEW]

Generalize what the Pokemon does in the metagame and as a whole and why you should or shouldn't consider using it on your teams.

[SET]
name: SET NAME
move 1:
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
item:
ability:
nature:
evs:

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Describe what the moves on the set do.

Set Details
========

Describe the other aspects of the set such as what the EVs do and nature/item.

Usage Tips
========

Describe how to use the Pokemon in question.

Team Options
========

Describe some teammates that would be a good idea to pair with this Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

List some options for the Pokemon user that are plausible but not always recommended due to either being not consistent enough or too outclassed by other Pokemon in the metagame.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.
don't randomly add/remove capitalization to the things on the set (move 1, move 2, evs, etc), because GP or the uploader will just have to remove or add it back later.

BreloomMyHomie

Changed Order Of Sets to AOA being the first set and Rock Polish being the second. I implemented sparky and cb's change with the AOA set. I added Calm Mind, Psychic, and Heal Bell to be Other Options for Diancie. Fixed the capitalization on the set.

Whilst I can see the problem with Talonflame, E-power is ridiculously useful for M-Diancie and should definitely be in front of Diamond Storm, which essentially only hits Talonflame and a few other Flying-types, while E-Power hits loads of stuff that Diamond Storm already hits like Pyroak, Mollux and Volraken as well as Electric-, Rock-, Steel- and Poison-types like Plasmanta, Heatran, Naviathan, Metagross and opposing Diancie. It even lets it hit Ferrothorn neutrally. Ground and Fairy are some of the best offensive coverage moves in CAP, I think. Earth Power shouldn't be slashed on a Diancie. I've seen people (namely QoL) use E-Power, Mooblast and HP Fire sets perfectly fine.

Moves (set 1)
- I'd like to see Moonblast in slot one, as it's arguably Mega Diancie's most spammable move

Set Details (set 1)
- Mentioning the mega stone actually isn't necessary here since we aren't considering the base form

Team Options (set 1)
- Examples of good VoltTurn partners would be helpful here, for example, Colossoil can U-turn on a predicted Tomohawk switch-in and give Mega Diancie the opportunity to come in and fire off a powerful attack.
- Trappers such as Magnezone and Gothitelle can help remove troublesome foes, most notably Steel-types, for Mega Diancie.

Moves (set 2)
- Moonblast can be moved up to slot two for similar reasons as the first set
- Diamond Storm doesn't straight OHKO everything you mentioned, Volkraken is OHKOed only after SR, Defensive Pyroak isn't even 2HKOed, Aurumoth isn't OHKOed, etc
- lol filet mignon

Set Details (set 2)
- Be clear that Diamond Storm only KOes Volkraken after SR damage, and that bulky variants of Mollux aren't OHKOed after SR damage.
- Diancite description can be taken out for same reason as the first set.

Team Options (set 2)
- Trappers can go here

Other Options
- Add Stealth Rock, Mega Diancie forces switches pretty well giving it opportunities to set it up.

Checks and Counters
- The Scizor/Mega Scizor/Ferrothorn/Skarmory section can just be renamed Steel-types, with those mons listed as examples.
- Add a section for Grass-types, such as Mega Venusaur, Celebi, and Necturna.

This is coming together pretty well so far though, tag me again when this is implemented or if you had any questions about it.

BreloomMyHomie

I implemented all of your changes sparktrain , except for the one where you said Diancie only ohkoes volkraken after stealth rocks.
0 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Volkraken: 390-462 (114 - 135%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So basically I just copy pasted Sparky's format and am going to fill in what I think should be changed.

Moves (set 1)
- Sufficient

Set Details (set 1)
- Sufficient

Team Options (set 1)
- I like a bulky mollux with Diancie. While you lose some theoretical offensive presence, you gain a hazard setter and remover that can tank major threats like keldeo, steels, etc and instantly force them out or ohko them with lava plume.
- Its always risky running trappers, which is why you don't see many people run them. Gothitelle can easily be predicted into resulting in your opponent switching into Colossoil and your entire strategy can instantly be shredded.
- Tomohawk also does well because of its ability to be God tier (it can do everything from scout, spin, set up hazards, prevent sweeps, stall, you name it) which adds great utility when setting up either opportune moments for sweeping or giving you slight advantages.
- You can disagree with me on this, but Ferrothorn and similar hazard setters/tanks do very well, giving Diancie the freedom to scout and mega evolve with protect and then, for the most part, freely switch into the enemy mon the next turn.

Moves (set 2)
- I agree.

Set Details (set 2)
- Same. Thought, while neat, its unnecessary to give the example where Mega Pidgeot is at 25%. Its great and keeping it in won't prevent a QC but its just something to look into if you want to keep your analysis short and sweet.

Team Options (set 2)
- Basically the same as what I previously said with added emphasis on key switch ins so that Diancie can set up its Mega evolve safely and then come back in later in the game to sweep or at least do heavy damage.

Other Options
- Sufficient
Checks and Counters
- Sufficient

I implemented all of your changes sparktrain , except for the one where you said Diancie only ohkoes volkraken after stealth rocks.
0 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Volkraken: 390-462 (114 - 135%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Thanks for double checking the calc tech, was on mobile so I likely entered something incorrectly

Content-wise, this is looking pretty good. There's just a few style-related edits I'd like to see before I give a stamp. First, the icons shouldn't be included (all the relevant information should be kept though, of course), as they won't show up when this is uploaded. Second, there are a few places throughout where you speak and make suggestions in first person, example
For example, Keldeo can kill Diancie with a Scald, so I would run a water and fighting resist to patch that weakness; I suggest Plasmanta, Mollux, Latias, or Latios.
I'm fairly certain analyses shouldn't include first person statements, but I'm not 100% sure (this might be more of a GP-related thing anyway, so I'm gonna tag Snobalt to see if he has a better explanation). Third, the reference to the Viability Rankings shouldn't be included, since those are ever-changing.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Finally commenting on this.

Overview
- One of Diancie's biggest flaws is its horrendous base 50 speed in base form, which really limits what Diancie can do before it Mega Evolves.
- This may just be me but I find it kinda clunky when you state what checks Diancie in the overview. Yeah sure it has checks but you don't need to go into specifics in the overview when you have an entire section that explains it.
- Diancie has common weaknesses and these limit what it can switch in safely on.

Moves (set 1)
-Some more explanation of what Moonblast and Earth Power let Mega Diancie get past is needed, especially with Earth Power.

Set Details (set 1)
- Max speed is run to speed tie other base 110s, not just 108s

Usage Tips (set 1)
- I'd actually play it safe with Diancie when it comes to Scizor since its literally a 50/50 when it comes to it using BP or not, so if you mispredict or the opponent just makes the safest play you lose your Diancie. The far more reliable way to deal with Scizor is to predict the switch and OHKO it then instead of risking it and I certainly wouldn't advise people to make unnecessarily risky plays.
- Give some examples of mons Diancie can switch into safely.

Team Options (set 1)
- Teammates that provide speed control, through Sticky Web, Tailwind, or paralysis support, can help offset Diancie's 50 speed before mega evolution and helps give Diancie a lot more opportunities to pressure the opponent. Necturna, Fidget, Thundurus, Klefki all work well.
- Mons that can check Steel-types, notable Jirachi, Scizor, and Metagross, make excellent teammates. Cyclohm, Pyroak, Skarmory, and Fire-types such as Heatran work well.

Moves (set 2)
- Change the Trick Room mention to opposing speed control in general; Sticky Web and Tailwind can lower the effectiveness of Rock Polish as much as TR does.
- In general, the amount of detail you go into stuff for the RP set should be mirrored on the AOA set.
- Echoing what other people have said in that you need to double check what Diamond Storm actually OHKOes. If SR is needed to OHKO then say it. If its only a 2HKO then say that as well.
- You don't need to mention Non-perfect accuracy when you've already explained how it can still miss.
- Ditch the Mega Pidgeot part since its pretty self explanatory to use the more powerful attack on low HP Flying-types.
- Mention HP Fire in Moves, but don't slash it yet. You give up some power against Metagross and other grounded Steel-types but you can get past Ferrothorn and lure Scizor.

Set Details (set 2)
- You're wording is a little funky here since it implies Rash actually boosts physical def when all its doing is not subtracting from it. When you write this up be sure to make this more clear.

Team Options (set 2)
-Volt Turn and bulkier mons are still good teammates so list those.
-Wallbreakers such as Manaphy and Serperior work well as they can weaken or remove mons that could otherwise check Diancie.

Everything in the Overall Great Teammates section should be applied to Team Options where applicable and the section itself removed. Team Options applies to teammates as well as team styles so I fail to see any reason to make a separate section for them. If you in any way doubt this just go look at virtually any on site analysis and you'll see what I mean.

Other Options
- Regular Diancie can be used as a Rocks, Screens, or TR setter but is generally outclassed by other mons such as Fidgit and Klefki.
- Magnet Rise can be used to better handle mons that rely on Ground-type coverage to handle Diancie, notably Colossoil, Landorus-T, Hippowdon, and Gliscor.

Checks and Counters
- Jirachi and Excadrill can't switch into Earth Power repeatedly, although Air Balloon does allow Excadrill and even Heatran to act as one time checks to Mega Diancie.
- I wouldn't say Cawmodore can wall Mega Diancie when its taking around 50% from Moonblast and anywhere from 53% to 63% from Diamond Storm.
- Krilowatt, Volkraken, and Keldeo all have trouble switching into Diancie. Rotom-W and Slowbro are 2HKOed by Moonblast if physically defensive.
- In general, if something is not a straight up counter you have to elaborate on what it can't do when checking Diancie. If it can't switch into X move, say it. If it can't check Diancie with X coverage, say that as well.

I agree with more or less everything misty said above, but I'd just like to point out that I've had grounded Heatran tank Earth Powers before, and this can be very annoying, especially if they are running Flash Cannon.

Proof:
252 SpA Mega Diancie Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran: 336-396 (87.2 - 102.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mega Diancie Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 316-376 (82 - 97.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I'd also like to re-iterate my earlier belief that we should have HP Fire slashed with Diamond Storm instead of Earth Power, or maybe with both (though that kinda creates a slashfest).

BreloomMyHomie

i will get to work on these changes soon, but just saying. Specially defensive heatran's typically don't run flash cannon. Only offensive sets. Thanks for the advice tho cbrevan and Khosro :]

I'd like to see Nasty Plot + Baton Pass Celebi listed as a teammate option, especially for the RP set; it really amps up Diancie's sweeping potential.

Anyway, great work here. QC 1/3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)