Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

So, what's everyone using for Groudon? I beat it first try using M-Glaile, Sceptile, Shaymin, and Articuno. But still having trouble catching it.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So, what's everyone using for Groudon? I beat it first try using M-Glaile, Sceptile, Shaymin, and Articuno. But still having trouble catching it.
I used this team but Kyogre over Groudon Sceptile. Sceptile's ability pretty much never activates, where as Kyogre's Rock Break is put to good use on Groudon' stage.

I ended with 4 turns left, but I had already caught Groudon before. I was just aiming for the coin bonus for beating it.

Last edited:
Pignite + Safari pokemon !

Safari Pokemon = Phione, Furfrou, Staryu, Starmie, Gible, Gabite and Garchomp

THATS SEVEN POKEMON !

I need to know the types of Staryu (Water or Psychic ? Water is probable) and the Gible one (I think it will be Dragon .... But we don't really have strong Ground Pokemon, and able to mega evolve !)

I have no lives left, so I will test later in the day

Pignite + Safari pokemon !

Safari Pokemon = Phione, Furfrou, Staryu, Starmie, Gible, Gabite and Garchomp

THATS SEVEN POKEMON !

I need to know the types of Staryu (Water or Psychic ? Water is probable) and the Gible one (I think it will be Dragon .... But we don't really have strong Ground Pokemon, and able to mega evolve !)

I have no lives left, so I will test later in the day
Gible line at least is Ground. I assume that since these Safaris seem to have a "magic" type, the Stars are Water.

So Gengar + 2 Grass types should be your go to.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Nice I'm gonna check out the new content now
Update: Furfrou was the first one. Already went down and into my pokeball in 2 turns. M-Gengar too OP xD
Update2: Gible seems to be inmune to sleep charm from shaymin. Not gonna bother trying to trigger it again
Update3: Found Garchomp at third try and caught him at 30% with 5 moves left!! I'm so relieved it wasn't a pain, although his stage is very "anti-gengar" like with lots of metal blocks.
Update4: Managed to find/catch everything except phione. Staryu and Starmie's stages are quite special this time around since the former has coins to match while the latter gives an exp boost similar to Victini's (which really helped my Chesnaught to reach level 5 in a blink).
Also gabite stage, unlike gible IS vulnerable to sleep charm if you use it.

Last edited:
Caught Pignite ! Just use Mega Aero and it's a gg.
Caught Stary ! The gold pieces were a stupid disruption, but I managed to capture it ...

From Serebii :
The next Pokémon Shuffle Mega Stone challenge has been announced. This event will give you a Garchompite to obtain a Mega Garchomp and is set to run from August 7th to August 17th across all regions. It's not currently clear what its special ability is.

Phione
60Crowd ControlSpecial Stages - Stage SP40%

Furfrou
60Quirky+Special Stages - Stage SP10%
Staryu
50PrankSpecial Stages - Stage SP8%
Starmie
70Power of 5Special Stages - Stage SP6%
Gible
50Mega BoostSpecial Stages - Stage SP5%
Gabite
60Block SmashSpecial Stages - Stage SP10%
Garchomp
80Dragon TalonSpecial Stages - Stage SP15%

Like Pika Pal said, Mega Gar + 2 grass types (Shaymim, Jungko, Chesnaught, Tangrowth)

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Also phione seems to have a stupidly low chance of 1% to appear at the safari, this will be frustrating. I wonder if there's some kind of secret trick like including manaphy in your team to raise the odds (?)

Played the stage five times, encountered that stupid Furffrfou five times in a row. Unreal. Waiting for some hearts to explore the rest.

Have caught everyone except Gabite, who I have yet to encounter. Common weakness is Grass (Garchomp family regarded as Ground; Ground Mega HYPE!). Ideal team is M-Gengar and two Grass types of your choice (Starmie stage makes Safari grinding worthwhile until you catch 'em all). I led in with Sceptile and Shaymin, but Sceptile got MAXed after two Starmie attempts (was already mostly through level 9), so I swapped him out with Tropius. Not gonna use Chesnaught if Shaymin gets MAXed, because I save him for my Meowth farming, but I may start going through the Sceptile/Venusaur family afterwards since Ivysaur and Grovyle could use some attention.

Staryu: It is possible to leave this stage with 630 coins if you make the correct matches (based on x,y coordinates, 6,6 to 5,1, then 1,1 to 5,2 for the first 4-coin match, and the rest is obvious from there). Staryu has a relatively low capture rate (especially if your aim is coins) but dies really quickly like the Cresselia coin levels, so be wary of skyfall ruining your day.

Starmie: Lots of Barriers around in tic-tac-toe grid type pattern, and disrupts with one random barrier every turn. Aside from that, pretty straightforward. Capture rate and amount of available moves is a little higher than Staryu. Also seems to give a considerable amount more EXP than usual (Edit: data miners have it at 100 exp before crown, so my approximation was correct). Not quite Victini levels, but definitely more than 2 or 3 Ampharos runs. 70 AP mon, but Power of 5 is mediocre and for some reason very common amongst Water Types... weird.

Gible: Whack it and pack it. It disrupts with a row of rocks, but is straightforward.

Garchomp: Reasonably obnoxious stage, but making good life choices and having a strong team will get you the kill in a timely fashion. This is probably a stage you want to reserve Great Balls for. Garchomp has 80 AP and the ability Dragon Talon (strongest version of Opportunist). Rumor has it his upcoming Mega Ability is a mirrored version of Mawile's.

Furfrou: Whack it. The rocks are patterned in a way that you need a couple turns of setup before you can get anything going, but after that it's snowball city. Gengar is still effective here even when NVE. It disrupts by spawning four of itself on the board every 3 turns, I believe. Furfrou marks the third Pokemon in possession of Quirky+.

Phione: 1% chance of showing up, so be prepared for a long haul if RNG hates you. To compensate, however, Phione has the highest capture rate of all Safari mons this time (finishing in 3-4 turns ensures that a Great Ball will give MAX capture rate). Stage starts with two rows covered in barriers (row 2 and row 5, I believe). Start chipping away at the top row, then proceed to combo away. I highly recommend keeping your best Grass mons in the party until Phione is captured, then you can use the Safari as a grinding site untlil you catch em all.

Edit:

Caught Gabite an hour ago, so I'll add his info to the best of my recollection.

Gabite: the lowest amount of moves of all the mons (only 6 turns), and a non-flattering bonus capture rate so make it count. Columns 1 and 6 are decked in a mixture of blocks and rocks. I think columns 2 and 5 might have starting rocks in them, but the gist of this stage is to open up space for combos as quickly as possible. Every two turns he disrupts with random rocks (I think just two that are almost always together) on the screen. Have those Great Balls ready. If you're anything like me, this was the only time Gabite appeared.

Gabite marks the first Ground Type to have a useful supportive role ability (Block Smash). 60 AP is fairly respectable as well.

Last edited:
So thankful that I was able to catch the only Pokemon I wanted (Starmie and Garchomp) on my first run. Ran into Gible twice, but failed to catch it each time since its catch rate is so low (got S ranks on both though). Garchomp needed a Great Ball. Used Mega Gengar, Shaymin and Sceptile, like MajorWile. I think Mega Slowbro could have been useful for Barrier Bash pre-Mega on Starmie though. While Block Bash Pokemon would be useful for Garchomp, they're all Fire and Steel types that make Starmie, Phione and Staryu harder unfortunately.

Caught Pignite on the first try as well. Used Mega Aero, Garchomp, Groudon and Aurorus.

Yeah ! French from Paris :)

CAUGHT PHIONE with 52% (4 moves left IIRC)

YAY ! Back to grinding (I have 72K, should be enough for Garchompite) and three stages left to S-rank (Weavile, Hippowdon, Aegislash). Any tips for that ?

Caught Phione and Garchomp first try! :D Well, needed a Great Ball for Garchomp, but still! All I need to catch now is that Furfrou, which I still haven't encountered once.

Yeah ! French from Paris :)

CAUGHT PHIONE with 52% (4 moves left IIRC)

YAY ! Back to grinding (I have 72K, should be enough for Garchompite) and three stages left to S-rank (Weavile, Hippowdon, Aegislash). Any tips for that ?
I know Weavile has a very particular opening move, and Hippowdon you can brute force without items.

Ok I managed Weavile and Hippowdon. Aegislash missing ... If I don't manage to do it itemless until tonight, I will just use a C-1 xD

And yay for staryu and starmie, I knew the trick for the gold (600 gold yummy, better than Meowth), but you don't have them every time. So I'll go back on Meowth

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think I've caught all the safari Pokemon, according to MajorWile's list. I didn't actually know Garchomp was in there until I ran into him last night. Had to blow 2 Great Balls to get it, but I wasn't risking not running into it again, like with Phione. I'm probably gonna keep grinding these stages to get the coins until the next special pops up.

The team I used was Lucario, Groudon, and Zapdos. Which I realize is a terrible team, probably could have changed it up once I realized what kind of Pokemon were in the safari, though I guess it really didn't matter because it didn't stop me from S-Ranking the stages easily.

Ok I managed Weavile and Hippowdon. Aegislash missing ... If I don't manage to do it itemless until tonight, I will just use a C-1 xD

And yay for staryu and starmie, I knew the trick for the gold (600 gold yummy, better than Meowth), but you don't have them every time. So I'll go back on Meowth
For Aegislash, my biggest recommendation is actually the Disruption Delay. While the Klefki get in the way, Aegis' rocks are arguably a bigger combo disruptor. It's also one of the few stages where Lucario does well, since Klefki's interruptions make the raw damage more profitable than most of the neutral Mega's combo effects (it also blocks Fire spaces for Blaziken combos)

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Any tips for S-Ranking Froslass and Zoroark? I've been trying to use Mega Lucario on both.
For both you might as well just blow some coins adn get a Moves +5, because although Moves +5 doesn't add to your score or catch rate, they DO factor into ranking for some reason. And they're pretty cheap too, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)