Metagame Metagame Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only Mons that I would bring back are Yanma if we banned Compoundeyes Hypnosis and Misdreavus. Kingler12345 I love you as a teammate insofar as much as I hate Swirlix. Most speed ties are less influential as they were when Misdreavus was around, but it seems speed ties were more influential the further we go back; it almost seems as if we are trying to "Yes, they make Little Cup more "luck-based", but it's not something we can really fix in a clean way like banning enough pokemon so the speed tier doesn't even exist anymore.". I know when I voted in the suspect test to ban Misdreavus I focused on how much coverage, and how its movepool let it abuse its stats. I do not believe I once said anything about speed ties...It may seem that we are trying to clean up the speed tiers, but really each Pokemon had another reason to be banned. If I remember correctly apt-get was the only one on the council who wished to keep Misdreavus in the tier.

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
The only Mons that I would bring back are Yanma if we banned Compoundeyes Hypnosis and Misdreavus.
i normally consider it redundant to ban the things that render something broken when it's already banned just so you can drop it back into the tier, but yanma might be kind of interesting and useful in the current meta, especially given the 20 speed tier shitting on the 19s in S/A. i didn't play much during tangma but i can see yanma being pretty fun and useful right now

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
For the last time, we are not banning compound eyes yanma, yet allowing speed boost. Just like we are not banning unburden swirlix, or chlorophyll tangela, or pure power meditite, yet allowing sweet veil swirlix, regen tang, and telepathy meditite.

And a complex ban on move+ability is even more dumb. Why not ban pure power meditite as long as it doesn't use STAB moves? Or chlorophyll Tangela as long as it doesn't use Solarbeam or Growth? or Unburden Swirlix, as long as Belly Drum is banned on it. I literally have 0 idea why LC players always want to give Yanma special treatment.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
Im here to tell you guys - vote no ban on Diglett. Too many things counter it in the current metagame for it to be banwothy IMHO.

Lets take a look at a list of good diglett switchins in the current meta.

LIST OF DIGLETT SWITCHINS:

- ferroseed: comes in and avoids the 2HKO from any of Dig's attacks. Easy ko's back with Bullet seed.
- spritzee: takes under 50% from EQ, so can switch in freely and wish stall before 2HKOing with moonblast.
- Porygon: in the same boat as spritzee - is the perfect switchin because nothing Dig can do 2hko's it. If u r REALLY struggling with Dig, slap Ice Beam on pory so you dont need to rely on recovery.
- Snubbull: Snubs can intimidate Diglett on switchin and thus avoid 2hko's from eq and killing with play rough, meaning this is the perfect counter.
- Cottonee + Snivy: both grass-type pkmn, so the answer is obvious: THEY RESIST DIG'S STAB! ez switches in with their resistances.

I could go on but i think the point is clear. Diglett is just like any other threat in the meta - it has switchins that need to be added during teambuilding. If you fail to do this, you are bad trainer. End of discussion RIP

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Im here to tell you guys - vote no ban on Diglett. Too many things counter it in the current metagame for it to be banwothy IMHO.

- ferroseed: comes in and avoids the 2HKO from any of Dig's attacks. Easy ko's back with Bullet seed.
- spritzee: takes under 50% from EQ, so can switch in freely and wish stall before 2HKOing with moonblast.
- Porygon: in the same boat as spritzee - is the perfect switchin because nothing Dig can do 2hko's it. If u r REALLY struggling with Dig, slap Ice Beam on pory so you dont need to rely on recovery.
- Snubbull: Snubs can intimidate Diglett on switchin and thus avoid 2hko's from eq and killing with play rough, meaning this is the perfect counter.
- Cottonee + Snivy: both grass-type pkmn, so the answer is obvious: THEY RESIST DIG'S STAB! ez switches in with their resistances.

I could go on but i think the point is clear. Diglett is just like any other threat in the meta - it has switchins that need to be added during teambuilding. If you fail to do this, you are bad trainer. End of discussion RIP
is this a joke post?

Anyway, I don't think diglett is THAT threatening to the meta, especially when it's kind of a sitting duck after having revenged something. It's especially setup bait for smashers not named Omanyte and the likes of DD scraggy.

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
is this a joke post?

Anyway, I don't think diglett is THAT threatening to the meta, especially when it's kind of a sitting duck after having revenged something. It's especially setup bait for smashers not named Omanyte and the likes of DD scraggy.
Maybe Shrug was referring to double switching.
E: Or assuming Shed Shell mons maybe.

Last edited:

No shrug was clearly referring to switch ins for the far superior Sand Force Diglett set. Anyway don't ban diglett. We all know how well that worked in adv lc

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
apt-get said:
is this a joke post?
yep, thats why i said "swtichins" to diglett as many times as possible. I didn't do it without a purpose; I meant to show any discussion of Diglett must by nature be different than for other suspects, say Fletchling. It isnt a matter of "what counters this pokemon" so much as "how many opportunities does it get to effectively do its job in normal battle conditions and how devastating is a completed Diglett job (that is, the trapping of a given mon on an opp's team) in the flow of the metagame". which is obviously a difficult question to answer, especially when you consider the philosophical side of things: how much should the meta contort to a threat in teambuilding? what infulence do "good" diglett partners have on functional questions mentioned vide supra, and is there a greater opportunity cost to using said "good partners" (ex. if they + dig as a core are easily set up on and beaten by mon z etc.)? answers to which will obviously vary. But the question is not "how much does it hit and how hard". Dig's defenses should rlly come into this unless they relate tangentially to one of the functional questions stated.

I could have said just came out and said "Dig's defenses dont matter. It's a trapping pokemon. lol noob" but i wanted to both a) have fun and b) not be a tryhard dick while accomplishing the same aim of centering any dig discussion around what it's purpose and function is in this meta. Guess i gotta try harder to be a Good Contributor lol

Sken

feet of clay
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I think that diglett don't need ban, very weak defenses and the attack isn't great. Easy to stop with corphish or fighting pivots.
Saying that Diglett isn't broken because it has bad defenses is like saying something like Mienfoo isn't that good because it has bad SpAtk. Diglett's niche is revenge killing stuff that has been weakened enough not to live an attack easily thanks to its ability, and for that function defenses are way too secondary and not needed at all. You also say that diglett is easy to stop with fighting pivots, but how do you want to pivot around it if its ability is Arena Trap? I share the opinion that Diglett isn't broken to need a ban but at least use solid arguments against that possible ban.

Last edited:
Okay so now we have the suspect thread to discuss diglett and goth I was thinking about steering the discussion here in a different direction...

What do you guys believe are the most effective play styles right now and why? Or what are some interesting play styles you think are underated?

I have heard people say they think the meta game is starting to become more offense based And I seem to think that Volt Turn and Fletchdig as always are arguably the most dominant plays styles because of the pressure they put on opposing teams checks to fletch in case of the fletchdig team and volt turns ability to grab momentum easy and have good offensive synergy together. Many fletch dig teams seem to be volt turn teams too so they can lure and trap stuff easily and pivot to fletch. (I know this could be considered still talking about dig but shut up okay?)

For most of my time playing gen 6 I have been using dual water core of corphish and tirtouga but there are other combos that could be used that are similar where I used one watertype to lure in similar checks to the other (in this case corphish luring in tirtouga checks and weakening them down and knocking off their item for an easier fletch sweep. The same concept could be used with a carvahna luring in tirt checks and taking them out with destiny bond or doing other niche shit like poison fang for cottonee or something which can encore on tirt repeatedly. Dbond carv could so work in a daul dark core with sd pawn as well. I think cores like this are worth experimenting with there's more same type offensive cores that are worth exploring than just the old fashioned bird spam. So this could be something to consider for your next team to try something different

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I forgot about this until now :(
For the past little while, I've been going arounds collecting rankings of what people think are the best Pokemon in the current LC metagame. It's not for anything official; I just thought you guys would find it interesting to see how your own opinions match up to what other LC players think. So far, we've got 39 viability ranking lists that contain 59 different Pokemon in total, so the lists this time are actually really diverse, which I thought was pretty cool, although there are still mainstays like Mienfoo and Pawniard.
This should be a given, and there's nothing wrong with disagreeing with another list, of course, but please don't criticize other lists in a hurtful manner. I wanted to keep the results applicable to high level play, so the only people I asked lists from were those who are respected, or at least well known in the LC community, as well as Starmaster.
Thanks to everyone who participated!

lists:
For the record, the lists are just ordered by when I got them.
TCR's list was not included in the results because it is a cuteability list

ANONYMOUS
1. mienfoo
2. foongus
3. porygon
4. timburr
5. pawniard
6. magnemite
7. archen
8. fletchling
9. diglett
10. ponyta
11. spritzee
12. gastly
13. abra
14. gothita
15. staryu
16. omanyte
17. drilbur
18. snubbull
19. shellder
20. croagunk
21. snivy
22. skrelp
23. chinchou
24. vulpix
25. ferroseed

mad0ka
1 Mienfoo
2 Fletchling
3 Pawniard
4 Timburr
5 Diglett
6 Porygon
7 Abra
8 Magnemite
9 Archen
10 spritzee
11 Chinchou
12 Staryu
13 Drilbur
14 Pumpkaboo-Super
15 Snubbull
16 Gastly
17 Omanyte
18 Corphish
19 Zigzagoon
20 gothita
21 Ponyta
22 Foongus
23 Cottonee

Kingler12
1. Mienfoo
2. Pawniard
3. Diglett
4. Abra
5. Fletchling
6. Timburr
7. Porygon
8. Spritzee
9. Gothita
10. Archen
11. Gastly
12. Snivy
13. Chinchou
14. Vullaby
15. Vulpix
16. Snubbull
17. Staryu
18. Omanyte
19. Zigzagoon
20. Cottonnee

Max Carvalho
1. foo
2. pawn
3. cho
4. abra
5. foongus
6. timburr
7. Pony
8. spri
9. Pory
10. Drilbur
11. Skrelp
12. Snubbul
13. Archen
14. Fletchling
15. Staryu
16. Gastly
17. Gothita
18. Doge
19. Larv
20. Cotton
21. Vulpix

Joltage
1 Meinfoo
2 Pawniard
3 Diglett
4 Abra
5 Timburr
6 Archen
7 Fletchling
8 Spritzee
9 Gastly
10 Porygon
11 Snubbull
12 Chinchou
13 Drilbur
14 Croagunk
15 Ferroseed
16 Vullaby
17 Larvesta
18 Snivy
19 Gothita
20 Ponyta
21 Staryu
22 Magnemite
23 Pumpkaboo-Super
24 Corphish
25 Omastar
26 Foongus
27 Scraggy
28 Cottonee
Natu (yes, really)

tazz
1 mienfoo
2 pawniard
3 diglett
4 abra
5 timburr
6 porygon
7 snubbull
8 fletchling
9 vulpix (+ bellsprout)
10 magnemite
11 staryu
12 gothita
13 archen
14 spritzee
15 snivy
16 shellder
17 skrelp
18 corphish
19 cottonee
20 drifloon

Tricking
1. Gothita
2. Mienfoo
3. Spritzee
4. Timburr
5. Abra
6. Omanyte
7. Fletchling
8. porygon
9. Croagunk
10. Gastly
11.Pawniard
12.Diglett
13.Snivy
14.Stunky
15.Cottonee
16.Ponyta
17.Pumpkaboo-Super
18.Corphish
19.Scraggy
20.Chinchou
21.Bunnelby

fran17
1 mienfoo,
2 diglett,
3 pawniard,
4 skrelp,
5 gastly,
6 spritzee,
7 gothita,
8 tomburr,
9 fletchling,
10 porygon,
11 abra,
12 archen,
13 snivy,
14 chou,
15 ferroseed,
16 vulpix,
17 ponyta,
18 staryu,
19 snubbul,
20 drilbur,
21 pumpoaboo

Cheek Pouch
1 Carvanha
2 Pawniard
3 Abra
4 Mienfoo
5 Archen
6 Fletchling
7 Timburr
8 Diglett
9 Porygon
10 Spritzee
11 Gothita
12 Snivy
13 Gastly
14 Staryu
15 Drilbur
16 Larvesta
17 Ferroseed
18 Vulpix
19 Zigzagoon
20 Onix

Melonz
1. Pawniard
2. Mienfoo
3. Porygon
4. Archen
5. Diglett
6. Timburr
7. Magnemite
8. Abra
9. Ponyta
10. Gastly
11. Fletchling
12. Ferroseed
13. Drilbur
14. Skrelp
15. Chinchou
16. Gothita
17. Larvesta
18. Omanyte
19. Zigzagoon
20. Foongus
21. Snubbull
22. Pancham
23. Snivy
24. Houndour
25. Shellder
26. Vullaby
27. Spritzee
28. Vulpix
29. Cottonee
30. Corphish

Mambo
1 Pawniard
2 Abra
3 Mienfoo
4 Gastly
5 Fletchling
6 Timburr
7 Diglett
8 Snivy
9 Porygon
10 Spritzee
11 Drilbur
12 Magnemite
13 Chinchou
14 Dwebble
15 Omanyte
16 Houndour
17 Vullaby
18 Ponyta
19 Ferroseed
20 Staryu

ANONYMOUS
1 magnemite
2 diglett
3 abra
4 mienfoo
5 archen
6 drilbur
7 porygon
8 spritzee
9 pawniard
9 drifloon
11 staryu
12 foongus
13 corphish
14 pumpkaboo-super
15 gastly
16 snubbul
17 skrelp
18 honedge
19 vulpix
19 houndour
21 vullaby
22 ponyta
23 helix
24 tirt
25 shell
26 croagunk
27 venipede

Tahu
1 pawniard
2 timburr
3 diglett
4 porygon
5 mienfoo
6 archen
7 fletchling
8 magnemite
9 chinchou
10 spritzee
11 gastly
12 drilbur
13 gothita
14 ferroseed
15 arvesta
16 skrelp
17 foongus
18 snivy
19 cottonee

Coconut.
1 mienfoo
2 pawniard
3 timburr
4 porygon
5 archen
6 fletchling
7 chinchou
8 diglett
9 omanyte
10 abra
11 ponyta
12 drilbur
13 spritzee
14 gastly
15 magnemite
16 shellder
17 snubbull
18 foongus
19 honedge
20 torchic

Celestavian
1. Mienfoo
2. Timburr
3. Abra
4. Pawniard
5. Fletchling
6. Porygon
7. Diglett
8. Drilbur
9. Spritzee
10. Gastly
11. Magnemite
12. Archen
13. Snubbull
14. Chinchou
15. Ponyta
16. Staryu
17. Vulpix
18. Gothita
19. Skrelp
20. Omanyte

Goao
1 mienfoo
2 archen
3 chinchou
4 timburr
5 honedge
6 cottone
7 tirtouga
8 fletchling
9 pawniard
10 bigglet
11 abra
12 gastly
13 foongus
14 carvanha
15 gothita
16 spritzee
17 drilbur
18 ponyta
19 vulpix
20 magnemite

Pikasohn
1 Mienfoo
2 Magnemite
3 Diglett
4 Fletchling
5 Abra
6 Pawniard
7 Zigzagoon
8 Omanyte
9 Snubbull
10 Chinchou
11 Staryu
12 Archen
13 Porygon
14 Foongus
15 Larvesta
16 Snivy
17 Cottonee
18 Surskit
19 Vulpix
20 Wynaut

ANONYMOUS
1.Timburr
2.Pawniard
3.Abra
4.Numel
5.Gastly
6.Baggaïd
7.Dwebble
8.Mienfoo
9.Aron
10.Cottonee
11.Aipom
12.Digglet
13.Croagunk
14.Archen
15.Zigzagoon
16.Vullaby
17.Staryu
18.Surskit
19.Bellsprout
20.Magneti

fitzy72
1 Mienfoo
2 Pawniard
3 Ponyta
4 Archen
5 Abra
6 Fletchling
7 Chinchou
8 Timburr
9 Spritzee
10 Porygon
11 Diglett
12 Magnemite
13 Croagunk
14 Drilbur
15 Gothorita
16 Vulpix
17 Snivy
18 Aipom
19 Pumpkaboo-Super
20 Vullaby

ANONYMOUS
1. Pawniard
2. Mienfoo
3. Timburr
4. Diglett
5. Archen
6. Fletchling
7. Porygon
8. Abra
9. Magnemite
10. Spritzee
11. Drilbur
12. Gastly
13. Omanyte
14. Snivy
15. Gothita
16. Snubbull
17. Vulpix
18. Houndour
19. Carvanha
20. Chinchou
21. Skrelp
22. Staryu
23. Corphish
24. Ferroseed
25. Cottonee
26. Larvesta
27. Vullaby
28. Foongus
29. Shellder
30. Zigzagoon
31. Bellsprout
32. Scraggy
33. Pumpkaboo
34. Drifloon
35. Surskit
36. Dwebble
37. Pancham
38. Tirtouga
39. Aipom
40. Torchic
41. Croagunk
42. Bunnelby
43. Doduo
44. Hippototas
45. Taillow
46. Cranidos
47. Amaura
48. Stunky
49. Riolu
50. Onix

ANONYMOUS
1 Mienfoo
2 Abra
3 Diglett
4 Pawniard
5 Chinchou
6 Fletchiling
7 Gaslty
8 Magnamite
9 Porygon
10 Gothita
11 Timbur
12 Foonguss
13 Spritzee
14 Skrelp
15 Cottone
16 Omanyte
17 Scraggy
18 Pancham
19 Drilbur
20 Archen

Heysup
1. Mienfoo
2. Fletchling
3. Abra
4. Pawniard
5. Timburr
6. Porygon
7. Drilbur
8. Archen
9. Ponyta
10. Snivy
11. Magnemite
12. Cottonee
13. Skrelp
14. Snubbull
15. Carvanha
16. Spritzee
17. Gothita
18. Diglett
19. Gastly
20. Tirtouga / Omanyte / Shellder

ANONYMOUS
1 Mienfoo,
2 Abra,
3 Timburr,
4 Pawniard,
5 Magnemite,
6 Fletchling,
7 Omanyte,
8 Diglett,
9 Snubbull,
10 Snivy,
11 Drilbur,
12 Bunnelby,
13 Carvanha,
14 Larvesta,
15 Foongus,
16 Pumpkaboo,
17 Porygon,
18 Spritzee,
19 Ferroseed,
20 Archen

slurmz
1) Pawniard
2) Fletchling
3) Mienfoo
4) Diglett
5) Abra
6) Timburr
7) Porygon
8) Spritzee
9) Magnetmite
10) Ponyta
11) Chinchou
12) Snubbull
13) Drilbur
14) Archen
15) Gastly
16) Ferroseed
17) Staryu
18) Carvanha
19) LORDGUS
20) Gothita

Fiend
1 Pawniard
2 Mienfoo
3 Magnemite
4 Fletching
5 Timburr
6 Archen
7 Porygon
8 Diglett
9 Gastly
10 Omantye
11 Gothita
12 Snivy
13 Snubull
14 Abra
15 Shellder
16 Corphish
17 Torchic
18 Carvanha
19 Buneary
20 Houndour
21 Cottonee
22 Drilbur
23 Drifloon
24 Foongus
25 Skrelp
26 Ponyta
27 Chinchou
28 Pancham
29 Vullaby
30 Pumpkaboo
31 Doduo
32 Vulpix
33 Aipom
34 Honedge
35 Taillow
36 Bunnelby
37 Larvesta

kingmidas
1. Pawniard
2. Fletchling
3. Porygon
4. Ponyta
5. Diglett
6. Mienfoo
7. Abra
8. Skrelp
9. Timburr
10. Gothita
11. Vullaby.
12. Magnemite
13. Spritzee
14, Larvesta
15. omanyte
16. Corphish
17. Snubbull
18. Scraggy
19. Ferroseed
20. Archen

Vileman
1: pawniard
2: mienfoo
3: porygon
4: fletchling
5: abra
6: digglet
7: timburr
8: spritzee
9: Archen
10: Chinchou
11: Magnemite
12: Drilbur
13: Ponyta
14: Gastly
15: Pumpkaboo-super
16: Ferroseed
17: Foongus
18: Snivy
19: Snubull
20: hippopotas

Mr. NudistoBeach
1. Snivy
2. Mienfoo
3. Diglett
4. Pawniard
5. Abra
6. Ponyta
7. Corphish
8. Magnemite
9. Porygon
10. Fletchling
11. Omanyte
12. Foongus
13. Staryu
14. Drifloon
15. Pancham
16. Croagunk
17. Cleffa
18. Pumpkaboo-Super
19. Larvesta
20. Carvanha

Shrug
1. Pawniard
2. Mienfoo
3. Timburr
4. Snubbull
5. Fletchling
6. Ponyta
7. Porygon
8. diglett
9. Mag
10. Gastly
11. Staryu
12. Ferroseed
13. vulpix
14. Skrelp
15. Omanyte
16. Skrelp
17. Houndour
18. chinchou
19. Goth
20. Carv

thecrystalonix
1- pawniard
2- abra
3- fletchling
4- diglett
5- mienfoo
6- timburr
7- ponyta
8- porygon
9- spritzee
10- gastly
11- ferroseed
12- archen
13- gothita
14- larvesta
15- staryu
16- skrelp
17- foongus
18- omanyte
19- bellsprout
20- corphish

Yagura
1 Gothita
2 Mienfoo
3 Diglett
4 Fletchling
5 Abra
6 Pawniard
7 Chinchou
8 Spritzee
9 Omanyte
10 Timburr
11 Ponyta
12 Archen
13 Magnemite
14 Foongus
15 Porygon
16 Drilbur
17 Staryu
18 Carvanha
19 Gastly
20 Stunky

Star.
1. mienfoo
2. pawniard
3. timburr
4. abra
5. porygon
6. diglett
7. fletchling
8. archen
9. magnemite
10. ponyta
11. chinchou
12. spritzee
13. snubbul
14. drilbur
15. ferroseed
16. gastly
17. staryu
18. gothita
19. foongus
20. vullaby

macle
1 pawm
2 foo
3 fletch
4 diglett
5 archen
6 skrelp
7 mag
8 spritzee
9 chinchou
10 foongus
11 timburr
12 goth
13 abra
14 drillbur
15 tirt
16 shellder
17 corphish
18 ponyta
19 omanyte

TheFenderStory
1 Mienfoo
2 Diglett
3 Timburr
4 Pawn
5 Archen
6 Abra
7 Fletch
8 Chou
9 Spritz
10 GOth
11 Foon
12 Vulpix
13 Gastly
14 Drilbur
15 Larv
16 Corphish
17 Helix
18 Snivy
19 Aipom
20 Tirt

Cydrolic
1 diglett
2 mienfoo
3 pawniard
4 foongus
5 magnemite
6 fletchling
7 omanyte
8 drifloon
9 gothita
10 stunky
11 abra
12 timburr
13 spritzee
14 porygon
15 staryu
16 archen
17 carvanah
18 shellder
19 larvesta
20 gastly
21 croagunk

sparktrain
1. Mienfoo
2. Timburr
3. Pawniard
4. Porygon
5. Fletchling
6. Diglett
7. Gothita
8. Spritzee
9. Snubbull
10. Abra
11. Archen
12. Magnemite
13. Ferroseed
14. Gastly
15. Omanyte
16. Ponyta
17. Chinchou
18. Snivy
19. Foongus
20. Drilbur

ThatCrazyRussian
1. Amaura
2. Riolu
3. Teddiursa
4. foongus
5. Buneary
6. Dratini
7. Scraggy
8. Tirtouga
9. Swinub
10. Spheal
11. Phanpy
12. Piplup
13. Growlithe
14. Hippopotas
15. Munchlax
16. Swirlix
17. Mareep
18. Drifloon
19. Aipom
20. Corphish
20. Clamperl

HeaLnDeaL
20. Ferroseed
19. Gastly
18. Tirtouga
17. Archen
16. Drilbur
15. Chinchou
14. Timburr
13. Larvesta
12. Ponyta
11. Omanyte
10. Magnemite
09. Spritzee
08. Foongus
07. Staryu
06. Abra
05. Diglett
04. Pawniard
03. Porygon
02. Fletchling
01. Mienfoo

h%mberkle
1 Snivy
2 Omanyte
3 Pawniard
4 Timburr
5 Gastly
6 Diglett
7 Porygon
8 Mienfoo
9 Staryu
10 Chinchou
11 Houndour
12 Vulpix
13 Croagunk
14 Snubbull
15 Fletchling
16 Hippopotas
17 Archen
18 Carvanha
19 Gothita
20 Abra

The Avalanches
1. Pawniard
2. Timburr
3. Mienfoo
4. Diglett
5. Vullaby
6. Abra
7. Fletchling
8. Magnemite
9. Skrelp
10. Foongus
11. Staryu
12. Porygon
13. Archen
14. Snubbull
15. Spritzee
16. Chinchou
17. Gastly
18. Gothita
19. Snivy
20. Cottonee

Here are the results organized in a few ways:
name - rankings on individual list (number of times included, higher is better) (sum of rankings on list, lower is better)
abra - 13,7,4,4,4,4,5,11,3,8,2,3,10,3,11,5,3,5,8,2,3,2,5,14,7,5,5,2,5,4,13,6,11,10,6,20,6 (37) (249)
aipom - 11,18,39,33,19 (5) (120)
amaura - 47 (1) (47)
archen - 7,9,10,13,6,13,12,5,4,5,6,5,12,2,12,14,4,5,20,8,20,14,6,20,9,12,12,8,5,5,16,11,17,17,13 (35) (357)
aron - 9 (1) (9)
bellsprout - 19,31,19 (3) (69)
buneary - 19 (1) (19)
bunnelby - 21,42,12,36 (4) (111)
carvanha - 1,14,19,15,13,18,18,20,20,18,17,18 (12) (191)
chinchou - 23,11,13,3,12,20,14,15,13,9,7,14,3,10,7,20,5,11,27,10,18,7,11,9,8,17,15,10,16 (29) (358)
cleffa - 17 (1) (17)
corphish - 18,24,18,18,30,13,23,16,16,7,20,17,16 (13) (236)
cottonee - 23,20,20,28,10,15,29,19,6,17,10,25,15,12,21,20 (16) (290)
cranidos - 46 (1) (46)
croagunk - 20,14,9,26,13,13,41,16,21,13 (10) (186)
diglett - 9,5,3,3,3,12,2,8,5,7,2,3,8,7,10,3,12,11,4,3,18,8,4,8,5,6,3,8,4,3,6,4,2,1,6,5,6,4 (36) (221)
doduo - 43,31 (2) (74)
drifloon - 20,10,34,23,14,8 (6) (109)
drilbur - 17,13,10,13,20,15,13,11,6,12,12,8,17,14,11,19,7,11,13,22,12,16,14,14,14,20,16 (27) (370)
dwebble - 14,7,36 (3) (57)
fletchling - 8,2,5,14,7,8,7,9,6,11,5,7,6,5,8,4,6,6,6,2,6,2,4,2,4,10,5,3,4,7,3,7,6,5,2,15,7 (37) (224)
ferroseed - 25,15,15,17,12,19,14,24,19,16,19,16,12,11,15,13,20 (17) (282)
foongus - 2,22,5,26,20,12,17,18,13,14,28,12,15,19,24,17,12,17,14,19,10,11,4,19,8,10 (26) (388)
gastly - 12,16,11,16,9,10,5,13,10,4,15,11,14,10,12,5,12,7,19,15,9,14,10,10,19,16,13,20,14,19,5,17 (32) (392)
gothita - 14,9,17,19,12,1,7,11,16,13,18,15,15,15,10,17,20,11,10,19,13,1,18,12,10,9,7,19,18 (29) (376)
hippopotas - 44,20,16 (3) (80)
honedge - 18,19,5,34 (4) (76)
houndour - 24,16,20,18,20,17,11 (7) (126)
larvesta - 19,17,16,17,15,15,26,14,37,14,19,14,15,19,13 (15) (270)
magnemite - 6,8,22,10,7,12,1,8,15,11,20,2,20,12,9,8,11,5,9,3,12,11,8,9,13,9,7,5,12,10,8 (31) (303)
mienfoo - 1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,4,2,3,4,5,1,1,1,1,8,1,2,1,1,1,3,2,6,2,2,2,5,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,8,3 (39) (88)
natu - 0
numel - 4 (1) (4)
omanyte - 16,17,18,18,25,6,18,15,23,9,20,8,13,16,20,7,10,15,11,15,18,9,19,17,7,15,11,2 (28) (398)
onix - 20,50 (2) (70)
pancham - 22,37,18,28,15 (5) (120)
pawniard - 5,3,2,2,2,2,11,3,2,1,1,9,1,2,4,9,6,2,2,1,4,4,4,1,1,1,1,4,1,1,6,2,1,4,3,3,4,3,1 (39) (119)
ponyta - 10,21,7,20,16,17,9,18,22,11,15,18,3,9,10,26,4,13,6,6,7,11,10,18,16,12 (26) (335)
porygon - 3,6,7,9,10,6,8,10,9,3,9,7,4,4,6,13,10,7,9,6,17,7,7,3,3,9,7,8,15,5,14,4,3,7,12 (35) (267)
pumpkaboo super - 14,23,17,21,14,19,33,16,30,15,18 (11) (220)
riolu - 49 (1) (49)
scraggy - 27,19,6,32,17,18 (6) (119)
shellder - 19,16,25,25,16,29,20,15,16,18 (10) (199)
skrelp - 22,11,17,4,14,17,16,19,21,14,13,25,8,14,16,16,6,9 (18) (262)
snivy - 21,12,18,15,13,13,12,23,8,18,16,17,14,10,10,12,18,1,18,18,1,19 (22) (307)
snubbull - 18,15,16,12,11,7,19,21,16,17,13,9,16,14,9,12,13,17,19,4,13,9,14,14 (24) (328)
spritzee - 11,10,8,8,8,14,3,6,10,27,10,8,10,13,9,16,9,10,13,16,18,8,13,8,9,8,12,8,9,13,8,9,15 (33) (357)
staryu - 15,12,17,15,21,11,18,14,20,11,16,11,17,22,17,13,11,15,17,17,15,7,9,11 (24) (352)
stunky - 14,48,20,10 (4) (92)
surskit - 18,18,35 (3) (71)
taillow - 45,35 (2) (80)
timburr - 4,4,6,6,5,5,4,8,7,6,6,2,3,2,4,1,8,3,11,5,3,6,5,9,7,3,6,10,3,11,3,12,2,14,4,2 (36) (200)
tirtouga - 24,7,38,20,15,20,18 (7) (142)
torchic - 20,40,17 (3) (77)
venipede - 27 (1) (27)
vullaby - 14,16,26,17,21,16,20,27,29,11,20,5 (12) (222)
vulpix - 24,15,15,21,9,16,18,28,19,17,19,19,16,17,32,13,12,12 (18) (322)
wynaut - 20 (1) (20)
zigzagoon - 19,19,19,19,7,15,30 (7) (128)

name - rankings on individual list (number of times included, higher is better) (sum of rankings on list, lower is better)
1 mienfoo - 1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,4,2,3,4,5,1,1,1,1,8,1,2,1,1,1,3,2,6,2,2,2,5,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,8,3 (39) (88)
2 pawniard - 5,3,2,2,2,2,11,3,2,1,1,9,1,2,4,9,6,2,2,1,4,4,4,1,1,1,1,4,1,1,6,2,1,4,3,3,4,3,1 (39) (119)
3 fletchling - 8,2,5,14,7,8,7,9,6,11,5,7,6,5,8,4,6,6,6,2,6,2,4,2,4,10,5,3,4,7,3,7,6,5,2,15,7 (37) (224)
4 abra - 13,7,4,4,4,4,5,11,3,8,2,3,10,3,11,5,3,5,8,2,3,2,5,14,7,5,5,2,5,4,13,6,11,10,6,20,6 (37) (249)
5 timburr - 4,4,6,6,5,5,4,8,7,6,6,2,3,2,4,1,8,3,11,5,3,6,5,9,7,3,6,10,3,11,3,12,2,14,4,2 (36) (200)
6 diglett - 9,5,3,3,3,12,2,8,5,7,2,3,8,7,10,3,12,11,4,3,18,8,4,8,5,6,3,8,4,3,6,4,2,1,6,5,6,4 (36) (221)
7 porygon - 3,6,7,9,10,6,8,10,9,3,9,7,4,4,6,13,10,7,9,6,17,7,7,3,3,9,7,8,15,5,14,4,3,7,12 (35) (267)
8 archen - 7,9,10,13,6,13,12,5,4,5,6,5,12,2,12,14,4,5,20,8,20,14,6,20,9,12,12,8,5,5,16,11,17,17,13 (35) (357)
9 spritzee - 11,10,8,8,8,14,3,6,10,27,10,8,10,13,9,16,9,10,13,16,18,8,13,8,9,8,12,8,9,13,8,9,15 (33) (357)
10 gastly - 12,16,11,16,9,10,5,13,10,4,15,11,14,10,12,5,12,7,19,15,9,14,10,10,19,16,13,20,14,19,5,17 (32) (392)
11 magnemite - 6,8,22,10,7,12,1,8,15,11,20,2,20,12,9,8,11,5,9,3,12,11,8,9,13,9,7,5,12,10,8 (31) (303)
12 chinchou - 23,11,13,3,12,20,14,15,13,9,7,14,3,10,7,20,5,11,27,10,18,7,11,9,8,17,15,10,16 (29) (358)
13 gothita - 14,9,17,19,12,1,7,11,16,13,18,15,15,15,10,17,20,11,10,19,13,1,18,12,10,9,7,19,18 (29) (376)
14 omanyte - 16,17,18,18,25,6,18,15,23,9,20,8,13,16,20,7,10,15,11,15,18,9,19,17,7,15,11,2 (28) (398)
15 drilbur - 17,13,10,13,20,15,13,11,6,12,12,8,17,14,11,19,7,11,13,22,12,16,14,14,14,20,16 (27) (370)
16 ponyta - 10,21,7,20,16,17,9,18,22,11,15,18,3,9,10,26,4,13,6,6,7,11,10,18,16,12 (26) (335)
17 foongus - 2,22,5,26,20,12,17,18,13,14,28,12,15,19,24,17,12,17,14,19,10,11,4,19,8,10 (26) (388)
18 snubbull - 18,15,16,12,11,7,19,21,16,17,13,9,16,14,9,12,13,17,19,4,13,9,14,14 (24) (328)
19 staryu - 15,12,17,15,21,11,18,14,20,11,16,11,17,22,17,13,11,15,17,17,15,7,9,11 (24) (352)
20 snivy - 21,12,18,15,13,13,12,23,8,18,16,17,14,10,10,12,18,1,18,18,1,19 (22) (307)

21 skrelp - 22,11,17,4,14,17,16,19,21,14,13,25,8,14,16,16,6,9 (18) (262)
22 vulpix - 24,15,15,21,9,16,18,28,19,17,19,19,16,17,32,13,12,12 (18) (322)
23 ferroseed - 25,15,15,17,12,19,14,24,19,16,19,16,12,11,15,13,20 (17) (282)
24 cottonee - 23,20,20,28,10,15,29,19,6,17,10,25,15,12,21,20 (16) (290)
25 larvesta - 19,17,16,17,15,15,26,14,37,14,19,14,15,19,13 (15) (270)
26 corphish - 18,24,18,18,30,13,23,16,16,7,20,17,16 (13) (236)
27 carvanha - 1,14,19,15,13,18,18,20,20,18,17,18 (12) (191)
28 vullaby - 14,16,26,17,21,16,20,27,29,11,20,5 (12) (222)
29 pumpkaboo super - 14,23,17,21,14,19,33,16,30,15,18 (11) (220)
30 croagunk - 20,14,9,26,13,13,41,16,21,13 (10) (186)
31 shellder - 19,16,25,25,16,29,20,15,16,18 (10) (199)
32 houndour - 24,16,20,18,20,17,11 (7) (126)
33 zigzagoon - 19,19,19,19,7,15,30 (7) (128)
34 tirtouga - 24,7,38,20,15,20,18 (7) (142)
35 drifloon - 20,10,34,23,14,8 (6) (109)
36 scraggy - 27,19,6,32,17,18 (6) (119)
37 pancham - 22,37,18,28,15 (5) (120)
38 aipom - 11,18,39,33,19 (5) (120)
39 honedge - 18,19,5,34 (4) (76)
40 stunky - 14,48,20,10 (4) (92)
41 bunnelby - 21,42,12,36 (4) (111)
42 dwebble - 14,7,36 (3) (57)
43 bellsprout - 19,31,19 (3) (69)
44 surskit - 18,18,35 (3) (71)
45 torchic - 20,40,17 (3) (77)
46 hippopotas - 44,20,16 (3) (80)
47 onix - 20,50 (2) (70)
48 doduo - 43,31 (2) (74)
49 taillow - 45,35 (2) (80)
50 numel - 4 (1) (4)
51 aron - 9 (1) (9)
52 cleffa - 17 (1) (17)
53 buneary - 19 (1) (19)
54 wynaut - 20 (1) (20)
55 venipede - 27 (1) (27)
56 cranidos - 46 (1) (46)
57 amaura - 47 (1) (47)
58 riolu - 49 (1) (49)
59 natu - 0

with all pokemons:
1 mienfoo - 1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,4,2,3,4,5,1,1,1,1,8,1,2,1,1,1,3,2,6,2,2,2,5,2,1,2,1,2,1,1,8,3 (39) (88)
2 pawniard - 5,3,2,2,2,2,11,3,2,1,1,9,1,2,4,9,6,2,2,1,4,4,4,1,1,1,1,4,1,1,6,2,1,4,3,3,4,3,1 (39) (119)
3 numel - 4 (1) (4)
4 timburr - 4,4,6,6,5,5,4,8,7,6,6,2,3,2,4,1,8,3,11,5,3,6,5,9,7,3,6,10,3,11,3,12,2,14,4,2 (36) (200)
5 fletchling - 8,2,5,14,7,8,7,9,6,11,5,7,6,5,8,4,6,6,6,2,6,2,4,2,4,10,5,3,4,7,3,7,6,5,2,15,7 (37) (224)
6 diglett - 9,5,3,3,3,12,2,8,5,7,2,3,8,7,10,3,12,11,4,3,18,8,4,8,5,6,3,8,4,3,6,4,2,1,6,5,6,4 (36) (221)
7 abra - 13,7,4,4,4,4,5,11,3,8,2,3,10,3,11,5,3,5,8,2,3,2,5,14,7,5,5,2,5,4,13,6,11,10,6,20,6 (37) (249)
8 porygon - 3,6,7,9,10,6,8,10,9,3,9,7,4,4,6,13,10,7,9,6,17,7,7,3,3,9,7,8,15,5,14,4,3,7,12 (35) (267)
9 aron - 9 (1) (9)
10 magnemite - 6,8,22,10,7,12,1,8,15,11,20,2,20,12,9,8,11,5,9,3,12,11,8,9,13,9,7,5,12,10,8 (31) (303)
11 archen - 7,9,10,13,6,13,12,5,4,5,6,5,12,2,12,14,4,5,20,8,20,14,6,20,9,12,12,8,5,5,16,11,17,17,13 (35) (357)
12 spritzee - 11,10,8,8,8,14,3,6,10,27,10,8,10,13,9,16,9,10,13,16,18,8,13,8,9,8,12,8,9,13,8,9,15 (33) (357)
13 gastly - 12,16,11,16,9,10,5,13,10,4,15,11,14,10,12,5,12,7,19,15,9,14,10,10,19,16,13,20,14,19,5,17 (32) (392)
14 chinchou - 23,11,13,3,12,20,14,15,13,9,7,14,3,10,7,20,5,11,27,10,18,7,11,9,8,17,15,10,16 (29) (358)
15 ponyta - 10,21,7,20,16,17,9,18,22,11,15,18,3,9,10,26,4,13,6,6,7,11,10,18,16,12 (26) (335)
16 gothita - 14,9,17,19,12,1,7,11,16,13,18,15,15,15,10,17,20,11,10,19,13,1,18,12,10,9,7,19,18 (29) (376)
17 snubbull - 18,15,16,12,11,7,19,21,16,17,13,9,16,14,9,12,13,17,19,4,13,9,14,14 (24) (328)
18 drilbur - 17,13,10,13,20,15,13,11,6,12,12,8,17,14,11,19,7,11,13,22,12,16,14,14,14,20,16 (27) (370)
19 snivy - 21,12,18,15,13,13,12,23,8,18,16,17,14,10,10,12,18,1,18,18,1,19 (22) (307)
20 omanyte - 16,17,18,18,25,6,18,15,23,9,20,8,13,16,20,7,10,15,11,15,18,9,19,17,7,15,11,2 (28) (398)

22 staryu - 15,12,17,15,21,11,18,14,20,11,16,11,17,22,17,13,11,15,17,17,15,7,9,11 (24) (352)
23 foongus - 2,22,5,26,20,12,17,18,13,14,28,12,15,19,24,17,12,17,14,19,10,11,4,19,8,10 (26) (388)
24 carvanha - 1,14,19,15,13,18,18,20,20,18,17,18 (12) (191)
25 ferroseed - 25,15,15,17,12,19,14,24,19,16,19,16,12,11,15,13,20 (17) (282)
26 cleffa - 17 (1) (17)
27 vulpix - 24,15,15,21,9,16,18,28,19,17,19,19,16,17,32,13,12,12 (18) (322)
28 larvesta - 19,17,16,17,15,15,26,14,37,14,19,14,15,19,13 (15) (270)
29 houndour - 24,16,20,18,20,17,11 (7) (126)
30 cottonee - 23,20,20,28,10,15,29,19,6,17,10,25,15,12,21,20 (16) (290)
31 corphish - 18,24,18,18,30,13,23,16,16,7,20,17,16 (13) (236)
32 drifloon - 20,10,34,23,14,8 (6) (109)
34 vullaby - 14,16,26,17,21,16,20,27,29,11,20,5 (12) (222)
35 croagunk - 20,14,9,26,13,13,41,16,21,13 (10) (186)
36 honedge - 18,19,5,34 (4) (76)
37 dwebble - 14,7,36 (3) (57)
38 buneary - 19 (1) (19)
39 scraggy - 27,19,6,32,17,18 (6) (119)
40 shellder - 19,16,25,25,16,29,20,15,16,18 (10) (199)
41 pumpkaboo super - 14,23,17,21,14,19,33,16,30,15,18 (11) (220)
42 wynaut - 20 (1) (20)
43 tirtouga - 24,7,38,20,15,20,18 (7) (142)
44 stunky - 14,48,20,10 (4) (92)
45 bellsprout - 19,31,19 (3) (69)
46 surskit - 18,18,35 (3) (71)
47 pancham - 22,37,18,28,15 (5) (120)
48 aipom - 11,18,39,33,19 (5) (120)
49 torchic - 20,40,17 (3) (77)
50 hippopotas - 44,20,16 (3) (80)
51 venipede - 27 (1) (27)
52 bunnelby - 21,42,12,36 (4) (111)
53 onix - 20,50 (2) (70)
54 doduo - 43,31 (2) (74)
55 taillow - 45,35 (2) (80)
57 amaura - 47 (1) (47)
58 riolu - 49 (1) (49)
59 natu - 0

with only pokemons that were included more than once:

3 timburr - 4,4,6,6,5,5,4,8,7,6,6,2,3,2,4,1,8,3,11,5,3,6,5,9,7,3,6,10,3,11,3,12,2,14,4,2 (36) (200)
4 fletchling - 8,2,5,14,7,8,7,9,6,11,5,7,6,5,8,4,6,6,6,2,6,2,4,2,4,10,5,3,4,7,3,7,6,5,2,15,7 (37) (224)
5 diglett - 9,5,3,3,3,12,2,8,5,7,2,3,8,7,10,3,12,11,4,3,18,8,4,8,5,6,3,8,4,3,6,4,2,1,6,5,6,4 (36) (221)
6 abra - 13,7,4,4,4,4,5,11,3,8,2,3,10,3,11,5,3,5,8,2,3,2,5,14,7,5,5,2,5,4,13,6,11,10,6,20,6 (37) (249)
7 porygon - 3,6,7,9,10,6,8,10,9,3,9,7,4,4,6,13,10,7,9,6,17,7,7,3,3,9,7,8,15,5,14,4,3,7,12 (35) (267)
8 magnemite - 6,8,22,10,7,12,1,8,15,11,20,2,20,12,9,8,11,5,9,3,12,11,8,9,13,9,7,5,12,10,8 (31) (303)
9 archen - 7,9,10,13,6,13,12,5,4,5,6,5,12,2,12,14,4,5,20,8,20,14,6,20,9,12,12,8,5,5,16,11,17,17,13 (35) (357)
10 spritzee - 11,10,8,8,8,14,3,6,10,27,10,8,10,13,9,16,9,10,13,16,18,8,13,8,9,8,12,8,9,13,8,9,15 (33) (357)
11 gastly - 12,16,11,16,9,10,5,13,10,4,15,11,14,10,12,5,12,7,19,15,9,14,10,10,19,16,13,20,14,19,5,17 (32) (392)
12 chinchou - 23,11,13,3,12,20,14,15,13,9,7,14,3,10,7,20,5,11,27,10,18,7,11,9,8,17,15,10,16 (29) (358)
13 ponyta - 10,21,7,20,16,17,9,18,22,11,15,18,3,9,10,26,4,13,6,6,7,11,10,18,16,12 (26) (335)
14 gothita - 14,9,17,19,12,1,7,11,16,13,18,15,15,15,10,17,20,11,10,19,13,1,18,12,10,9,7,19,18 (29) (376)
15 snubbull - 18,15,16,12,11,7,19,21,16,17,13,9,16,14,9,12,13,17,19,4,13,9,14,14 (24) (328)
16 drilbur - 17,13,10,13,20,15,13,11,6,12,12,8,17,14,11,19,7,11,13,22,12,16,14,14,14,20,16 (27) (370)
17 snivy - 21,12,18,15,13,13,12,23,8,18,16,17,14,10,10,12,18,1,18,18,1,19 (22) (307)
18 omanyte - 16,17,18,18,25,6,18,15,23,9,20,8,13,16,20,7,10,15,11,15,18,9,19,17,7,15,11,2 (28) (398)
19 skrelp - 22,11,17,4,14,17,16,19,21,14,13,25,8,14,16,16,6,9 (18) (262)
20 staryu - 15,12,17,15,21,11,18,14,20,11,16,11,17,22,17,13,11,15,17,17,15,7,9,11 (24) (352)

21 foongus - 2,22,5,26,20,12,17,18,13,14,28,12,15,19,24,17,12,17,14,19,10,11,4,19,8,10 (26) (388)
22 carvanha - 1,14,19,15,13,18,18,20,20,18,17,18 (12) (191)
23 ferroseed - 25,15,15,17,12,19,14,24,19,16,19,16,12,11,15,13,20 (17) (282)
24 vulpix - 24,15,15,21,9,16,18,28,19,17,19,19,16,17,32,13,12,12 (18) (322)
25 larvesta - 19,17,16,17,15,15,26,14,37,14,19,14,15,19,13 (15) (270)
26 houndour - 24,16,20,18,20,17,11 (7) (126)
27 cottonee - 23,20,20,28,10,15,29,19,6,17,10,25,15,12,21,20 (16) (290)
28 corphish - 18,24,18,18,30,13,23,16,16,7,20,17,16 (13) (236)
29 drifloon - 20,10,34,23,14,8 (6) (109)
30 zigzagoon - 19,19,19,19,7,15,30 (7) (128)
31 vullaby - 14,16,26,17,21,16,20,27,29,11,20,5 (12) (222)
32 croagunk - 20,14,9,26,13,13,41,16,21,13 (10) (186)
33 honedge - 18,19,5,34 (4) (76)
34 dwebble - 14,7,36 (3) (57)
35 scraggy - 27,19,6,32,17,18 (6) (119)
36 shellder - 19,16,25,25,16,29,20,15,16,18 (10) (199)
37 pumpkaboo super - 14,23,17,21,14,19,33,16,30,15,18 (11) (220)
38 tirtouga - 24,7,38,20,15,20,18 (7) (142)
39 stunky - 14,48,20,10 (4) (92)
40 bellsprout - 19,31,19 (3) (69)
41 surskit - 18,18,35 (3) (71)
42 pancham - 22,37,18,28,15 (5) (120)
43 aipom - 11,18,39,33,19 (5) (120)
44 torchic - 20,40,17 (3) (77)
45 hippopotas - 44,20,16 (3) (80)
46 bunnelby - 21,42,12,36 (4) (111)
47 onix - 20,50 (2) (70)

I wasn't sure how to do this because there isn't really a specific number for each Pokemon that I could add to their ranking points to make up for not being included as much, so there are a lot of ties. I put ties whenever a Pokemon had something around a difference of between 21-40 less ranking points for each time they weren't included in a list, the assumption being that between 21-40 would be around where they would be had the list continued. Towards the bottom I increased these numbers because Pokemon would likely have worse imaginary rankings there.
What could be done is to have a predetermined unranked list of Pokemon that are almost universally considered viable and then have people rank them, but I figured that would be a lot more effort and less fun to those being surveyed (hopefully making a list didn't feel like a chore or obligation to any of you except for op! That wasn't my goal at all).

3/4 fletchling - 8,2,5,14,7,8,7,9,6,11,5,7,6,5,8,4,6,6,6,2,6,2,4,2,4,10,5,3,4,7,3,7,6,5,2,15,7 (37) (224)
3/4 timburr - 4,4,6,6,5,5,4,8,7,6,6,2,3,2,4,1,8,3,11,5,3,6,5,9,7,3,6,10,3,11,3,12,2,14,4,2 (36) (200)
5/6 abra - 13,7,4,4,4,4,5,11,3,8,2,3,10,3,11,5,3,5,8,2,3,2,5,14,7,5,5,2,5,4,13,6,11,10,6,20,6 (37) (249)
5/6 diglett - 9,5,3,3,3,12,2,8,5,7,2,3,8,7,10,3,12,11,4,3,18,8,4,8,5,6,3,8,4,3,6,4,2,1,6,5,6,4 (36) (221)
8 archen - 7,9,10,13,6,13,12,5,4,5,6,5,12,2,12,14,4,5,20,8,20,14,6,20,9,12,12,8,5,5,16,11,17,17,13 (35) (357)
9/10 spritzee - 11,10,8,8,8,14,3,6,10,27,10,8,10,13,9,16,9,10,13,16,18,8,13,8,9,8,12,8,9,13,8,9,15 (33) (357)
9/10 magnemite - 6,8,22,10,7,12,1,8,15,11,20,2,20,12,9,8,11,5,9,3,12,11,8,9,13,9,7,5,12,10,8 (31) (303)
11 gastly - 12,16,11,16,9,10,5,13,10,4,15,11,14,10,12,5,12,7,19,15,9,14,10,10,19,16,13,20,14,19,5,17 (32) (392)
13 gothita - 14,9,17,19,12,1,7,11,16,13,18,15,15,15,10,17,20,11,10,19,13,1,18,12,10,9,7,19,18 (29) (376)
14/15/16 omanyte - 16,17,18,18,25,6,18,15,23,9,20,8,13,16,20,7,10,15,11,15,18,9,19,17,7,15,11,2 (28) (398)
14/15/16 drilbur - 17,13,10,13,20,15,13,11,6,12,12,8,17,14,11,19,7,11,13,22,12,16,14,14,14,20,16 (27) (370)
14/15/16 ponyta - 10,21,7,20,16,17,9,18,22,11,15,18,3,9,10,26,4,13,6,6,7,11,10,18,16,12 (26) (335)
17/18 foongus - 2,22,5,26,20,12,17,18,13,14,28,12,15,19,24,17,12,17,14,19,10,11,4,19,8,10 (26) (388)
17/18 snubbull - 18,15,16,12,11,7,19,21,16,17,13,9,16,14,9,12,13,17,19,4,13,9,14,14 (24) (328)
19 staryu - 15,12,17,15,21,11,18,14,20,11,16,11,17,22,17,13,11,15,17,17,15,7,9,11 (24) (352)
20 snivy - 21,12,18,15,13,13,12,23,8,18,16,17,14,10,10,12,18,1,18,18,1,19 (22) (307)

22/23 vulpix - 24,15,15,21,9,16,18,28,19,17,19,19,16,17,32,13,12,12 (18) (322)
22/23 ferroseed - 25,15,15,17,12,19,14,24,19,16,19,16,12,11,15,13,20 (17) (282)
24 cottonee - 23,20,20,28,10,15,29,19,6,17,10,25,15,12,21,20 (16) (290)
25/26 larvesta - 19,17,16,17,15,15,26,14,37,14,19,14,15,19,13 (15) (270)
25/26 carvanha - 1,14,19,15,13,18,18,20,20,18,17,18 (12) (191)
27 corphish - 18,24,18,18,30,13,23,16,16,7,20,17,16 (13) (236)
28 vullaby - 14,16,26,17,21,16,20,27,29,11,20,5 (12) (222)
29/30 pumpkaboo super - 14,23,17,21,14,19,33,16,30,15,18 (11) (220)
29/30 croagunk - 20,14,9,26,13,13,41,16,21,13 (10) (186)
31 shellder - 19,16,25,25,16,29,20,15,16,18 (10) (199)
32 houndour - 24,16,20,18,20,17,11 (7) (126)
34/35 tirtouga - 24,7,38,20,15,20,18 (7) (142)
34/35 drifloon - 20,10,34,23,14,8 (6) (109)
36 scraggy - 27,19,6,32,17,18 (6) (119)
37 honedge - 18,19,5,34 (4) (76)
38/39/40/41 pancham - 22,37,18,28,15 (5) (120)
38/39/40/41 aipom - 11,18,39,33,19 (5) (120)
38/39/40/41 stunky - 14,48,20,10 (4) (92)
38/39/40/41 dwebble - 14,7,36 (3) (57)
42 bellsprout - 19,31,19 (3) (69)
43/44 surskit - 18,18,35 (3) (71)
43/44 bunnelby - 21,42,12,36 (4) (111)
45 torchic - 20,40,17 (3) (77)
46 hippopotas - 44,20,16 (3) (80)
47 onix - 20,50 (2) (70)
50 numel - 4 (1) (4)
51 aron - 9 (1) (9)
52 cleffa - 17 (1) (17)
53 buneary - 19 (1) (19)
54 wynaut - 20 (1) (20)
55 venipede - 27 (1) (27)
57 amaura - 47 (1) (47)
58 riolu - 49 (1) (49)
59 natu - 0

Shrug

LCPL Champion
hi im going to make a post:

There are legitimate arguments to ban Abra. I will make them later. There are also legitimate rebuttals. However, i am going to think of you as mentally impaired if i here the phrases "just run stunky" or "lol why suspect abra that's ridiculous" and recommend you get a caretaker to help you with household tasks, because you might have an IQ too low to function. Thanks!

All the best,
Shrug

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
hi im going to make a post:

There are legitimate arguments to ban Abra. I will make them later. There are also legitimate rebuttals. However, i am going to think of you as mentally impaired if i here the phrases "just run stunky" or "lol why suspect abra that's ridiculous" and recommend you get a caretaker to help you with household tasks, because you might have an IQ too low to function. Thanks!

All the best,
Shrug
This actually makes total sense, even more sense than dig if real.

I'm all for hearing an some discussion over possibly banning abra. Please do
No, we really don't need another argument about not making shitty HO teams. Sashbra's a one trick pony that grinds your opponent's offensive momentum to a halt, with little to no gain for yourself. Offensively speaking, it's a glass cannon with limited switch in opportunities, and struggles in competition with the likes of Gastly as a wallbreaker. It's not broken in the slightest lol

Shrug

LCPL Champion
Going to type some things bout the lc hazards submetagame.

Since I've started playing comp. mons it has been stressed entry hazards are the best moves in and most important facets of a metagame. It's easy to see why - hazards alter the dynamic of one of the game's central mechanics - switching - in two distinct and important ways: a) The residual damage racked up upon each switch-in gives you an edge of the opponent in terms of sheer base hp % - losing 12.5% or whatever each time you make a necessary move in the battle is always going to be a detriment. and b) the discrete nature of each mon's hp stat (i.e, attacks kill 6 unique pokemon w/ 100% hp rather than a 600% collective) means hazard damage on specific mons is going to be v useful in picking up specific KOs needed for teams.

In theory, the two benefits above should be spread near-evenly between offensive and defensive teams. Assuming a state of hazard imbalance (meaning: the team referred to has hazards and the other team does not - if both had hazards it would be a wash and hard to analyze the advantages of) and equal weakness (both teams are kind of, but not super, vulnerable to hazards - no larvesta / archen spinnerfree squads) benefit a) of hazards suits defensive teams more w/ rationale: 1) slower-paced teams mean longer turncount battles and the resultant increase in # of switches, meaning the hazard-wealthy team racks up more and more residual damage and 2) the opportunity cost of getting hazards up - basically, what you forfeit in terms of attacking or switching to get an edge the turn you foist a layer of some sort - is lower due to both the increased benefit in 1) and the fact layer-spreading is going to be a smaller %-of-turn due to the increase # of turns (duh). Above benefit b) suits offensive teams more because they are the ones looking for specific KOs with specific mons - this makes sense. Letting a few layers come up vesus a good offensive squad puts you between a rock and Goao 's dick after pikasohn types /me purrrrs into ps!.

However, I've found theres a definite imbalance in the ability of both teams to set, maintain, and exploit hazards - namely, offensive teams do it better. Aside from v specific mon-examples, I can think of a reason:

1. the diversity of the hazard-package: Ok, that isnt entirely true - in fact, defensive teams typically have more raw number options to use to set hazards. But a full defensive team needs to have a rocker, a spiker, and a spinblocker, as well as a spinner a lot of the time. in this way, options are pinched off - you need 3/4 pokemon with all those features with synergy with the defensive capability to stand up to the metagame. That's hard, and it doesnt even count Defog, which can often bone you. Offense, by contrast, is for the majority forced into Dwebble + Pawn (unless you're really good or utter trash and use venipede) but otherwise is pretty free. Offense can spinblock with offensive pressure - the opportunity cost of removing hazards v offense is similarly large as it is putting them up - and since you arent taking on the entire meta from a defensive perspective, you can focus on offensive synergy, in modern times very focused on overloading and thus much more narrow in scope (greater in power).

This difference seems to be one of the main reasons LC offense typically outclasses LC defense and kinda ties into any teamstyle discussion, so i thought it would be cool to post. Comment on ways of setting / keeping / removing hazards and how those members syngergize or talk about something else w/e i just want discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)