Doubles Ladder + Seasonal Stats

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I updated the stats for every round except the last one because our two finalists are being super johns.

Level 51

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
summer seasonal top 32 stats?
Doubtful; there was so much data last time I think I'd rather start in top 16.

Speaking of which, the Winter Seasonal Stats have been fully updated! They now contain 9 rounds of data, comprising 100 battles and 1200 (!) data points. I've also updated the overall stats page with some extra data which kamikaze17 might like, and I added a neat visualiser (original design by me!) that I'm told was pretty good-looking. Enjoy~!

kamikaze

The King Of Games
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
When you search by usage it searches wrong
http://gyazo.com/762eb0db6ef342277b082513834a163c

it lists pokemon with 3.5% higher than pokemon with 28%
It is doing alphanumeric sorting instead of numeric sorting because there is a "%" making it a string.
If 51 wants to take out the % sign then we could get it to sort properly.

Edit: The percentage sorting you just put in is better :)

Last edited:

Level 51

Update: here are all the teams from the documented rounds (top 32 and up) of the Winter Seasonal. Names have been removed to protect privacy / prevent counterteaming.
In the pair of letters (eg. 'WL'), the first letter (W/L/F) represents the bracket in which this battle took place (Winners'/Losers'/Finals), while the second letter (W/L) represents the outcome of the match.

http://www.smogon.com/stats/2015-07/doublesou-1695.txt

stats :)

things of note:

- gard at 10% usage! that's pretty crazy and I'm sure some of that is due to the vgc nats win with gard. pretty cool to see it getting ladder usage now, but 10%'s probably a bit too high lol

- hoopa-u at 6.5% usage, everyones trying it out and its a pretty good mon for tr. surprised at how high it is but the ladder sure likes flashy new things and tr ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- thundurus now out of the top 6, fuck twave

Level 51

So here I am, posting rather sheepishly because I put off the simple task of posting about stats until now. Oops.
Here are the stats for the Summer Seasonals. I won't be doing the cumulative stats manually, so until I can figure out a way to sum up the stats (probably via a method involving Excel, Python, and Notepad), that page will be blank. Sorry about that.

I have a bunch of important presentations this week as well, but expect the rest of the stats sometime next weekend. I hope.

Thanks also to Stratos for compiling the stats for the first 5 rounds!

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
I was thinking about something the other day:

So let's say I have some relatively unpopular pokemon, let's call it A
and some more popular pokemon, call it B

B's winrate will be closer and closer to 50% because it'll be facing itself a lot whereas relatively unpopular pokemon like A have a chance to shine and have a good winrate

basically what I'm asking for is a way to see how much did this pokemon win in matchups NOT vs itself, which is much more informative imo

if there's a way to do this plz tell me thnx

o//

Fall seasonal stats by me!

if ur not KyleCole feel free to thank me with a like. if u are, feel free to thank me with a free seasonal win
If you don't feel like lookin thru all of the stats, OR if you like pictures : )
The Winners

After a poor showing in Winter Seasonals, everyone has started using more offensive Thundurus with great results. Thundurus has a 33-23 W/L which is only made better when you realize that with such high usage there were undoubtedly times when Thundurus beat another Thundurus. Popular THALK staple Heatran doing well comes as a surprise to no one but checkmater75 with a great 33-18 W/L, again I'm positive that Heatran playing other Heatran made this W/L worse than Heatran actually is, but that's still a great showing! Latios was the real surprise at 21-8 W/L, not quite overtaking Kyurem-B in usage but definitely coming over the top in terms of performance, this is likely because people have expanded to (but not excluded) more options than Tailwind for their Latios movesets!
Honourable mention for this group goes to Jirachi (19-11).

The Losers

Rotom-Wash was the overwhelming loser of Fall Seasonals with a 6-18 W-L, although this is a surprise to almost no one. Classic Hydro/Tbolt/Wow Rotom is just asking to lose to Amoonguss, Kyurem-B, Sylveon, Gardevoir, and Latios. Some sets like Trick Scarf or Twave>WoW may be slightly more effective nowadays, but you're better off just using Keldeo or Thundurus. While not nearly as significant as Rotom, Gengar had a poor showing with a 6-10 W/L record this seasonal and this record gets even worse when you remember that 2 of the games Gengar won it was playing another Gengar. When you look at the most successful 3 Pokemon you'll see that Gengar loses to all of them (even if it wins the speed tie against Latios, non Mega Gengar fails to OHKO, although it will come to down to a tie if Sash Gengar) and WoW support just isn't what it used to be.
Honourable mention for the losers group goes to Aegislash (25-31) making this a rough seasonal for the past and present ghost types.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)