Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread - Mark 3

Hey guys, word on the street is that if you're interested in 3ds homebrew in any way, you should probably download Ironfall Invasion (free on the eshop) before nintendo takes it down.

ty for the heads up, grabbing it

I'm kind of surprised there doesn't seem to be a proper search function on the eshop but it shows up on the front page if you search for free items.

Addendum to the above, if you got Ironfall then grab the Youtube app ASAP, it looks like you'll need it in order to use Ironfall and they already took Ironfall down from the eShop. It looks like just having the Youtube app will work as well, but you'll need an internet connection whereas for Ironfall you won't.

They didn't explicitly state it but I'm guessing you probably can't access the Japanese 3DS eShop which makes FEif kind of pointless sadly, that's the main thing I would want to import.

http://www.3dsthemes.com/

All you really get from this is some cool custom themes and homebrew (read: emulators that don't get updated and may or may not run at full speed). Hope to see this progress further in the future, but another kernel exploit might never happen as far as we know.

Catherine Walker

Banned deucer.
I don't think it's a bad idea considering it's a pain to dig through pages upon pages of posts to find some material people were talking about.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Am I correct in assuming the new system update has killed Tubehax and Ironhax? Would like to know before I'm forced to update.

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
I'm reviving this dead ol' thing to ask a question for 3DS owners, deal with it.

I've saved up almost enough money to finally buy a 3DS, and I'm super excited! The only problem is, I'm not quite sure what version of the system to get. The original 3DS and 2DS seem like a waste to me when there are better options, so it's between the 3DS XL and New 3DS.

I like the idea of the New 3DS having face tracking 3D and amiibo functionality for Smash Bros., but I'm not sure if it's really worth the extra money. That, and I'm more interested in the smaller New 3DS, which isn't available in America for some stupid reason (screw you Nintendo I want those adorable face plates). On the other hand, the 3DS XL is cheaper so I could get it sooner, and does everything I would want it to do. As someone who will probably playing Animal Crossing and Pokemon 90% of the time anyways, I'm not sure if its worth my time dishing out the extra $30 for features I might not end up using.

I wanna hear from you guys; Do you have a New 3DS? Is the upgrade that superior over the 3DS XL? What would you recommend?

I'm reviving this dead ol' thing to ask a question for 3DS owners, deal with it.

I've saved up almost enough money to finally buy a 3DS, and I'm super excited! The only problem is, I'm not quite sure what version of the system to get. The original 3DS and 2DS seem like a waste to me when there are better options, so it's between the 3DS XL and New 3DS.

I like the idea of the New 3DS having face tracking 3D and amiibo functionality for Smash Bros., but I'm not sure if it's really worth the extra money. That, and I'm more interested in the smaller New 3DS, which isn't available in America for some stupid reason (screw you Nintendo I want those adorable face plates). On the other hand, the 3DS XL is cheaper so I could get it sooner, and does everything I would want it to do. As someone who will probably playing Animal Crossing and Pokemon 90% of the time anyways, I'm not sure if its worth my time dishing out the extra $30 for features I might not end up using.

I wanna hear from you guys; Do you have a New 3DS? Is the upgrade that superior over the 3DS XL? What would you recommend?
If you are mostly gonna play Pokemon and Animal Crossing , then your better off getting the 3ds xl. The extra shoulder buttons, c-stick, and amiibo functionality do not really enhance the experience for the above games. The better 3d is a nice feature, but considering it hampers the pokemon experience, i wouldn't really say its worth it in your case.

I think the 2ds would actually be the best console to buy overall since its much cheaper, sturdier, and more comfortable than the 3ds xl. That's just my opinion however.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Doesn't the N3DS have better load times and/or smoother FPS?

Regardless, you're probably better off sticking with the 3DS XL or 2DS.

If you really want the small new 3DS you could wait until the red/blue bundle comes out

Get the original 3Ds because it's THAT old.

The N3DS XL has a slightly bigger screen than the original XL. The one exclusive, Xenoblade 3DS, is also amazing if you can't find the Wii version.

The C-stick is really not natural to use in Smash but it is pretty useful in the other games that support it (any game that supports the Circle Pad Pro, I think).

If anyone else looks into 3DS CFW stuff, learn from my mistake and buy a bigger SD card before you start, lest you run out of space and have to do the entire arduous, glitchy process multiple times.

I'm probably just going to get a Japanese 3DS since so far the only website I've found with a decent library relies on third party upload links that get taken down and then never fixed, and everything about the process so far indicates that games/updates/dlc aren't going to run smoothly.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is anyone else in Europe/Australia gonna get Inazuma Eleven Go: Galaxy when the PAL version comes out later this year?

Why not just buy the games in a shop? You know, legally?
Because they wouldn't work if I did?

If you legitimately don't know, Nintendo is lame and region locks their consoles so games won't work if they're not from the same region where the console is sold. I've imported several games for other systems before and I'd much rather buy the games legally if they would actually allow it without forcing you to buy another console.

Why didn't you buy a 3DS for your region then? Was it not released in your part of the world? And the fact that you don't agree with a company's practices does not give you right to steal from them. Piracy is no better than shoplifting.

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Obviously the point is that he wants to play games from multiple regions and he does not have and will not support having to purchase multiple of the same system for the sake of getting around region locking bullshit. Usually cuz Japan gets some cool shit that never see an international release.

I didn't know the 3DS was region-locked, hmph.

I don't agree with region locking, that is bullshit, but that still doesn't justify piracy. One wrong doesn't justify another.

On a lighter note, I have been thinking about picking up Bravely Second. I had mixed experiences with the first - while I liked the battle system and characters, the game kind of fell off post Chapter 4, and the onslaught of bosses was tedious. Has Second rectified these flaws? It's had good reviews from what I've seen - Eurogamer gave it a Recommended. Reckon it's worth a purchase?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The Direct confirmed that SNES titles are coming to the 3DS Virtual Console this month. Portable Super Metroid and EarthBound in particular sound awesome.

They finally showed off Federation Force and explained its deal, and it looks decent. I think they said it was coming out next month.

New Kirby game coming out in June. It has robots, a new Doctor ability, a co-op mode, amiibo functionality, and the glorious return of the Smash ability.

Last edited:
Yay so glad Fire Emblem Fates has a Europe release date. Sucks that we have to wait until May, but some people were claiming we wouldn't get it til November, so that's better.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
That date is perfect For me because it coincides with my eighteenth (which is at the end of may), which is sweet. Idk whether to get Birthright or Conquest first though. Which do you 'murricans suggest?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)