ORAS OU Forbidden Sun

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

INTRODUCTION

It's been a while since I wanted to post a RMT, and since the World Cup ended, i guess it's a good occasion to do so. I built it for my round 2 match against PDC with the help of my teamates. When trying to find ideas about what i'll use against him, I chalked up Volcarona as a cool thing to bring considering my opponent tastes, and the fact that its really underrated and so unprepared for. I was a bit reticent at first glance because of the shitton of support needed to make it work consistently. Nonetheless, I haven't been disappointed given the threat he poses to most builds.

Basically, the build is based on keeping the hazards at bay which really hinder Volcarona's efficiency (hence the Magic Bounce + Spin combo), while keeping my own which is really useful for pressuring bulkier archetypes in particular. While there's some noticeable annoyances for the team, I think it fullfils his objectives well enough, and is a nuisance to deal with.

If this is of interest, the names come from my favorite game series Dark Souls. I like nicknaming my mons after anime/game references, and this one isn't an exception. Now im finished writing boring things so, without further ado, let's take a look at the team !

THE TEAM IN DEPTH

« Pyromancy of Carmina, who harnessed the power
of flame to actualize the inner-self.
Iron flesh boosts defense and resilience.

Use of this pyromancy requires caution,
as the caster becomes exceedingly heavy
and unable to move freely. »

Hippowdon @ Leftovers ***** iron flesh
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake = strong STAB move, dissuades frail mons and other things weak against it from setting up.
- Toxic / Stone Edge = Toss-up between those two moves, i'll elaborate more on that below.
- Stealth Rock = Most useful move in the game, a must-have for every competitive teams.
- Slack Off = Reliable recovery, prolly the best reason to use Hippowdon.

Why this pokemon ?

Because it's Hippo. - Lyconik
I needed something to set up the rocks, while taking some strong physical hits from the likes of Bisharp, Lopunny and Chari X. It's also able to cockblock those momentum-grabbing Elec-types which is great to not be pressured too much.

I also needed a mon that could stick around long enough given the bulky nature of the team, and having a healing move is a huge plus for its staying power. That's why I prefered it over other bulky Ground-types.

About its last move, i'm still pending on Toxic or Stone Edge ; while Toxic is really useful for some mons, Wisp Chari X in particular, Stone Edge really helps me against Balloon Exca and for catching other threats like Chari Y.

Item & Spread :

248 Hps to have as much bulk as possible, 172 SpD to always avoid the 2hko on HP Ice from Thundurus with an Impish nature.
I put Sand Force instead of Sand Stream because those 6% can be annoying for my own mons, and I don't want the opposing Excas to take advantage of my own sand.
Having Sand Stream + Stone Edge may be cool for Chari Y tho, but I didn't put much thoughts on that.

« An esoteric spell created by Navlaan,the infamous exiled sorcerer.Awakens the souls of the long-buried dead.

The heretic Navlaan was executed along withhis entire village, and the mere utterance ofhis name became a crime. Some say it wasbecause he sought to restore the banned artof resurrection. »

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest ***** scraps of life
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 120 HP / 140 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane = Strong STAB, fuck those 70% accuracy though.
- Knock Off = Ridiculously good move in this gen, catching Heatran with that might be useful for setting a Volc sweep.
- Hidden Power [Ice] = Mostly to have something to check SpD Gliscor, also useful vs Garchomp.
-
U-turn = Rounds the set perfectly, works well with Regenerator.

Why this pokemon ?

At that point, I wanted another check for Lati, Venusaur, Keldeo and a Ground Resist. I also lacked something fast, which I think is necessary on all bulkish teams in order to have ease some pressure.
When discussing about that spot with my teamates, we thought about putting another win condition in this spot, but checking all those mons was more important.

It was the last mon added to the team, and I think it's the most solid choice. Everyone who have played some ORAS games know what this shit does ; tanking some hits with his sufficient bulk coupled with the Assault Vest while outspeeding most of the unboosted metagame. It's a great pivot for most archetypes, even tho Hurricane's accuracy is frustrating sometimes.

Item & Spread:

First, I gave it enough Spe to outspeed Alakazam and because I think it's his most important stat and enough evs in SpA to 2hko 100% of the time SpD Gliscor with the spread on-site. Then I put the rest in HP, twisting it a bit to have an odd number, hence why i didn't go for 252 Spe Evs.

The Assault Vest set is necessary, mostly for checking the Latis and Keldeo. I've seen a variation of the team with a Life Orb set instead but the added bulk is really important here imo.

« A greatshield created from the soul
of the Looking Glass Knight.
Can deflect spells.

The Looking Glass at the castle is
said to have been passage to another world. »

Starmie @ Leftovers ***** kings mirror
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald = STAB move, high chance to inflict a burn. Ban pls
- Thunder Wave = Useful move for crippling some threats which could otherwise be really dangerous, like HP Fire Manaphy
- Rapid Spin = Fuck hazards.
- Recover = Reliable recovery move.

Why this pokemon ?

At first, I had Volcarona + Sableye. Even though Sableye is annoying for most SR setter, it would've been dangerous to only have it to control hazard in case something happen, or if i just don't find the right opportunity to mega-evo.
At that point, it was a toss-up between Lati@s and Starmie. Although their ability to check Charizard-Y is really useful, I finally chose Starmie to have something consistant against Heatran, since Sableye isn't safe against it. Plus it's a cool thing to check when playing Volcarona ! !

I think it's the most reliable Hazard Control mon in OU, and paired with M-Sableye it's often a pain in the ass to set up hazards against this team.

Item & Spread:

Nothing out of the ordinary ; 252+ Spe because it's his most important stat, 248 HPs evs to take less damages on SR (odd number), the rest in Def.

« Consume a number of souls and
affix dark to a certain spot.
Inflicts damage upon those who touch it.

This distorted dark, brewed by hexers,
drains the life-force of those who touch it. »

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers ***** lifedrain patch
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Power Whip = STAB, useful for preventing some Water mons like Gyarados or Manaphy from setting up.
- Iron Head = Mostly for Fairies, chose it over Gyroball because of the pps, which can be clutch vs Clefable.
- Leech Seed = Recovery + Annoying move in general
- Spikes = To add more pressure on opposing teams, can be considered as an alternative win condition

Why this pokemon ?

At first, I needed a Water-resist and a Fairy-resist which can take on DD Altaria and Twave Clefable, since the latter would force me to get Volcarona crippled otherwise. Having a Spikes setter is also a good thing to have to pressure other teams and, coupled with my mons w/ Knock Off and Wisp from Sableye, i can easily chip some damages on the long run.

With his amazing bulk overall and great utility, it's no wonder that he's been a staple in OU since BW. There isn't much to say about it, everybody know what it does and how annoying it can be.

Item & Spread :

Since Azumarill is a pain for this team, I chose to put more EVs in Def. This spread allows Ferro to live Knock Off+6 75% of the time at full life and without SR (it's ko'd 62.5% of the time with SR up). It's situational, but it's better than nothing, and I didn't want to change this spot just for that threat.
The last 28 EVs in Spe allows it to outspeeed 252+ Manaphy if para'd, so it can be a bit more manageable.

« A hex created by an ostracized cleric.
Blocks the spells of nearby casters.

This hex, born of jealousy and humiliation,
is a locus of dark thoughts. The very things
that reflect the true essence of life itself. »

Sableye @ Sablenite ***** profound still
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off = Helps wear down threats, especially Heatran which is a priority target for Volcarona.
- Will-O-Wisp = Painful for most physical attackers, cool for stacking up damages on the long run too.
- Foul Play = Prevents the set-up of some annoying mons like SD Scizor or SD Talonflame.
- Recover = Reliable recovery move.

Why this pokemon ?

As I briefly explained on the intro, his main role here is to keep hazards off the field. In tandem with Starmie, it's hard to set-up hazards against this team, and that really helps Volca.
Having something to spinblock is cool to have too with the spikes, especially against bulkier teams.
Moreover, it gives me an insurance against Taunt users like Mew or Talonflame which are in general partypoopers for this kind of team.

All in all, it's a difficult mon to remove, especially if the opposing team isnt adequatly prepared.

Spread:

This spread, courtesy of the Reypart maker Reymedy, allows Sableye to not be OHKO'd DM from LO Latios after SR. Full HP with an odd number to take less damages on SR, the rest in Defense. Even with those Evs put in SpD instead of Def, it still tanks what it needs to so it's all good !

Other Options :

Toxic > Foul Play. It gives me something to lure the Charis which might be useful on the long run, especially since Chari Y is threatening for this squad.

« Pyromancy developed in Aldian rites.
Fires a giant fireball with a widely
encompassing explosion.

What could possibly justify such excessive
destructive power? In all likelihood, the madmen
of Aldia never even questioned the need. »

Volcarona @ Leftovers ***** forbidden sun
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 96 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance = Because Fire Blast is the worst move ever. 100% acc, and the SpA boost can be clutch for bypassing Hippowdon.
- Bug Buzz = STAB move, good coverage with Fiery Dance.
- Quiver Dance = ez win.
-
Roost = One of the most common ways to deal with Volc is to stack up some damages on it, so you might guess the interest of Roost here.

Why this pokemon ?

« Volcarona is too hot for my black ass nigga » - Leftiez

This mon is just a monster. I chose to play a bulky set with Roost to make profit of his useful typing and his abilities in 1v1 against a good portion of the meta. With a bulky spread and Roost, it can outlast a number of more defensive checks. Moreover, with enough Quiver Dances, Volcarona has the power to blow through pretty much everything.
I put SpAtk EVs instead of Def because this gain in power can be really useful to bypass Hippowdon in particular, which can just come, tank a hit and threaten Volc with Stone Edge or Toxic especially if i don't have hazards up.
It's a lethal threat for most teams, and i think it's well supported on this team.

Item & Spread :

248 Hps for having as much bulk as possible, while taking less damages on the hazards. 164 Spe allows Volcarona to outspeed Adamant Exca w/o sand, 232 Lando-T, 200 Kyurem-B while outspeeding 135 bs mons like Lopunny or Manectric. The rest has been put in SpAtk to have a cool chance to 2hko Hippowdon with Fiery Dance + Bug Buzz if I manage to get the boost.

Here's some calcs against the spread on-site :
  • 96+ SpA Volcarona Fiery Dance vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 151-178 (35.9 - 42.3%)
  • +1 96+ SpA Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 253-298 (60.2 - 70.9%)
  • Fiery Dance + Bug Buzz (+1) = 96.1 – 113.2, with an average of 104.1

THREAT LIST

• : It's probably the most visible weakness when looking at the squad. I have some kind of ways for dealing with it though. Volcarona can actually beat it 1v1 if I set up on the switch-in thanks to Roost. Here's some calcs :
  • Charizard Modest w/ Flamethrower :
252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Flamethrower vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona in Sun: 180-213 (48.2 - 57.1%) -- 91.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Flamethrower vs. +2 248 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona in Sun: 135-160 (36.1 - 42.8%)
  • Charizard Modest w/ Fire Blast :
252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona in Sun: 220-261 (58.9 - 69.9%)
252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. +2 248 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona in Sun: 166-196 (44.5 - 52.5%)
  • Charizard Timid w/ Flamethrower :
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Flamethrower vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona in Sun: 165-195 (44.2 - 52.2%) -- 16.4% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Flamethrower vs. +2 248 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona in Sun: 124-147 (33.2 - 39.4%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO
  • Charizard Timid w/ Fire Blast :
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona in Sun: 201-237 (53.8 - 63.5%)
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. +2 248 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona in Sun: 151-178 (40.4 - 47.7%)

Also, Hippowdon takes 86.8 - 102.3% from Modest Fire Blast (aka 81,2% chances of taking the hit at full life, it takes 99,7% max from Solar Beam). Starmie can paralyse it as a last resort.
It's not evident to check it, and my chances of beating it can decrease greatly depending on the other members, but it can be checked individually by playing smartly.​
  • : The Roar+CM variant just wreck me. Apart from hitting it with Power Whip from Ferro while stacking up damages with Leech Seed, there's not much I can do bar prying that i won't get burned.
  • : The variants with Superpower can be annoying to face since it hits Ferrothorn hard and checks Volcarona. The most lethal one though is the Belly Drum set ; my best shot to beat it is to paralyse it with Starmie and revenge kill with Ferro, but i'll probably lose something in the process, unless i'm lucky with the full paras. As I said earlier, I can also take a +6 Knock Off 25% of the time in case of. Sableye can burn it if it didn't mega-evo'd too.
  • : On paper, the HP Fire variant is lethal for the team, since I have Ferrothorn as my main Water-resist. As for Azumarill, Thunder Wave is clutch here to keep it in check. The cool thing is that I have more solutions for rk'ing it because he doesn't have a prio like Azumarill.
  • : Annoying to face, especially if Hippowdon runs Toxic instead of Stone Edge. I'll have to play carefully around it if the sand is up, but without that it's manageable since Starmie/Volcarona/Tornadus can outspeed it, plus Sableye can burn it if it hasn't mega-evo'd.
  • : The LO+Taunt set is obv annoying to face as I don't have any Flying-resist.
  • Oh yea, against a Hard Stall, the best thing to do is to click [X], as this team can't do shit against them. That's why I don't recommand using it on the ladder.
IMPORTABLE

forbidden sun (Volcarona) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 96 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

profound still (Sableye) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Recover

lifedrain patch (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Iron Head
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

kings mirror (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

scraps of life (Tornadus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 120 HP / 140 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

iron flesh (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 172 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

CONCLUSION

too lazy to put one lol!

i'll just shutout the best player of the french room aka davidTheMaster because of that:
[21:03:51] dragoTresMalfoy: STP FAIT UN SPECIAL SHUT OUT POUR MOI
[21:04:02] dragoTresMalfoy: AINSI ILS RAGERONT

oh yea and to Meridian's mum because she gives me all the love i need.

^^

Last edited:

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What up bro, i saw this team in WCOP and really like dispite i hate Volc cuz need a lot of support, like you said this team was build specially for one match so is really easy to think that the team lack of coverage in terms of threats, but to be honest there isnt to much mons that immediately threat this team at all, except a few i'm mention right now. First threat of your team Charizard both Mega formes completly 6-0 your team bar healthy Hippowdon for Zard X, another issue that i've notice is the combo of Pursuit Trapper + Keldeo/Heatran, specially heatran because you have absolutelly nothing to deal with it except Starmie which get trap, and last BD Azu 6-0 you if you miss hurricane which is highly posible because is the only mon that can put pressure to azu for not Drumming, and it's really hard to suggest certains mons because i'll just replace Volcarona for Spedef Talon for example but the team is build around the fire moth so let me give a couple options that might help a bit your team.
  • First without a doubt i'll put Hidden Power Ground > Roost on Volc, and make it more a wincon then a passive set up mon, this days T-wave clefable is more common and can beat this volc set 1 v 1 i supposed, with HP Ground you lure heatran very easily and your able to hit Diancie too.
  • Replace Skarmory > Ferrothorn give you a better matchup against fairies and your able to deal with spedef SD gliscor due to counter.
  • And last adding skarm to the squad if you apply the changes of course you can put HP Rock > HP Ice on Torn-T it sound like a gimminck solution but is the only way to deal with it, without adding Latios/Heatran to the squad.
Volcarona @ Lum Berry
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Counter
- Spikes
- Roost

Just enough spedef to take 2 hits from Timid Mega Voir !
Hope i help you man Volcarona Sucks cool team

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
What up bro, i saw this team in WCOP and really like dispite i hate Volc cuz need a lot of support, like you said this team was build specially for one match so is really easy to think that the team lack of coverage in terms of threats, but to be honest there isnt to much mons that immediately threat this team at all, except a few i'm mention right now. First threat of your team Charizard both Mega formes completly 6-0 your team bar healthy Hippowdon for Zard X, another issue that i've notice is the combo of Pursuit Trapper + Keldeo/Heatran, specially heatran because you have absolutelly nothing to deal with it except Starmie which get trap, and last BD Azu 6-0 you if you miss hurricane which is highly posible because is the only mon that can put pressure to azu for not Drumming, and it's really hard to suggest certains mons because i'll just replace Volcarona for Spedef Talon for example but the team is build around the fire moth so let me give a couple options that might help a bit your team.
  • First without a doubt i'll put Hidden Power Ground > Roost on Volc, and make it more a wincon then a passive set up mon, this days T-wave clefable is more common and can beat this volc set 1 v 1 i supposed, with HP Ground you lure heatran very easily and your able to hit Diancie too.
  • Replace Skarmory > Ferrothorn give you a better matchup against fairies and your able to deal with spedef SD gliscor due to counter.
  • And last adding skarm to the squad if you apply the changes of course you can put HP Rock > HP Ice on Torn-T it sound like a gimminck solution but is the only way to deal with it, without adding Latios/Heatran to the squad.
Volcarona @ Lum Berry
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Counter
- Spikes
- Roost

Just enough spedef to take 2 hits from Timid Mega Voir !
Hope i help you man Volcarona Sucks cool team

Hey DennisEG , thanks for the rate! You're right about the Charis, both are really threatening, I explained how I can check the Y but I forgot the add the X on the threat list, i'll do that asap.
I see what you mean about Pursuit + Keldeo/Heatran. I think the team isn't really weak to that though, if i don't count Starmie I have AV Torna for Keldeo + Ferro as a Water resist for the Choice sets. About Heatran, I can knock it off with Sableye or Tornadus to wear it down more easily, and I still have Hippowdon although getting status'd sucks.
As I said on the threat list, BD Azu is a threat. To check it, i can try to para it with Starmie then rk with Ferro, or just hope that Ferro doesn't get bs roll'd by Knock Off in a pinch.

About the changes you proposed :
  • HP Ground over Roost on Volcarona : I think it's better for Volcarona to stick around, here Roost is really useful defensively to keep Scizor and Flamethrower Clefable in check for example, since my team can get wrecked by them without Volca. I think if I had to put a Hidden Power on that set, it would be HP Rock to lure Chari Y while still hitting Chari X. I think with Knock Off users + Starmie, i'm prepared enough against Heatran.
  • Skarmory over Ferrothorn : Although Skarm helps me against Excadrill (and allows me to play HP Rock on Tornadus as you proposed), I think the Water-resist on Ferrothorn is more important, for checking Azumarill for example. It is also useful against Choiced Keldeo, especially if Starmie gets trapped as you mentionned earlier, just not to rely too much on Tornadus.
  • HP Rock on Tornadus-T : As I said above, since I'll stick with Ferrothorn, I still need something to take care of Gliscor, so i'm forced to keep HP Ice. HP Rock is a good idea though, i'll keep that in mind for my next builds :)
Again, those were interesting suggestions, thanks for the rate !

Last edited:
Hey cicada, very nice team! I built something very similar but with lati>starmie and raikou>torn after seeing cosine use an HP ice volc to lure altaria. I thought about what benefits with altaria being gone and saw that sableye would be a great partner. The only change I recommend is running an AV raikou or even lefties CM volt switch raikou over torn because this team has absolutely nothing for pidgeot. I know this is a tour team and more opponent specific than anything, but the appalling weakness is there and I think raikou may be a solid change. Hope I helped [:

Cicada

soul reaver
Hey cicada, very nice team! I built something very similar but with lati>starmie and raikou>torn after seeing cosine use an HP ice volc to lure altaria. I thought about what benefits with altaria being gone and saw that sableye would be a great partner. The only change I recommend is running an AV raikou or even lefties CM volt switch raikou over torn because this team has absolutely nothing for pidgeot. I know this is a tour team and more opponent specific than anything, but the appalling weakness is there and I think raikou may be a solid change. Hope I helped [:
Hey, thanks for the comments :) It's true that Pidgeot can be annoying given the fast that i have 0 flying resists (same thing for Tornadus, as mentionned), but i have some things to take its attacks so it's more an annoyance than a weakness. For example, Tornadus takes 41 - 48.6% from Hurricane and hit it hard in return (without mentioning Regenerator if i happen to be unlucky with confus or something), Hippowdon can take a hit in a pinch (it takes 46.4 - 55% with that spread, aka 89.8% chances not to be 2hko'd at full life) and retaliate if using Stone Edge, Starmie can paralyse it if healthy enough etc.

I see what you meant by suggesting Raikou, the thing is it's not that durable as a mon and so not really suited for this kind of team i think. It's typing is useful against Flying-types, but with Raikou over Torna, things like Keldeo or Latis can become trickier on the long run. Regenerator is a really cool thing to have here for that need, and I really need a Ground-resist since I don't have one and a Venu check. And yea, without Torna i just flat out lose against SpD Gliscor and thats not cool :(

Last edited:
yo Cicada really cool team and nice Dark Souls reference :)
I was testing this team and yeah Zard Y was a huge threat so I was wondering how to modify the team without greatly changing its structure and after some tests I came with the idea of using SpDef Dragonite over Tornadus . At first it kinda sound dumb but with this set you actually check Zard Y and more or less you can still play around Latwins with hp fire. Being Sableye a great partner so Multiscale won't be broken so easily .
This would be the set :

solaire (Dragonite) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

Dragon claw for STAB, EQ in order to hit heatran, Roost for recovery and Thunder Wave because best move on the game

Here are some calcs :

252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 240+ SpD Multiscale Dragonite in Sun: 63-74 (16.3 - 19.2%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 240+ SpD Dragonite in Sun: 126-148 (32.7 - 38.4%) -- 3.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

216 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 240+ SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 74-88 (19.2 - 22.8%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
216 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 240+ SpD Dragonite: 148-175 (38.4 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 240+ SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 200-238 (51.9 - 61.8%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

You can run more speed if you feel like, the one im runnin is just to hit 201 .

Hope I helped and praise the sun :P

edit : I realised that maybe ice beam over eq would be a better option on Dnite so with this change you would need something to check gliscor . Run another nature or sumthin' :pirate:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)