Project OU Player of the week #38: Denissss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Banner by Skarm™

Welcome to the OU Player of the Week Project: Rebooted! For those of you that don't know, this is a project where I interview a tournament player and have you, the readers, leave any questions you may have down below for them to answer. The ultimate goal is to gain insight as to how they play this skillful and strategic video game. If any of you have a suggestion for who I should interview, feel free to VM/PM me, and I will take your suggestion into consideration. Now, enough of this boring intro. Let's get to it!​

Most Known For:

Playing with BP

Favorite Pokemon:

Vaporeon

Most used Pokemon:

Smeargle and Espeon

Can you tell us a little about yourself?

I'm a 23 year old college student majoring in Information Technology (even though I hate programming and hardware knowledge so much!!!!). Love watching/playing tennis, playing the piano and watching TWD and The Voice. I like going to theaters and orchestras.

Where did you get your name from?

My real name is James Denis, Denis Bond 8|

How and when did you get into competitive battling?

I was once a little boy with a lot of time available, so I spent hours on Google looking for Pokemon stuff. Then one day I found Smogon's analyses, and I simply loved them! I spent so many time reading those analysis and everything was so beautiful and well detailed, and I thought the recommended sets looked so cool and effective etc. I also enjoyed how Smogon categorizes all Pokemon in different tiers, and I tried to learn all about the Ubers and OU threats at that time. The concept of the Life Orb and choiced items blew my mind too (I used to think that Leftovers was like the only viable item). Then I found this section on the Smogon Website, which recommended Shoddy Battle as an online simulator at that time. I've been following Smogon since then, even though I only made a forum account recently.

How do you feel about how ORAS plays compared to XY?

I don't know what to say here.

To add onto the above, thoughts on the team matchup issue?

I think that the people who blame team match up are those that enjoy playing defensively. Game Freak loves to create new strong and powerful threats because it is cool for the new kids (OMG A NEW OP MON YAY), so they are obviously trying to shape the metagame into something more offensive. Should Smogon ban every single wall-breaker they give us, for example? I really don't think so (Landorus-I and Mega Mawile were banned for not just being able to destroy defensive teams but ALSO faring very well vs offense). People that play defensively are risking themselves. At the same time they try to have safe counter measures to whatever the opponent might bring and they also still want to have room for their own "offensive momentum". Balanced teams usually have a defensive core (which may include a win condition like a Calm Mind Clefable, Defensive DD Mega Altaria etc), a revenge killer (which can be a scarfed Pokemon or a speed boosting weather sweeper) and some Pokemon that fare pretty well against offense in general (those Pokemon are usually either fast, hit hard or have priority). A common thing people do when making balanced teams is try to cover the most common threats in the current state of the metagame with their defensive core. But what if the opponent brings something that you can't wall reliably? You will probably end up sacking a Pokemon and then try to revenge kill said threat with your revenge killer (this is the concept of balance I guess), but sometimes you can't afford to lose a important mon, so this should be taken into account when you DECIDE to play with Balance. Balanced teams are very far from being capable of covering all threats and if the opponent has a dangerous threat, you will be punished for trying to defend yourself (the opponent may get a kill each time he/she bring a threat that is capable of killing something when your only counter measure is revenge killing said threat). ORAS has so many threats that it is impossible to cover them defensively, even with full stall! I think people should stop relying so much on playing safe, and start risking themselves with offensive teams. A good offense has response for almost everything, and it only loses if the opponent plays better. As someone that used stall/balanced teams for a very long time, I recommend you guys, from the bottom of my heart: STOP PLAYING DEFENSIVELY 100% OF THE TIME AND BE BRAVE ENOUGH TO BRING OFFENSIVE SHIT. "The best defense is a good offense".

Do you feel that there is anything that is suspect worthy at the moment?

Maybe the OU Council should nerf BP in DPP :o

What's your favorite playstyle and why?

Offense. I don't have the replay, but I played a ORAS Smogon Tour finals match against Peachy, he was using full stall and I had the Kratosmana Offense (Keldeo/Scizor/Bisharp/Landorus-T/Latias/Scolipede). The match up looked impossible for me to win. He had Amoonguss as a Keldeo counter, Tyranitar as a Latias trapper, Mega Sableye that completely neuters Scolipede and to a lesser extent Landorus-T (he could prevent me from laying Stealth Rock) and Quagsire as a Scizor and Bisharp counter. The thing is: I won. It felt so amazing, and all my Brazilian friends couldn't believe I managed to win that match. When I play with Hyper Offense, I feel a certain pleasure when I kill a threat, especially if we are talking about a match up against Stall. Offense is soooo cool to use and it is by far the most exciting play style. Stall and balance are boring as hell. They are not only more prone to match up issues, but they also require less prediction skills to be succesful with. It feels so mechanical, I don't know…

What's your favorite generation of OU and why?

ORAS I guess. Because I usually play it better than the other ones D:

How do you go about preparing for tournament matches? Does the process differ depending on the tournament?

As I said before I joined the Smogon Forums pretty recently and I played few official tournaments since then. After getting crushed by Lyconik and Tom Bus in the OLT (which was a double elimination tour), a german dude in OST and Get Backer in Smogon Tour, these are some things that I learned: don't try to build counter teams, don't bring shitty teams, don't be predictable, don't ever bring stall in ORAS (especially if your opponent knows you have an affinity with the play style), but instead bring solid teams that have been tested a lot and you are experienced with, and if possible, it must be great against your opponent trends. I don't have much time to scout for my opponent replays and see how he plays, so I usually end up asking for a friend to do it lol. I think that my skill level improved a lot since my first official tour, the OLT. I've been playing with more confidence, my team building skills improved and I've been playing more aggressively. Honestly I think I played reasonably well in the WCOP, even though I choked against Xray (Talonflame could win that match by itself but for some reason I risked it so it ended up getting paralyzed, leading to the loss of a guaranteed win). We learn from our losses. We grow in our grind. We mature through our mistakes. We find triumph through our trials.

Favorite WCoP game?

I didn't follow all games closely, especially after Brazil got eliminated from the tournament. I'm going to say my match against Cicada was extremely fun and was the favorite I played lol this guy ALWAYS provide me some excellent matches.

Thoughts on the newly introduced Smogon Classic? Favorite to win?

I think it is really hard to be consistent in 5 different generations. The winner of this tournament either has lots of Pokemon friends to help, is a robot or has no life (I'm semi kidding of course :s). I'm rooting for McMeghan because he is cute af :]

If you could change one thing about OU, what would it be and why?

Allowing lugia in OU would be a pretty cool thing. I've been discussing this with some friends and they think I'm crazy, but let me still try to explain lol.
The OU Council already tried to reduce the match up issue by suspecting Aegislash for a second time. Centralizing the metagame around a Pokemon that checks the majority of threats was the reasoning for this. However Aegislash was a threating Pokemon by itself, having very few counters in OU. So if the council wants something that checks the majority of threats, why not trying Lugia? Lugia has like 0 offensive presence and it is a set up bait for every single steel type/magic guard/magic bounce Pokemon, and OU has plenty of them. Lugia is also bothered by every single status condition and Stealth Rock. Destiny Device, even after hearing all my reasoning, simply said: "LUGIA DOESN'T DIE HELLO???". Are you sure man? I'm not convinced it is that indestructible. Suspect it imo. I didn't bring this up to discussion with someone like McMeghan because it sounds silly as fuck and he would probably say the same thing, so I'm just gonna share these random thoughts of my mind publicly in this thread, and nowhere else lol

Do you have any advice for newer players for playing, and for Smogon in general?

Watch high level replays, join the Apprentice program, ask for other players advice, pick teams from the Sample Team thread (if you still don't have access to good teams) and test them with your friends.

If you could change one thing about Smogon as a whole to make it better, what would it be and why?

banning cancerous users such as Meru would be sooo amazing :D

What players do you look up to / are good friends with?

Cosine180, Xray, Kratosmana, Stathakis, Get Backer, Tele, Livio.

The Banana Crew: Goao, Destiny Device, Tamahome, radianthero156, Hantsuki, Dekzeh, Tiba, Elodin, Disenchanted, Soulraiser, Speto, Ren-chon n_n, Sand Castle, Adam, Hill and Yan Sogeking (Yan actually sucks lol).

The faggy boys: Meru, The Goomy, TheCanadianWifier.

McMeghan: ugh seriously I've been really attracted to him since a long time, but it’s just a platonic love, I'm pretty sure he doesn't even care about me, even though he told me once that he used to have fun when he played with my GeoPass team :s

Other players that I think are good: Cicada, TDK, Ben Gay, IamGingy, Leftiez, Bad Ass and praj.pran

Special shoutouts to gr8astard. This guy was like my greatest rival on the PO ladder, and he used to say so much shit to me because I was a stall and BP player. I got extremely surprised to see HIM getting reqs with my GeoPass team in a suspect test. You guys have no idea what I felt when I saw that! LOL

Finally, can you provide us a team that's a good fit for this metagame and reflects your playstyle, with a brief explanation of how it works?

http://pastebin.com/jtk5sdWf

This isn't a new team (the metagame has changed since then of course). I used this a lot in the last Smogon tour's regular season. I KNOW IT IS A SEMI STALL TEAM, but at that time I still used to feel comfortable playing with bulky teams. I tried to cover the most common threats that were being used in the Smogon Tour matches. I made this around the week 7 and only lost once against Ox the Fox. At that time Sableye wasn't popular, I think only me and Tele were using it.

I tried to build around Sableye and SpD Talonflame. Sableye has Fake Out, ensuring me I could lead with and mega evolve safely, even against teams with a strong fairy type Pokemon. Talonflame counters some very relevant threats such as Scizor, Charizard-Y, non Thunder Wave Clefable (it can deal with it in a 1x1 scenario provided Clefable doesn't paralyze it on the switch). Then I included a physically defensive Tyranitar because I appreciated the fact that it could be a Charizard-X, SD Talonflame and Lati@s counter, and also provide me Stealth Rock support. I wanted to give it Toxic so it could also cripple some very bulky threats such as non rest Mega Slowbro, non Refresh Mega Latias and Bulk Up + Will-O-Wisp Talonflame. Then I needed something that could switch in Landorus-I (it was still allowed in the tier at that time), so I included a SpD Skarmory, which could handle non Focus Blast variants, and as bonus it also checks Landorus-T, Diancie, Excadrill, Weavile and it was my primary Clefable switch in, as I can’t afford to risk Talonflame getting paralyzed, and thanks to Whirlwind I can ensure that, most of the time, Clefable will be the last mon so Talonflame can beat it 1x1. Lastly, Defog takes some pressure off Sableye, allowing me to play safer with him. I needed at least one Pokemon that could give me some "offensive momentum", so I picked Keldeo because I felt I was lacking in Water, Fire and Dark resists. Keldeo also dealt with Mega Gyarados who I think is a huge threat. Then I needed a Keldeo counter. Celebi was choosen because the Nasty plot set could also help me against Crocune, Crobro and CroManaphy, while Leaf Storm is here because I needed something that could revenge kill a Belly Drum Azumarill after the boost (Giga Drain fails at OHKOing) and the physical defense is useful for scouting his set (CB Play Rough deals around 60%). Tangrowth can replace Celebi, as it is an all around better Pokemon (used it in WCOP against Xray). This team is very weak to Nasty Plot + 3 attacks Thundurus. If it is the Tangrowth version, bulky Water-types that can set up are serious issues and, to a lesser extent, Belly Drum Azumarill. If it is the Celebi version, the team is weaker to Gardevoir and Tailglow Manaphy).

Xray said this team still works in the current metagame and he enjoys to use it. I don't know. All I know is that I don't enjoy playing defensively too much anymore. Smogon Tour 20 is very close, so stay tuned for some innovations! ;s

---

post any questions you may have for the BP master below. See you next week!

So it finnaly happened. The man behind 6th gens most infamous tactic has finally been interviewed. How does it feel to be in the spotlight?

Thoughts on the nasty pass celebi + mega diancie combo?

Clefable, whimsicott, gothitelle or klefki. Which of these cancorous mons deserve a mega and why?

Thoughts on having an admin modeled off you and your team in the smogon OU game?

On a scale of 1-10 how evil am i and why? (i encourage t-wave spam on the ladder and. Use 2 fairies in every team)

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Hey man, didn't know you're studying computing :o (as i do haha)
  • Which part of computing particulary interess you, since you said you don't like programming?
  • Which programming languages do you know?
  • Seeing that you're an offense aficionado, which Lategame mon do you prefer? Same thing with Wallbreakers
  • Which tours do you think you'll try to play seriously? Like, will you try to get into tour playoffs again?
That's all! Thanks for the shoutouts, i particulary liked the matches we had, especially that one we played during tour :]

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Special shoutouts to gr8astard. This guy was like my greatest rival on the PO ladder, and he used to say so much shit to me because I was a stall and BP player. I got extremely surprised to see HIM getting reqs with my GeoPass team in a suspect test. You guys have no idea what I felt when I saw that! LOL

That was me impersonating him :x
Love you, love BP and thanks for the kind words :$

Isn't ur team a bit Clef weak? Ur only check is Talonflame which is easily beaten when it gets TWaved on the Switchin.

1) Why do you devise so many strategies involving Baton Pass? Is it to prove that it is broken or do you have any other reason?

2) Do you wish that people not always associate you with Baton Pass all the time?

3) What is your opinion on Scald in the metagame?

4) Which new Pokemon introduced in Gen Six do you like the most? What about the one you like the least?

So... the best (I'm still better!) player to ever grace PO & PS finally gets his do? Sweet!

Haven't spoken to you since BW2 when you were using that awesome Rain Stall team (I want it!), but seriously congrats on Player of the Week (Should be Player of the Year... do we even have that shit?)

As for questions,

1: Why do you think people despise Geo Pass so much? (Trust me, I've gotten this hate throughout many channels on PS)
2: Will you be creating a "form" of BP for Gen 7?
3: What is the best team you have created that is not a BP variant?
4: Will you ever return to PO?
5: Have you ever thought about being part of the staff here at Smogon?
6: If you could change 3 things about Smogon, what would they be?
7: What do you think of Dutch Pass? How would you improve it? (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/dutch-pass-time-to-screw-with-the-ladder.3527418/)
8: What is your least favorite play style?
9: Do you think "Megas" are broken?
10: What Official Tournament would you like to win?

Overall, thanks for creating those great BP teams (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/baton-pass-skill.3514679/) as I use to be one those people who hated the play style
but after mastering it I fell completely in love with it. Not that I can't use any other play style (Balance, Stall, HO, or Semi-Stall... bring it!) but it's still my favorite as there's nothing more satisfying
than destroying somebody's so called well built OU team with Geo Pass hahaha....

oml I found someone else who is on the lugia train ayyy....anyway I remember ya from the x and y ladder and we battled sometimes several times a day (I was the fgt who brought sub np thundey on the ldr for bp xD)

Most underrated mega in oras ou?
Are Snickers awesome
Should anything be banned rn

Why did you change your name to Dr. Zenis, and what made you change it back?

Any mons or sets you feel don't get enough love / exposure? Likewise, is there anything you think is overused / overhyped?

1) How do you feel when people still call you the BP user?
2) You are in ST playoffs finals, and fsr BP is allowed. You promise your opponent that you won't bring it. You are 1-1. Will you?
3) Most underrated and overrated sets in OU atm.
4) Favorites for tour?

Grats bro. :)

dEnIsSsS

'scuse me while i kiss this guy
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
OMG MCMEGHAN ARE YOU KIDDING ME NOOOOOOOOO AOSDJAOSNFOAJSNPJNASJDNAdjfngjndisjdÍJAÀSIJDÀIOSJD I'M SUCH A FOOL LOL

i knew it was too good to be true RIP at least knowing that you love me is a consolation to me :') <3

gonna reply everything else later

Last edited:
How many times have you promised to your ladder opponents that you would stop playing pokemon after reaching the top one last time ?

Also, I remember you in ladder, at a time when you were sharing the top with dauuude sandstorm, you've never stopped playing BP, even when smogon banned deoxys or limited the number of baton pass users in a team, you've always found a way to shine with a BP team and stay in the top, I must say I have always been impressed by that perseverance, gg for all your performances man !

dEnIsSsS

Are you ever going to try to bring bp back in oras, or has that ship sailed?
bringing BP in a tour match is definitely a possibility. Gliscor and Mew are potential passers. These mons are not broken, but they can still pass a decisive boost to a team mate capable of sweeping the opposing side (SD, NP, Calm Mind etc).

So it finnaly happened. The man behind 6th gens most infamous tactic has finally been interviewed. How does it feel to be in the spotlight?
it feels funny :]

Thoughts on the nasty pass celebi + mega diancie combo?
I don't like this combo too much (even though I've seen many people losing to it). Celebi itself is bothered by so many things it is no joke (Charizard, Scizor, Talonflame, Altaria, Weavile, Bisharp etc just to name a few ones), so against certain match ups it will be extremely difficult to pull off the pass so it will only be offering defensive support to the team, like countering opposing Keldeo etc.

Clefable, whimsicott, gothitelle or klefki. Which of these cancorous mons deserve a mega and why?
ugh I don't care about these mons tbh. I actually want a Mega Vaporeon (base stats: 130/65/110/150/115/65 with Regenerator) sooo badly :[

lol​

Thoughts on having an admin modeled off you and your team in the smogon OU game?
McM is an amazing dude and it is an honour for me to see how much he enjoyed to use my team. All my efforts were worth something in this community.

On a scale of 1-10 how evil am i and why? (i encourage t-wave spam on the ladder and. Use 2 fairies in every team)
Why are you evil? :[ I think I'm giving you "1".

An counter team for your BP team in DPP ?
:X perish song celebi is an ass

Hey man, didn't know you're studying computing :o (as i do haha)
that's nice not its not i hate computing someone please save meee

• Which part of computing particulary interess you, since you said you don't like programming?
I don't like the technical aspect of my area, I prefer more the management aspects. I like to understand what, for example, are certain needs that companies usually have (analyze requirements, or w/e you guys name it in english) and try to develop solutions, and also I like to elaborate ideas for softwares (I once got REALLY proud of an app designed for gym users my group of friends had to make for mobile devices), and I also got proud when we had to elaborate a banner for a group dynamic. I mean, I think I can have great ideas, and even though I despise my area so much, I think I can still put my strengths to work, so things work this way: I have the ideas, while my friends develop them with coding etc. I even did theater course to improve my public speech skills, so yeah I am the guy that loves to talk in seminars at the college and the likes.

• Which programming languages do you know?
I know Python and .NET lol, and I also "know" C#, C, Java and Pascal. I'm struggling a lot with the shitty Linux. My grades were very mediocre in all these assignments hehe I even had to cheat a few times

• Seeing that you're an offense aficionado, which Lategame mon do you prefer? Same thing with Wallbreakers
For a lategame mon I like Scizor because once its counters are gone, it is gonna sweep (did someone else noticed how OU lacks Scizor's viable checks/counters? x__x), so yeah Scizor is scary as hell. For a wallbreaker I really like Crawdaunt. I think it is a cute mon (like seriously) and only defensive Altaria walls it reliably. Good luck trying to defend yourself from this beast.

• Which tours do you think you'll try to play seriously? Like, will you try to get into tour playoffs again?
I will definitely try to get into Tour playoffs again. I'm still not sure if I want to stress myself with OLT, like I have a friend that is so fucking stressed for getting haxed on the ladder multiple times, so I'm pretty scared + lazy to try it out seriously.

That's all! Thanks for the shoutouts, i particulary liked the matches we had, especially that one we played during tour :]
I really hope we get paired in whatever tournament, so we can have more exciting matches! Thanks for your questions and see you soon!

Late game cleaner Scolipede y/n? (gets slidequake coverage)

Dumbest thing you've seen someone use against you in a game of mons?

Heist or Ojama in Classic?

Most underrated and overrated lower tier mon(s) in OU?

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Hey what's up Denis. I enjoyed talking with you briefly on PS awhile back about metagame discussions it was quite enjoyable and nice to see you here :toast:.

Do you believe your original 6th Gen BP was the pinnacle of BP with its full limitations around or do you believe there was still more to explore? For example I remember yourself using Heart Swap Smeargle to counter other BP teams at the time, cool stuff.

What are your thoughts on the suspect process? The good, the bad, what works, what doesn't? Would be nice to gauge some ideas as I know everyone has their own opinions on certain matters.

dEnIsSsS

1) Why do you devise so many strategies involving Baton Pass? Is it to prove that it is broken or do you have any other reason?

2) Do you wish that people not always associate you with Baton Pass all the time?

3) What is your opinion on Scald in the metagame?

4) Which new Pokemon introduced in Gen Six do you like the most? What about the one you like the least?
1) I used to have a lot of fun annoying other people, and I also wanted people to notice how broken it really was (it still is in DPP).
2) I only care about what McM thinks. The rest is just... the rest? :3
3) I don't have a strong opinion on this matter (I think it is all about personal preference at this point). All I have to say is that I like this move.
4) favorite: Yveltal, least favorite: Aromatisse

So... the best (I'm still better!) player to ever grace PO & PS finally gets his do? Sweet!

Haven't spoken to you since BW2 when you were using that awesome Rain Stall team (I want it!), but seriously congrats on Player of the Week (Should be Player of the Year... do we even have that shit?)
Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate your kind words :]

As for questions,

1: Why do you think people despise Geo Pass so much? (Trust me, I've gotten this hate throughout many channels on PS)
2: Will you be creating a "form" of BP for Gen 7?
3: What is the best team you have created that is not a BP variant?
4: Will you ever return to PO?
5: Have you ever thought about being part of the staff here at Smogon?
6: If you could change 3 things about Smogon, what would they be?
7: What do you think of Dutch Pass? How would you improve it? (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/dutch-pass-time-to-screw-with-the-ladder.3527418/)
8: What is your least favorite play style?
9: Do you think "Megas" are broken?
10: What Official Tournament would you like to win?
1. lol :]
2. maybe, but I think the OU Council should just apply the current BP clause in the next generation as well
3. ugh... Idk man, I think a person should build a good team for a specific goal, and that's all that really matters (so yeah I don't believe there is something like a "best team" or w/e thing you wanna name that).
4. no, I barely stay on PS
5. takes too much time I guess. I don't even have a badge lol
6. idk ._.
7. this team is no longer viable :[ the current BP clause prevents passing Spe + other boosts.
8. Stall (in ORAS).
9. they are cool :o
10. Smogon Tour

Overall, thanks for creating those great BP teams (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/baton-pass-skill.3514679/) as I use to be one those people who hated the play style
but after mastering it I fell completely in love with it. Not that I can't use any other play style (Balance, Stall, HO, or Semi-Stall... bring it!) but it's still my favorite as there's nothing more satisfying
than destroying somebody's so called well built OU team with Geo Pass hahaha....
thanks for the kind words once again :] I will definitely miss GeoPass :')

<33333

What was the motivation for laddering rain stall at 3 am on the high po ladder back in 2012?
looooooooooooooooooooooool how do you even remember that oo

Why the fascination with the team aqua dude? oo
Archie is my husbando

Are we fighting again this smogon tour?
i hope so :s I still wanna take my revenge >:D

What tiers can you currently make BP work in?
Doubles, DPP OU, ADV OU, ORAS LC, ORAS NU (The Goomy already has some pretty cool NU teams)

What was the counterteam you almost brought vs me on our oras game in st19?
Gallade, SubToxic physically defensive Gliscor, TWave + CM Clefable, AV Tornadus-t, CroManaphy and CM Raikou, or something very close to that oo

Are you jealous of my badge? :3
yes :[

obrigadíssimo pelo presente de aniversário
assim você me emociona ;-; também te amo :]

oml I found someone else who is on the lugia train ayyy....anyway I remember ya from the x and y ladder and we battled sometimes several times a day (I was the fgt who brought sub np thundey on the ldr for bp xD)
Sub NP Thundurus doesn't seem to be a problem (Sylveon could beat it with ease). Did I lose to you? :o
Most underrated mega in oras ou?
idk.. maybe mega absol?
Are Snickers awesome
idk oo
Should anything be banned rn
nope

Last edited:
What is the most cancerous team you can think of that's currently legal in OU, for any generation?

If you don't feel like writing all of that (I'd be too lazy to :p), what Pokemon and moveset do you think would be the most cancerous?

I'm interested to see a BP enthusiast's take on what they feel is truly irritating to deal with and wish didn't exist (not that I feel that way about BP, I never have).

Archie is my husbando
Can you explain your relationship with Archie? Not sure if its some obsession or your... Waifu? Man-fu? Idk.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What do you think is the best mon below B rank on the vr thread?

Do you like Hoopa U

Thoughts on new possible suspects in policy review?

dEnIsSsS

Why did you change your name to Dr. Zenis, and what made you change it back?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...re-not-tolerated.3508997/page-37#post-6222418
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...re-not-tolerated.3508997/page-40#post-6270615

Any mons or sets you feel don't get enough love / exposure? Likewise, is there anything you think is overused / overhyped?
I think dragonite is very scary and good, like it can play some mind games with Clefable users who have to guess if it is running a Lum Berry or a Weakness Policy (since Clef usually has both Twave and Moonblast). Nite takes a Moonblast with pleasure, then good luck trying to defend yourself from a +3 Dragonite. I think that Manaphy is a little bit overhyped (it is not as broken as most people think it is).

What is your opinion on the recent BP ban (only being able to pass 1 stat boost)?
I’m the one who proposed the suggested nerf to McM. oo (the clause actually is: a Pokemon cannot pass Spe + other boosts).

1) How do you feel when people still call you the BP user?
BP was the main reason why I got "famous", but I really don't care about what people say or think about me. If anything I think it is pretty cool to be an unusual player in the tournament scene (since most people look the same).

2) You are in ST playoffs finals, and fsr BP is allowed. You promise your opponent that you won't bring it. You are 1-1. Will you?
Amazing question man haha I can't answer you, man. I think it is like Poker, as in you feel when your opponent knows you are lying.

4) Favorites for tour?
praj.pran, Cosine180, Stathakis, Xray, Get Backer (Luigi. sucks oo), McM (if he plays seriously), Bad Ass and maybe me x____x
Grats bro. :)
thank u :]

all I have to say is, I still love dEnIsSsS
Steveeen :]

How many times have you promised to your ladder opponents that you would stop playing pokemon after reaching the top one last time ?
64 times, being accurate

Also, I remember you in ladder, at a time when you were sharing the top with dauuude sandstorm, you've never stopped playing BP, even when smogon banned deoxys or limited the number of baton pass users in a team, you've always found a way to shine with a BP team and stay in the top, I must say I have always been impressed by that perseverance, gg for all your performances man !
thanks a lot! :D

Guys I completely changed my mind about allowing Lugia in OU. I thought it would be a good addition to the tier but, like seriously this thing really doesn't die x_____x yeah sometimes my friends are right when they say I'm being crazy with my weird ideas haha

looiiyut

GIOVANE AUTISMOTTA
I didn't find my name in this thread...so sad

Who is the worst italian player?
Who is the most beautiful italian player?
What is agar.io professional ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)