Doubles UU Minitour (won by moods)

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
literally nobody approved this what are u gonna do abt it
How to participate:
  • Mini-Tournaments are run just like an official Smogon tournament. The first thread/post posted is the sign-ups. During the sign-ups you post "in".
  • The Rounds will last 4 days from the second the round is posted here in the Doubles sub-forum. At the end of the allotted time, unfinished matches at the deadline will decided by coin flip. Exception: If you contacted your opponent but they do not respond by the day before the deadline, then if that match does not get completed you will win by activity.
Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
Circuit Mini-Tournaments Rules:
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.
  • This is a single elimination, best-of-one tournament.
  • You may switch your team between rounds if you wish to.
Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Moves Clause
  • Evasion Abilities Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Moody Clause
  • Soul Dew Clause
  • Endless Battle Clause
  • HP Percentage Mod
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview

post "in" itt to sign up
Signups end Saturday, August 8th, 11:59 PM
please do not post if you are not signing up

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)