2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a big fan of Bony, watched a few Swansea games last season and the season before and he looks a bit like Giroud. Slightly faster, slightly worse build up play, slightly better finishing. The ball literally bounced off him everytime or he just passed it back to where it came from. But if he runs onto a pass he can finish pretty well. He doesn't look top quality, a good backup striker though. Speaking of which, that's exactly what Giroud should be; so either Walcott needs to become the new Henry RIGHT NOW or Wenger needs to sign a freaking top class forward already.

Shaquiri is now a Stoke City player. Interesting to see how he will perform after feeling on his skin how impatient Italian supporters are.

Really shows the financial power of the premier league these days; there's been some really impressive signings like Wijnaldum at Newcastle and Andre Ayew at Swansea.

I don't get Arsenal tbh. We always manage to have one of the worst starts in the PL and improve only in the latter half of the season. Against West Ham, we played like absolute shit. Cech had an awful day, I guess because he's used to having a bus in front his goal l0l, and we didn't manage to convince defensively nor offensively. I really hope Wenger signs a world class striker before the window closes, Walcott and Giroud aren't just cutting it

I don't get Arsenal tbh. We always manage to have one of the worst starts in the PL and improve only in the latter half of the season. Against West Ham, we played like absolute shit. Cech had an awful day, I guess because he's used to having a bus in front his goal l0l, and we didn't manage to convince defensively nor offensively. I really hope Wenger signs a world class striker before the window closes, Walcott and Giroud aren't just cutting it
Like Benzema? ;)

on another note, I predict top 4 in EPL to be....Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United, Man City. I could see Liverpool challenging for Top 4 with their squad, but we'll see. I also predict Bayern to win the CL this year :D

Nothing like a good ol' thrashing of Hamburg to start off the Bundesliga season!

Very happy with Vidal and Costa integrating into the team. Can't wait to see Joshua Kimmich grow alongside the veterans at Bayern Munich as well. Hamburg played dirty and stubborn today, but they can't stop the 5-0 :)

Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the Bundesliga pans out on the opening week and more EPL games :) So weird to see Manchester United maintain two clean sheets without David De Gea, but I guess they haven't faced really scary offensive teams yet.

Nothing like a good ol' thrashing of Hamburg to start off the Bundesliga season!

Very happy with Vidal and Costa integrating into the team. Can't wait to see Joshua Kimmich grow alongside the veterans at Bayern Munich as well. Hamburg played dirty and stubborn today, but they can't stop the 5-0 :)

Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the Bundesliga pans out on the opening week and more EPL games :) So weird to see Manchester United maintain two clean sheets without David De Gea, but I guess they haven't faced really scary offensive teams yet.
I wonder who is going to be at the top of the bundesliga at the end of the season lol

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Top for another few hours ayyyyy

Got lucky with the Sakho / Schmeichel incident but we did very well to hold on to a 2-1 lead for nearly 40 minutes against a West Ham side really going for it. Still early days yet but I think if we can maintain the same kind of grit then we should hopefully have a more comfortable spot in the table this year.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Chelsea brutally outclassed today. If I were new to English football, I wouldn't even have known that was a game between 2 potential title contenders, such was the difference between the 2 sides. Think Chelsea have a lot of issues to fix, both on the pitch and behind the scenes.

wow our first goal was amazing. great pass by karsdorp, great assist from bilal and great header by kramer. lovely. i'll try to find a gif so you guys can enjoy.

edit: here's a vid.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
We haven't declined or anything, we just haven't reinforced while our rivals have. I refuse to believe that Mourinho was dumb enough to believe that we stood any chance of retaining the title and/or doing well in the CL with an almost identical squad, especially considering what happened with City last season. There's still time, but there's no way we're winning the league unless we sign 2-3 world class players. The Baba Rahman deal's done, which is a step in the right direction, hopefully, this means Azpilicueta will go back to playing at RB and we'll never have to witness the horror of watching Ivanovic being left for dead time and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)