ORAS OU Ubers in OU

Hello everyone! I'm posting here because I need help for a team that I've built inspired by some uber matches that featured klefki, and now needs some tweaks. The team was born after being fed up with running defog/spin support. I couldn't always implement latias nor starmie in all my teams so I forgo hazard removal and I shifted from balance to offense.

The starting point for the team was the hyper offensive core of gengar+suicide lead azelf, a core wich funnily enough didn't make it to the team. I added thundurus, but I wasn't too keen on using only mons that have thin defenses, so I replaced azelf and thundurus with klefki, the uber god. I realized that priority is a big problem for offensive teams and I tried to implement checks to threats with priority. Kledeo was my first choice, checking scizor and bisharp, and it can soft check azumarill's aqua jet if carrying hp electric. Mega venusaur was a problem and I added kyurem-black to aid keldeo in wallbreaking. I wanted a mega and a talonflame check, mega diancie was my choice as it has good synergy with kyurem. I added landorus as a check to scizor and sand offense, something I'm weak to. The last member was gengar for a while but a check to keldeo was needed so it was swapped for an alakazam. Sash was preferred to life orb to safely revenge kill threats.

team at a glance

team description
Edits in bold

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Standard LO kyurem. It pair well with keldeo and diancie. I'm not sure about the nature as most of the time it's switching into special attacks, please, leave a suggestion. I'd really like to put hp fire somewhere on the team, do you think kyurem can sacrifice a moveslot for it? should I give it to diancie? Nature is now mild and the EVs allow me to outspeed base 80s and to OHKO azumarill with fusion bolt, useful when they are leading against my team.

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

This is something you don't see very often, yet it's very effective, especially if bluffing a scarf set. Earthquake is the main move of the set, with the other moveslots I preferred the utility provided by knock off to the rock coverage in stone edge, rock coverage is already brought by diancie anyways. U-turn is essential to bluff a scarf set and is good for pivoting. EVs in speed are now just enough to outspeed adamant excadrill, the rest goes in hp.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

I've been considering to run a scarf on this but the power of specs...is jaw-dropping. The hidden power is required to check non-mega gyarados and azumarill. Scald is very nice as burn damage and hazard damage rack up quickly, most of the time you will be spam scald. Is a sub CM a viable wincon on this team, even without pursuit support? Keldeo is now with choice scarf.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def /56 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 10 Spe
- Magnet Rise
- Spikes
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave

EVs are to check physical threats and fairies (the EV spread was stolen kindly taken from a previous rmt, don't remember who did it but I thank you). Speed IVs are to underspeed non invested scizors, so should they try to setup on klefki they swords dance first and you foul play right after. I know this is a very unlikely scenario but I don't think you lose anything from the speed drop. Its job is very simple, just suicide thunder wave and suicide spikes. In some matches though you need to preserve it in order to paralyze opponent's pokemons, as the team is was fairly slow.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Naive Nature Rash Nature
- Protect Rock Polish
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power Hidden Power Fire
- Moonblast

I actully chose it as a check to talonflame and soft check to mega charizard x but its combination on power and speed makes it a nice addition even against team without the aformentioned threats. Its ability and fairy STAB are the best way to handle mega sableye, also magic bounce is the only way I have to prevent opponent's hazards. This is now rock polish with hp fire not to allow to scizor and ferrothorn to prevent a diancie sweep, as heatran is handled already by keldeo, landorus and kyurem.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Encore

This is the offensive glue, dealing damage to fighting types that trouble this team and other 110s base speed threats. I was thinking about dragalge in this spot to check Mega Manectric better, but I become very weak to psychics and while toxic spikes are nice I'm left with no option but Rock polish diancie as a mean of speed control, a set that lacks speed from the get-go. I changed the item given the fact that now keldeo is the revenge killer.

threats

fast pokemon that can't be paralyzed are a natural problem to the team due to my reliance on t-wave. Ground types are not a problem thanks to kyurem.

mega diancie can't be paralyzed, my best options against it are revenge killing with alakazam and keeping landorus healthy. If it's paired with an offensive volcarona with lum berry it means that you have a bad karma

fast electric types are a problem as my best option is kyurem which is easy to wear down

mega sceptile is not easy to take care of

clefable I wholeheartedly hate it, you gotta play aggressively and overwhelm it with strong attacks

threats above the 350s speed tier are a problem, especially if they outspeed alakazam as well. Opponent's alakazams are a problem if they aren't paralyzed.

setup sweepers are a problem if klefki is gone and are healing wished to full health, especially the duo mega charizard x+latias

opponent's hazard stack is a problem, you gotta stack hazard first.

Please forgive me if my English was not clear, feel free to correct me :)

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Spikes
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Encore

Last edited:
woah you gave me a lot of suggestions! :] With lando I think it's not beneficial to run less than 275 speed in order to check adamant excadrill, so I maybe I can reduce lando's speed a little, and I'll put 20 EVs in kyurem's atk. You're right about klefki, so I'm fixing it's IV. Latios over kyurem is indeed something I was thinking about, but I feel like kyurem is a little better on this team because of its bulk and the typing that allows it to check pokemon that carry boltbeam coverage; anyways, should I make the latios change, do I have to change any team member? If so, which? About keldeo I'll try the scarf set if you think it's good but hp electric will stay because azumarill is such a big threat, I have only keldeo and kyurem to 1v1 it. I'm taking the diancie suggestion and make it rock polish with hp fire. About azumarill and mega alakazam...That's a nice idea :] I'll make a new team with them and see how it goes. Thanks again for the rate! Any other suggestion is welcome.

Klefki though has a nice dragon immunity... I'm changing the item of alakazam, as now it is no longer the revenge killer of the team ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)