2015 Musics - Join us at #Tunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I certainly am not the best assessor of albums, but after listening to it periodically over the last week, I have to agree that Currents is the weakest of Tame Impala's three albums. Eventually and Cause I'm A Man are still some of my favourite songs of the year though.

I don't know if anybody has posted about it there yet but Courtney Barnett's new album is currently one of the best listenings I had this year so far. The genre is pretty much lo-fi garage / indie rock and the way she sings the tracks and in general how they sound is extremely unique and original while keeping the musical part extremely interesting and bring so pleasant and relaxing to listen to.

Last edited:
I don't know if anybody has posted about it there yet but Courtney Barnett's new album is currently one of the best listenings I had this year so far. The genre is pretty much lo-fi garage / indie rock and the way she sings the tracks and in general how they sound is extremely unique and original while keeping the musical part extremely interesting and bring so pleasant and relaxing to listen to.
i plan on checking it out soon, it's landed quite high on the what.cd users rate 2015 albums on rym list.

Morfent

formerly known as clifford the big red pawg
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
toe just released a new album called Hear You
I find it a lot more consistent than For Long Tomorrow. It has some hiphop influences in it, which is a refreshing change to me.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i listened to it when it came out and thought it was alright, i think it sounded too laid-back for me if that makes sense. it was pretty good but it wasn't something i'd plan on listening to with much frequency (started listening to it again earlier but didn't feel like finishing),

New Lana Del Ray smash. #hype

High by the Beach is really good tho. It kind of takes us back to her first album, which is a huge plus. Tho, I must admit, I loved the sound of Ultraviolence so much.

FKA Twigs just released a new EP and a set of videos which are both pretty incredible:

I used to appreciate FKA twigs a lot, but lately I feel like she's been really overhyped. As a video artist myself I really like the conceptual videography, but when looking at her actual skills, I am a bit disappointed.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well (as you can probably tell) I very much enjoyed her new EP ('M3LL155X') and would recommend it to others. It's a short listen too so it's worth taking a chance on if you're curious. Played it this afternoon and was not disappointed. Other great music news in my life:
  • New Joanna Newsom track (thank God!) and the announcement that her new album 'Divers' will come out Oct. 23rd!!
  • New Julia Holter track and new album 'Have You In My Wilderness' in September!
  • New Chelsea Wolfe album 'Abyss' came out recently (haven't listened to it but I enjoyed the singles and was a fan of her last album so I have high hopes) :)
  • New Potty Mouth track (their last album was slept on) and this song is pretty solid.
But yeah lookin forward to some great months music-wise :)

Catherine Walker

Banned deucer.
mogwai released a ep (music industry 3) and i'm so in love wow, i really hope that 2015 brings a new era for them, though, because rave tapes was great but not quite what i'm used to with them. it's been two years since, so maybe...

the Metá Metá EP is excellent, one of hte best things i've heard this year.
the FKA twigs thing is better than LP1 The songwriting is a lot better, and she's embraced elements of noise which I enjoy. Her singing is more varied. And it's shorter!
The Tame Impala was pretty good. I wish Parker would switch up his vocal style a little throughout the record. If you're gonna have a super similar synth sound, AND you're not gonna show any changes in your vocal style throughout the record, it's gonna get boring. Still enjoyable. I like their sound

out of the 225 albums released this year that i've heard, here's the 75 i deem worth checking out (listed in the order i heard them, not the order i like them):

Last edited:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
ngl im hype for his new album, this song sounds just right

the Metá Metá EP is excellent, one of hte best things i've heard this year.
the FKA twigs thing is better than LP1 The songwriting is a lot better, and she's embraced elements of noise which I enjoy. Her singing is more varied. And it's shorter!
The Tame Impala was pretty good. I wish Parker would switch up his vocal style a little throughout the record. If you're gonna have a super similar synth sound, AND you're not gonna show any changes in your vocal style throughout the record, it's gonna get boring. Still enjoyable. I like their sound
late but new person same old mistakes is genius

serendipity

Banned deucer.
I really like this new arcs collaboration, I even prefer their songs than black key's ones so I can't wait for the album to drop

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
etherwood's blue leaves lp was released on 4 september 2015, and it contains some of the best liquid dnb ever to be produced. it builds upon what made his debut lp so massive and refines several concepts. some of my favorites from the album include "the rain will fall", a collaboration between etherwood and lsb (another gigantic liquid dnb name), "cast away", "sunlight splinters", and "the last hour". overall, if you like liquid dnb (or dnb in general), it very much is worth checking out. it might even be my album of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)