The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too read reddit threads
I got that from Twatter

Also, the phone thing is a red herring considering the NFL was never entitled access to it.

It has zero relevance to the court case but the NFL knows the public will cling to it.

Also also, it appears that we'll eventually get to hear the Tom Brady side of things now that this is finally out of the NFL's hands. Everything we know about deflategate up until now has been given to us by league leaks, so it will be interesting to hear the other side of the story.

Fuck you Goodell. Fuck you. Now we have to deal with this stupid ass story for months cause you didn't reduce. 2 games max is what it should have been but whatever. This story is little more than a nuisance. Even though I still dislike Brady, at least this story will spell the firing of Goodell ,who I hate more.

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/626403839525031936

Fuck you Goodell. Fuck you. Now we have to deal with this stupid ass story for months cause you didn't reduce. 2 games max is what it should have been but whatever. This story is little more than a nuisance. Even though I still dislike Brady, at least this story will spell the firing of Goodell ,who I hate more.
truly the worst part

tho it's laughable to think that this will lead to goodell's firing, the owners (aka his bosses) are definitely on his side with the obvious exception of Kraft. worst case for goodell is that this somehow leads to the removal of his power to dole out punishments however he sees fit

Deflategate is reaching critical mass.

There are now statements, statements about statements and columns about statements about statements.

Donald Trump is talking to Tom Brady about suing the NFL and Rodger Goodell is asking the Police to defend his vacation home from angry pats fans in Maine.

Deflategate will continue on for eternity and never die.

Kraft sure is a hypocritical git, wasn't it just the other month he was saying his decision to accept the team punishment had nothing to do with hoped leniency for Brady? And now he feels "betrayed"? Idiot, what were you expecting...

I'd be happy with mutually assured destruction in this case. Both Goodell and Brady out of the league sounds like a fair compromise over more deflategate news over the summer. Patriots have already proven they can succeed without Brady anyways.

Russell Wilson and the Seahawks have agreed to a 4-year, $87.6-million extension, per source. https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/627112594537607168
Confirmed by Russel https://twitter.com/dangerusswilson/status/627115058531733508

Deal averages out to 21.9 million/year, meaning he makes slightly less then the 22 million/year Rodgers makes. Glad they were able to work the deal out at the last minute so we don't have to spend all season hearing commentators babbling about whether Russel will stay. And we now have Wilson, Lynch, Graham, Bennett, Avril, Wright, Chancellor, Thomas, and Sherman locked up through 2017.

Russell Wilson and the Seahawks have agreed to a 4-year, $87.6-million extension, per source. https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/627112594537607168
Confirmed by Russel https://twitter.com/dangerusswilson/status/627115058531733508

Deal averages out to 21.9 million/year, meaning he makes slightly less then the 22 million/year Rodgers makes. Glad they were able to work the deal out at the last minute so we don't have to spend all season hearing commentators babbling about whether Russel will stay. And we now have Wilson, Lynch, Graham, Bennett, Avril, Wright, Chancellor, Thomas, and Sherman locked up through 2017.
even if you don't think Wilson is the #2 QB in the league right now or ever, given his body of work and the fact that the Seahawks "need" him to be successful I'd say this deal was pretty fair. Six years works well for both teams, if two or three years down the road Wilson reverts to replacement-level they aren't screwed out the ass until 2025, and if he continues to be successful he can get a second mega-deal for 4-5 years at the age of 30.

It will be interesting to see how the team can balance having all those superstars with the offensive line, receivers, and linebackers having to come cheap. Having absolutely $0 in dead money helps tremendously. Right now those 9 players take up ~60% of the projected cap for both 2016 and 2017, but honestly that's not too terrible for such a core group of elite talent. Sadly it doesn't look like the Seahawks will go away anytime soon =(

If you ask me, I'd say Wagner was more important to secure long-term than Wilson. Wilson is a good QB but I wouldn't say he's elite. The reason the Seahawks are so good is that defense..which Wagner is an integral piece of.

If you ask me, I'd say Wagner was more important to secure long-term than Wilson. Wilson is a good QB but I wouldn't say he's elite. The reason the Seahawks are so good is that defense..which Wagner is an integral piece of.
It doesn't matter if you're the best defensive player of all time. A mediocre/average qb is still more than you. Just look at jj watt and how much of impact a guy like that can have on a team(very little if you don't have a qb).

It doesn't matter if you're the best defensive player of all time. A mediocre/average qb is still more than you. Just look at jj watt and how much of impact a guy like that can have on a team(very little if you don't have a qb).
JJ Watt actually has a big impact on the Texans...
Anyway, it didn't take long to give Wagner a deal. Now we need to get Kam Chancellor to stop bitching about not enough money so he can show up to training camp.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
JJ Watt quite literally won the Texans their game against the Bills last year. He is a game-changing type player. Where did the Texans finish? Even Lawrence Taylor had Phil Simms.

JJ Watt quite literally won the Texans their game against the Bills last year. He is a game-changing type player. Where did the Texans finish? Even Lawrence Taylor had Phil Simms.
They finished with a winning record and just barely missing the playoffs. Which is a huge improvement coming off of 2-14

Speaking of Texans, Arian Foster suffered a "significant" groin injury and could require surgery, so that Texans offense isn't going to be looking too good for a good chunk of the season if worst case scenario.

EDIT: Surgery will be needed and Foster will miss more than half of the season, so let's see how far JJ Watt can carry this team with a Brian Hoyer led offense and no quality RB.

Last edited:
Colts are gonna steamroll the AFC South, not that they weren't gonna anyway
While, this will likely be true as it tends to be, don't count Houston and Jacksonville out. While their W-L ratios weren't impressive last season, they have solid teams. Jaguars have an incredibly young defense and offense. But it's full of potential but the future of the team's success going forward is sophomore QB Blake Bortles and whether or not he can improve upon last year's unimpressive numbers. As for Houston, they have an incredibly talented roster at every spot except QB.
Although we can probably all agree that Tennessee is a joke. Mariota and DGB make the otherwise boring team have a little intrigue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)