Megas For All V2 (Induction Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and my friend tested this on the Aqua server. Couldn't even mega evolve any of the Pokemon.

I had used a team full of pokemon holding Abomasites and Charizardite X/Y's if that helps.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
What if we did a MFA Ubers and gave all the Ubers Mega Evolutions for the Ubers metagame?
MegaKangaskhan, MegaLucario, MegaMawile, etc would all become irrelevant. They could be unbanned from OU as a test, if we're not doing X/Y versions for them. Those are the "Mega-less Pokemon in Megas For All". MegaRayquaza probably would be able to be unbanned from Ubers.

Awesome, glad to see its working out!

I have finals this week, but I swear I'll post the changelog and stuff on Friday or Saturday. It's coming, I promise.

No one really seems to care that much about making the changes, so I guess we'll address issues as they show up. Anyone know how the code is working?

Megas For All seems to be messing up on the Aqua server. Tried mega evo'ing into Darm Y but it didn't work despite it having a charizardite Y.

Hey guys! I missed this project.

That's why (obviously in conjunction with this renewed interest) we're gonna start the MEGAS FOR ALL REVIVAL!

Now I've been contacted with a few ideas on how to revive Megas For All. One would be to completely scrap our current set of Megas and start over. But given the countless hours of effort put into this project by so many fantastic users, it would be a shame if we simply discarded their creations. If interest holds, then we may create a new set of Megas alongside this one, but for now, we will see how the latter idea works.

After we completed the last set of Megas, a major problem quickly manifested: several of our creations were unbalanced. Whether not quite RU-material or potentially ban-worthy in Ubers, these mons simply would not be compatible with the OU metagame. Some other issues arose as well, such as Megas with abilities too complicated to fit with the simple vision of the MFA project. A lot of revision needs to be done if Megas For All is to be deemed truly successful.

I would love to have a council to help me decide which Megas could stand some change, so if you're interested, please PM me. I'm gonna require that you be a previously-active user in this project from when the project itself was active. I believe Darth Manaphy is already on board, but since neither of us is going to be constantly available for review, it would help to have 2-3 more users in the MFA "council" of sorts.

Thanks for the renewed interest; this is a fun project!

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello yeah! Too bad I can't be a Council member, but this is gonna be the shit!

The main problem that we had was that for the most part most of the Megas were made in a vacuum and power creep happened with ourselves too. And of course, theorymonning when we designed them without having any good idea what would happen screwed up a whole lot here too.

I feel that now that everything's been developed, we can work to fix it up with respect to one another.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Yeh. And maybe we can do it like Theorymon: one thread for creating the megas and another for discussing the new metagame. I also think a lot of megas need revamping.

G-Luke

What would be interesting is that every slate has a particular theme, like slate one woulld make viable weather setters while slate two could be viable physical walls or something

What would be interesting is that every slate has a particular theme, like slate one woulld make viable weather setters while slate two could be viable physical walls or something
That's actutally what I said to nightsitter in PM:
Jaguar360 said:
So we're starting with balancing right? I think an interesting process would be to look at groups of Pokemon with similar niches and abilities (Multi-hit Pokemon, Dragon Dancers, weather setters etc.) to make sure that no one's outclassed or anything. I think that would also give us a better chance to change some of the more complicated abilities into existing ones or ones that are easier to code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)