ORAS OU KeyGuys - My First RMT

KeyGuys
This is my first RMT posted here. I'm not the best at teambuilding, but hey, I tried!

Kelly (Klefki) (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
Here's the star of the crew, Dual Screens Klefki! The EVs are spread across the stats that give the best defense for Klefki. The nature helps out the defense as well, since attack isn't Klefki's priority. Light Clay and Prankster give good power to the Dual Screens. Thunder Wave and Foul Play is good just in case.

Pikablu (Azumarill) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
Here's Azumarill! Azumarill has good synergy with Klefki, being more attack-focused and with Huge Power. Nature and EVs are focused on a balance between health and attack. Sitrus Berry makes up for the lack of health when Belly Drum is used. Aqua Jet goes first, so that makes up for a lack of speed. Play Rough has a 10% chance to lower the target's attack, which makes up for a lack of defense. Knock Off does 1.5x damage if the foe is holding an item, which is pretty likely, and knocks it off. Gets rid of those pesky Mega Pokémon that happen to be slower ;).

Knuckles (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
Yep, It's Excadrill! I feel like having a Rapid Spinner/Stealth Rocker on your team is kind of obligitary since I have a Charizard on this team. Stealth Rock helps with taking down those Talonflames and other typings that happen to be 4x weak to rock. Mold Breaker feels better than Excadrill's other abilities. Leftovers are always nice to have if nothing else works. EVs help with extra attack on Earthquake and Iron Head, as well as some health.

Vertica (Cloyster) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump
If anything goes wrong with Klefki, Cloyster is here to help! I tried to balance Cloyster between defense and attack, focusing a bit more on attack, hopefully I succeeded. EVs are spread out in stats where Cloyster lacks. Skill Link helps out Rock Blast, so Rock Blast will always hit at maximum. 25 * 5 = 125, so that's 125 power right there. Shell Smash is useful in case of any emergency. You know what they say, offense is the best defense! Actually no one says that. The rest of the moves are just standard attacking moves. Life Orb helps with attack as well.

Jordan (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Ancient Power
- Protect
This is Charizard! Charizard is here for even more attack, except he's faster. EVs and nature are there to power up his main spots even more. Heat Wave and Ancient Power are just some standard attacks. Protect helps out with Charizard's lack of defense. M-Evolving Charizard as soon as possible is important, for that easy one turn Solar Beam. Suspect Test when?

Superman (Venusaur) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Protect
Last but not least, Venusaur! Venusaur is pretty neutral with the EVs, the moves, and nature. Of course, it has Chlorophyll/Sunny Day so I can pump out Sleep Powder as fast as possible. Giga Drain+Leftovers is good for some added health in case anything goes wrong. Protect is also there just in case.

Hey Xon Sprimes, cool screens offense. I have some suggestions to optimize the screen support and improve your build.

Just for reference, the Zard Y set you should be using is Flamethrower / Fire Blast, Solarbeam, Focus Blast, Roost. Protect is useless since your speed stays the same before and after your Mega, and your bulk automatically changes on the turn you mega evolve. Roost is better for longevity since you're 4x weak to Stealth Rocks, and Focus Blast is better than Ancient Power since it allows you to hit Tyranitar and Heatran which can easily wall you otherwise.

Anyway, my first suggestion is to run more Speed on Azumarill. With your current spread, you speed tie with Chansey and are slower than Scizor. You already have screens to augment your bulk, so you should run more speed to be able to go for moves other than Aqua Jet more comfortably, or be able to outspeed some opposing priority and Azumarill.

Next, you should take full advantage of screens and run Mega Charizard X > Mega Charizard Y. Zard X is one of the most fearsome sweepers in the tier, and with screen support it has an easier time setting up and destroying teams. It has great synergy with Belly Drum Azumarill since they break down walls for each other to support one of them cleaning, and stuff that checks Zard X like Landorus-T, Hippowdon, and Heatran are set up fodder for Azu.

Without sun you have no use for Venusaur, so i think you should change Excadrill from Life Orb to Choice Scarf, and replace your Venusaur slot with Life Orb Swords Dance Terrakion as your Stealth Rocker. Scarf Excadrill grants you speed control and the ability to check M-Altaria and Talonflame. It's also a really nice cleaner on hard hitting teams like this. Terrakion wears down walls like Hippowdon, Slowbro, and Landorus-T for Zard X, breaks down Skarmory so Excadrill can spam EQ late game, 2HKOs Unaware Clefable and Quagisre with Stealth Rocks up, and also weakens Latis to put them in range of +6 Azu's Aqua Jet.

Lastly, you should change Cloyster to Lum Bisharp to have a status absorber, and to have something to deter Defoggers from getting rid of your screens.

In short:

Zard X > Zard Y
Terrakion > Venusaur
Bisharp > Cloyster
Fast Azu > Bulky Azu
Scarf Excadrill > LO Excadrill

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

It's quite a few changes, but i think it helps optimize screen support, and still works well without the need for screens being up.

Hope i was able to help!

Hi man!

Charizard Y is very good but as Celes said if you didnt missclicked thread (Doubles) you should run Roost for more longevity. Anyway i dont think that dual screener Klefki make good sinergy with Charizard Y, so i suggest you or to run Charizard X or to change Klefki's role in Spiker, but if you mantain the sun i tell you now to change Azumarill.

Shell Smash Cloyster is a lord (but i don't think it fits well in this team) anyway i suggest you to change item in White Herb or Focus Sash to find more chances to setup. Hydro Pump isn't a good move under the sun so i suggest you to run Ice Shard or Hidden Power Fire to hit Ferrorthorn and Scizor.

You should use Venusaur LO with Growth/Sleep Powder , Giga Drain, HP Fire and Sludge Bomb for more functions and coverage.

I'd insert Tyranitar>Azumarill (because it dont works well with sun) because it fits well with Charizard Y and then you can abuse your (now Sand Rush) Excadrill. If you want to continue to use Cloyster i'd give SR to Tyranitar, if not i'd give Choice Scarf to Tyranitar and then use a SR Setter like Tank Garchomp.

Lemme know if you want the ETT of the fixed team.

I hope I Helped.

Sure, i prefer CB Tyranitar to handle better Stall teams.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 72 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire
- Sludge Bomb

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Excadrill @ Air Baloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Hey there,
I mostly want to build off of celes' suggestions as I like them a lot, and although it changes the team significantly they are almost all changes for the good. Having used a very similar team before I can attest to the viability of this strategy; however your team needs a few changes so it can work better. I don't really like klefki as a dual screener since its very passive and the opponent can often waste turns and set up hazards or do some sort of set up on it while it also kills momentum. The first method of change is Spikes > Thunder Wave / Foul Play. I'm not sure which you need more so you should decide this. This quick fix will help you put more pressure on your opponents team so that they can't just stall Screens and let klefki sit around doing nothing. However, I prefer the more involved changes detailed below.

The alternate route i prefer is Azelf > Klefki. A Bulky spread would also allow you to live Fake + Return from Lopunny, and also allow you to reliably get up hazards in the face of Starmie by underspeeding it. This will provide to you a more offensive Dual Screener that can also get up your Stealth Rocks and prevent your opponents. With this change you have a Stealth Rocker so you can replace Terrakion. We'll do this last though.

Next, you are very weak to Lopunny as it can Stall out screen turns with fake out and basically outspeed your team and smash it as you lack resistance's to its stabs. Thus i suggest a Chople Berry Excadrill with SD Rapid Spin. Rock Slide will not help you beat Talonflame as you will not be able to outspeed it, and you are fairly weak to Unaware Stall as quagsire can beat Azumarill and Charizard. With Mold Breaker + SD you can easily break these walls and start smashing the opponents team. Rapid Spin is crucial to remove hazards for Zard, and Chople berry will allow you to eat a hit from Lopunny and hit it with an Earthquake, putting it in range of Azu's Aqua Jet and Bisharp's Sucker Punch.

Finally you are a little weak to fast attackers and set up sweepers and also lack a very solid special attacker, while you also lack something to hit water types hard. Thus i suggest NP Twave Thundurus > Terrakion. This will replace the prankster T-Wave support you lost by replacing Klefki while also hitting water types hard and giving a solid setup-sweeper when you need it, along with a true ground immunity that can last throughout the match as azelf is a suicide lead and once Zard Mega's its weak to ground attacks. Since i made a lot of changes i'll leave the full team below for you to try.
Azelf @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 160 HP / 104 Def / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum

Excadrill @ Chople Berry
Ability: Mold Braeker
EVs: 236 Atk / 56 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Gl with the team and let me know how the changes work out for you :]

FlamingVictini Sorry, but I'm not gonna change the Pokémon I based my team around. :/
That's fine, this was simply a suggestion as I have an extremely similar build of mine as well as one from a decently well known HO builder that are both very similar to your team, especially if the suggested changes are implemented. I understand your apprehension towards changing klefki, however, so feel free to do whatever you want with your team. I would still consider the set change on klefki itself, however. :]
Alternatively, going back to my rate, you can go klefki > azelf, stealth rocks > swords dance on excadrill, and then keep thundurus > terrakion if you wish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)