New Pokémon silhouette leak (maybe Zygarde form?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've never actually added a completely new Pokémon in the middle of a generation. Not one. Single. Time.

Why start now? That would create a host of compatibility problems. I don't think we're going to be playing with this new Pokémon this generation, and what, this thing is a little form like Phione is to Manaphy? This little guy and Zygarde look WAY different compared to the former two.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
They've never actually added a completely new Pokémon in the middle of a generation. Not one. Single. Time. Why start now? That would create a host of compatibility problems.
My username was Cobraroll until I took up a bet on that. Okay, it was for moves, but the logic still seemed... so... s-s-s-sooooound! *sobs* (on second thoughts, though, I like the new username)

But I'd take the bet again. Inter-game communication would run into a pretty major problem if one of the games had a Pokémon the other did not. GameFreak did screw over some compatibility between ORAS and XY, but I don't think they'd take it to that step yet. Besides, there's precedence all the way back to Togepi of introducing certain Pokémon a generation early. This thing seems to be a Generational Preview Pokémon, just like they've made them for many years now.

Then again, Bonsly was playable in XD...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Sorta. It was only for its Battle Bingo Card, only knows Rock Slide, and its base stats are off according to a thread I found. It was more of a glorified cameo than anything else, it's honestly no different from the PokeStar Studios opponent's. In addition to being isolated XD was a side game and you sent a copy of your Pokemon into it to battle with them in there while what it puts into your game was just some prizes and Pokemon. In other words even if Bonsly could battle outside the Battle Bingo (which there's enough data that it could) there would be no connectivity/compatibility issue.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How do you guys think Zygarde will be mega-ing (seems pretty obv that's what's going on now)? I think it's going to be akin to Mega Ray, with Zyg possibly even having a second Mega forme for Twaves / Tarrows.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I think the LGG might have something to do with it, maybe having an item you need, or like you said with it having fervent like with Rayquaza.
Ooh, that's an interesting idea. Needing another Pokemon in order to Mega Evolve a certain Pokemon. Would certainly add a different restriction besides needing to use an Item Slot or Move Slot. But of course that would still mean adding in a new Pokemon which for now I'm going to say no to unless proved otherwise (I'm perfectly willing to accept it as a possibility, but I just can't bring myself to thinking GF would make such a move which would go against the Pokemon Model they created. New Mega Evolutions is already pushing it).

But whatever the case I agree with brightobject, Zygarde can't be restricted by holding an item. It's meant to be a balancing force between Xerneas and Yveltal like Rayquaza is to Groudon and Kyogre. It needs as much power as it could get so can't be restricted in a way that would prevent it from getting more power. It's already 80 points behind the ones its suppose to be balancing, but if they do a Mega Rayqauza by having it Mega Evolve by just knowing a certain move and also having Xerneas and Yveltal carry an item like normal Mega Pokemon or the Primal Reversions it could help it even the scale a bit. Hey, maybe we even know what those moves are, Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows may not be Dragon Ascent in term of power but their secondary effect would certainly teach Xerneas and Yveltal a lesson.

My username was Cobraroll until I took up a bet on that. Okay, it was for moves, but the logic still seemed... so... s-s-s-sooooound! *sobs* (on second thoughts, though, I like the new username)

But I'd take the bet again. Inter-game communication would run into a pretty major problem if one of the games had a Pokémon the other did not. GameFreak did screw over some compatibility between ORAS and XY, but I don't think they'd take it to that step yet. Besides, there's precedence all the way back to Togepi of introducing certain Pokémon a generation early. This thing seems to be a Generational Preview Pokémon, just like they've made them for many years now.

Might I ask exactly what this wager was for?

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Actually actually... since they are marketing Substitute plush in Pokemon Center... maybe this little Green blob thing isn't a Pokemon?
It could be from anything like an item, to Zygarde's personal substitute.

Oh well, that's just a wild guess.
Because I find it strange-- no Japanese text refers this thing as a Pokemon!

Someone from Pokebeach
When you look at Zygarde's special moves "Thousand Waves" and "Thousand Arrows" he may be sending out thousands of these little guys to attack.

Actually actually... since they are marketing Substitute plush in Pokemon Center... maybe this little Green blob thing isn't a Pokemon?
It could be from anything like an item, to Zygarde's personal substitute.

Oh well, that's just a wild guess.
And yet the scenes from that upcoming TV special seems to indicate that they are thinking, feeling beings, not items, and even you saw that there is more than one of them.

So what, there is more than one of these new items that can show facial expressions? Wieerd!

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
And yet the scenes from that upcoming TV special seems to indicate that they are thinking, feeling beings, not items, and even you saw that there is more than one of them.

So what, there is more than one of these new items that can show facial expressions? Wieerd!
No, my main point is that they are not Pokemon, but something else. I wouldn't know what it is.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Someone from Pokebeach
When you look at Zygarde's special moves "Thousand Waves" and "Thousand Arrows" he may be sending out thousands of these little guys to attack.
So like what Vespiquen does with Combee? Possibly, but as everyone is noting they're making quite the deal about them and it would be pretty disappointing if they just turned out to be minions Zygarde use to just attack with. In addition Combee is still a Pokemon.

I think we've have yet again hit another closed gate on this path. Honestly we didn't even get that far besides knowing there is more than one of them (and maybe a general idea of its size, but I didn't think it would be that big considering its design anyway). And with us finding out nothing else about the giant silhouette either I think we'd need to wait another month for hopefully more news than "this thing exists". This CoroCoro was more about Super Mystery Dungeon anyway so fans of that series can take something out of it.

I think Zygarde is going to pull a Kyurem on us rather than a Rayquaza. Mega evolution would only allow it to hit a BST of 700 + potentially an item (if the moves are the key to its MEvo). I think they should just go ahead and give Zygarde 2 different forms, each at 700 BST to outdo Xerneas and Yveltal. This way it gets two different ways to shine, assuming that each forme takes a different stat route.

On the other hand, GF is drawing alot of parallels between Kalos and Hoenn. Pokemon of life and death vs pokemon of beginning (alpha) and end (omega). An arbiter for the trio who's ability serves to negate or even weaken that of the other two (Aura break vs. Air lock / Delta stream). The Red / Blue / Green color scheme is unmistakable. Zinnia, a dragon master, is nowhere to be found after her role with Rayquaza, and Zygarde is also a dragon. And of course Ray is the dragon of the ozone while Zygarde lives underground. Rayquaza's mega evolution comes about as a connection with the people of Hoenn, so it could make sense that Zygarde would have a similar schtick to help it check Xerneas and Yveltal. Just please give it an ability that triggers inverse battle rules on the field.

There's alot that could be done here. My personal theory? We'll see an OmegaX and AlphaY sort of deal. In OmegaX, Groudon's awakening in Hoenn altered the climate and ecosystem such that many Kalos pokemon are having difficulty surviving, which is only made worse because the capture of Xerneas in the original X lessens the influence of its life force on the region. The ecosystem is on the brink of collapse as it can't support all of the pokemon (hopefully some new ones) in Kalos. Meanwhile, AlphaY sees a new beginning from Kyogre's awakening, and the capture of Yveltal in the original Y leaves Xerneas' influence unopposed. Life is flourishing, but hits a breakpoint where natural resources will soon be depleted - the ecosystem is on the brink of collapse. In both cases, cue Zygarde and all that and that's how you tie together Hoenn and Kalos.

I think Zygarde is going to pull a Kyurem on us rather than a Rayquaza. Mega evolution would only allow it to hit a BST of 700 + potentially an item (if the moves are the key to its MEvo). I think they should just go ahead and give Zygarde 2 different forms, each at 700 BST to outdo Xerneas and Yveltal. This way it gets two different ways to shine, assuming that each forme takes a different stat route.

On the other hand, GF is drawing alot of parallels between Kalos and Hoenn. Pokemon of life and death vs pokemon of beginning (alpha) and end (omega). An arbiter for the trio who's ability serves to negate or even weaken that of the other two (Aura break vs. Air lock / Delta stream). The Red / Blue / Green color scheme is unmistakable. Zinnia, a dragon master, is nowhere to be found after her role with Rayquaza, and Zygarde is also a dragon. And of course Ray is the dragon of the ozone while Zygarde lives underground. Rayquaza's mega evolution comes about as a connection with the people of Hoenn, so it could make sense that Zygarde would have a similar schtick to help it check Xerneas and Yveltal. Just please give it an ability that triggers inverse battle rules on the field.

There's alot that could be done here. My personal theory? We'll see an OmegaX and AlphaY sort of deal. In OmegaX, Groudon's awakening in Hoenn altered the climate and ecosystem such that many Kalos pokemon are having difficulty surviving, which is only made worse because the capture of Xerneas in the original X lessens the influence of its life force on the region. The ecosystem is on the brink of collapse as it can't support all of the pokemon (hopefully some new ones) in Kalos. Meanwhile, AlphaY sees a new beginning from Kyogre's awakening, and the capture of Yveltal in the original Y leaves Xerneas' influence unopposed. Life is flourishing, but hits a breakpoint where natural resources will soon be depleted - the ecosystem is on the brink of collapse. In both cases, cue Zygarde and all that and that's how you tie together Hoenn and Kalos.
That is one of the best theories I've heard for this!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
I think we've have yet again hit another closed gate on this path. Honestly we didn't even get that far besides knowing there is more than one of them (and maybe a general idea of its size, but I didn't think it would be that big considering its design anyway). And with us finding out nothing else about the giant silhouette either I think we'd need to wait another month for hopefully more news than "this thing exists". This CoroCoro was more about Super Mystery Dungeon anyway so fans of that series can take something out of it.
Well... I agree with the general sentiment here, but I think I'll wait for CoroCoro to officially release before deciding whether to lock this thread. The past couple of generations or so, worldwide news releases have trailed pretty close to the Japanese ones (unlike, say, Diamond and Pearl which to my knowledge were revealed in Japan almost a year before they were elsewhere), so it might be possible that Pokemon.com will be dropping a teaser shortly after CoroCoro hits Japanese stores. GameFreak seems to have realized that major news from Japan will hit the Internet within minutes of publication (or a few days before, as seems to be the case with CoroCoro), so they've stopped the practise of letting the world wait for months after revealing something in Japan.

I love that post ! If only it could be true

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Well... I agree with the general sentiment here, but I think I'll wait for CoroCoro to officially release before deciding whether to lock this thread. The past couple of generations or so, worldwide news releases have trailed pretty close to the Japanese ones (unlike, say, Diamond and Pearl which to my knowledge were revealed in Japan almost a year before they were elsewhere), so it might be possible that Pokemon.com will be dropping a teaser shortly after CoroCoro hits Japanese stores. GameFreak seems to have realized that major news from Japan will hit the Internet within minutes of publication (or a few days before, as seems to be the case with CoroCoro), so they've stopped the practise of letting the world wait for months after revealing something in Japan.
I'm assuming whoever leaked this would have leaked more info if it was there (unless they got an early version which is missing information). However you're right about the sites possibly putting up something to analyze. Also I wasn't suggesting locking the thread, simply that unless someone has something different to say or bring up that no one else has there's really nothing left to discuss as of right now.

Interesting idea but that would assume catching Groudon/Kyogre in ORAS did nothing making the story of that game then feel kind of pointless. I already don't like the heavy emphasis of Kalos in ORAS to begin with. They felt very out of place, especially since the games are farthest from each other in the timeline (ORAS at the very beginning along with FRLG while XY all the way at the end with BW2). Plus both are far apart from each other, and while I'm sure the weather effects would have reached a global scale if not stopped, why would Kalos start being effected by it years later and before the Japanese regions?

While if they do sequels I do think the should focus on the affects of the Ultimate Weapon being fired, ORAS should be left out of it.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
I'm assuming whoever leaked this would have leaked more info if it was there (unless they got an early version which is missing information). However you're right about the sites possibly putting up something to analyze. Also I wasn't suggesting locking the thread, simply that unless someone has something different to say or bring up that no one else has there's really nothing left to discuss as of right now.
Oh, I'm not saying there is more - yet. I'm just saying that it's likely we'll see a worldwide introduction to this... thing soon enough. And that might include more info. GameFreak should know by now that every Pokémon fan with Internet access and knowledge of even one Pokémon fan site will catch the news pretty quickly, so once the cat's out of the bag in Japan, it's out everywhere, so there's no reason to withhold anything from the International scene.

Now, GameFreak doesn't recognize a cat as out of a bag until they've released it themselves, via official channels, but the publication of CoroCoro is one such cat-release. So once it's official in Japan, there's reason to believe it will be official worldwide before long.

Interesting idea but that would assume catching Groudon/Kyogre in ORAS did nothing making the story of that game then feel kind of pointless. I already don't like the heavy emphasis of Kalos in ORAS to begin with. They felt very out of place, especially since the games are farthest from each other in the timeline (ORAS at the very beginning along with FRLG while XY all the way at the end with BW2). Plus both are far apart from each other, and while I'm sure the weather effects would have reached a global scale if not stopped, why would Kalos start being effected by it years later and before the Japanese regions?

While if they do sequels I do think the should focus on the affects of the Ultimate Weapon being fired, ORAS should be left out of it.
The thing is, ORAS themselves admit to Groudon / Kyogre's effects on the climate being ultimately responsible for the presence of all the new pokemon in the Hoenn region via DexNav, so GF set themselves up quite nicely in that regard. The timeline also works well for it - knowing that the events of Hoenn occurs years before XY allows time for the ecosystem to be thrown out of wack using both the influence of Groudon / Kyogre and the influence of whichever Kalos legend wasn't captured in the originals (Yveltal in X2 and Xerneas in Y2), kind of like what happens with B2W2. The other regions aren't a part of this generation so they don't have any relevance to the story as is.

I personally don't see sequels following the ultimate weapon, which basically destroyed itself after Lysson fires it. There could be a faction of Team Flare left over in an attempt to revive it, but that may be difficult without their leader. I think the story of AZ will be more deeply explored along with Zygarde's influence. He finally repents at the end of XY, so maybe whatever role Zygarde plays helps him finally die in peace rather than continue to live an eternal life where he outlives everyone and everything he loves. Oh and here's hoping that Couriway Town's unused railway takes you to a completed Emerald Battle Frontier in Hoenn.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
The thing is, ORAS themselves admit to Groudon / Kyogre's effects on the climate being ultimately responsible for the presence of all the new pokemon in the Hoenn region via DexNav, so GF set themselves up quite nicely in that regard. The timeline also works well for it - knowing that the events of Hoenn occurs years before XY allows time for the ecosystem to be thrown out of wack using both the influence of Groudon / Kyogre and the influence of whichever Kalos legend wasn't captured in the originals (Yveltal in X2 and Xerneas in Y2), kind of like what happens with B2W2. The other regions aren't a part of this generation so they don't have any relevance to the story as is.

I personally don't see sequels following the ultimate weapon, which basically destroyed itself after Lysson fires it. There could be a faction of Team Flare left over in an attempt to revive it, but that may be difficult without their leader. I think the story of AZ will be more deeply explored along with Zygarde's influence. He finally repents at the end of XY, so maybe whatever role Zygarde plays helps him finally die in peace rather than continue to live an eternal life where he outlives everyone and everything he loves. Oh and here's hoping that Couriway Town's unused railway takes you to a completed Emerald Battle Frontier in Hoenn.
I'm not talking about reviving Ultimate Weapon, I'm talking about possible side effects after it was fired, but I'll get to that in a second.

First, you're telling me that something which happened years ago and thousands of miles away is affecting Kalos right at the moment instead of something which happened just there and presently? Of course Hoenn's climate is going to be drastically effected because in those games it just happened and we're in Hoenn. Also it happening in the past hurts it because any climate change, if there was which I doubt because even in Hoenn the extreme weather changes didn't stretch that far, would have already happened way before the events of XY. Why is just now Kalos is feeling the effects?

Back to my point, we can still have what you said happened, but instead of the Legendaries being involved (another problem with your idea, only BW really said anything about the mascot Legendaries being captured, in other games they treat the player catching Legendary Pokemon not part of canon) its instead the result of Lysandre firing the Ultimate Weapon. The Ultimate Weapon had enough power to wipe out TWO WHOLE ARMIES with just a single blast. In addition AZ just be near it gave him eternal life. And all this was done using the life force of normal Pokemon. Now think about what the Ultimate Weapon could do when you now combine that power with Legendary Pokemon, especially those of Life and Death Destruction! Even with the Ultimate Weapon having less than 1 percent power it was able to fire a shot strong enough to destroy itself. And if firing the Ultimate Weapon all those years ago caused the creation of Mega Stones then who's to say this time didn't also release energy into Kalos? But while the first time the energy was the life force of Pokemon this time its either the power of life and death. What if over the years that raw primordial energy started to cause things to start growing uncontrollably/dying and making places desolate? And the game story would be about trying to reverse what happened before it start affecting people and Pokemon. It'll of course involve Zygarde since the ecosystem is in danger from the power of Xerneas and Yveltal. And everything else they put in would be based around that like expanding on AZ' story (his Floette my be battlable or maybe even given to the player) and seeing what happened to the rest of Team Flare. What happened to the four scientist woman? And in Y its implied Lysandre may actually be alive but now immortal and buried alive... so what would happen if he was dug out? Personally I can totally see the four scientist woman digging up Lysandre, turning him into a cyborg, and him deciding if he can't change the world with the Ulimate Weapon he'll instead do so with Zygarde's power to reverse life and death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)