The Strumline [Fakedex Project on 4th post]

I love Cuspix and Roachach, Strum! Have I ever mentioned that I really like your drawing style? It fits Cawmodore and Plasmanta very well.

Unfortunately, I can't say I'm greatest fan of the soft-shading, but that's probably due to my adjustment to Sugimori-style shading as I see it on DeviantArt. Otherwise, I really love your art.

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I love Cuspix and Roachach, Strum! Have I ever mentioned that I really like your drawing style? It fits Cawmodore and Plasmanta very well.

Unfortunately, I can't say I'm greatest fan of the soft-shading, but that's probably due to my adjustment to Sugimori-style shading as I see it on DeviantArt. Otherwise, I really love your art.
Oh thanks mova! ^_^ Well at first I wanted to use sugi-style on my fakemons (as I attempted on Ghouzelle and Shamantra) but eventually went back to my own style because I can't help but want to be distinct out of all the fakemon artists at deviantArt, even if by a little bit :P

Also a fakemon update! A Grass/Electric line based on bioluminescent mushrooms: Lampuff and Phospore!

Yeah I know they're a bit too saturated, but that's the way I wanted it for these two haha XD

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey wow, the new mushrooms are really great :) I like how stagnant works, and I like the names and the colours (i actually like the saturation), and the expression on lampuff's face is really cute too! Keep this up m8 :)

This is actually one of the most impressive Fakedexes I've seen. The art looks so believable and reminiscent of the real games (well, not each one but a big majority) and totally like something I'd raise on one of my teams. Good job!

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
A mixed update:

Yay after a while I stopped slacking and made some art for Pokemon Showdown's The Player Magazine :P

First up is an avatar for Sweep in his interview: Heil Helix!

Next is an artwork in Gurren Lagann style for Ask the Admins #3 which represents Okuu , Vacate , and verbatim : Ask the Swagmins!

And of course, a goddamn boring round of fakemons yet again :P

First up is my Desert Plantmon, based on the Aloe Vera: Chlorovera

Yeah it intentionally looks like Maractus to an extent. Same BST too. :)

Next is my early route bird family, based on woodpeckers: Chiculet, Peckeroo and Bunkreckr!

CAW CAW MOTHERFUCKER

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
ANOTHER NECROBUMP!!!(seriously man I sure love procrastinating goddammit)

To spice things up, here's a couple of artworks I've done for my OC, Magistelle:

Both of which is included in this Art Room Banner for Pokemon Showdown. (Yeah, I got away with it lol)

Stay tuned for an upcoming Magistelle doujinshi- *gets shot*

Next is an illustration for The Player's Best of the Worst Room Suggestions Article:

"Moo Room" and "Shoe Room"? Seriously who the fuck suggests these things...

And of course, the mandatory bunch of shitty and boring fakemons:
The mandatory Pikaclone of my dex: Birinne!

Here's another forme of Vendorsa, which is obtained by evolving it on Tuesdays: Vendorsa Silk Forme

Next is a Bug line based on Ants, which has gender-exclusive evolutions! Presenting Larvant, Raidiant and Gaiantess!

And finally, a Water/Dark line based on Krill and Mantis Shrimp. Here's Shrimpip and Prwnage!

(OMG Phione was right!)

Last edited:

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Update:
A Fire/Ice family that consists of 2 different fakemon that has the same evolution: Pyrospira, Cryospira and Omnispira

And a camerupt subspecies Ice/Rock fakemon that's a combination of Mountain Goat x Ibex x Yak: Bahramute

And to avoid making this just another round of boring fakemons, here's a WIP sketch of Magistelle trying to ponytail her hair :P

Looks a lot more impressive with colour now! and I love where you put the keystone. Can't help but feel like the pose is a bit 'dainty' for a champ but meh. Lovely colour scheme though, can definetly see she uses mostly steel

I really like the design for your champion. I'm taking more of a liking toward the art style, as it retains that distinct look. Loving Magistelle as well, she's awesome. Keep up the good work!

Valeria is a cutiepie.

Other than your obvious talent for making creative fakemons, you surely make amazing character designs as well. Loving the choice of colours for Valeria, it gives you a good hint on what pokemon type she favors, and adds on to her personality.

Regarding the fakemons my favourite would have to be the bird family starting with Chiculet, even though it's not something you made very recently :v Looking back at that Ask the Admins artwork that you whipped up so quickly for The Player's release, it really brings back some good memories and reminds me of how fast you can create a beautiful piece.

Anyways, I'll be looking forward to many more of your fakemons and probably future CAP art entries.

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Wew I should bump this thread more often...

First is a Mega Lopunny fanart I did a while back. Here's Rabu Rabu Rabbit! (hey that kinda sounds like some mahou shoujo-tier nonsense lol)

And of course another round of boring fakemons!

First in line is my CAP entry for last CAP21. Based on the cockatrice, here's Starkatrice!

Next is my first mega, and is Valeria's partner fakemon! Here's Mega Valthena!

Yeah yeah I'm a dick for giving it Gale Wings on top of those ridiculous stats. Kill me.

Next is a Grass-type line based on the Corpse Flower: Sprotten and Putrigant!

I think this one would be an absolute monster with subseed lol

Next is a Normal/Rock line based on piggies: Squigglet and Quarthog!

Angry snoutface FTW

Next is a Bug/Steel fakemon based on the Ironclad Beetle: Ferrusect!

Does it resemble a Kamen Rider or something?

Next is a Normal-type line inspired by Squirrels and Army/Military theme, and is supposedly my early route rodent of the dex: Squirrunt and Squirnel!

HEIL HITLER well it was based on US military but I guess I had too much fun and gave it a nazi salute pose lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some character sketches I've been memeing messing with:

And of course, my post just won't be the same without shaming my OC Magistelle in some way! Here's Magistelle in maid and swimsuit outfits!

This one is slightly NSFW, but who cares? Wet t-shirts defy all of my remaining sanity anyway!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)