League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is Diana meta now? She was banned in all 3 games between CJ and KOO. Sorry I don't follow competitive scene too closely this split

pretty much nobody plays her in the west (I think Shiphtur played her at one point?) but she's popular in China, GODV in particular is a really talented Diana player and is possibly the second best mid laner in the world right now

lmao dice how do you know that is xj9, is he banned again yet god bless

also I've never been chat restricted (actually that reminded me I gotta do my placements, but then again the server movement might make that impossible because I'll be playing at ~250 ping :/ unless I transfer my main to OCE...) but I think no ranked rewards for a single, fairly minor chat restriction where players have shown to improve and not been restricted again during the season is a little harsh, especially given in mind the team's intent towards rehabilitative action.

Also obviously the 'reward' in not being chat restricted is, uh, not being chat restricted and also not pissing the fuck out of your team which gets you chat restricted in the first place, but there is a whole heap of pissed off players now in Gold+ who are now gonna see themselves as having no incentive to reform this season, regardless of whether that's right or not (it isn't, but y'know).

IDK, I can be pretty passive aggressive when provoked and I personally feel like I need to grow up a bit or just start muting everyone when I start to play without 4 friends, so I can't feel any schadenfreude here. I just don't see how this helps anyone now that it wouldn't if not applied retroactively.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have a friend who's kind of a huge douche and on the one hand it'll be good for him not to get rewards.

On the other hand, though, this really is a terrible standard Riot's trying to enforce. Chat restrictions, as jumpluff pointed out, can be a fairly minor offense. Is it really fair to take rewards from these people rather than leavers/trolls who just happen to not have been banned yet?

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As a proud representative of the five-minute low priority queue (rip dorm internet, have never purposefully left a game) I am laughing it up right now

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I just rage at my screen and after the game is finished. Though lately I have been pretty toxic in real life. So I guess if I do ranked again... there is that possibility I won't get rewards because I may chew out someone like a Morgana player who didn't build Zhonyas until her last item and AFTER she sold her support item.

Oh God Team Builder what cancerous things you bring.

I can at least confirm that Titanic Hydra and Sterak's is so-so on Sion. Probably best on Shyvana and current Skarner. Dead Man's Plate has been around for a while but I like it as a possible item on tanks just to help ease set up of skillshot cc.

because I may chew out someone like a Morgana player who didn't build Zhonyas until her last item and AFTER she sold her support item.
as long as the morgana is building actual support items then this is actually quite reasonable; a locket, zeke's, mikael's, righteous glory, and talisman are all items that you can easily make a case for getting instead of zhonya's especially given how difficult it is to buy an NLR on a support budget

if the morg is delaying zhonya's to build deathcap first though then ?_____?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)