Fulgrate Art thread.

Here it is finished! My favorite thing to draw was the planet on the last page.

If you thought it was good, like and rate it in this link. : D

http://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/rayburst/ep-1/viewer?title_no=7230&episode_no=1

For the series icon, I just had the planet, but then I later super imposed some of the charactesr in the story over it. As you already know, I'm working on a game of the same name, which I will have ready later.

Preview of the next episode, and some extras like sprite bases for some characters in the actual game. {The second feline girl image on the bottom left of the page is just for reference to erase later, for her actual depiction on the page.}

Do you think I should just release it in black and white, or in full color like the previous episode?

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Here it is finished! My favorite thing to draw was the planet on the last page.

If you thought it was good, like and rate it in this link. : D

http://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/rayburst/ep-1/viewer?title_no=7230&episode_no=1

For the series icon, I just had the planet, but then I later super imposed some of the charactesr in the story over it. As you already know, I'm working on a game of the same name, which I will have ready later.

So to recap:

>The princess and her servant escapes from mortal danger
>Except her servant is behind the revolt all along and welcomes anyone to attack her
>Except the princess doesn't find this threatening at all and just starts to laugh
>Except she actually should care since they now have her castleship thingy
>Laughs again

Your art is alright, but I think this has reached the point where I'd suggest finding someone else who sympathies with your overall plot and can write these comic stripts better. That strip was something other people would draw to make fun of other comics, since they only need to condense everything into quick moments and exaggerate most changes in the story, so I really can't recommend using that same approach as your actual canon.

Yes, that is the story so far. Thanks for the compliment to my art.

Pif is initially, unrealistically optimistic, but she's broken down as the story progresses by various different events that disprove her expectations of the world around her and eventually, she becomes pessimistic. {You can see it start to happen at the beginning of the preview I posted last night, although she will rebound a bit, this cycle of break down and rebounding will happen until she makes a realization and eventually becomes what I described.}

You are right, Bummer, this formula might not be so effective. I was going for a kind of action comedy, but it does indeed border on the form of satire people would employ to parody another comic or story.

Well, I guess I'll keep going another ep. If the punchline at the end of episode 02 doesn't make anybody laugh, I will rethink and rewrite the canon of the story to not lean towards this type of humor.

Last edited:
Here is a finished page 01. I still haven't gotten to work on the episode during the day, I keep getting only 2-3 hours a night.

The only pages ommitted are when Pif falls face first into a pile of grass, because you can't really tell what's going on in that rough state{it actually happens in the last post, between the page where she's on her knees, and the page where Grafto is in the air, 3 pages are missing, which is her making a crop circle by accident, as she is lost, and then falling face first into a pile of grass, which leads to the punchline halfway through, which is really the end of that ep, the other half is the next}. Anyway, here are other rough pages of the entire thing. I might split it into two, and release all subsequent episodes at those sizes to make the deadline.

SPOILERS*** if it matters to you though.

Some designs for the vendors in the game, they sell you stuff, as well as buy stuff from you. They appear in the levels as well, in "safe zones" to sell minor items and offer just 1 free heal for that level. The items are a stylish mess, thats what I get for drawing them months apart, I'll have to unite their art styles so they match better.

And modified Pif's portrait art:

Bummer Thanks, I've been trying to get that style down on paper for a while, but couldn't quite get it right until after I drew a comic in that style.

Update, New dragon enemy {Melee type}, improved item art, three levels for both{book, manual, and grimoire}{shard, fragment. and gem}:

I've re-made the logo, again! But this time, it's the real thing as I rushed the design the last time. Now just trying to decide which of these two is better.

Here are various set ups of the title screen, with the top version being my favorite:

What the previous version title screen would look like:

The previous two title screens:

Lol, I found the title of the prototype, I went all out with animating it back then:

All possible playable characters waiting in line to be in-game, including the vendors:

Shop front in-game:

Welp, my poverty is screwed, look what I did with this new tablet I got:

That should have taken TWO to three hours in Paint Tool, but NOPE, not even an hour, and I was done, in fact, it took about 33 minutes. Done in PHOTOSHOP, which is bad for lineart, I use Paint Tool for lineart, which has a stabilizer. If I can draw something of that level in photoshop with this new tablet, I don't even want to imagine what's going to happen when I use Paint Tool Sai.

This new tablet has specs way higher than my previous tablet, which was 2004 tech. I should have upgraded sooner. So much lost efficiency, I'm using 2013/2012 tech now. It's dope, I didn't think the difference would be exponential.

Anyways, its the second pic I draw with this new tablet, the first pic was just random lines while trying to get it to work. I didn't even plan it out, since unplanned pics always turn out garbage, but this is better than some of the stuff I've put a lot of effort in, and I barely even put effort in it. I feel like puking out of joy. This level of difference is too much, lol.

Whoa, hasn't even been an hour, and another really good posed, lineart! This should have taken an hour of planning, and another hour of inking with the old tablet. This is unrefined art and it looks better than a lot of my old stuff.

Anyway, took a quick break and whipped up this really awesome villain or anti-hero design, playable in the Rayburst 2, the name is pending:

This new tablet is awesome, I can express more clearly what's in my mind, the old tablet would have muddled this design to H.

And I inked some sketches I did a few weeks ago:

After Rayburst, or on the side later, I want to do a story about a main character that's from a villain family with dark powers, and a female super hero with light powers. I've got various scenarios written out from the light girl wanting to be a bad guy and that being the motive for seeking the dark power guy to playing it straight and making the light girl hunt down the DP guy because his powers make him look like a villain and he is from a family of known villains.

Totally opposite tone of Rayburst.

Super hero team:

And I had a really terrible dream, of some kind of genetically modified human, so it will be something a super hero team should fight{since whatever that was was metahuman}.

Last edited:

Shoot, it was suppose to say "His tax was actually 50%," "Nobody correct her!"

EDIT: Fixed the dialogue:

Last edited:
Teradius lineart.

5 of the 7 pages of a comic intro I'm working on for Rayburst.

Here is the dialogue that goes through all 7 pages. I need to refine it some more, the part that says "notes" is small text below the pictures, which I'll place at the end or in smaller text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)