(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
PWT Age: I can't believe we're discussing this, but it's not uncommon for some young girls to start developing early (I remember a news report a few year's ago that said cow's milk has something in it that can trigger it early). Eitherway you can't use their breast size to determine their age (in addition they're drawn anime characters who usually have exaggerated features). Besides there's more than one type of fetish that the other female characters can be fit into...

BUT BACK TO THE POINT. The reason I pointed this out is because I don't think the PWT is canon (at least concerning the foreign Gym Leaders that don't appear outside of it). It was a nice treat and interesting to hear what they and others had to say about them. I suppose we could take an alternate interpretation that they only look like they did in the original games just so the player would recognize them while character in the game world do see them older (and had they been important to the game in some way they probably would have been aged up).

Abilities Comparison: And you can make a list of Abilities where one is a weaker version of the other or better in some way. I think most Abilities are designed around the Pokemon's physical appearance first and given their effect afterwards, I don't think much is done to balance out Abilities since Pokemon can have at most 3 (disregarding a few special cases).

All? Um, certainly not Dawn. And Liza and Maylene don't either. Or is Candice just "blessed" for her supposed age? Though to be fair, I suppose that May and Candice might not be an exception. Then again, I've forgotten if this was also the case for Hilda and Rosa or not, since Hilda never appeared in the Anime, she doesn't appear in White if you play as the male character, and I didn't play B/W2. I think that Rosa might fall into this category? But I don't remember for sure.
Okay, at least Crystal, May, and Blue/Leaf. I'm only counting the female characters you can choose to play as at the start of the game. I admittedly don't remember Dawn all too well, (and am too lazy to try and look for my Diamond instruction booklet) and I think Hilda is supposed to be a little older than is typical. (you still see her and Rosa when selecting your character) Candice I'm sure is in her teens at least, and Maylene being a little girl in charge of a Fighting gym full of Black Belts is probably part of a joke... as well as eating like a Snorlax in the Celadon restaurant in HG/SS. (of course I could easily be wrong on this)

But yeah, I think it'd be best to drop the matter now...

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I'm annoyed how they don't make new Pokedex entries for older Pokemon anymore.
We hardly get to know how a Pokemon behaves, and the personality.

And the anime doesn't help because it focuses too much on Pikachu.

Like, we don't get to know other Pokemon.

The ages of anime characters are always way too high or way too low for the way they look, it's just one of those things you gotta roll with.

Like how most of the heights/weights for Pokemon make no goddamn sense and/or are hilarious.
Especially when Wailord is less dense than air.

PWT Age: I can't believe we're discussing this, but it's not uncommon for some young girls to start developing early (I remember a news report a few year's ago that said cow's milk has something in it that can trigger it early). Eitherway you can't use their breast size to determine their age (in addition they're drawn anime characters who usually have exaggerated features). Besides there's more than one type of fetish that the other female characters can be fit into...

BUT BACK TO THE POINT. The reason I pointed this out is because I don't think the PWT is canon (at least concerning the foreign Gym Leaders that don't appear outside of it). It was a nice treat and interesting to hear what they and others had to say about them. I suppose we could take an alternate interpretation that they only look like they did in the original games just so the player would recognize them while character in the game world do see them older (and had they been important to the game in some way they probably would have been aged up).
People from different countries do enter puberty at different ages. Food and environment are factors that changes it.

I remembered I started puberty at around 10.
I was actually surprised how... say, the British, don't start puberty until somewhat 15 years old on average. (I started living in the UK when I was 13, and I realized that at the time.)

Last edited:
The absurdly late levels that some Pokémon learn moves at. Two examples:
- Gardevoir doesn't get Moonblast until Level 85. The 15 base power difference over Dazzling Gleam can make a difference in battles.
- Exploud gets Boomburst at Level 58. In X/Y, this was even worse, getting it at Level 85.
Have fun powerleveling to get the moves you need!

- Gardevoir doesn't get Moonblast until Level 85. The 15 base power difference over Dazzling Gleam can make a difference in battles.
- Exploud gets Boomburst at Level 58. In X/Y, this was even worse, getting it at Level 85.
It doesn't make sense, but at the very least most examples - including the two posted here - are also learned at level 0; ie with a heart scale

It doesn't make sense, but at the very least most examples - including the two posted here - are also learned at level 0; ie with a heart scale
*whacks head on wall*
You mean I wasted two months power-levelling that thing?
Oh well, at least I know not to make the same mistake with the Exploud I'm EV training at the moment.

*whacks head on wall*
You mean I wasted two months power-levelling that thing?
Oh well, at least I know not to make the same mistake with the Exploud I'm EV training at the moment.
To be fair, I'm a miser and don't like to waste Heart Scales on something I know I can level up to get. Especially now with all the posted Blissey bases online.

Hey, on the bright side, Luvdisc have a 60% encounter rate while fishing on Route 128.
I am a miser that likes to collect. I have like 100+ Heart Scales and two Shiny Luvdisc thanks to chaining Luvdisc for Heart Scales, and I STILL refuse to use them unless it can ONLY learn them via Heart Scale or I'm in a big rush.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm annoyed how they don't make new Pokedex entries for older Pokemon anymore.
We hardly get to know how a Pokemon behaves, and the personality.

And the anime doesn't help because it focuses too much on Pikachu.

Like, we don't get to know other Pokemon.
Yeah, I personally think if the Pokemon is going to be in the Regional Dex they should get a new Pokedex entry. Or at the very least when remakes come out they should give all the Pokemon introduced in that gen new Pokedex entries. The remakes just reuses the Pokedex entry from the original games (maybe reworded a bit, but still the same info), which to me is more laziness than nostalgia (especially when games between the original and remakes also used the same entry).

This is once again where the issue of Pokemon being an RPG and a competitive game clashes. By RPG logic it makes sense, you're progressing through a story and you're leveling up and becoming stronger as you go through it. Of course you're not going to get powerful moves as that'll make the game too easy and if you want a really powerful moves you need to work a bit extra harder (best example I can think of is the Ultima Weapon in the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts series. Strongest weapon in the game but to get it you need to some extra work). While by that logic is works, though a bit of a pain, post game when the competitive part of the game comes to the forefront is a different story. What was meant to keep you from getting a super powerful move early is now a hassle to get as levels stopped mattering for the most part after Level 50 since most extra battle facility would decrease your Pokemon's Level to 50. This means anything above Level 50 is now extra umneeded work.

I can't really think of a solution to this problem, maybe post they could halve level requirements for move and maybe even evolutions? Like it would be a Key Item like the Oval Charm and Shiny Charm you get for completing the main storyline.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I know this is was new in Gen VI and all, but it annoys me that event Pokemon only get 3+ IVs if they're legendary or mythical Pokemon; I wish that all event Pokemon came with guaranteed 3+ IVs, not just Legendaries/Mythical event Pokemon. Doesn't seem fair that normal event Pokemon are completely left to luck for passable IVs and hopefully a decent nature, seeing as how they're just as valuable (if not more so) as any other Event Pokemon.

It still breaks my heart a little knowing that I'll never (realistically) get a Gen VI-born Sludge Wave Gengar with ideal IVs and Nature...

Reactions: JES
I know this is was new in Gen VI and all, but it annoys me that event Pokemon only get 3+ IVs if they're legendary or mythical Pokemon; I wish that all event Pokemon came with guaranteed 3+ IVs, not just Legendaries/Mythical event Pokemon. Doesn't seem fair that normal event Pokemon are completely left to luck for passable IVs and hopefully a decent nature, seeing as how they're just as valuable (if not more so) as any other Event Pokemon.

It still breaks my heart a little knowing that I'll never (realistically) get a Gen VI-born Sludge Wave Gengar with ideal IVs and Nature...
In XY, Baby Pokémon also automatically got 3 perfect IVs, but for some reason, they ditched that in ORAS.

That was the Undiscovered Egg Group's entire shtick. Heck, it was supposed to be the entire reason to go for baby Pokemon in the first place. What were they thinking?

Actually, not even Diancie got 3+ max IVs. I remember getting REALLY annoyed at that. Only caught legendaries do.
The ORAS Diancie doesn't have that issue. Or that pile of crap you had to sit through with the X/Y one. It's almost touching, but when you start to think about it... what kid in their right mind is going to just give up any Pokemon they just obtained, especially when there's no other way to get it?

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
In XY, Baby Pokémon also automatically got 3 perfect IVs, but for some reason, they ditched that in ORAS.
I know...but what does that have to do with event Pokemon?

The ORAS Diancie doesn't have that issue. Or that pile of crap you had to sit through with the X/Y one. It's almost touching, but when you start to think about it... what kid in their right mind is going to just give up any Pokemon they just obtained, especially when there's no other way to get it?
I think that's one of the bigger reasons why they did a repeat Diancie event for ORAS, because of the glitched WCs from X/Y (plus it gives those starting with ORAS a fair chance to acquire Diancie)

It's also amazing how much simpler it is to soft-reset the ORAS Diancie compared to the X/Y serial codes. Glad I could finally SR it, instead of getting attacked by random, crazy rich people.

I know...but what does that have to do with event Pokemon?

I think that's one of the bigger reasons why they did a repeat Diancie event for ORAS, because of the glitched WCs from X/Y (plus it gives those starting with ORAS a fair chance to acquire Diancie)

It's also amazing how much simpler it is to soft-reset the ORAS Diancie compared to the X/Y serial codes. Glad I could finally SR it, instead of getting attacked by random, crazy rich people.
Except that Synchronize still doesn't work for some reason, despite apparently being changed for ORAS. Drives me nuts, it does.

Reactions: JES
Except that Synchronize still doesn't work for some reason, despite apparently being changed for ORAS. Drives me nuts, it does.
It wasn't changed for OR/AS. Story Lati@s and Cos-Play Pikachu are in-game events; Mystery Gift is still Mystery Gift. It sucks in the worst way, but that's the way it is in this generation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 9)