2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder who is going to be at the top of the bundesliga at the end of the season lol
Well, I think Dortmund and Wolfsburg will be pretty good this year. Tuchel has really got Dortmund back to where they used to be in terms of everyone just committing forward and being coordinated both offensively and defensively. A completely different Dortmund from last season. Wolfsburg is also solid.

Champions (Play-off round)

FC Astana (Kaz) 1 - 0 APOEL (Cyp)
BATE (Blr) 1 - 0 Partizan (Srb)
Lazio (Ita) 1 - 0 Leverkusen (Ger)
Manchester Utd (Eng) 3 - 1 Club Brugge (Bel)

Sporting (Por) 2 - 1 CSKA Mosca (Rus)

Well, I think Dortmund and Wolfsburg will be pretty good this year. Tuchel has really got Dortmund back to where they used to be in terms of everyone just committing forward and being coordinated both offensively and defensively. A completely different Dortmund from last season. Wolfsburg is also solid.
lol, wasnt meant to be taken too seriously since dortmund and bayern just blew out 2 teams right away

lol, wasnt meant to be taken too seriously since dortmund and bayern just blew out 2 teams right away
I mean, the main factor will be how well can the teams maintain consistency over the season. Bayern didn't have the best record against other top Bundesliga teams (lost 4-1 to Wolfsburg, tied Schalke who had a horrible season both times, lost to Leverkusen, tied/lost to Monchengladbach, etc), but they kept up the consistency over the entire season for 79 points whereas the other Bundesliga teams kinda shot themselves in the foot at some time when they weren't playing Bayern lol.

Dortmund imo can do it if they stay healthy. Wolfsburg need Kevin De Bruyne to perform again, but given the transfer saga that is ongoing, we'll see how that plays out.

Talksport reporting that Benzema to Arsenal is happening - 63m euro. I usually don't trust them at all but it's funny how I still cling on when it's a rumour about Arsenal!

Utd going after Pedro and Mane is just ridiculous. They need another striker not another winger!

Talksport reporting that Benzema to Arsenal is happening - 63m euro. I usually don't trust them at all but it's funny how I still cling on when it's a rumour about Arsenal!

Utd going after Pedro and Mane is just ridiculous. They need another striker not another winger!
Pedro is apparently going to Chelsea. And yeah, unless this is Mesut Ozil level, Benzema is staying in Real Madrid. I think it would be a huge mistake for Madrid to let him go, but we'll see after the transfer window closes.

Lmao. Benzema isn't going anywhere. We will randomly get some 32 yr old striker from a no name team in France.

United screwed the Pedro deal up for sure. I don't think he's that good anyways.

Lmao. Benzema isn't going anywhere. We will randomly get some 32 yr old striker from a no name team in France.

United screwed the Pedro deal up for sure. I don't think he's that good anyways.
Not like either United or Chelsea needed another offensive player anyway.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Not like either United or Chelsea needed another offensive player anyway.
Not United, but we desperately needed one, and Pedro may not be at his peak anymore but he's an upgrade on Willian and that's good enough.

really....
Pedro is meh, but Mane.... we are not Liverpool, silly sums of money on attacking Southampton players...

Not United, but we desperately needed one, and Pedro may not be at his peak anymore but he's an upgrade on Willian and that's good enough.
But will Pedro actually start over Willian? And idk, I think Chelsea's main problems right now are more tactical than player-wise. One of my friends who is a Chelsea fan thinks that Ivanovic's poor form and Terry's slow pace is making Chelsea have to play less tactically sound in order to accommodate them. I think Zouma and Rahman need time to get more integrated into the team and put Azpi back on Right Back.

looks like cuadrado's dreams of finally making it off the bench are shattered...

in other news, man city just got a HUGE upgrade at CB. otamendi was the best defender in la liga last season, and top 5 in the world imo. he should integrate and mesh well with the other argentinians. man city is back as title favorites until chelsea and man u prove otherwise ...

But Mangala was also an excellent player in the 2013/14 season, you just never know how things will turn out...

Pedro is not great but he get goals and Chelsea do need goals from more than just Costa and Hazard penalties.

A Barcelona source told SunSport: "United are one of the biggest clubs in the world so it is right they should be chasing a player who has the potential to be the best player on the planet."
apparently United after Neymar.
is there anyone else we can bid on for no reason because we can, and that were not ever going to sign ever?

There more likely to get those two then neymar.The neymar future best player in the world hype is a joke, 35yr old crippled playmaker messi who doesnt move will still be better. He is also a mile behind Suarez.

Last edited:

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
We finally have a goal scoring, assist making right winger to complement Hazard and what a huge difference it made. Not only did he score, lucky as he may have been, he even created one, talk about a dream debut. Costa opened his account as well, we're finally playing like champions. Was really disappointed that Baba didn't start over Ivanovic who was at fault yet again, hopefully we won't have to see any more of him. The Sun's claiming the Pogba deal's done while more credible sources say Pogba is not for sale but I don't think it's impossible. The Stones deal is more likely to be wrapped up before the window closes, though a defender is more of a luxury addition IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)