NOC Fire and Ice Mafia: Fire and Ice tie, the village loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Da Letter El and Ultrasplot, if they're even in the game

Hate to hate on ma bottom gurl but you seem susp.
UltrasPlot as now turned into rssp1, but it's nice to have another guy who sees him scummy on bored, have to admit.

I don't know who I'm voting right now, but I'm going to:
Unvote
Vote: rssp1

Still the scummiest player in the game I'm afraid, and US is right, this day is going on too long. We CAN end it by hitting majority, though I'm still interested in what the subs have to say. I'm just not interested in waiting for them to say it >~<

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm not really sure at this point, let me actually read every post and try to get something.
Da Letter El and Ultrasplot, if they're even in the game

Hate to hate on ma bottom gurl but you seem susp.
I hate to rag on our subs but these were two bottom of the barrel posts. One is the nonsense stalling post already lamented in this game and the other offers no reason.

Do you guys have some authentic, detailed reads of players in the game? I feel like the rest of us have been waiting for your reads posts and contributions, something, anything, but we haven't seen much.

I personally think DLE is a stronger lynch than UP/rssp1.

Let's not drop pressure on acidphoenix who STILL has yet to post any worthwhile reads contribution.

Alright so I went back and read Day 1 and I agree that acidphoenix is incredibly scummy for the US bandwagon, but also moreso for his reaction afterwards - unvoting and attempting to post justification (he said that he had reasoning, albeit weak - but his post states nothing and he only comes up with his reasoning after US gets po'd). That in addition to his general play (pretty sure I talked about this already) makes him incredibly scummy, but I still feel like it's too "easy" of a lynch - in that it doesn't make sense for scum to play like that.
Or he's just yoloing and its working out for him, idk.
Oh yeah and I don't like how he read himself as null, its what I do a lot as scum.

I also think Celever is townie based on one of the posts he made after Gale accidentally lynched himself, pointing out that he had done so. I don't think scum would have done that and that they would have just let that pass by. It's just his posting pattern and even though he wants me gone he's arguably my strongest town read at this point - while there are plenty of players who may have brought up better points or who have focused on more people rather than just one at a time (generally), I feel like Celever isn't faking his posts at all.
It might also just be the fact that i'm automatically wary of people who seem like obvious town (Yeti, UncleSam, jumpluff) because of the fact that I a) can't really see scumpartners for them, b) they bring up good stuff almost every time they post, and c) all of their points are logical/backed up with reason since i've had a history of reading scum who played like that as town.

Yeti I'm pretty sure this is more a case of Pokeguy not having a ton of time to review things. Imagine that you're 15, have high school stuff/homework and parents who let you on the internet 30 minutes a day. Probably not much of that time is going towards reading NOC posts, so it's not that he isn't able to read or write it's that he doesn't have the time to read and therefore doesn't have anything to say.

Of course all of these are reasons for why Pokeguy should probably stick to forum mafia rather than NOC; NOC requires a lot more reading and writing/thinking about possible player motivations than a typical mafia game. If this is your general situation Pokeguy then take that into account for future games until your situation changes.

And of course none of this helps us figure out what Pokeguy is one bit, because I seriously doubt that Pokeguy's behavior is driven by anything other than A. Wanting to play in a mafia game and B. Not having enough time to play up to a level we consider 'competitive' (which, admittedly, requires a lot more time than a typical mafia website).

Finally, has UltrasPlot quit? I don't think I've seen him post in days.
I know i just called UncleSam town, but bear with me.
This seems like a buddy to pokeguy (while still being legitimate reasoning) since I feel like it'd be easier to express frustration than to automatically defend pokeguy - and the post is well thought out, almost as if preplanned.
That along with the fact that Pokeguy was doing something similar to acidphoenix (not really posting much, complaining due to his restrictive guidelines, etc) - although pokeguy did get subbed - makes me think he's scummy. Sunny hasn't posted anything of worth to make me think he's scum or town.

alright that was a terrible idea because i am far too lazy to read wallposts when catching up, but i'd like to offer my thoughts on the n1 kills.
I think I saw something saying that B_T was a strange kill option because he was lurky-ish/didn't post much, but perhaps the scum were aiming to hit the doctor?
And for spiffy, i remember seeing posts stating that he was scummy on d1.

Last time I played this, i was scum (ice mafia, in fact) so I think I could actually offer a viewpoint that nobody else is willing to state because, well, they'd reveal themselves as scum.

As ice mafia, my partner and I planned to kill a fire mafia as soon as possible and then go straight for people who we thought were townies, aiming to lynch/nk the second one later.
The fire mafia actually employed a different strategy - they went for the doctor (and killed both me and my partner in the process -_-). Funnily enough, they didn't ever hit the doctor - I did on the last night i was alive.

so, B_T was lurky but seemed townie-ish, and Spiffy was kinda scummy?
perhaps the team that killed spiffy was employing the strategy the ice mafia did in our game, and perhaps the team that killed B_T was employing the strategy that the fire mafia did.

Perhaps the strategy i'm talking about doesn't make sense to you guys, but I think it could be possible reasoning for the kills.
uh, nobody talked about this. Is it because its terrible reasoning, or because nobody wants to talk about this? Would appreciate a reply.

Sorry I haven't posted (family problems) and I won't be able to post more today because I had to do university transfer applications and they took a completely unexpected amount of time. I was also waiting for rssp1 to actually participate in the game but have been monitoring it daily.

rssp1
Quick summary of thoughts: DLE and UTO/Walrein (and now yourself, so, like, those are the two people that are realistically going to be lynched other than you) are current priorities for lynches, how do you review the arguments against them and come up with a nullread? If you feel there are points that make them appear town and points that make them appear mafia list them, it is incredibly shady to not provide thoughts on them when they are up for a lynch and how you feel about that lynch and so we have comments to infer from should they die and flip.

Especially with the refusal to commit to why Yeti and I (and Sam, I guess) are scummy beyond 'we're playing in an aggressively pro-town manner'. How can you do that and then have NO opinion on Da Letter El? Also, how do you feel about Celever now he tried to lynch you?

Ironically I have been increasingly suspecting rssp1 since they subbed in, but the complete apathy towards DLE and UTO, who are the only likely lynch candidates aside from themselves (and maybe acidphoenix, who they didn't reiterate the lynch vote on in an overly defensive manner post-Celever snap), seems like an excessively risky noobtownishness to me. The only other alternative would be that they are partners, but since the scums are 2/2 then that doesn't explain why rssp1 didn't pick one and lynch them. If anyone disagrees with my interpretation of the thinking behind this behaviour I'd like to hear it.

Celever is only making himself look scummier. First 'I don't analyse posts but general patterns' but has nothing to say about U-Turn Out despite me laying out the exact patterns but then gets into another pedantry war with UTO in the exact manner he did with Gale Wing Srock. The sudden lynch on rssp1 after that fight with UTO is unsubstantiated on Celever's part (it is just a jump on sunny's post) and strikes me as absurd. Celever has done nothing but completely crawl up to sunny since sunny subbed in for PokeguyNXB in what I see as a transparent attempt to avoid having to engage seriously with Yeti and me. I'll state it bluntly and antagonistically since I'm sleep deprived again: Celever, why do you only choose to engage in extended discourse with players that are parallel to or beneath your experience level? Why do you shy away evasively from conversations with me? Explain to me why you chose rssp1 and not U-Turn Out or even Da Letter El or acidphoenix. Explain to me why you chose to side with sunny's accusation of rssp1 and not Yeti's. How do you feel about rssp1 arguing you are townie?

Subs and host and acidphoenix are holding up the game by not posting their reads (except for the host).

My current opinion of the scumteams is something like

DLE/Celever
U-Turn Out/acidphoenix

with a possibility that Celever and acidphoenix are interchanged.

I'm town, Yeti and UncleSam are almost certainly town, sunny is probably town, the last town member is rssp1 or, far less likely, exceptionally terrible acidphoenix. I allow for small possibility DLE is town if US is scum, and if US is scum UTO is likelier to be town as well with a downgrade on rssp1 or sunny. Celever, DLE, acidphoenix, and UTO are my scumreads. I would be interested in further input on Celever.

I can and will post reasons when I get sleep but I find what Celever is doing remarkable and felt the need to post that before leaving

Sorry I haven't posted (family problems) and I won't be able to post more today because I had to do university transfer applications and they took a completely unexpected amount of time. I was also waiting for rssp1 to actually participate in the game but have been monitoring it daily.

rssp1
Quick summary of thoughts: DLE and UTO/Walrein (and now yourself, so, like, those are the two people that are realistically going to be lynched other than you) are current priorities for lynches, how do you review the arguments against them and come up with a nullread? If you feel there are points that make them appear town and points that make them appear mafia list them, it is incredibly shady to not provide thoughts on them when they are up for a lynch and how you feel about that lynch and so we have comments to infer from should they die and flip.

Especially with the refusal to commit to why Yeti and I (and Sam, I guess) are scummy beyond 'we're playing in an aggressively pro-town manner'. How can you do that and then have NO opinion on Da Letter El? Also, how do you feel about Celever now he tried to lynch you?

Ironically I have been increasingly suspecting rssp1 since they subbed in, but the complete apathy towards DLE and UTO, who are the only likely lynch candidates aside from themselves (and maybe acidphoenix, who they didn't reiterate the lynch vote on in an overly defensive manner post-Celever snap), seems like an excessively risky noobtownishness to me. The only other alternative would be that they are partners, but since the scums are 2/2 then that doesn't explain why rssp1 didn't pick one and lynch them. If anyone disagrees with my interpretation of the thinking behind this behaviour I'd like to hear it.
It's not that I see points that make them town and points that make them mafia, i'm getting literally nothing in terms of town/scum from their posts so i'm nullreading them.
I mean I COULD look back and stare at each post they've made and each post about them, but i don't think it would make that large of a difference.
I also never said that you guys are scummy (maybe I used incorrect wording), I just said that I think Celever is townier and that i'm mistrustful of you/Yeti/UncleSam - not that I think you're scum.

I am waiting for The Diabolic Gift to either acknowledge this game and set a deadline accordingly or for something to happen that convinces me to place an explicitly finalised vote (rssp1 and sunny voting would be a good start). At the moment there are two votes on U-Turn Out and one on rssp1. Neither are providing good defences or further engaging with the lynch. Yeti (who is busy lately) and I, judging from her last post, want to lynch Da Letter El. I conjecture in the absence of her actual opinion that she feels similarly to me about the UTO lynch, in that our hands are being forced by Sam and DLE, which does not sit right with me. She has not stated what she actually feels about the UTO lynch itself on its own merits recently iirc.

I am considering lynching U-Turn Out if we cannot get majority onto Da Letter El, but do not want to be forced into what I view as a less useful lynch because of the host's ineptitude and DLE's aggression. sunny and Celever need to respond to the posts about them. UncleSam has stated his vote is a pressure vote but will not move it unless U-Turn Out provides a moving defence, and at this point I consider it a final lynch vote operatively. I will not vote for rssp1 at this stage, but if rssp1 does not state their preferred lynch target I cannot interpret that as anything but scumplay (it appears to be acidphoenix implicitly though). Alternatively, we can all just lynch acidphoenix and call the game a wrap. I've had a ridiculous week and now have to finish my homework and don't have time to sit around prodding evasive people when they literally ignore me (Celever, answer for that goddamn lynch on rssp1). Actually, I would also be happy to lynch Celever given the right people are happy with this lynch, but I do not see it likely that the vote will shift from U-Turn Out to Celever in a way that I do not suspect is scummy. sunny004, you need to comment on who is scum or at least vote for this town to move again.

In conclusion, lynch priorities: Da Letter El > U-Turn Out >> acidphoenix >>> Celever

But all four are ultimately fine with me because I am positive 1/2 (or 2/4 as you like) of them are scum, confident 3/4 of them are scum, and suspect I am right about 4/4. acidphoenix would be the most useless lynch of those tbh but I'm surer about them than Celever. I am entering a second-guess phase due to the stagnation of this game, which usually leads to awful play on my part when I have already considered those possibilities, so I am not going to change my opinions until anything new happens.

This game being on hold is terrible for me, in a few weeks I will be away for five days in residence at my university and have neither time nor energy for the internet. However all my opinions have been clearly stated and even summarised if you look back through my posts should I die or be temporarily inactive.

For the moment, however,

Lynch Da Letter El

Feel free to add your votes, I want to see some of you put your money where your mouth is when it comes to DLE, or indeed any target at all. Consult my post history if you want to see why I'm lynching DLE, or play a WIFOM game, as you wish. sunny004 rssp1 acidphoenix Celever

The Diabolic Gift, are you going to sub acidphoenix or not? Deadline y/n?

And so sunny can stop making excuses:

Unofficial vote count:
U-Turn Out (2): Da Letter El, UncleSam
rssp1 (1): Celever
Da Letter El (1): jumpluff
No votes (5): Yeti, sunny004, rssp1, U-Turn Out, acidphoenix

Correct me if I'm wrong and have made a terrible mistake.

Player list (strikethroughs are dead, italicised are subbed out):

acidphoenix
ButteredToast - Town, killed Night 1
Celever
Da Letter El
Gale Wings Srock - Town, godkilled Day 2
Haunted Diamond - Town, lynched Day 1
Cancerous -> jumpluff
The Idiotic One -> Spiffy - Town, killed Night 1
PokeguyNXB -> sunny004
THE_IRON_...KENYAN? -> UltrasPlot -> rssp1
UncleSam
Hannahh -> Walrein -> U-Turn Out
Yeti

Remaining: 2 Fire Mafia, 2 Ice Mafia, 5 Town

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
@The Diabolic Gift
People were calling for a deadline to be set so we had to finalize a lynch and end the day, not a sudden deadline that screws us over. Village needs to lynch, you can't just rob us of the opportunity to do so. We would have determined a target. This is just lol looks like u didn't have enough on everyone when I randomly called day over, gg!!!

What.

Please end the day in 48 hours so we can set a lynch and hopefully/probably hit scum. Not now, this is an absurd move.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
For some reason I feel like The Diabolic Gift is just going to ignore us and carry on with a completely out of the blue and early Night 2, which basically means we lose, after the inappropriate modkilling of Gale. Does he just not want the town to win?

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If this day isn't extended then I propose that we just set an internal deadline (personally I'd like deadline to be at 5 PM Saturday CST, or 24 hours from this post), keep talking, and ignore the mod. We all send our roles to a neutral third party (LightWolf? billymills?) and they host it from here.

I'd even be down to have Walrein finish hosting this because there's no room for hosting bias in a game like this (outside of lolmodkill, loldayends, etc.) which he wouldn't do regardless of whatever he was/UTO is.

Lol, I woke that up, thought I was dreaming, went back to sleep.. nah this is the worst hosting we've seen in Circus for awhile, sorry. You have experienced players and experienced hosts in here telling you what to do and ignore them then abruptly end the day without warning after a series of biased and sloppy hosting decisions and refusal to even update the playerlist. Jesus Christ. Ask for a cohost. This day has dragged on so excessively long because of the host's slowness to respond. I shouldn't have even been subbed in.

Agreed with the proposition that unless the host amends this deadline within like an hour we should just find a new host and continue the game in another thread. They were already ignoring us about subs and deadlines anyway. The only person I am concerned about is acidphoenix, but the host can sub out acidphoenix if he doesn't respond to contact, and assuming acidphoenix is scum his partner can rat him out, and if he is somehow town it will be obvious to the host. I would be happy for billy, LightWolf, Walrein, or anyone else competent who didn't play or was subbed out of this game or who is dead (by this I mean Spiffy maybe) to take over the game.

I want a 48 hour deadline from recommencement of the game to allow everyone to place their votes and submit their roles to the new host btw. I do not believe everyone will have voted within 48 hours.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Holy crap, this game is a total mess O_O if you'd like i could take over or be a cohost.. i'd much prefer hosting an NOC to playing it and this game desperately needs help now

If this day isn't extended then I propose that we just set an internal deadline (personally I'd like deadline to be at 5 PM Saturday CST, or 24 hours from this post), keep talking, and ignore the mod. We all send our roles to a neutral third party (LightWolf? billymills?) and they host it from here.

I'd even be down to have Walrein finish hosting this because there's no room for hosting bias in a game like this (outside of lolmodkill, loldayends, etc.) which he wouldn't do regardless of whatever he was/UTO is.
I can do this.

However I'd need everyone to PM me their roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)