Pokémon Rumble World

I kind of stopped after a while because I got sick of grinding Pokediamonds to use the stopper and have a shot if the legendary showed off, or going random and having the Mook Mon I needed refuse to show up (fuck Shedinja, by the way).

So I was wondering if anyone had advice about making certain Pokemon appear. I'm at 707/719 and I want to collect them all, as it were. Honestly though, I've played through the respective levels for Azelf and Phione about 20 times each and haven't seen them once! They're also blocking me from getting to the rest of the bosses, barring the random Fever.

Shedinja is also the worst, but I assume there isn't a way to get it without being lucky.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Recently nabbed the Diamond Balloon (trying to do this thing without money)

Have been pretty lucky so far, as I got an Unruly + Groudon with Dragon Claw earlier that's allowed me to blow through stuff with ease.

Anyone else have a LOT of trouble with Supersonic Ninja Tricks? For some reason I found it extremely difficult, far more so than any of the previous ones...

EDIT: Don't know if anyone mentioned this but for all boss pokes minions eventually will stop spawning, there's just loads and loads of them.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Challenges get disproportionately difficult as it goes on, even with the increase in power with the Pokemon. You also start facing more bosses and gauntlets with evolved mons, so it stops being a game of "kill the mooks and move on". It's even worse farther down when challenges were made with +++ or ++++ trait Pokemon in mind, which were cut super late in development.

There's 100 minions per boss iirc. Killing them all nets you good cash, you'll recruit a bunch of those mons, and it makes wobbling the boss easier. The exception to this are transforming Pokemon, like Aegislash and Meloetta. I believe it's a bug in which the game just thinks you've beaten the boss and stops spawning the minions.

Reactions: JES
From Serebii

In The Games Department

Pokémon Rumble World

For those of you with Pokémon Rumble World, a new patch has arrived to download which brings the game up to Version 1.1. This patch requires 846 blocks to download. We're currently working on what the patch includes so keep checking back. This patch brings a new level called Lucky Balloon which takes you to where uncaught Pokémon are more likely to appear. You need at least Rank 33 to get it and it takes 20 hours to recharge
Edit @ 02:26: A special password has been released to receive 100 PokéDiamonds for Japan, 32831175. Also, the PokéDiamond Digger in the town now gives 40 PokéDiamonds a day rather than the 20 previously obtained.
ou can access it by scanning these QR codes in your Nintendo 3DS Camera, or through the Nintendo eShop directly

FINALLY ! Maybe I will play it again

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If anyone's playing, I just encountered Fancy pattern :') so we can access that now too!

Last edited:

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
are those your fingers or bunny ears I MUST KNOW skylight

but yeah, Changing Land has made me pick up this game again, especially seeing as I encountered a shining Manaphy on my first run through it. It's breathed a little bit of new life into the game, and I like it!

EDIT: also it let me CATCH SHEDINJA WOO

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
After some SD card shenanigans I ended up losing my save and all my hours. Here's to the last MVP, a multitrait Mega Salamence who was able to solo WCSX on hard (Giga Impact + Protect), and the only mon in my collection to have ever done so.

(I never realized Mega Salamence actually has Aerilate in this game as a Hidden Trait, although it seems to function a bit oddly).

On the bright side the 3DS homebrew is out. Maybe I can salvage something...

Did you lose it through homebrew shenanigans or before that? If you still have a copy of the save file there should be ways to recover it.

Jibaku

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I have a backup of the original, unedited save (and the entire SD card, for that matter)

While messing around with the homebrew, I was going to extract my save but accidentally hit B instead of A which injected an older version of the save instead. This apparently corrupted the save and idk how to restore it.

serendipity

Banned deucer.
I just can't seem to get something powerful enough for my missions, at first it was very fast and I could play and progress quickly, but right now I'm stuck and have to wait to get a more powerful legendary somewhere
I think I need to unlock new zones but it takes SO LONG, it's not as fun as before because the game becomes way slower to make you feel like you have to buy stuff

Well, Pokemon Rumble World is getting a retail version in Japan where they just give you 3000 PokeDiamonds after beating the tutorial and unlocking everything you get after buying that much. This confirms our beliefs that the game is effectively a demo until you purchase 3000 PokeDiamonds.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok so like I stopped playing this a while back and kept calling someone online, hoping to get the last four Vivillon formes. They're uh like Jungle, Ocean, Savanna and Sandstorm.

I kept trying for Brazil everyday because I was like k that's most likely (kept this up for months). Randomly called someone online while waiting for a shuffle life and boom Brazil. Moral of the story: don't give up things will happen when you expect them least :')

Three to go and I'll have all Vivillon!

Wait, how does Mega Salamence function? I know that certain Pokemon has hidden traits. Primals have immunities, and Shedinja or Regi, you know. Do Pokemon other than Salamence also have hidden traits? I can't find any info on it.

Jibaku

It has 'Aerilate' but it doesn't quite work in the way you'd expect it to

From my tests with Giga Impact:
- It adds a significant power boost (don't remember how much though).
- It hits Tangrowth Blaziken and Volcarona super effectively
- It hits Ampharos neutrally
- It is NVE vs Ghosts.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I can definitely confirm the above.

Should also be worth mentioning that Europe will be getting a retail version of the game (the one that gives you the 3,000 Poké Diamonds right away) on the 22nd of January, 2016 (Source: Serebii.net). No news on a retail release date for North America and Oceania just yet.

It has 'Aerilate' but it doesn't quite work in the way you'd expect it to

From my tests with Giga Impact:
- It adds a significant power boost (don't remember how much though).
- It hits Tangrowth Blaziken and Volcarona super effectively
- It hits Ampharos neutrally
- It is NVE vs Ghosts.
Cool, now we just need to find special abilities about other mega Pokemon, if it exists. (Pixilate, Aerilate, and maybe some other abilities.) Also, why doesn't Serebii or any other website talk about the stat increase from mega evolving?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)