5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Anyone know what shiny wondercards do to the pid/whatever? Tried to rng the shiny dialga card the other day, but the seed I was hitting was different from what I should have been hitting.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Anyone know what shiny wondercards do to the pid/whatever? Tried to rng the shiny dialga card the other day, but the seed I was hitting was different from what I should have been hitting.
Practically speaking, everything will be shifted by forward a couple frames (or so) if you forget to search for a "always shiny" seed (and instead do never shiny). It won't affect the seeding at all since that's determined before you RNG anything. So if you got the wrong seed, then you missed your time/Timer0/keypresses.

edit: to answer your question, they're shifted forward since it requires a couple more calls to the rng.

Last edited:
Practically speaking, everything will be shifted by forward a couple frames (or so) if you forget to search for a "always shiny" seed (and instead do never shiny). It won't affect the seeding at all since that's determined before you RNG anything. So if you got the wrong seed, then you missed your time/Timer0/keypresses.
Doing it on emu with a no keypress seed, so in theory it's almost impossible to miss my seed. I did check to make sure it was set on always shiny and checked a couple seconds behind target, so I'm not sure what else I'm missing.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Doing it on emu with a no keypress seed, so in theory it's almost impossible to miss my seed. I did check to make sure it was set on always shiny and checked a couple seconds behind target, so I'm not sure what else I'm missing.
Hmm ok. If you post your seed/trainer info and the results that you are getting I'd be happy to take a look.

just as a side question, is there a active thread for emerald RNG?
Technically but that would be the previous generation rng thread

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/most-generation-prng-help-information.52180/ it pretty much is for generation 3 and 4

Edit: Not personally 100% sure why gen 5 rng is split from gen 4 and 3 besides from the fact that gen 5 runs on different principles and therefore has different guides but just post on the previous generation prng thread and any questions you have should be answerable.

Last edited:
I have a question regarding with possible shiny wondercards.
Can I just search for any seed, then abuse my tid/sid to match the PID as shiny or that won't work?

I have a question regarding with possible shiny wondercards.
Can I just search for any seed, then abuse my tid/sid to match the PID as shiny or that won't work?
Possible shiny use the wondercard ot's id/sid. For example, there's a nonshinylocked Groudon whose ot's id/sid is 3172/0. All you have to do is change your profile's id/sid to 3172/0 and search for possible shiny seeds.

Possible shiny use the wondercard ot's id/sid. For example, there's a nonshinylocked Groudon whose ot's id/sid is 3172/0. All you have to do is change your profile's id/sid to 3172/0 and search for possible shiny seeds.
ah I see, well that sucks. I thought it was going to be something easy like the manaphy egg. xD
Thanks.

What did you rng specifically? Some cards mess with the rng.

Edit: Actually it looks like its inheriting the nature of the next frame, are you doing something always shiny?
Nope, it's also consistent with my non-shiny attempts. I'm doing one with a chance for a shiny (The Jolly one is the shiny frame)

I have a question regarding searching for a seed in White 2. I've been trying to get a shiny special flawless seed for a Staryu and I have had trouble even finding a seed. I've searched about 2 years' worth of seeds with all held buttons, up to 1000 PID frames, and lead ability Synchronize. I have been able to successfully RNG other standard captures in the past, so I was wondering if there was anything different about searching in a Surf spot, or if I'm just unlucky in finding a seed.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I'd say you're just getting unlucky. Shiny flawless seeds in general can take a while to find for wild Pokemon. If you saved those seeds from your past RNGs, you might be able to use one of them. Just keep looking though; you'll find one :)

Although I don't think it will make a difference in finding seeds, you can also encounter Staryu through standard surfing, which would be much easier to rng than a surfing spot.

shiny finder said:
I'd say you're just getting unlucky. Shiny flawless seeds in general can take a while to find for wild Pokemon. If you saved those seeds from your past RNGs, you might be able to use one of them. Just keep looking though; you'll find one :)

Although I don't think it will make a difference in finding seeds, you can also encounter Staryu through standard surfing, which would be much easier to rng than a surfing spot.
Alright, thanks. I actually am searching for a standard surfing seed, bad wording on my part. It's been a while since I've done this last, so I'll just be a bit more patient.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
so say im going for a target seed and frame for heatran, and its a shiny spread with cute charm as the lead and a male pokemon is the result. does this mean my lead has to be a female cute charmer, or does it not matter?

so say im going for a target seed and frame for heatran, and its a shiny spread with cute charm as the lead and a male pokemon is the result. does this mean my lead has to be a female cute charmer, or does it not matter?
Female cute charmer, 50/50 male/female since Heatran does have a gender ratio.

How do I determine the PID of my roaming Thundurus without an external device? I'm going to restart my White cart and RNG my ID/SID to make my previous file's Thundurus shiny. However, that Thundurus was on IV frame 11 (walk 256 steps with 5 Pokémon in party), not frame 1. Since there are no wild Pokémon inside the house on Route 7, the way I turn/walk won't affect my PID frame, right?

How do I determine the PID of my roaming Thundurus without an external device? I'm going to restart my White cart and RNG my ID/SID to make my previous file's Thundurus shiny. However, that Thundurus was on IV frame 11 (walk 256 steps with 5 Pokémon in party), not frame 1. Since there are no wild Pokémon inside the house on Route 7, the way I turn/walk won't affect my PID frame, right?
Catch it and check its ivs/nature with rngreporter. And your pid frame shouldn't be affected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)