VGC VGC 2015 Trick Room Team

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
A Trick Room Team with Escavalier. He is slightly underused but certaintly packs a punch escpecially under Trick Room.

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
Nature: Brave
EVS: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def. 0 Speed IVS

-Megahorn
-Iron Head
-Drill Run
-Knock Off

Escavalier is the pokemon I knew I wanted on the team. It has amazing coverage and bulk and with the Overcoat ability it can check Amoonguss. Megahorn is a very powerful STAB and the best way to kill Amoonguss, Cresselia and Ludicolo. Iron Head OHKOs max HP/0 Def Sylveon as well as doing crazy damage to Clefairy and Clefable. Under Trick Room Escavalier can outspeed and KO Heatran with Drill Run. Knock Off is used to hit ghost types like Gengar and Aegislash for alot of damage. The EVS let you hit hard and be bulky.

Jellicent @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Cursed Body
Nature: Quiet
EVS: 252 HP / 244 SpAtk / 12 SpDef. 0 Speed IVS

-Water Spout
-Shadow Ball
-Trick Room
-Recover

Jellicent is the Trick Room setter for this team as it is immune to Fake Out. Water Spout is a great move especially with Recover as under Trick Room Jellicent can get a big Water Spout before taking damage. Shadow Ball is the second STAB move 2HKOing max SpDef Jellicent and getting the KO on Gengar. Trick Room lets most of the team outspeed and will most of the time be able to get it off. Recover lets you heal up and get a stronger Water Spout. 12 SpDef lets you survive max SpAtk Gengar Shadow Ball and let you get up Trick Room.

Rotom-H @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
EVS: 252 HP / 116 SpAtk / 140 Spe.

-Overheat
-Thunderbot
-Will-O-Wisp
-Protect

Rotom-H is a great pokemon for Trick Room teams as it works well in and out of Trick Room. Overheat can pick up the KO on Bisharp and Metagross as well as some of the less SpDef invested Amoonguss. Even if it doesn't KO Amoonguss it is immune to Spore and Rage Powder. Thunderbolt helps with lots of Water types like Politoed, Suicune and even Rotom-W. Will-OWisp helps with Kangaskhan and opposing Mawile and Landorus-T. Protect is Protect which can save you from an attack headed your way. 252 HP gives you plenty of bulk while 140 Speed lets you outspeed Adamant Bisharp outside of Trick Room while outspeeding Kangaskhan and Metagross in Trick Room.

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Relaxed
252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpDef. 0 Speed IVS

Giga Drain
Spore
Rage Powder
Protect

Amoonguss is a monster under Trick Room with redirection and a crazy fast Spore. Giga Drain is great for picking off bulky water types as well as Terrakion and Gengar. Spore is 100% accurate and puts the target to sleep. Rage powder helps to setup Trick Room by keeping Jellicent alive. Protect helps alot with the mushroom as it is a huge pain and people will double target it. It's EVS let it survive a Jolly Entei Sacred Fire and a max SpAtk Heatran Heat Wave.

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimdate
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def. 0 Speed IVS

-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
-Knock Off
-Fake Out

Scrafty is another helper to setup Trick Room and Check Kangaskhan. Drain Punch is a great healing move which can 2HKO Kangaskhan and Heatran. Ice Punch if not Intimidated can OHKO Salalmence and Landorus-T. Knock Off can 2HKO Shield Form Aegislash and do lots of damage to most Cresselia. Fake Out helps with Trick Room setup and shutting down opponents.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate-Huge Power
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def. 0 Speed IVS

-Play Rough
-Sucker Punch
-Iron Head
-Protect

Mega Mawile is awesome because it checks Dragons and Fairies at the same time while being crazy strong. Play Rough hits like a truck, it can OHKO Scrafty, Salamence, Terrakion you name it. Sucker Punch gives you priority which really helps outside of Trick Room and to pick up KOs on pokemon you whittled down. Iron Head is a second STAB move that is 100% accurate and has a nice Flinch chance. It helps with Fairy and Rock type coverage checking Sylveon and Tyranitar. Protect helps avoid attack directed at Mawile. Its EVS let it hit hard and stay alive.

Well that is the team, Enjoy :D

Last edited:

Mishimono

mish mish
Holy crap that was supposed to be Lum Berry on Scrafty. Well to tell you the truth I haven't tested with Scrafty I was using Conkeldurr. So I guess maybe I should test with Scrafty.
(Edit) Tested on Pokemon Showdown now seems okay. Except maybe the fire weakness.

Last edited:

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just a quick suggestion, but I think you should go Life Orb or Lum Berry instead of Assault Vest on Escavalier, so that you can use Protect over Knock Off. With Protect on turns you need to setup Trick Room to save Escavalier from having to take damage before it can attack, and the increase in damage from Life Orb also helps you get the most out of your Trick Room turns. Both also give you a little buffer against Will-o-Wisp users if you can predict right, or by just ignoring the initial status which is always a plus. This also frees up the Assault Vest if you want to use that on Scrafty, to make it a bulkier lead for your initial setter.

Just my two cents anyway.

Well, then the details on the team:
Escavalier: I can't change much here
Jellicent: It's OK for the role it fits.
Rotom-H: For the role that it should accomplish, an EV spread of 116 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 4 SpD / 140 Spe Modest Nature might be better. The EVs allow you to outspeed Bisharp by 2 points, creeping most Heatran and Arcanine in the process, which you want to outspeed to damage them before they move.
Also, give it the Expert Belt and replace Will-O-Wisp with Hidden Power Ice. These changes lets you OHKO Mega Metagross, Amoonguss, Bisharp, and most notably, Salamence and Aegislash. Your team has an awful weakness to Salamence, specially the Fire Blast versions, even with Mawile. Double Edge can 2HKO some Rotom-H variants, not to mention Hyper Voice being a threat. Your Jellicent speed ties with min speed Aegislash, which means it either OHKOs you with LO Shadow Ball, or you do not enough damage and risk setting a Weakness Policy. Rotom-H provides a more solid option for Aegislash outside of Trick Room with this set, which your team can and will appreciate.
Amoonguss: The EV spread details should add the most important fact: Survives Jolly Mega Metagross' Zen Headbutt. That's mainly what the EV spread is made for.
Scrafty: With the AV back into Scrafty, stuff gets fun. The EV spread on Scrafty is decent, but i personally reccomend 244 HP / 36 Atk / 164 Def / 4 SpA / 60 SpD with a Relaxed Nature. This allows you to take Mega Charizard Y's Overheat in the sun, which is really important for a TR Mega Mawile team, and survive Terrakion's Close Combat without the Intimidate, which i don't find important given that your team can handle Terrakion rather nicely, but a benchmark is still a benchmark.
Mawile: As a nitpick, i'd reccomend running 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 Sp.Def. A nitpick as i said, survives Heatran's Heat Wave 100% of the time. Nothing big, but as i stated earlier, a benchmark is a benchmark

Well, good luck with your team!
- Skarm

Edit: btw, how succesful has been Ice Punch on Scrafty? Since Super Fang is also an option, too.

Mishimono

mish mish
Ice Punch is helping on Landorus but I could try Super Fang. Well now I got to find an HP Ice Rotom so that is something.

(Edit) So the Assault Vest is back on Scrafty right.

Last edited:

Mishimono

mish mish
Well, then the details on the team:
Escavalier: I can't change much here
Jellicent: It's OK for the role it fits.
Rotom-H: For the role that it should accomplish, an EV spread of 116 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 4 SpD / 140 Spe Modest Nature might be better. The EVs allow you to outspeed Bisharp by 2 points, creeping most Heatran and Arcanine in the process, which you want to outspeed to damage them before they move.
Also, give it the Expert Belt and replace Will-O-Wisp with Hidden Power Ice. These changes lets you OHKO Mega Metagross, Amoonguss, Bisharp, and most notably, Salamence and Aegislash. Your team has an awful weakness to Salamence, specially the Fire Blast versions, even with Mawile. Double Edge can 2HKO some Rotom-H variants, not to mention Hyper Voice being a threat. Your Jellicent speed ties with min speed Aegislash, which means it either OHKOs you with LO Shadow Ball, or you do not enough damage and risk setting a Weakness Policy. Rotom-H provides a more solid option for Aegislash outside of Trick Room with this set, which your team can and will appreciate.
Amoonguss: The EV spread details should add the most important fact: Survives Jolly Mega Metagross' Zen Headbutt. That's mainly what the EV spread is made for.
Scrafty: With the AV back into Scrafty, stuff gets fun. The EV spread on Scrafty is decent, but i personally reccomend 244 HP / 36 Atk / 164 Def / 4 SpA / 60 SpD with a Relaxed Nature. This allows you to take Mega Charizard Y's Overheat in the sun, which is really important for a TR Mega Mawile team, and survive Terrakion's Close Combat without the Intimidate, which i don't find important given that your team can handle Terrakion rather nicely, but a benchmark is still a benchmark.
Mawile: As a nitpick, i'd reccomend running 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 Sp.Def. A nitpick as i said, survives Heatran's Heat Wave 100% of the time. Nothing big, but as i stated earlier, a benchmark is a benchmark

Well, good luck with your team!
- Skarm

Edit: btw, how succesful has been Ice Punch on Scrafty? Since Super Fang is also an option, too.
After playing with this team it seems quite good but I have a bit of a weakness to Arcanine, Rotom-H. What pokemon(s) would you recommend changing?

Its pretty strange given that Arcanine not only gets walled by Rotom, Jellicent should be able to handle it. Maybe changing Jellicent to a defensive variant?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)