Multi Gen Simple Questions, Simple Answers Mk. II (Read Before Making a Thread)

Since ubers is a tier, shouldn't the base forms of mawile, kanga, mence and gengar be in ubers too? Since it isn't a ban list anymore. Sorry for the stupid question in advance :P
Well, I dont actually agree, but this raises a good point. However, it is the items that are banned, just like how soul dew is banned, but not the latis. Also, nice username

will there ever be any hope of Greninja aegislash or Blaziken ( not mega ) will ever be OU Again ?
Technically, yes. In the near future, no, not really. Greninja is easily one of the most broken things to find itself in OU since ORAS gave it it's new toys, aegis was just retested and it was not even close to enough votes to unban it, and blaziken is just such a ridiculous sweeper, it's ridiculous. The ability to boost to +2 Atk and +1 Spe in one turn (not to mention pass it) is insane by even a ridiculously generous standard. Tbh, I think blaziken has the bat shot at returning, but even it is slim. Probably my money would be on the deos, luc or gene getting unbanned first, then would come mawile and blaziken. Everything else I would stay is basically permanently stuck. At least, it will be for a while.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Not much chance at all. Recently OU has been running a God's Among Us tour which essentially drops an Uber back into OU each round to see what effect they have on team building and the metagame in general, and a lot of people's thoughts on these mons is that they're still very unhealthy to be in any OU metagame.

Also questions about OU tiering should probably be posted in their Simple Questions Simple Answers thread.

special attacks on Ekiller arceus are viable or not??

also is lugia/giratina the best phazer to check set-up PG
In previous Gens/XY, Arceus occasionally ran Overheat to Check Skarmory (and I think it's used vs M-Scizor, Forretress, and Ferrothorn as well). You'd be using Life Orb if this was the case, so don't do Lum/Scarf+ Overheat, as it won't be strong enough otherwise. It's also not the primary option for a 3rd Attack, with said 3rd Attack usually being Earthquake (which does more vs Dialga, PDonner, and any Steels not resistant/immune.)

Also, yes, Lugia and Giratina-Origin(Due to Levitate) can both be used to phase and check set-up PDon. Watch for Dragon Claw if using Gira, and not being at Max HP+ Stone Edge (or Alternatively, a non set-up set using Toxic, but you asked vs a set-up set, so...) if using Lugia

any set for mega mewtwo y that can beat mega mom 1vs1??
mega mom usually destroys mewtwo with sucker puncharino with or without the need of fakeout

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Stalltwo can win 1v1, but you are probs better off using something else. Try MM2X instead or use one of the many mons that is able to check Khan while accomplishing other tasks such as Arceus Ghost.

any set for mega mewtwo y that can beat mega mom 1vs1??
mega mom usually destroys mewtwo with sucker puncharino with or without the need of fakeout
You can run substitute on Mewtwo Y or Will o Wisp/Recover but both are really bad ideas. I advice you to follow what minority suspect said. Either Ghostceus, Yveltal or Sableye does it better.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Zekrom (Salamence) @ Salamencite
Ability: Run Away
EVs: 252 Unviable / 252 Gives best pokemon in meta free switch ins / 4 well it used to be good lol
Naive Nature
- something that doesn't get walled by fairies
- something that doesn't get walled by grounds
- something that doesn't get walled by ferrothorn
- are you actually still trying to find reasons to use this

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
...what are you on about Krau? Zekrom is still decent as a salamence/kyogre/Ho-oh check.

I have enjoyed using a tailwind toxic set recently, with shuca berry, dragon claw, bolt strike, toxic and tailwind. It provides a decent amount of team support with the two support moves fucking up stall and offense respectively if you get a free turn (which isn't too hard, considering it can check a number of fairly common mons). It mandates a team-mate who can switch into groudon, obviously, but after groudon is toxic'd by it, groudon becomes a lot easier to deal with.

Also not really set up bait for xerneas considering this calc:
252+ Atk Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 104 HP / 96 Def Xerneas: 246-289 (58.7 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

yes obviously it can switch in on a dclaw, but its far from easy to take advantage of, and tailwind means that you have team mates that will always be able to deal with it if needs must.

There are also a couple other variants (I know Dice made a hone claws one that worked well).

Lol, I know Zekrom is not the best thing in the meta, but I'm just trying to RNG mine so I can proceed with my White cart. Are the Choice Scarf and Life Orb sets still used, or is Hone Claws (or perhaps Choice Band) more popular?

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
According to usage stats the Scarf set is the most popular by far. Life Orb, Shuca, and Choice Band all have about 10% usage, so not common but they are around. Hone Claws is rare.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is ice punch/hammer arm/zen headbutt/meteor mash Mega Metagross good as a check to xerneas, ekiller and megamance?

Freeroamer

The only one of those pokemon that it really checks is Mono attacking Mence, as GeoXern will blow through it with +2 Focus Blast with the smallest amount of prior while Ekiller commonly carries EQ and is faster than Mence. I feel that if you were to try and use Metagross in this metagame, you'd want to use Pursuit and Bullet Punch to really make use of it's niche in that it can both Pursuit Lati@s and act as an offensive Xerneas check. From there you probably want EQ to chip obvious Primal Groudon switchins and then possibly a STAB? I found this mon very underwhelming when I tried to find a team it fit on but I will say Kyogre is an excellent partner.

hyw

Banned deucer.
The only one of those pokemon that it really checks is Mono attacking Mence, as GeoXern will blow through it with +2 Focus Blast with the smallest amount of prior while Ekiller commonly carries EQ and is faster than Mence. I feel that if you were to try and use Metagross in this metagame, you'd want to use Pursuit and Bullet Punch to really make use of it's niche in that it can both Pursuit Lati@s and act as an offensive Xerneas check. From there you probably want EQ to chip obvious Primal Groudon switchins and then possibly a STAB? I found this mon very underwhelming when I tried to find a team it fit on but I will say Kyogre is an excellent partner.
Would you care to elaborate as to why you believe Kyogre to be an excellent partner? :)

Freeroamer

Removing Latis is obviously hugely beneficial to any Kyogre and the ability to draw and chip pdon consistently is hugely helpful over the course of a game. Lati+Pdon is often the dedicated Kyogre answer on balance in my experience and being Gross can provide to an extent the support ogre needs in breaking that partnership. idk I don't think Gross is a great mon by any stage but if I really wanted to use it on a build I'd use it w/ ogre.

Reactions: hyw

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mash/EQ/BP/Pursuit or some coverage for Ho-Oh/POgre (TPunch or Zen) works best. You can probably run enough speed to beat Modest Lati and put the rest in bulk.

MGross is useful if you need an offensive Xern check that isn't PDon bait but is more durable than Lucario.

This seems to be a common Xerneas spread
Modest:184/0/28/252/0/44

Now are these speed EVs meant for HP Fire or not.
If its not for HP Fire, I assume I need to use 48 speed EVs. If so where should I take those 4 from, SpA?

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This seems to be a common Xerneas spread
Modest:184/0/28/252/0/44

Now are these speed EVs meant for HP Fire or not.
If its not for HP Fire, I assume I need to use 48 speed EVs. If so where should I take those 4 from, SpA?

Yes, those EVs do not assume HP Fire.

That being said, HP Fire is not that great in ORAS due to the rarity of Scizor. Consider Focus Blast or HP Ground instead if you need Steel coverage.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hidden Power Fire is just a bad move for Xerneas to be running at the moment thanks to Primal Groudon being a very prominent check that requires Xerneas to run Focus Blast or HP Ground to have a prayer of getting past. Focus Blast will hit almost all Steel-types, bar the extreme uncommon Mega Scizor and the better but still uncommon Ferrothorn, for the same amount of damage that Hidden Power Fire will only with a slight fluctuation because of the way Pokemon rounds damage.

HP fire is a bad move on Xerneas, but you would be correct about the spread you would want with it. Both the HP and SpA are rayher arbitrary so taking 4 EVs out of either one would be fine.

E: fireninjaed

Yea, Im not actually running HP Fire on Xerneas.
I have a modest HP Fire Xerneas in-game and Im trying to figure out how to EV it (I guess this should be a question for the WiFi forum).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)