Programming UPDATE Nov 20th: Updated with Sun&Moon sprites and Z-Moves!. Showdown App for Android (beta)

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Ok have been using app, and these are the only things I noticed so far:
  • List the Pokemon names in alphabetical order, or by tier like on the actual server.
  • Make it that only legal moves and abilities are shown to the mon in teambuilder (except in BH), and list them alphabetically.
  • Overall just list everything alphabetically so it is easier getting around.
Besides that everything is fine. Keep up the good work :)

Ok have been using app, and these are the only things I noticed so far:
  • List the Pokemon names in alphabetical order, or by tier like on the actual server.
  • Make it that only legal moves and abilities are shown to the mon in teambuilder (except in BH), and list them alphabetically.
  • Overall just list everything alphabetically so it is easier getting around.
Besides that everything is fine. Keep up the good work :)
Thanks for the ideas. I'll see what I can do to make the teambuilder a better experience.

There we go, done. Everything is sorted alphabetically for now, and only correct moves shows up for your pokemon (youcan search for illegal moves). https://github.com/NamTThai/PokemonShowdownAndroidClient/pull/102

We'll probably ship that out with the chatroom crash fix

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey one quick thing I wouldn't mind asking for, I don't have a decent phone but I do have smogon social media access. If not already done could you make it clearer that smogon and PS staff itself don't run the app and that you guys here do? Would appreciate, cheers.

Hey one quick thing I wouldn't mind asking for, I don't have a decent phone but I do have smogon social media access. If not already done could you make it clearer that smogon and PS staff itself don't run the app and that you guys here do? Would appreciate, cheers.
Alright we'll add that in the next version.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
whenever i try to pick moves for a few pokemon, lando-t and mega ttar being the only ones i know of, the app crashes. i dont go to the move selection page, i simply tap an empty moveslot and the app crashes. actually even if the pokemon has a move there, and you tap that move, the same thing happens

but it doesnt exactly crash either. it goes back to the menu screen but where u cant find battles so you're forces to kill app anyways.

attachin pics (in chronological order)
Screenshot_2015-08-18-00-07-17.png
Screenshot_2015-08-18-00-07-33.png
Screenshot_2015-08-18-00-07-47.png

whenever i try to pick moves for a few pokemon, lando-t and mega ttar being the only ones i know of, the app crashes. i dont go to the move selection page, i simply tap an empty moveslot and the app crashes. actually even if the pokemon has a move there, and you tap that move, the same thing happens

but it doesnt exactly crash either. it goes back to the menu screen but where u cant find battles so you're forces to kill app anyways.

attachin pics (in chronological order) View attachment 48176 View attachment 48177 View attachment 48178
I've reproduced the bug (learnsets for pokemons wth different forms doenst work), will fix asap.

Just create your team on the web client and import in the meantime.

EDIT : fixed, waiting for merge then we'll release, hopefully with challenges

Last edited:
Reactions: Srn
Hey, I found a problem with the app where trying to chose a move for certain pokemon like Tornadus-T amd keldeo resolute disconnects the app for some reason even though normal keldeo works fine. Then you have to restart the app to be able to find battles :\

Edit: ninja'd. Will PMs be implemented soon too?

Hey, I found a problem with the app where trying to chose a move for certain pokemon like Tornadus-T amd keldeo resolute disconnects the app for some reason even though normal keldeo works fine. Then you have to restart the app to be able to find battles :\

Edit: ninja'd. Will PMs be implemented soon too?
Can't say for PM's yet. Shouldnt be too hard though (implementation wise).

The challenges will be available soonish (tommorow or later) Navy , Just need to wait for the apk

Update should be rolling out, hopefully challenging doenst break everything.

You can challenge from the main page and the community lounge (by clicking on an username)

Last edited:

Ridaz

Don't @ me
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
Just a nitpick but, why the "Find Battle" font white, and the "Watch Battle" and "Challenge" fonts black?

Is it a typo or is there no more space?

Last edited:
How to download and install:
(1) Step 1: Enable installation from Unknown sources by going to Settings > Security > Unknown sources
(2) Step 2: Go this this link: http://spo.ink/psandroid and download the apk.
File size is about 5.5MB.
(3) Step 3: Open the downloaded .apk file to install the application. If for some reasons, you cannot open the .apk file, you can use an apk installer: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.graphilos.apkinst&hl=en

Showdown! (beta) 1.2 available:
* Challenges
* Fixes teambuilder learnset crash

Known bugs
* Anything goes doesn't work well with multiple species

Old releases notes (1.1 upwards) :
* http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-for-android-beta.3526473/page-8#post-6153611

What's next :
* Replay player
* Option to report a bug to us

Final note :
* WE ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH SMOGON OR POKEMON SHOWDOWN.
* IF A BUG OCCURS IN THE APP, REPORT IT HERE, DO NOT BOTHER ANYONE ELSE

Last edited:

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Just a small other nitpick. Can you list the mons by tier like on the actual server in the teambuilder. Besides that everything looks perfect. Keep up great work :)

Could you make any ability selectable in the team builder? It could be just a button that said "Other ability" when selecting the Pokémon.
I imported a Balanced Hackmons team, and all the abilities were wrong. It's a shame. :/

Anyway, it's an amazing app, thank you for making this!

Edit: Also, it would be nice to have fast scroll (that bar at the right that lets you scroll quickly on Android apps) on the list of Pokémon and items and the Dexes.

Long-clicking a move on the builder and on battle should give you its detailed description, too.

Finally, it would be nice to be able to search moves by type and by whether they are physical, special or effect moves. Sorting Pokémon by tier, type and any stat would also be useful.

As a bug report, there are some legal moves that didn't appear on a Pokémon page, like Ice Shard on Cloyster.

Sorry for the length, but I thought I would suggest everything I can think of to make the app better.

Last edited:
Could you make any ability selectable in the team builder? It could be just a button that said "Other ability" when selecting the Pokémon.
I imported a Balanced Hackmons team, and all the abilities were wrong. It's a shame. :/

Anyway, it's an amazing app, thank you for making this!

Edit: Also, it would be nice to have fast scroll (that bar at the right that lets you scroll quickly on Android apps) on the list of Pokémon and items and the Dexes.

Long-clicking a move on the builder and on battle should give you its detailed description, too.

Finally, it would be nice to be able to search moves by type and by whether they are physical, special or effect moves. Sorting Pokémon by tier, type and any stat would also be useful.

As a bug report, there are some legal moves that didn't appear on a Pokémon page, like Ice Shard on Cloyster.

Sorry for the length, but I thought I would suggest everything I can think of to make the app better.
Thanks for all the ideas.

And also for the bug report, indeed, we should take into account moves learned by evolutions, fixed

Sorry about hackmons I'm unaware on how it works, I'll take a look

Last edited:
Screenshot_2015-08-23-22-09-39.png Screenshot_2015-08-23-22-11-40.png Screenshot_2015-08-23-22-18-36.png

The app won't let me log in. It repeatedly tells me my name is registered. When I enter my password it just repeats that the username is taken. When I try to hit the trainer button it says that I have no internet connection when I clearly do. Please tell me how I can log in.

View attachment 48404 View attachment 48402 View attachment 48403

The app won't let me log in. It repeatedly tells me my name is registered. When I enter my password it just repeats that the username is taken. When I try to hit the trainer button it says that I have no internet connection when I clearly do. Please tell me how I can log in.
Hello. I'll try to reproduce, it is a weird bug you have there.

For the other bugs/suggestions i'll probably have an update bythe end of the week

Last edited:
Hey man the app has been great since the addition of challenges but I'd like to ask if it isn't too much to allow for screen rotation because having a fixed screen has been annoying at times. Even so thanks for the amazing work you two have put into this :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)