Your 10 Favorite Albums

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
they're not really ordered following liking, i like all of these the same tbh

10. good kid, m.A.A.d city - Kendrick Lamar

9. Unknown Death 2002 -
Yung Lean

8. Because The Internet - Childish Gambino

7. Madvillainy - Madvillain

6. Afro Samurai - The RZA

5. Liquid Swords - GZA

4. Hallelujah - Igorrr

3. HUD DREEMS - KNXWLEDGE

2. We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank - Modest Mouse

1. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - Pharoahe Monch

in no particular order:

1. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
2. Black Sabbath - Reunion
3. Massive Attack - Mezzanine
4. Om - Pilgrimage
5. Kyuss - Welcome to Sky Valley
6. Earth - Hibernaculum
7. Tycho - Dive
8. Rush - Moving Pictures
9. Tame Impala - Lonerism
10. Nujabes - Metaphorical Music

RODAN

Banned deucer.

an update to my list

not in any specific order but the list is

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Nujabes - Modal Soul
Triple-Q - Cut, Paste and Kill
Lights - The Listening
Gorillaz - Demon Days
Justice - Cross
Kyarypamyupamyu - Nandacollection
Jeff Buckley - Grace
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
Death Grips - Exmilitary

though i can't make a cool 5x2 atm

1. Rise Against - The Sufferer and the Witness
2. Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork
3. Swans - To Be Kind
4. Tool - 10,000 Days
5. Soundgarden - Superunknown
6. can't decide between three death grips albums so i'll just put the whole fuckin' discography in this spot
7. Soundgarden - Superunknown
8. Yousei Teikoku - Pax Vesania
9. Daft Punk - Discovery
10. Sum 41 - Chuck

some could be moved around, i guess idc

Last edited:

not in particular order:
The Kinks - The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
The Who - Who's Next
Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
Nas - Illmatic
The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico
David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
The Doors - The Doors
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

No particular order:
U2 - War
Pink Floyd - Animals
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick
Eagles - Hotel California
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Bad Company - Bad Company
Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Marvin Gaye What's Going On
Nothing to say, he was the greatest, it's hard to really choose one, because the best songs are really scattered across the albums

Lenny Kravitz 5 (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15)
I know it looks has-been as fuck, but this shit is flawless, there isnt a single song that I dislike and this album will always has a special meaning for me.

Jamiroquai A Funk Odyssey
If Funk isn't dead, that's basically thank to Jami, he's a freaking monster, his albums are all so good and underated.

Delegation Eau De Vie
For me the best Funk Album, really solid.

Chromeo White Women
Their best album by far, and IMO the best of the genre.

The Game Doctor's Advocate
I couldn't stop listening to this when I was younger.

Kanye West The College Dropout
Same as above, hard to pick one album, but this one has a very unic atmosphere and overall more songs that I like than the others.

NAS Nigga
Yea, blow me with your Illmatic.

Foster The People Torches
One of the few albums of the genre that I find consistent. Yea, consistent as fuck.

IAM L'Ecole Du Micro D'Argent
The best French rap has to offer, I grew up listening to this, I knew every single song by heart. It's not even funny how above everybody else they are to me.
Yo they made songs with Wu-Tang.

No particular order.
A bit hard to make a real top10, I could have added at least 30 others. What a shame that Luther Vandross, Curtis Mayfield, The Whispers, Kool and the Gang, Shalamar, Nina Simone, RATM, Justice, Breakbot, DR.Dre, Phoenix, 113... didn't make it. Holy shit forgive me.
Enjoy anyway.

Last edited:
though i can't make a cool 5x2 atm

1. Rise Against - The Sufferer and the Witness
2. Queens of the Stone Age - ...Like Clockwork
3. Swans - To Be Kind
4. Tool - 10,000 Days
5. Soundgarden - Superunknown
6. can't decide between three death grips albums so i'll just put the whole fuckin' discography in this spot
7. Soundgarden - Superunknown
8. Yousei Teikoku - Pax Vesania
9. Daft Punk - Discovery
10. Sum 41 - Chuck

some could be moved around, i guess idc
moved into the trash maybe.

i keed i keed

but seriously...

moved into the trash maybe.

i keed i keed

but seriously...
on one hand i'd like to be a musical circlejerker needle dropper myself, but on the other hand i don't give enough of a shit
too fixated on the things i already enjoy to broaden myself, i'm slow at trying new things.
it's cool, tho. music is subjective.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
some albums i always revisit and still appreciate wholeheartedly

purity ring - shrines
purity ring - another eternity
clouddead - ten
the national - boxer
lana del rey - paradise edition
the dismemberment plan - emergency and i
of montreal - hissing fauna are you the destroyer
lady gaga - born this way
arcade fire - funeral
marina and the diamonds - electra heart

I like Debut and Post more from Bjork than Vespertine just because I got more emotional with those while listening to the discography chronologically and that kind of feeling is very rare when listening to her more recent works. Tho she's great in The Power that B so ...
Cool list

I like Debut and Post more from Bjork than Vespertine just because I got more emotional with those while listening to the discography chronologically and that kind of feeling is very rare when listening to her more recent works. Tho she's great in The Power that B so ...
Cool list
the decision between choosing Debut and Vespertine is incredibly hard :X it depends on my mood at the time of listening. I feel that Post shows off her more extravagant creative side and it doesn't do much for me, (I also find It's Oh So Quiet rather annoying). I absolutely love Vespertine though, and overall while the songwriting on both is stellar (Vesp has It's Not Up To You, Undo, Pagan Poetry - Debut has Crying which might actually be my favourite Bjork song and Play Dead) I prefer the actual "style" on Vespertine since it's more unified and homogenous in its subtlety while Debut mixes it up quite a bit. So it's a form vs content debate. =)

The Powers that B is very good I agree

you could afford to be less pretentious. respect that other people like other music. the music you listen to is in no way better than the music he listens to, or the music some EDM concert goer listens to, or any other dude. no music is objectively better than other music.
it's true, i could afford that. but that's way less fun.

i do believe my taste in music is better than everyone elses. this is a belie that everyone shares, that's what "taste" is.

but i will say that music being subjective is debatable.

it's not a matter of opinion that Rachmaninoff is better than Ke$ha.

to an extent, how good or bad music is is subjective, but in my view there is absolutely objectively good music and objectively bad music. whether someone likes it anyway is subjective.

for instance, i love Jandek, but his music is absolutely objectively terrible.

Jandek owns, and let's not do him a disservice by saying his music has anything "objectively" bad about it -- it's just our preconceptions of what dictates the quality of music. Jandek writes and performs music in a very different way to the rest of Western pop music. Firstly, he lacks many cornerstones of what we usually describe as "technical skill", and he also uses unconventional scales and an avant-garde lyrical style. This isn't objectively bad. In my opinion, the use/purpose of music is expression of ideas, emotions, or forms, or lack thereof etc. Until we put devise criteria which suggest a different way to judge music (I personally don't think it's possible), who's to say Rachmaninoff is expressing himself in a superior way to Ke$ha?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)