Smogon Grand Slam IV - Introduction | Read post #76

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thread should be going up by the end of the day...hopefully .__.

Might happen on the day of the 26th (tomorrow) as well from what I hear.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
With the pool of player increasing every year, the introduction of 12-players playoffs with the Smogon Classics and the UU Open already reaching a bigger amount of players than any Classic Cup, the modification from top 8 to top 12 is now in effect.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello, dropping in to announce that on Tuesday, August 4th there will be a live slam cast hosted by user: tennisace

The panelists are hollywood Arcticblast macle Sam Sweep and the magnificent atomicllamas. Topics of discussion will include top contenders in each open, trends we expect to see in each meta game, and likely top 12 competitors among other things. Hope you all tune in to watch :)!

Last edited:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Hi All, please discontinue sending me your teams. I know you want to see me run people over using a team of yours. Sadly, real life happens and I won't have time for this Grand Slam anymore. Green was never really my color anyway. Rest assured, I will make a triumphant return to the tournament scene come the Smogon Tour and/or the OLT II to have a go at that pink and black trophies.

Hi All, please discontinue sending me your teams. I know you want to see me run people over using a team of yours. Sadly, real life happens and I won't have time for this Grand Slam anymore. Green was never really my color anyway.
Isn't the Grand Slam trophy light blue, though?

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello, dropping in to announce that on Tuesday, August 4th there will be a live slam cast hosted by user: tennisace

The panelists are hollywood Arcticblast macle Sam Sweep and the magnificent atomicllamas. Topics of discussion will include top contenders in each open, trends we expect to see in each meta game, and likely top 12 competitors among other things. Hope you all tune in to watch :)!
Starting in like 10 minutes

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
About Points and Standings:

After receiving a couple of PMs and VMs, I decided to make this post so you can understand how does the standings work. Some of those things may be new if you are not familiar with the Smogon Tour system.

1/ Rounds 1; 2 and 3 are worth one point each. Winning a round from the fourth is worth 2 points. Winning in a round robin finals is worth 3 points (but the other finalists does not get any point even if they end up at 1-1 in the final round).

2/ If you don't play in the first round, you don't get any point. Activity wins included. In this case, the second round will be worth two points, so as long as you manage to win this one, there is no penalty.

3/ I try to update it once a day. Sometimes twice. Sometimes once every two days. Sometimes when I can add myself a point. Get over it. There is no need to PM me "you did not take my win in account". Someone sent me that kind of PM 8 hours after his win, I found it incredibly rude for quite obvious reasons.

4/ I can make a mistake from time to time. I usually spot it when I update the following round. For example if I gave you a loss instead of a win in the second round, I will notice it when I update your third round. If you spot a mistake you can (and I encourage you to) contact me but there is no need to be paranoid about it, the mistakes will be fixed by the end of the Open anyway.

If you feel targetted by any of those points, I assure you that you are not the only one. Feel free to contact me for any further information, I will gladly answer.

Also please, when you win, specify who was your opponent, it saves me a lot of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)