Project Teambuilding Workshop v2 (Closed) [READ OP and Post #553]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
Always wanted an offensive team around this guy, I like it's HA so much. Hit's stupidly hard and 85/100 Physical defenses isn't bad, surving pretty much any priority move. Moves are self explanatory, but Fera still struggles against Water-types, mainly Pony. As such, I wanted his partner to be...

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Glare
Checks pony and water-types nicely. It's a potent cleaner with High Speed and lots of power with Leaf Storm + Contrary, and forms a very destructive duo with Fera. Sweet deal here is Glare. Feraligatr main problem is hisless that average sweep for a win/con and as Feraligatr beats some of Serperior's checks, it would do it even better if it could outspeed them. As this teams may tend to be extremely offensive, Glare may also aid in any slow mon you guys may add up ;o
Show me your moves workshop!
Mine

Edit: Gross SD Gatr. I'm changing sets.

Last edited:
M-Altaria + Hoopa-Unbound
Bulky-Offense/Semi-stall/Balance

Fabulous (Altaria-Mega) (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 104 Def / 12 SpD / 152 Spe
- Return
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

All around good stats and typing, only a few counters out there.

Ewwwww (Hoopa-Unbound) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot

Also amazing stats and typing, and a wallbreaker at it's finest.

Hoopa wrecks stall. Altaria can wreck offense if it just gets up one d-dance. Hoopa appreciates a bug resist, and Altaria appreciates Hoopa's poison resist. On both I put a "set-up move", so if they switch into a mon that's threatening the other, they can set up while they switch. Pretty simple. I think bulky offense/semi-stall/balance would suit this best. Not much of a typing synergy, but a more strategy synergy. I went for bulky altaria with EQ for steels/poison, and also the standard Hoopa. When building the team, you might want to be careful of Scizor. Bullet Punch/Bug Bite wrecks Altaria and Hoopa. Feel free to switch up the moves, I'm not exactly the greatest at movesets and stuff XD

oh, and it opened just in time for the tournament :D thx bruhs

Hello good people. today I come to you with a core that I think looks interesting. Although I found it hard to make a team around it to properly work in this meta. So i'd like for better players like you guys to Build a balanced team around these 2, but if it doesn't feel well, feel free to make it hyper offensive or anything else(preferably not stall tho :])

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack

Now the purpose of the core may be a bit vague but the purpose is that SD terrakion weakens most checks to DD altaria. Terrakion (especially with a SD) likes to Kill or weaken annoying steel types who either stop altaria from sweeping, paralyze it or kill it with gyron ball(or other steel moves), like Skarmory, Ferrothorn, brongsong,etc (all ohko'd at +2) . It has also proven to be able to force switches, get up an SD and follow to get of solid 85% of on defensive venusaurs with stone edge, straight killing CM clefable and other problems for Altaria.

Now for Altaria. Terrakion likes to bring in the likes of sableye, gliscore, bulky slowbro,etc. Now they all like to status and usually poison or burn. Facade on altaria pretty much makes all of these mons set up fodder for altaria, easilly getting a +2 or 3 and bopping the rest of the team for victory.

As a not so important note on the terrakion: it likes to force switches into scarfers as well and 8/10 it ends in checkmate situations. they lock themselves in moves altaria can easily come in and set up, they switch into something to burn it, waste their time doing so cause I have facade and when that is done and dealth with i could be at+3 or 4 and I win. example: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-259619607 turn 10 ish
I know y'all have allot of projects going on but thanks in advance for taking some time for it. and if the core isn't accepted thanks anyways for atleast reading :]

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello good people. today I come to you with a core that I think looks interesting. Although I found it hard to make a team around it to properly work in this meta. So i'd like for better players like you guys to Build a balanced team around these 2, but if it doesn't feel well, feel free to make it hyper offensive or anything else(preferably not stall tho :])

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack

Now the purpose of the core may be a bit vague but the purpose is that SD terrakion weakens most checks to DD altaria Terrakion (especially with a SD) likes to Kill or weaken annoying steel types who either stop altaria from sweeping, paralyze it or kill it with gyron ball, like Skarmory, Ferrothorn, brongsong,etc (all ohko'd at +2) . It has also proven to be able to force switches, get up an SD and follow to get of solid 85% of on defensive venusaurs with stone edge, straight killing CM clefable and other problems for Altaria.

Now for Altaria Terrakion likes to bring in the likes of sableye, gliscore, bulky slowbro,etc. Now they all like to status and usually posion and burn Facade on altaria pretty much makes all of these mons set up foddef for altaria, easilly getting a +2 or 3 and bopping the rest of the team for victory.

As a not so important note on the terrakion it likes to force switches into scarfers as well and 8/10 it ends in checkmate situations were they lock themselves in moves altaria can easily come in and set up, they switch into something to burn it, waste their time cause I have facade and I win. example: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-259619607 turn 10 ish
I know y'all have allot of projects going on but thanks in advance for taking some time for it. and if the core isn't accepted thanks anyways for atleast reading :]
sounds fun. is mine

I would like an offensive team around this cool darkspam core I found in the good cores thread. It looked really cool and crawdaunt is a cool mon so yeah. Feel free to change sets if it helps like pursuit bish etc.

Offensive Core: Bisharp + Crawdaunt

This is a pretty well known dark spam core so I'm surprised no one has posted about it before. It consists of two extremely hard hitting dark type pokemon which weaken each other checks and counters so the other one can win late game. One example of a pokemon which they seemingly lose to is keldeo, however a knock off from either crawdaunt or bisharp allows it to die to a +2 sucker punch later in the game. They're both SD in order to put the most pressure on the opponent and whittling the opposing pokemon before getting rid of their leftovers. The extra steel/water type are also extremely useful as it helps bisharp resist grass types which try to come in on crawdaunt such as ferrothorn. The water type is nice on crawdaunt as it allows it to allows it to beat faster fire type pokemon such as heatran or hit hippowdon for a lot. I'm using life orb on both of them in order to get the maximum damage output. Bisharp is running adamant as I don't feel jolly is necessary and the extra damage is extremely helpful while crawdaunt is running jolly in order to outspeed rotom-w.
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

[/Hide]

I found this core of dragonite + zard y in the good oras cores and I really liked it. Dragonite struggles to beat things like hippo, skarm and ferrothorn all of which zard y can come in on and then proceed to nuke. Zard y has problems beating things like chansey for example. Dragonite can come in and set up on them with out much worry. I would like this team to be more offensive but if balanced is necessary then it is fine.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Heal Bell

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic

uh, lure latios to take out mega altaria's counters. psychic to beat mega venu.

Hello was hoping to have a team built around my namesake

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Heatran @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Ancientpower

Figured I'd try a FWG core with Serperior, Starmie and Heatran. Serperior dealing with bulky waters that trouble the other two. Starmie dealing with Venusaur and Gengar who can cause trouble while Heatran deals with threats like Talonflame and Clefable while tearing through other Pokemon that even resist it's Specs boosted Fire Blast. Overall I'm simply looking for a team that let's Serperior shine.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would like an offensive team around this cool darkspam core I found in the good cores thread. It looked really cool and crawdaunt is a cool mon so yeah. Feel free to change sets if it helps like pursuit bish etc.
Offensive Core: Bisharp + Crawdaunt

This is a pretty well known dark spam core so I'm surprised no one has posted about it before. It consists of two extremely hard hitting dark type pokemon which weaken each other checks and counters so the other one can win late game. One example of a pokemon which they seemingly lose to is keldeo, however a knock off from either crawdaunt or bisharp allows it to die to a +2 sucker punch later in the game. They're both SD in order to put the most pressure on the opponent and whittling the opposing pokemon before getting rid of their leftovers. The extra steel/water type are also extremely useful as it helps bisharp resist grass types which try to come in on crawdaunt such as ferrothorn. The water type is nice on crawdaunt as it allows it to allows it to beat faster fire type pokemon such as heatran or hit hippowdon for a lot. I'm using life orb on both of them in order to get the maximum damage output. Bisharp is running adamant as I don't feel jolly is necessary and the extra damage is extremely helpful while crawdaunt is running jolly in order to outspeed rotom-w.
Grabbing this

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
was mine skipped or just still being worked on ? just wondering
Pretty sure no one is working on anything that was posted before the shop reopened. If this isn't the case then I guess someone else on the team can correct me but I think that's why we reopened in the first place. You are more than welcome to post a different core if you would like.

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- SolarBeam
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 Atk / 36 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Fang

Hi, I would like a core built around these two Pokemon. I feel that Mega-Aerodactyl is an anti-meta Pokemon and its blazing fast speed allows it to easily clean up offense. This Heatran set supports Aerodactyl because it takes out unsuspecting Water-types such as Rotom-Wash, Slowbro, etc. with Power Herb Solarbeam. I found this core on the Good Core threads posted by BlazeLatias. Please and thank you.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- SolarBeam
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 Atk / 36 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Fang

Hi, I would like a core built around these two Pokemon. I feel that Mega-Aerodactyl is an anti-meta Pokemon and its blazing fast speed allows it to easily clean up offense. This Heatran set supports Aerodactyl because it takes out unsuspecting Water-types such as Rotom-Wash, Slowbro, etc. with Power Herb Solarbeam. I found this core on the Good Core threads posted by BlazeLatias. Please and thank you.
got it

Hi everyone, really cool thread! I Really wanted to use tangrowth because it is one of my favorite pokemon, and actually has a decent niche in OU due to it's amazing bulk and ability. While looking at a list of stuff to pair it with sand seemed like an really good option because it beats most sand checks, plus it beats opposing sand and rain as well as giving the team a solid pivot.
Here are the three mons ( I know three mon cores suck so feel free to change the sets to your liking).

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice

Hi everyone, really cool thread! I Really wanted to use tangrowth because it is one of my favorite pokemon, and actually has a decent niche in OU due to it's amazing bulk and ability. While looking at a list of stuff to pair it with sand seemed like an really good option because it beats most sand checks, plus it beats opposing sand and rain as well as giving the team a solid pivot.
Here are the three mons ( I know three mon cores suck so feel free to change the sets to your liking).

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
Mine

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Heal Bell

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic

uh, lure latios to take out mega altaria's counters. psychic to beat mega venu.
taking this

Hey guys, I've already asked for a team build so I'm not sure if this is cheating but can I get another? Here's the core:)

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Serperior @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

T-tar is super fun to sweep with. Most of his checks are either waters like Keldeo, slowbro, rotom-wash, or bulky grounds like defensive chomp, hippo, and lando. Serperior blows through almost all of these guys no problem, and t-tar switches into the stuff Serperior doesn't like, such as talonflame or the zards. I've built with this core before and it's very hyper offensive whenever I build it, so I would love it if you guys could build it that way too but if you see balance as the way to go then go right ahead! Thanks guys :)

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Uh this isnt so much a rule but a point of reference if a core hasnt been taken in like a weeks time I would probably consider it omitted.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
Warning: This core decimates any build Analytic will ever make heh
+

Serperior @ Leftovers / Coba Berry / Miracle Seed
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
- Glare
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Rock / Taunt / Hyper Beam

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords dance
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missle

Explanation: I know someone made a rmt with this, but I really didnt like the team but I loved the concept, which is to paralyze stuff with Serp like Mega Alty, Torn-T, and other Hera switch ins. I decided in the initial core to add Hidden Power Rock Serp which lures in Talonflame, and with correct prediction (or Coba), can easily knock it out for Hera to sweep. Taunt is an option to stop other Twave spammers, and Hyper Beam is something cool to decimate Mega Alty. Heracross is a cool mon because it can just steamroll balance and pressure offense to an extent with Glare support. Jolly is used to outspeed Bisharp, but I generally prefer Adamant if the build isnt too sharp weak. Obviously, there is a ton of overlapping weaknesses and stuff but its a fun core to build and I cant wait to see what y'all build.

E: for the love of god, please dont use LO Serp on this build, I generally have a distaste for it

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Me and ur mom

Quick preface for everyone else: we spoke in PMs and I told him I was changing the Terrakion set (since double dance has serious problems setting up). He told me to just build with Volcarona in that case, preferably bulky offense or balance so here it is.

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 200 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

So starting off with Volcarona I had 3 mons that I wanted to be able to check: Talonflame, Heatran and Azumarill. I went with a defensive Lando-T to check Talonflame, and threaten Heatran while still checking other stuff like Zard X and Excadrill. I added Latias since I was going to need hazard removal for Volcarona and a check to water types like Keldeo, with checking Zard Y and the ability to hurt BD Azumarill as bonuses. Next up I added Scizor to have a form of priority, Draco switch-in and Bisharp/Weavile/fairy check. I've chosen U-turn to complete the core with Lando-T, especially since Talonflame walls Scizor I'd rather get out of there than let it be a problem. I was looking fairly weak to electric types as well as Torn-T, so I added Raikou. Calm Mind is the best set right now in my opinion because it puts pressure on both balance and offense. I opted for Extrasensory in the last slot just so I have another answer to Mega Venusaur which was looking pretty annoying, but you can use Sub or Volt Switch I think both fit pretty well here. Last up Azumarill provides a strong physical wallbreaker, another form of priority and something to prevent HP Fire Lati from running me over. Gives me a second check to Charizard X and Weavile and my first real answer to Mega Gyarados. Overall each of what I deemed the top 3 threats to Volcarona have two checks: Landorus-T & Raikou (Talonflame), Mega Scizor & Raikou (Azumarill), and Azumarill & Landorus-T (Heatran).

I've played with teams like this before and I really wanted to have the VoltTurn core to keep up momentum, so play with that in mind.

An alternate version of the team had a few different sets:
Jolly Double Edge Azu (for Venu) + Volt Switch on Raikou + Superpower or Knock Off on Scizor

Hope you enjoy.

Me and ur mom

Quick preface for everyone else: we spoke in PMs and I told him I was changing the Terrakion set (since double dance has serious problems setting up). He told me to just build with Volcarona in that case, preferably bulky offense or balance so here it is.

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 200 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

So starting off with Volcarona I had 3 mons that I wanted to be able to check: Talonflame, Heatran and Azumarill. I went with a defensive Lando-T to check Talonflame, and threaten Heatran while still checking other stuff like Zard X and Excadrill. I added Latias since I was going to need hazard removal for Volcarona and a check to water types like Keldeo, with checking Zard Y and the ability to hurt BD Azumarill as bonuses. Next up I added Scizor to have a form of priority, Draco switch-in and Bisharp/Weavile/fairy check. I've chosen U-turn to complete the core with Lando-T, especially since Talonflame walls Scizor I'd rather get out of there than let it be a problem. I was looking fairly weak to electric types as well as Torn-T, so I added Raikou. Calm Mind is the best set right now in my opinion because it puts pressure on both balance and offense. I opted for Extrasensory in the last slot just so I have another answer to Mega Venusaur which was looking pretty annoying, but you can use Sub or Volt Switch I think both fit pretty well here. Last up Azumarill provides a strong physical wallbreaker, another form of priority and something to prevent HP Fire Lati from running me over. Gives me a second check to Charizard X and Weavile and my first real answer to Mega Gyarados. Overall each of what I deemed the top 3 threats to Azumarill have two checks: Landorus-T & Raikou (Talonflame), Mega Scizor & Raikou (Azumarill), and Azumarill + Landorus-T (Heatran).

I've played with teams like this before and I really wanted to have the VoltTurn core to keep up momentum, so play with that in mind.

An alternate version of the team had a few different sets:
Jolly Double Edge Azu (for Venu) + Volt Switch on Raikou + Superpower or Knock Off on Scizor

Hope you enjoy.
Its sick tysm for taking the time to do this Bludz :]

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
+

Here's a little core I theorymonned a while back for OU. Fast Mega Scizor and Scarftar are two mons that inherently give balanced / offensive playstyles a lot of trouble, due to fast priority and the incredible utility of scarf pursuit. Fast Mega Zor's very powerful attacks, alongside its surprising speed, is very hard for a majority of OU to handle, while its high natural bulk and great typing give it plenty of opportunities to set up. Its few checks, such as talonflame, zapdos, and both zards, are beaten by scarftar. A stallbreaker is needed for the core, but overall this core works well on its own. Bulky/heavy offense is preferred to me, as I can't stand running mainstream balance.

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
Warning: This core decimates any build Analytic will ever make heh
+

Serperior @ Leftovers / Coba Berry / Miracle Seed
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
- Glare
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Rock / Taunt / Hyper Beam

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords dance
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missle

Explanation: I know someone made a rmt with this, but I really didnt like the team but I loved the concept, which is to paralyze stuff with Serp like Mega Alty, Torn-T, and other Hera switch ins. I decided in the initial core to add Hidden Power Rock Serp which lures in Talonflame, and with correct prediction (or Coba), can easily knock it out for Hera to sweep. Taunt is an option to stop other Twave spammers, and Hyper Beam is something cool to decimate Mega Alty. Heracross is a cool mon because it can just steamroll balance and pressure offense to an extent with Glare support. Jolly is used to outspeed Bisharp, but I generally prefer Adamant if the build isnt too sharp weak. Obviously, there is a ton of overlapping weaknesses and stuff but its a fun core to build and I cant wait to see what y'all build.

E: for the love of god, please dont use LO Serp on this build, I generally have a distaste for it
Mine, but js there's no need to run Glare and HP Rock so I'll probably stick to HP Fire.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
then what's the difference between this request and team 35?
I suppose nothing. Just letting you know that HP Rock makes no sense when Glare already cripples Flying switch-ins. Also HP Rock doesn't really do much unless you are able to surprise Talonflame as they SD or something.

252 SpA Serperior Hidden Power Rock vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 168-200 (46.7 - 55.7%) -- 16% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

yikes, I would rather just Glare it on the switch-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)