Project Teambuilding Workshop v2 (Closed) [READ OP and Post #553]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Typhlo skarm

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 28 HP / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Thunder Wave

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 8 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Keldeo @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Overheat

ngl this core was harder to build around than i initially thought. but anyways, onto the team. dd malt and terrakion are okayish partners to each other, but they are unable to break certain fat things like mega venu and amoonguss, as well as fat waters like slowbro. to remedy this, np hp flying thundy was added. it checks talon too, which is a plus. i chose t wave to not autolose to dders, but focus blast can be run if you want to give a big middle finger to ferro. lando t was added to give me stealth rock support, while also ensuring that excadrill doesn't make me sad, because excadrill always makes me very sad whenever i make offense. it's the standard defensive pivot set so there's not a lot to explain. next, keldeo was added to patch up the weavile and bisharp weakness. i'm using lo calm mind with hp flying to screw over usual switchins liks celebi, venu, and amoonguss, dealing a crisp 70% to all of them bar max / max celebi. specs could be run instead but you're weaker than a +1 keldeo so it's personal preference. finally, scarf heatran was added to cover fairy-types since they made me sad. electric types like raikou and mega manectric also made me sad, so heatran helps with those somewhat. i'm running dual fire stabs because ancient power / stone edge isn't needed and fire blast sweeps are pretty cool, while overheat just breaks things.

if your opponent is running a solid offense squad, this team will struggle, so be advised. i did my best to mitigate the offense weakness and this is the best i could do with the given sets. if your opponent has an excadrill alongside ttar or hippo, do NOT let lando get weakened under any circumstances, because otherwise it is gg. i will say though that if your opponent brings a fat squad you're gonna have a great time because this team excels against it.

major shoutout to former weedle bludz for helping me with the squad. he helped improve the team immensely. enjoy the squad.

Mega Charizard X is one of the most fearsome sweepers in the whole tier. There is little that can stop it after a Dragon Dance. However, some Ground- and Water-types can give it trouble sometimes. Manaphy, another S-ranked mon, is able to deal with them, which Mega Charizard appreciates. To thank Manaphy for its job, Mega Charizard X removes Grass-types for Manaphy, and packs a good Electric resistance as well as Earthquake sometimes to beat most Electric-types after a Dragon Dance.
I would like this to be an offensive team. The core, specifically Mega Charizard X, enjoys hazard control, as well as its own hazards to help in sweeping teams.
Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake / Roost

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Energy Ball

Thank you in advance!

Typhlo skarm

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Thundurus @ Leftovers
EVs: 28 HP / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Thunder Wave

EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 8 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Overheat

ngl this core was harder to build around than i initially thought. but anyways, onto the team. dd malt and terrakion are okayish partners to each other, but they are unable to break certain fat things like mega venu and amoonguss, as well as fat waters like slowbro. to remedy this, np hp flying thundy was added. it checks talon too, which is a plus. i chose t wave to not autolose to dders, but focus blast can be run if you want to give a big middle finger to ferro. lando t was added to give me stealth rock support, while also ensuring that excadrill doesn't make me sad, because excadrill always makes me very sad whenever i make offense. it's the standard defensive pivot set so there's not a lot to explain. next, keldeo was added to patch up the weavile and bisharp weakness. i'm using lo calm mind with hp flying to screw over usual switchins liks celebi, venu, and amoonguss, dealing a crisp 70% to all of them bar max / max celebi. specs could be run instead but you're weaker than a +1 keldeo so it's personal preference. finally, scarf heatran was added to cover fairy-types since they made me sad. electric types like raikou and mega manectric also made me sad, so heatran helps with those somewhat. i'm running dual fire stabs because ancient power / stone edge isn't needed and fire blast sweeps are pretty cool, while overheat just breaks things.

if your opponent is running a solid offense squad, this team will struggle, so be advised. i did my best to mitigate the offense weakness and this is the best i could do with the given sets. if your opponent has an excadrill alongside ttar or hippo, do NOT let lando get weakened under any circumstances, because otherwise it is gg. i will say though that if your opponent brings a fat squad you're gonna have a great time because this team excels against it.

major shoutout to former weedle bludz for helping me with the squad. he helped improve the team immensely. enjoy the squad.
At first I didn't like how this looked on paper. but the team kicks ass in actuality. Million thanks :] . And I must agree this core is a bit hard to build with. Reason I had to resort to posting here. XD

Hello :] I'd like a team built around pangoro. I feel that if it can get free switches Pangoro can be deadly(volt turn)? If whoever takes this,if anybody, is struggling with Pangoro ( Im sure it doesnt have much usage for a reason) just tell me and I will give u another mon to build around if thats fine with u. Thx for reading and have a good day :]
Pangoro @ Choice Band/Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch/Parting Shot

Mega Charizard X is one of the most fearsome sweepers in the whole tier. There is little that can stop it after a Dragon Dance. However, some Ground- and Water-types can give it trouble sometimes. Manaphy, another S-ranked mon, is able to deal with them, which Mega Charizard appreciates. To thank Manaphy for its job, Mega Charizard X removes Grass-types for Manaphy, and packs a good Electric resistance as well as Earthquake sometimes to beat most Electric-types after a Dragon Dance.
I would like this to be an offensive team. The core, specifically Mega Charizard X, enjoys hazard control, as well as its own hazards to help in sweeping teams.
Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake / Roost

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Energy Ball

Thank you in advance!
I'll take this as well

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
/

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 136 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

OR

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Hey michael haley i call this team Red Assassins, basically is just 5 threats and a rock setter mon. The dark spam core basically works wear down checks in common so to help with that you need a rocker and a fairy resist so Speedy Tran was the solution for this rol (Thanks to AM), you need max speed tran simply because at the end of the build opposing Scizor completly destroy me and i couldn't HKO, having this 3 mons core i look my team and i've notice that i was weak to Fighting, Rotom-W and ground so i add CM Latios + Scarf Lando-T, this combo allow the team to switch in this weakness and gaining momentum with scarf u-turn, also add the team electric immunity and revenge killer in the form of Lando-T. And last was the mega slot, you can go with two different choice, one is MSciz which allow you to deal with Fairies more reliable because as you can see Diancie or Mega Alt sweep the team. For the other side you can go with MKazam this mon allow you to lure MSableye and handle a Keldeo if Latios goes down, although having a dark spam Keldeo is really pressure. So Basically you just set up rocks and start smacking things with the Red Assassins, triple SD is overwhealming for some teams. Hope you enjoy the team and GL.

Hey, here's the core I would like to build around.

+

Sets:

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Punch

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire
- Synthesis

I understand CB Rhyperior may seem really weird to you. I heard about it on the VR thread (thanks Srn ) and thought it was really cool. Most people suspect the defensive set, and things like Hippowdon, Skarmory, and Mega Scizor think that they are safe switching in, which isn't true. The 60 Speed is to outspeed Hippowdon and 2HKO it with Aqua Tail. In order to break down Rhyperior's checks, I added Offensive Mega Venusaur to take care of the Water and Grass types that stopped Rhyperior. Rhyperior, in turn, counters flying types that hurt Mega Venu. Good Luck and Thanks!

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Hey, here's the core I would like to build around.

+

Sets:

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Punch

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire
- Synthesis

I understand CB Rhyperior may seem really weird to you. I heard about it on the VR thread (thanks Srn ) and thought it was really cool. Most people suspect the defensive set, and things like Hippowdon, Skarmory, and Mega Scizor think that they are safe switching in, which isn't true. The 60 Speed is to outspeed Hippowdon and 2HKO it with Aqua Tail. In order to break down Rhyperior's checks, I added Offensive Mega Venusaur to take care of the Water and Grass types that stopped Rhyperior. Rhyperior, in turn, counters flying types that hurt Mega Venu. Good Luck and Thanks!
Made a team that pretty much had this core in an earlier post but if you're using band rhyperior use Ice Punch > Aqua Tail unless you enjoy being Garchomp food. Garchomps versatility is gonna pose more of a threat imo to make it risky not running it. - Personal experience

Made a team that pretty much had this core in an earlier post but if you're using band rhyperior use Ice Punch > Aqua Tail unless you enjoy being Garchomp food. Garchomps versatility is gonna pose more of a threat imo to make it risky not running it. - Personal experience
Ok, thanks for the advice!

Werid question, but while a team is being built for someone can the same person ask for another team while the other team is in the building?

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
+
Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Psychic/HP Ice

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Return
- High Jump Kick
These two Pokemon work very well together because they pretty much break each others' counters/checks. Mlop is walled by fat psychics, bulky mZor, bulky grounds, bulky fairies, chesnaught, venusaur, cofagrigus, and similar bulky mons, which are all destroyed by Hoopa-U. Hoopa U has trouble dealing with faster, offensive pokemon such as weavile, terrak, and gengar, and others which are all dealt with by mlop. These Pokemon can take down each others checks, but they have troubles with some common choice scarf users, Ultra fast mons, and Talonbird, so it would be nice if the team dealt with those. Thanks friends :D

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Could you guys update the OP, cause I have no idea if the shop's actually open. Anyways could you you guys help me out with this core? I spent an hour yesterday trying to build with it, and it didn't work out XD

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Grass Knot

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Magnezone helps trap Ferrothorn, Scizor and Skarmory, 3 things that generally wall Mega Metagross without Hammer Arm. Metagross has Ice Punch and Grass Knot to KO Tank Chomp, Hippo and Lando, since most of the time, those 3 can switch into Magnezone if it's locked into Thunderbolt or HP Fire. The core will need a good answer to sand offense and Mega Manectric. HO, bulky offense it doesn't really matter to me, and I'll be happy with whatever (as long as it isn't Stall XD). Thanks and keep up the good work! Y'all are awesome :)

Hey guys, today i would submit an offensive core i find sick as fk^^

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Knock Off

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Tail Glow
- Rest

Those 2 mons are great wallbreakers, manaphy laughing on things like skarm and clef, gallade destroying M venusaur and others grass and water types. I went with this special manaphy set, because i think keeping manaphy at maximum health let her saying "dont stop till you break enough" ^^
(Funny nicks would be cool too!)

Have fun building!

I don't know if the workshop is closed, in the OP it says it is. But the thread's title says "open" so I will post.

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD or some optimal EV spread
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fake Out/Metal Burst/Toxic/Whatever, this is a filler move for every mega sableye anyways.
- Knock Off

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe --> Enough speed to outspeed base 120 like alakazam at +1
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower/Fiery Dance
- Roost
- Bug Buzz

This is my first "laddering time" in OU, and I want something built around these two mons. The strategy is fairly simple: Volcarona sets up and wins. Physically bulky volc is, imo, kind of underrated since it use a lot of things as set up fodder with the combination of decent bulk and flamebody (it sets up on weavile since knock off does like 50% and you can roost, also sets up on spdef rachi, sd breloom assuming it's spore, conk, scizor and, to a lesser extent, bisharp.) But to set up it kinda needs rocks out of the way. That's where m-sableye enters, it keeps rocks out of the way for volcarona, and in return volc switches in to fairies and things that threaten mega sableye (if you decide to use foul play on m-sab it also beats spdef sd stone edge/taunt gliscor for volc.)

Have fun n_n

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Bulky Mega Venusaur / Stallbreaker Talonflame / Life Orb Gengar

I want to get a bit more into OU, and I really love hazard stacking semi-stall with a really strong Ghost in the back. Unfortunately I don't have the faintest idea what kind of spreads things are running in OU, and I'm not sure if the analysis spreads would best suit the final team. Mega Venusaur is just a badass wall, Talonflame helps with opposing stall, and Gengar messes with opponents trying to get rid of my hazards. Stuff I thought might be good partners: Lando-T, Skarmory, idk what else I don't play this tier
Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
EVs:
Nature
- Leech Seed
-
-
-

Talonflame @
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs:
Nature
-
-
-
-

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt?
-

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I want to get a bit more into OU, and I really love hazard stacking semi-stall with a really strong Ghost in the back. Unfortunately I don't have the faintest idea what kind of spreads things are running in OU, and I'm not sure if the analysis spreads would best suit the final team. Mega Venusaur is just a badass wall, Talonflame helps with opposing stall, and Gengar messes with opponents trying to get rid of my hazards. Stuff I thought might be good partners: Lando-T, Skarmory, idk what else I don't play this tier
EVs:
Nature
- Leech Seed
-
-
-

Talonflame @
EVs:
Nature
-
-
-
-

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt?
-
got this, will post the other teams I have either tonight or tomorrow night.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock/Stone Edge

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam/Fire Blast/Crunch

I've been wanting to build around this core, but haven't had much chance to. I'd love a team centered around these two to be able to abuse Mega Garchomp's Sand Force with Tyranitar's Sand. Feel free to change up the sets to more optimal options, I'd also like a something for Speed Control on the team 'cause, as you know, Mega Chomp is slow. Thanks in advance.

EVs:
Nature
- Leech Seed
-
-
-

Talonflame @
EVs:
Nature
-
-
-
-

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt?
-
I like idea of this 'core' inspired me make a team with it. Went with Balance type team, got bulk and got speed/offense. You most likely will want run HP Fire > Leech Seed. Since you say you don't play this tier I can give you small run down on the team. You want to mega evolve Venusaur ASAP to benefit from its extra bulk and thick fat. On talonflame I suggest using Bulk Up > Taunt for this specific team as it gives you another win condition if right threats are cleared. You're going want keep hazards out for this team, so excadrill does very good job has it can get off rapin spins reliably. You wanted Gengar so went with standard LO Gengar, taunt is to help break stall members of opposing teams, Sludge Wave too dust away those very Popular fairy types on the OU ladder. I added slowbo has he checks alot of threats, mainly opposing talonflames who can be trouble for the team.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up / Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

* This is a more balance verison if you want more semi-stall like with more hazards like you said, A Defog/Spikes Skarm can be decent. With Rocky Helmet perhaps.

IronHawk (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

This is the Set I run on my ''Disgusting Stall'' team.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
Arcticblast

I know you said you wanted Leech Seed, and I tried it, but it just isn't good in the meta imo. One of Venu's biggest selling points is being a good switch into to both Altaria and Ferro/bulky Sciz, and not having all your coverage moves takes that away. So I changed that to a more offensive set. Next, I went with a SDef Bulk Up Talon with Acro to make it a 100% safe switch-in to Torn-T. Taunt Talon sets up on Heatran as well, which is one of the main switch-ins to Venu. Standard LO Taunt Gengar here which helps wear down Heatran, provide another check to Clef (this whole team besides Chomp beats clef lol). Taunt Gengar + Taunt Talon can beat most stall builds if you play it right as well. I went with Skarm because you said you wanted Spikes stacking, and i thought the team could use a sand check. I went with SDef just so you have a decent switch-in to Lati. It also can switch in on Torn in case Talon gets bs confused or something. Chomp checks Bisharp, which I wasn't comfortable playing against with Talon being the only check. It also gives rocks and checks other Talonflame. Endure can be swapped out for Fire Blast, I just wanted to be able to do extra damage to Sharp/Talon if necessary. Finally, Slowbro rounds off the team as a secondary Keld check, Lop check (more and more run Ice Punch these days). I really liked CM on this team, but if the Zard X match up proves too difficult, you can swap it out for Thunder Wave. Weavile is probably the most difficult mon for this team to check, and the main reason I went Bulk Up>SD on Talon.

Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Talonflame
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Roost
- Iron Head

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Endure

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

FlareBlitz3000

I went with offense for this team, where Aero basically cleans up when everything is weakened from powerful hits with hazars support and trapping support from Tran. Went with Keldeo as a partner for this core because of its general weakness to Weavile, as well as being able to switch into certain waters like Manaphy w/o Energy Ball. Next, chose Lati as a Keldeo answer as well as a Manaphy check. CM can take a +3 Ice Beam at +1 and KO back with Draco. it also provides a switch to Rotom should tran not be able to trap it. Next, Chomp provides SR while also being a breaker for Aero. FInally, Klefki supposrts the team with Spikes, helps against stuff like SD Lando-T and can work as a last-ditched stop to Zard X/Altaria should you need it. Also, I went with Flash Cannon on Tran because losing to Clef is much worse than losing to Heatran.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Fang

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Spikes

slurmz
Idk if you still want me to build you a team since I said I wasn't going to use HP Rock. If you do, I'll post what I have, but if you want to wait for someone else to make an HP Rock team, that's fine too n_n

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
slurmz

Hera is neat. I decided to build around Hera's ability to set up on Ground types like Hippo, which love to switch in on Raikou. Standard Serp, with Glare being amazing support for Heracross, which no longer has to worry about being revenge killed by stuff like Torn-T when they are paralyzed. SD Hera is what I chose pretty much on a whim, and because otherwise Hera can't really beat Hippo/Lando-T. SUb can work though if you want a better matchup against offense. Heatran is a SR setter that checks both torn and Talon as well as Lati, while being complete Water bait for Serp and Raikou. Manaphy checks opposing Heatran, and I went with Rain Dance because the team doesn't really need any more coverage, but Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, and even stuff like signal beam can also work I suppose. Raikou just works so well with all these mons it was impossible to not choose it here. It's normal counters, Hippo, Mane, Lati, etc, just get destroyed by the rest of the team, and it's a secondary check to Torn just in case. Finally, i went with Karm to better handle Exca and to set up Spikes since this team causes so many switches.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Roost
- Iron Head

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Max Carvalho

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Taunt

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Recover

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Healing Wish
- High Jump Kick
- Return

AM passed the core over to me so I decided to make the team :o. It's a pretty simple HO squad with some cool things going for it. serp 'n gatr are really good wallbreakers/sweepers, and they cover each other's weaknesses quite well. One thing I noticed that was a bit troublesome right off the bat was Talonflame, so Aqua Jet is used because at +1 Gatr is faster than Talon and can chip off 81% of its health minimum. Even so, I added Heatran as the Stealth Rocker of the team to not be insanely weak to it, and I made it a Power Herb variant. This is because if Gatr wants any chance of sweeping, Slowbro and Quagsire need to go. Magma Storm is just a powerful STAB that gets good chip damage on a lot of switch ins, plus it traps fat waters for an easy kill. Because Keldeo was looking like a bitch, Calm Mind Latios was added to serve as a good check to it while also pressuring stall quite well. The set is pretty straightforward and I chose Recover over Roost because the animation is cooler. Anyways, as it stood, Zard X literally wins if it gets a free DD off, which is terrible because that thing is amazing right now. Because of this, Scarf Garchomp took the fifth slot. It outspeeds all variants and KOes back with an Earthquake quite easily. Also, it's pretty unexpected given the prevalence of TankChomp, so that is an added perk as well. Finally, it was time to choose a Mega Evolution. After much deliberation with myself and a friend of mine, Lopunny was chosen due to its excellent ability to handle opposing offense really well. It's the standard all-out attacker set with Healing Wish over Ice Punch because being able to give a teammate a second chance of sweeping is great, especially if Serperior or Feraligatr get statused or take too much damage while killing off an opposing mon.

The team performed quite well after testing, but a well-played Mega Altaria can be a bitch to handle. Ice Punch > Cruch on Gatr can help with this somewhat, as can Flash Cannon on Tran somewhere. A well-played Mega Lopunny is also somewhat troublesome, but there are workarounds to it in ScarfChomp and DD Gatr, so it's not as massive of a threat as it usually is to offense. If Lop or Serp get weakened, a late-game Mega Gyarados sweep is also possible, especially since it gam play games with Garchomp if it has not Mega Evolved yet. Finally, Glare is an option on Serperior over Taunt if you want to have a more reliable way to deal with Tornadus-T and Talonflame, but you become a bit weaker to stall if you run it. It's still a fair trade off, however.

Shoutouts to m00ns and DennisEG for help with the final tweaks.

Hope you enjoy the team dude.

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
Max Carvalho

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Taunt

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Recover

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Healing Wish
- High Jump Kick
- Return

AM passed the core over to me so I decided to make the team :o. It's a pretty simple HO squad with some cool things going for it. serp 'n gatr are really good wallbreakers/sweepers, and they cover each other's weaknesses quite well. One thing I noticed that was a bit troublesome right off the bat was Talonflame, so Aqua Jet is used because at +1 Gatr is faster than Talon and can chip off 81% of its health minimum. Even so, I added Heatran as the Stealth Rocker of the team to not be insanely weak to it, and I made it a Power Herb variant. This is because if Gatr wants any chance of sweeping, Slowbro and Quagsire need to go. Magma Storm is just a powerful STAB that gets good chip damage on a lot of switch ins, plus it traps fat waters for an easy kill. Because Keldeo was looking like a bitch, Calm Mind Latios was added to serve as a good check to it while also pressuring stall quite well. The set is pretty straightforward and I chose Recover over Roost because the animation is cooler. Anyways, as it stood, Zard X literally wins if it gets a free DD off, which is terrible because that thing is amazing right now. Because of this, Scarf Garchomp took the fifth slot. It outspeeds all variants and KOes back with an Earthquake quite easily. Also, it's pretty unexpected given the prevalence of TankChomp, so that is an added perk as well. Finally, it was time to choose a Mega Evolution. After much deliberation with myself and a friend of mine, Lopunny was chosen due to its excellent ability to handle opposing offense really well. It's the standard all-out attacker set with Healing Wish over Ice Punch because being able to give a teammate a second chance of sweeping is great, especially if Serperior or Feraligatr get statused or take too much damage while killing off an opposing mon.

The team performed quite well after testing, but a well-played Mega Altaria can be a bitch to handle. Ice Punch > Cruch on Gatr can help with this somewhat, as can Flash Cannon on Tran somewhere. A well-played Mega Lopunny is also somewhat troublesome, but there are workarounds to it in ScarfChomp and DD Gatr, so it's not as massive of a threat as it usually is to offense. If Lop or Serp get weakened, a late-game Mega Gyarados sweep is also possible, especially since it gam play games with Garchomp if it has not Mega Evolved yet. Finally, Glare is an option on Serperior over Taunt if you want to have a more reliable way to deal with Tornadus-T and Talonflame, but you become a bit weaker to stall if you run it. It's still a fair trade off, however.

Shoutouts to m00ns and DennisEG for help with the final tweaks.

Hope you enjoy the team dude.
Team is great man! Thank you Clone, m00n and Dennis to spare your time for building this! Really liked CM Latios, overall, team has many neat surprises often. I think I'll be running Ice Punch > Crunch from times tho, nothing can really reliably revenge kill Mega Altaria. Again, thanks :]

Umm hey guys, sorry to pester but AM said if a core wasn't taken within a week it was probably omitted... It's been a week and my core wasn't taken so I'm sure it's just a mix up or something cause you guys take in a bunch of cores every week but if someone could take that core that'd be awesome:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)