Most frustrating pokemon moments!

I had a battle in Showdown this morning. My Regigigas gets paralyzed from Thunderbolt from Heliolisk. Here's what happened:
Turn 1: paralysis
Turn 2: paralysis
Turn 3: flinch
Turn 4: flinch
Turn 5: paralysis
Turn 6: finally got off a Drain Punch, but the other guy switched to Octillery
Turn 7: paralysis
Turn 8: flinch
Don't get me started on Scarfed Jirachi spamming Iron Head.

Edit: Oh wait, I think I already did in an earlier post here. Lol.

When I lost my Pokemon Pearl cartridge for over two years. Found it when my dad was cleaning brother's room because he was moving downstairs.

Catching a Pokemon designed specifically to beat an in-game boss and losing it to dumb luck. I got Virizion for Ghetsis' BW1 Hydreigon because I heard it was specially defensive and still had good attack. My Virizion got a low roll, failed to KO, and then got critted and burned by Flamethrower, dying the next turn to burn damage. The worst part was that I'd pinned my hopes on that mon, so the rest of the team was super-weak and I didn't buy items because "It's a Legend with STAB Fighting attacks, I'll be fine!"

Reactions: JES
>mfw my Breloom doesn't get Spore even though he's level 80
>mfw I learn that it can only learn it when it's a level 45 Shroomish(Pokémon Y)
>mfw I remember I evolved it as fast as I could to get Mach Punch (Technician Breloom)
>mfw I realise I have no friends to trade a formidable Shroomish to pass the Mach Punch to the offspring
>mfw I realise I still have to learn a lot in breeding.
>mfw I realise how little I know about the games.

d_aww_jenny__revisited__by_frankrt-d5mx9c7.png

Last edited:
>mfw my Breloom doesn't get Spore even though he's level 80
>mfw I learn that it can only learn it when it's a level 45 Shroomish(Pokémon Y)
>mfw I remember I evolved it as fast as I could to get Mach Punch (Technician Breloom)
>mfw I realise I have no friends to trade a formidable Shroomish to pass the Mach Punch to the offspring

I'm pretty sure I have a Shroomish that fits this criteria. A few of them actually. Breedjects.

Stone Edge never hits when I use it.

Stone Edge always hits and even crits when opponents use it.

I hit myself always in confusion when I need to hit something.

I don't hit myself in confusion, when my opponent has a resistance or uses protect.

Don't get me started on Battle Maison and its Bright Powder Walrein with Sheer Cold, Fissure, Rest, Sleeptalk and Scarfed Mold Breaker Pinsir with Guillotine.

I have one: trying to catch a competitive Deoxys in AS without a Master Ball. I'm trying to get a good mixed Attack Deoxys meaning that I'm trying to get a Naive Deoxys with max attacks and speed. Even with a Jolly Synchronize Ralts, that means there is only a 1/40 shot that the Deoxys I'm facing is what I wanted. However, if you ever tried catching that Deoxys yourself, you will remember that it knows Recover (so it can restore half its health after you've already taken it down to 1 HP) and Cosmic Power (so it becomes HARDER to bring it back to 1 HP after you already attacked it). Even with Capture Power 2, it took forever to catch it.

I guess the constant day and a half to catch it really balanced out the 27/31/31/31/31/1 Quiet Cresselia I caught the same day.

Try a Level 4 Chatot, at 1 HP and sleeping, breaking out of my Nest Ball against a Level 55 Breloom.
I remember something similar happening to me. A guy was doing a giveaway via GTS and I had to deposit a Magikarp. Didn't have a spare one so I had to catch one. I encountered a level 5 Magikarp and it broke out of 6 of my Poke Balls, and I had to go back to the market to buy more balls. After encountering another level 5 Magikarp it broke out of 2 of my Great Balls, which caused me to be TOO LATE for the giveaway :(

Reactions: JES
No, it doesn't. Dialga and Palkia's catch rate was adjusted to 3 (likely due to not being a required capture anymore) and Xerneas and Yveltal have a catch rate of 45.
Well it used to be 30 when I read that. And I thought those two had capture rates of 30 like the other "more required" legendary captures. Though now I can claim Chatot has a lower capture rate than Xerneas and Yveltal!

Pokémon White randomiser Nuzlocké, I chose Swoobat, Bianca chose Skarmory and Tranquill was left to Cheren. I caught a Graveler in the first route.

N challenges me to a battle,
Sends out PILOSWINE.
Guess who hits a crit with Powder Snow?
Send out Graveler, dies.
Send out Swoobat.
Slowly KO the Piloswine.

-After a while-

OMG Virizion (wastes all pokéballs).
Bianca challenges me to a battle.
VOLTORB.
KO it.
Guess who's back! Now with Sand-Attack!
Took me a few solid minutes to take Skarmory down, almost lost the nuzlocké.

UPDATE:

Cheren is back with a DRAPION. It has Bite & this nuzlocké is over...

i hate this game.png
WAT..png
Wait, WHAT?!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)