Resource NU Bazaar (Now Accepting SM NU Alpha Teams!)

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Leaf Storm
- Hurricane

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

Lumineon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Psychic

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast

So this is a neat team I built recently. I started with LO Shiftry since that just dropped and I wanted to try it out. Set is standard, but with Hurricane to just generally hit both Skuntank and Garbo hard. Next was Tank Rhydon to set up rocks and take on Bug, Poison, and (some) Fire types for Shiftry. Specs Lumineon was next to remove hazards and do solid damage, while also gaining momentum with U-turn. It also sponges Water attacks for Rhydon. Scarfed Rotom-Fan helps me check Archeops, as well as a multitude of other threats. Xatu is there to be a more reliable Fighting switch-in (hence the Colbur Berry). It also helps keep annoying hazards off the field since Lumineon loses a lot of momentum by Defogging. Heat Wave helps break Ferroseed which is otherwise really annoying for this team. Finally, we have Mega Audino. Blob is a good Dark switch-in, though it does have some issues with Skuntank. Wishes help keep the team healthy (needed since only Xatu has recovery). I planned on using this more as a pivot than a sweeper, so I went with max SpA and then Dazzling Gleam for STAB and Fire Blast to hit steels and make sure Klinklang doesn't set up on me. Overall, this team is pretty fun and does decently. Tauros is a big threat to this team, especially if Rhydon is weakened. Hariyama is bothersome as well (I can run Psyshock on Xatu, but then Weezing becomes an issue). Sweeper Rhydon can steamroll this team if I let it get to +2 speed. Pyroar is a threat, especially if they predict my Rhydon switch. I should probably play with this team a little more (don't worry; I have played with it a good amount, just not super extensively), but I thought I'd go ahead and post it here and see if you guys find any glaring weaknesses.
SPECS LUMINEON IS GOOD GUYS I TOLD YOU

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Early Bird
Naughty Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Leaf Storm
- Hurricane

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

Lumineon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Storm Drain
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Psychic

Audino @ Audinite
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast

So this is a neat team I built recently. I started with LO Shiftry since that just dropped and I wanted to try it out. Set is standard, but with Hurricane to just generally hit both Skuntank and Garbo hard. Next was Tank Rhydon to set up rocks and take on Bug, Poison, and (some) Fire types for Shiftry. Specs Lumineon was next to remove hazards and do solid damage, while also gaining momentum with U-turn. It also sponges Water attacks for Rhydon. Scarfed Rotom-Fan helps me check Archeops, as well as a multitude of other threats. Xatu is there to be a more reliable Fighting switch-in (hence the Colbur Berry). It also helps keep annoying hazards off the field since Lumineon loses a lot of momentum by Defogging. Heat Wave helps break Ferroseed which is otherwise really annoying for this team. Finally, we have Mega Audino. Blob is a good Dark switch-in, though it does have some issues with Skuntank. Wishes help keep the team healthy (needed since only Xatu has recovery). I planned on using this more as a pivot than a sweeper, so I went with max SpA and then Dazzling Gleam for STAB and Fire Blast to hit steels and make sure Klinklang doesn't set up on me. Overall, this team is pretty fun and does decently. Tauros is a big threat to this team, especially if Rhydon is weakened. Hariyama is bothersome as well (I can run Psyshock on Xatu, but then Weezing becomes an issue). Sweeper Rhydon can steamroll this team if I let it get to +2 speed. Pyroar is a threat, especially if they predict my Rhydon switch. I should probably play with this team a little more (don't worry; I have played with it a good amount, just not super extensively), but I thought I'd go ahead and post it here and see if you guys find any glaring weaknesses.
This is a really interesting team, my only question is why you chose to use Lumineon instead of just giving Shiftry defog? This would allow you to use a better water type in a similar role (specs Lanturn or LO Poliwrath, specifically). Lumineon is a fun pick, but getting locked into defog is incredibly awkward, and I can't see hurricane doing that much work for you on Shiftry.

This is a really interesting team, my only question is why you chose to use Lumineon instead of just giving Shiftry defog? This would allow you to use a better water type in a similar role (specs Lanturn or LO Poliwrath, specifically). Lumineon is a fun pick, but getting locked into defog is incredibly awkward, and I can't see hurricane doing that much work for you on Shiftry.
Ok I'll try it out. Thanks!

The Ice Diaries (Aurorus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power

Out With A Bang (Glaceon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Cloak
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Beam
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

You Shouldn't (Kadabra) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dazzling Gleam
- Encore

Skipper's Bin (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Mr. Widemouth (Floatzel) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Baton Pass
- Waterfall
- Taunt

The Pastel Man (Scyther) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Are you sick and tired of seeing the same weather teams over and over again?
Do you want to show off to all of your friends with a really cool team but don't know how to build one?
Are you ready to join the revolution and sweep the entire tier of sun and rain teams?

Then look no further because sales manager MFF is here once more with a one in a lifetime offer!
This time I present to you: NU Hail team 1.0, for only 99.99$! A really chilly team build around Aurorus and Glaceon. The Aurorus in question is a rock polish set so that it's able to pull in a sweep after the opponent's team has all of its walls removed or whittled down by the best wallbreaking ice type out there, specs Glaceon!

A third member to add to this icy core could be nobody less then Kadabra himself! While magic guard allows Kadabra to take no Hail or hazard damage, Kadabra's speedy encore stops some set up mons from being efficient by locking them in a set up move! On top of all of this, Kadabra comes with a focus sash to serve as the perfect revenge killer. Able to survive almost every attack at full health and striking back at the enemy with a powerful special attacking move! What more can you even expect out of this trick master?

Now you might think, "Hey, what if you face an Archeops? You'll lose every match when the opposing team packs one of those, right?" Well, no. because the fourth member of this team is able to beat up any Archeops set with ease and set up rocks on top of it! But that's not all. If you buy our new special bonuses for a measly 5.45$, then your Rhydon will come with the exclusive move... Megahorn! Enabling it to be a soft check to the threat that is named Malamar.

Now for all of you nitpickers out there that try to claim that Rhydon gets whittled down by hail and therefore can't keep checking Archeops. I present to you the fifth member of the team. Ladies and gentleman put your hands together for Floatzel! being able to not only revenge kill Archeops and a whole lot of other Pokémon thanks to his amazing speed, the floating weasel is also able to taunt the opposing hazard setters and possibly disrupt the enemy strategy because of this nifty move! "Wow that's amazing, is that all it can do?" NO. It can also maintain momentum and pass bulk up boosts to his teammates making either Rhydon or the upcoming sixth member even more dangerous than they already where!

Speaking about this sixth member, I believe it's time to announce the last member of the team. Packing an extra win condition and checking Malamar all by himself. The Edward Scissorhands of NU. The all time crowd favorite that has been around since the first generation of pokémon, it's of course, the one and only Scyther!

So that was it ladies and gentleman, I hope this was as learn full for you people as it was fun for me. If some of you want to join the revolution, I will leave a pastebin with the team and I hope to see you all next time!

Totally didn't steal the archetype after I saw Aladyyn using it for the dark horse project

MFF family trade business is not responsible for the usage of bad teams in the NU metagame.

Last edited:

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Endeavor

Sawk @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Naive Nature
- Defog
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Shadow Ball

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Substitute
- Gear Grind
- Return

Ok so this is a team I that went thorugh alot of changes and I had moderate success with on the ladder, reaching 1500'ish before the ladder reset w/ a GXE of 80. I wanted to build around the offensive core of custap Sawk and CM Mesprit, Sawk and Mesprit can handle each other's cheaks. SR really help Sawk and Mesprit and one the best ways to get up rocks on an offense teams in nu is lead sash Archeops. Next up,I added Shiftry. Shiftry can use defog which is essential for keeping my Sawk's sturdy intact aswell as a strong priority which my team was lacking. To keep rocks up on the field I chose Rotom that acts as a spin-blocker, Rotom is scarfed because I was looking very weak to mons like Archeops, Pyroar and shell smashers Rotom can outspeed those threats and damage or kill them with t-bolt or shaodw ball accordingly. A fast volt switch is also very helpful for an offense team. Klinkklang was picked last to cheak birds and fairies such as mdino aswell as being a very good wincon that benefits from stealth rock.

This is really fast paced, offense team I hope you enjoyed and I will be glad to hear some criticism about it :]

EDIT: changed Archeops spread, s/o to Kiyo

Last edited:

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Archeops @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Endeavor

Sawk @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Defog
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Shadow Ball

Klinklang @ Leftovers
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Substitute
- Gear Grind
- Return

Ok so this is a team I that went thorugh alot of changes and I had moderate success with on the ladder, reaching 1500'ish before the ladder reset w/ a GXE of 80. I wanted to build around the offensive core of custap Sawk and CM Mesprit, Sawk and Mesprit can handle each other's cheaks. SR really help Sawk and Mesprit and one the best ways to get up rocks on an offense teams in nu is lead sash Archeops. Next up,I added Shiftry. Shiftry can use defog which is essential for keeping my Sawk's sturdy intact aswell as a strong priority which my team was lacking. To keep rocks up on the field I chose Rotom that acts as a spin-blocker, Rotom is scarfed because I was looking very weak to mons like Archeops, Pyroar and shell smashers Rotom can outspeed those threats and damage or kill them with t-bolt or shaodw ball accordingly. A fast volt switch is also very helpful for an offense team. Klinkklang was picked last to cheak birds and fairies such as mdino aswell as being a very good wincon that benefits from stealth rock.

This is really fast paced, offense team I hope you enjoyed and I will be glad to hear some criticism about it :]
Can you explain the reasoning behind max hp lead archeops and no head smash? I feel like most of the attraction to lead archeops is having a pseudo spinblock when you kill yourself with recoil, I also don't see why max hp is important without roost.

Not saying your set is bad, just curious

Can you explain the reasoning behind max hp lead archeops and no head smash? I feel like most of the attraction to lead archeops is having a pseudo spinblock when you kill yourself with recoil, I also don't see why max hp is important without roost.

Not saying your set is bad, just curious
I used Head smash on archeops before and to be honest, it never really helped so I swithced to rock slide just to deal a little damage before dying. I really cant rememer Why I put max hp I built this team a long time ago (in the magents meta) I will change the set :O

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- Sucker Punch
- Explosion

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Signal Beam

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Taunt
- Pain Split
So this is a team I kinda slapped together late one night and it actually works pretty well. Dark types are good rn and I like Shiftry so I started with that. Explosion Shiftry is great for luring Skuntank, so I added Mesprit since it hates Skuntank and it can set rocks. Signal Beam hits Malamar and the rest of the set is standard. Pawniard I originally added Pawniard to help deal with MAudino, but tbh it doesn't fare too well against it, but it still ended up working really well with Shiftry to wear down Dark checks and have more priority on the team. Garbo was added next because hazard stack (esp Toxic Spikes) is nice and it can (sorta) take on Sawk. Stacking hazards really helps versus faster threats so Pawniard or Shiftry can take them out with Sucker Punch. The next member is Hariyama, who helps take special attacks for the team while also appreciating Shiftry and Pawniard's ability to break Psychics. This slot used to be occupied by Malamar for more dark spam, but the team was just too easily overwhelmed by special attackers. Misdreavus was added next to help with normal types and choiced fighting types, as well as spinblocking. Taunt is also really important to deter hazards and setup sweepers. It also likes how Shiftry can lure Skunk in. This team is really fun to play with and it works better than I thought. The main issue is the team is really slow, so anything faster than Mesprit that can take Sucker Punch from Pawn or Shiftry can do some serious work. I can deal with one strong and fast physical attacker, but if the opponent has two or more of Swellow, Chops, Tauros, and Sawk, then Garb is really pressured and goes down easily. Tauros is especially problematic since it can eat a Sucker Punch or two. Quag is also supremely annoying aside from Leaf Storm on Shiftry. Mismagius and Haunter are also issues since everything on my team either hates being burned or taking a Hex/Shadow Ball, though they are fairly easy to revenge and force out. Any suggestions to improve this team are greatly appreciated, as I really like it and want it to be successful!

Is it okay to post teams that are pretty basic? The thing is, I made a stall team (have never actually played a dedicated stall team before and really wanted to try it out) a few days ago that probably isn't anything special but I was wondering if I could post it here anyway because I found it pretty hard to find a decent stall team before. Of course there are a lot of stall cores on other threads but no complete teams. Might be helpful for people that want to try out a stally build but don't know where to start.

Hello peeps, are you also one of the people that wanted to try out stall but have no clue where to start when building because you can't find a decent up-to-date example team? Then I have some good news for you because here I am, with a somewhat decent team that should be able to stall out a match 'till the end of times or 'till your opponent finally finds out that all resistance is hopeless and he/she should just roll over and give up on mons.

First mon on the team is Weezing. A solid fighting resist, able to set up toxic spikes and it's also the only mon on the team that can deal with opposing Ferroseed unless you decide to give up on Heal Bell and run Fire Blast on Audino for some weird reason.
A Ferroseed of my own can deal with a lot of special attackers, use Leech Seed and Spike support and scout with Protect. Not much to say about this one.
Carracosta is the main fire and flying resist of the team and is able to round up the hazard core with Stealth Rock. Rock-solid mon!
Mega-Audino+Quagsire was one of the main reasons I wanted to try a stall team since it looks so damn annoying to face. I wanted to try Curse Quag over toxic because reasons.
Cryo was added lastly as a bulky spinner. I don't really like Claydol all that much on this team and since Cryo has acces to Recover...
Sets can be found in the link below!

When playing this team keep 2 things in mind. You have to play very carefully around Magmortar Because it can pretty much break every mon on the team with the appropriate move. Cm Xatu with Giga Drain and Psyshock also runs through with nothing on the team being able to deal with it.

Importable: http://pastebin.com/ezsjpkP5

This is my first serious attempt at a stall team so if I made any horrible mistakes outside the Mortar/Xatu weaknesses, let me know pls :3

Tennis might have suggested the weezing+Ferro+Costa core to me when I asked the NU chat about building a stall team.

Torterra @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 112 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Heavy Slam
- Fake Out

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
Rash Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Spiky Shield

Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Pain Split

Now you look at this team, and say: "lolbro, you are fucking retarded, why are you using special torterra?" The answer is, why the fuck not? I was bored and wanted a cool thing to build around, torterra gets a cool special movepool and can bop shit like garbodor when they predict a wood hammer. Next I paired it with a decent fire type check. And a mon to blow away Special walls; Hariyama and Rhydon. SD Rhydon is fucking broken, even if it is slow, it ohko's so many walls even being jolly, and it's coverage makes for spectacularly flashy plays. Hari is on the team as a general status absorber and a decent fire check. The ev spread does shit n stuff. I looked at the team and was like; "shit, i lose to water types!" So i threw on a water absorb mon who could also bop sr users and get residual on annoying ass voltturn cores, mainly the 'turn' half. Now that I had a solid core, i found i needed a wallbreaker on the special side, refrigerate aurorus fit the bill. It's strong, nichze coverage and kinda-sorta-maybe-not-at-all fast. Stone edge is to bop mortar n shit, because fuck earth power doing to av mortar, it also bops cryogonal I guess. Weezing is the final slot as it is a fighting check thingy, so yeah. Without I got 6-0'd by sawk, with it, i get 5-0'd. KEK i cant even bb code LOL

Last edited:
Ill drop 2 straight teams, fine by me.

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Giga Drain

Regirock @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 56 Atk / 16 Def / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave
- Drain Punch

Gourgeist-Super @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Pyroar @ Leftovers
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
EVs: 24 HP / 224 Atk / 176 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

Mantine @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 16 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Defog
- Rest

So one night I hit up Sweet Jesus to build a team. He agreed stating he isn't the best person to partner build with i disagree. I asked him if he had any mons to build around, he said viv. I was liek, wynaut, lesdoeeeeet. Standard Viv set if you aren't lead endeavor. Regi+Gourg checks most of the tier, especially with their respective berries. This is a cool Pyroar set, dodging twaves, spreading burn. Skuntank was added here as a simple CM Psycheck (ha, c what i did there?) with strong priority, it also pursuit traps ghosts who could stop pyroar from spamming hvoice. Mantine was added last as an auxiliary fire check, don check, and fighting check. It also gave us defog support so viv didn't lose half from stealth cocks. Oh yeah, this team also has cool berry spam. Not much else to say, pretty straightforward team based around getting rid of viv's C&Cs so it can sweep easily.

Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst

Settle Down (Vivillon) @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Energy Ball
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder

Tired of Running (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes

Murderous Rythm (Pyroar) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute

Peace of Mind (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 208 HP / 48 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Holy Water (Kabutops) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Lights Shut Off (Rotom) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

This team was built around Vivillon, a very underrated sweeper in the current meta. The team support for Vivillon is pretty simple: have a Kangaskhan counter, and have something to wear down Magmortar and Lanturn. Once those pokemon get widdled Vivillon usually has a good chance of sweeping. Ferroseed is the Kangaskhan counter, an aqua jet switch in, and a spiker which are all of which Vivillon loves. What is a pokemon that Lanturn and Magmortar switch into quite easily? Pyroar! Pyroar of-course was added because it can wear down Vivillon's C&C while also checking Mismagius and Rotom which Mesprit struggles with. I needed a rocker, so I chose Mesprit. Mesprit is really cool with a Colbur berry because it lures Shiftry and bops it with a U-Turn, and rotom is great late-game when Shiftry is absent. Mesprit is also my fighting check which i wanted an extra fighting check since Vivillon doesn't really want to switch into any coverage moves that fighting types tend to carry and Vivillon can't even revenge Gurdurr without losing 50% of its health after rocks. Speaking of rocks, i needed a way of spinning them away. Since I'm running spike-stack i chose a spinner rather than a defogger. Kabutops was chosen for its 4x resistance to fire which was needed because of pretty much my whole team gives Magmortar free switch-ins, which is the main reason i chose it over Claydol even though the Electric Immunity is nice when teambuilding with Vivillon. Finally, I got Scarf Rotom in the back. The reason i chose scarf was because i was rather weak to Archeops and Musharna, and my team lacked immediate speed. Tricking Musharna a scarf is usually the key to victory. You can also trick Lanturn which makes it easier to manage without its leftovers.

Girls, Girls, Girls

R-E-S-P-E-C-T me (Xatu) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 224 HP / 96 Def / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Signal Beam / Giga Drain

I love (Jynx) @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Lovely Kiss

call me cabron (Regirock) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

my heart (Audino) (F) @ Audinite
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast / Psychic
- Thunder Wave / Grass Knot
- Calm Mind

I do adore (Mesprit) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

model chick (Lilligant) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance

This team is setup spam and it works pretty well. Something cool I've found with this team is that alot of the moves are interchangeable. You could run HP Fire on lilligant and then Psychic on Audino as an alternative to mess w/ your opponent if they know this team. Xatu prevents hazards and carries the rocky helmet to wear down Ferroseed and Skuntank. The reason I'm running HP Ground on Lilligant is because Xatu already walls Ferroseed and HP Ground hits Skuntank and Garbodor, pokemon that Mega Audino hates. Regirock is my fire resist, normal resist, and flying resist, it holds the team together with its resistances. I chose Earthquake on Regirock solely because of Klinklang, i want to avoid having things that Klinklang can setup on if I can because this team is rather weak to it. Protect is great on Regirock because i can get lefties back and scout which move choiced Sawk is going for since i have a way of switching in to all of it's moves. Jynx is mono-attacking shoutout to the BW2 days, this thing is awesome in this sucker punch infested meta. This team naturally wears down ice resistant pokemon like Magmortar and I always have ways of checking Lanturn with Lilligant or i can switch normal Audino into volt switch then switch out immediately and get my health back with regenerator. I chose jolly nature on Mesprit for outspeeding +2 Rhydon which is also a threat to this team, which is why i slashed Grass Knot on Mega Audino.

Last edited:

Samurott @ Splash Plat/Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance

Combusken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Baton Pass

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse/Knock Off
- Extrasensory

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes/Seed Bomb
- Spikes

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: No Guard
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge/Shadow Punch
- Stealth Rock

Archeops
Jolly/Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail/Heat Wave/U-turn
- Roost

So I was trying to build a Combusken pass team and wanted some pointers after playing a decent amount of matches and being more of a balance builder/player. I decided to go with a core thats been mentioned before along side combusken and that is SD Samurott. This monster can setup on alot of the Meta and appreciates speed passes from combusken along with good offensive synergy as well. However, bulky waters gave trouble to this core. I then decided to add shiftry as a lure for Samurott as well as a potential Speed pass recepitient. I made him special to help lure Samurott checks such as bulky mons like Gurdurr/Vileplume/Weezing who wont appreciate the combination of Dark Pulse/Extrasensory. He also gives me more priority and a soft water/elec/psychic check. I am open to changing to a physical set with either Explosion/SD if that fits the team better. Next I wanted a fightning check and spikes stacking to help one of my first 3 offensive mons potentially sweep lategame. I went with Garbodor. I have Seed Bomb slashed with Toxic Spikes to help weaken Quag/Rhydon who are big threats to my team and another lure for Samurott. He also punishes priority users who threaten my frail sweepers. Next I needed a 2nd fighting check, normal check, SR and a Spin Blocker. I choose GOlurk because he is also a potential unexpected Speed Pass Recipient and his DP antics can sometimes come in clutch. I have seen Stone Edge run over Shadow Punch for Bulky flyings such as Scyther/Rotom-Fan/Pelipper (who walls my entire team basically!) so I am undecided on it. Colbur helps vs Knock Offs from things like Sawk/SandSlash. Finally I wanted another fire/normal check and ground immunity and a fast revenge killer for when I cant BP boosts. I choose Archeops because it is so good in this meta at the moment and because it can serve as a Volt-Turn core with Combusken with U-turn, can taunt set up/mons or defoggers trying to remove my hazards or a Rhydon/Ferro Lure depending on my choice. I would appreciate any feedback as I am questing into uncertain waters. Thanks on anyones input!

Last edited:
/

Version 1
Shiftry @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade

Carracosta @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Shell Smash
- Superpower

Scyther @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Sandslash @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb
Ability: Ice Body
Mild Nature
- Explosion
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam

Combusken @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 SpA
- Baton Pass
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Version 2
Shiftry @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Defog
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm

Carracosta @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 92 Def
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Scyther @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Explosion
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam

Combusken @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Baton Pass
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Protect

This team started when I wanted to have some fun building around octillery. But after getting to like 1400 on the ladder I decided to swap it out for shiftry and make it a "serious" team. To the teambuilding process: after octillery, I decided to use one of my favourite mons atm, explosion vanilluxe, when paired with combusken it can remove its checks and counters (lanturn, av mortar, etc.) allowing KFC to sweep, and in return 'busken can pass speed boosts to the rest of the team, mainly to sd shiftry and mixed vanilluxe (I opted for an offensive variant with lo instead of evio because it really needs the power, otherwise it feels... kinda weak.

I added a stealth rock user since it's obligatory in every competitive team, I opted for rocky helmet sandslash because it also provided a klinklang check and also a soft archeops check (not a hard check since I don't have a way to hit cheops for decent damage), and then I added sub sd scyther as a fighting check and megadino check, it's also a cool wincon. The lack of bug coverage means you'll probably have a worse matchup against malamar, but you should be able to beat it if you play around it with your two strong special attackers and rhelmet damage on slash (also iirc you have a chance of beating malamar 1v1 with sub sd scyther, not sure though).

As I said I removed octillery to bring sd shifty, which gave me a rotom check and a wincon that beats lanturn, or at least weakens it for busken and scyther. Smash costa works as a normal/fire resist and another wincon, it can also check flying types (to give sandslash some breathing room). The lack of a water resist that doesn't mind getting scald burned really hurts sometimes, but I guess it's ok.

There's another variant of this team that includes swapping out sandslash for standard garbodor to help with megadino, sd shiftry for mixed defog (since you need hazard control for scyther), ss costa to offensive stealth rocks costa (you lost your rocker) and sub sd scyther to standard sd u-turn (for a better matchup against malamar).

Last edited:

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'll also throw down a fun team because I've gotten as much use out of it as I think I'll get.

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Frost Breath
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

I wanted to fit ice cream in a core because it's pathetically easy to do that nowadays. Vanilluxe plus Samurott was what I decided on. Ice cream crushes defensive answers to Samu, namely Lanturn, Quagsire, and Pelipper. Samurott is just an extremely consistent sweeper right now and a strong wallbreaker supporting it is invaluable. From there I chose Jumpluff because Vanilluxe pressures some of Jumpluff's common switch-ins, such as Pilo, Garbodor, Weezing, and other stuff gets smacked by Samu. Ferroseed is a bitch for all three, but it's usually worn down because of its lack of reliable recovery. I chose Kanga because I hate Vivillon and I hate being outsped when I'm running offense. Hitmonchan was a soft rocks cleaner and the extra priority was appreciated. Defensvie Mes was my final member because I still needed Rocks, an actual Close Combat switch in, and Healing Wish is obviously cool on offense.

Overall I think the team's pretty solid. It's pretty easy to keep rocks on the field because of how the team naturally pressures hazard control. Although I have had problems with opposing Scyther and careful playing from opps, but that kind of match isn't unwinnable either.

I know it's just I tried to revive a thread that hadn't seen activity since September and immediately people start posting their teams when I thought I would get some feedback. I probably didn't understand the purpose of the Nu Bazaar properly.

Last edited:

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Shiftry @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- Sucker Punch
- Explosion

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Signal Beam

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Taunt
- Pain Split
So this is a team I kinda slapped together late one night and it actually works pretty well. Dark types are good rn and I like Shiftry so I started with that. Explosion Shiftry is great for luring Skuntank, so I added Mesprit since it hates Skuntank and it can set rocks. Signal Beam hits Malamar and the rest of the set is standard. Pawniard I originally added Pawniard to help deal with MAudino, but tbh it doesn't fare too well against it, but it still ended up working really well with Shiftry to wear down Dark checks and have more priority on the team. Garbo was added next because hazard stack (esp Toxic Spikes) is nice and it can (sorta) take on Sawk. Stacking hazards really helps versus faster threats so Pawniard or Shiftry can take them out with Sucker Punch. The next member is Hariyama, who helps take special attacks for the team while also appreciating Shiftry and Pawniard's ability to break Psychics. This slot used to be occupied by Malamar for more dark spam, but the team was just too easily overwhelmed by special attackers. Misdreavus was added next to help with normal types and choiced fighting types, as well as spinblocking. Taunt is also really important to deter hazards and setup sweepers. It also likes how Shiftry can lure Skunk in. This team is really fun to play with and it works better than I thought. The main issue is the team is really slow, so anything faster than Mesprit that can take Sucker Punch from Pawn or Shiftry can do some serious work. I can deal with one strong and fast physical attacker, but if the opponent has two or more of Swellow, Chops, Tauros, and Sawk, then Garb is really pressured and goes down easily. Tauros is especially problematic since it can eat a Sucker Punch or two. Quag is also supremely annoying aside from Leaf Storm on Shiftry. Mismagius and Haunter are also issues since everything on my team either hates being burned or taking a Hex/Shadow Ball, though they are fairly easy to revenge and force out. Any suggestions to improve this team are greatly appreciated, as I really like it and want it to be successful!
Hey so I actually really like this team, and I completely agree with you that it is very slow and has a tougher time against fast teams. I also don't like Misdreavus on this team, since its a complete momentum killer on the fast offensive team you have right now. The best way to fix this imo would be changing Misdreavus for Mismagius. If you use the stallbreaker set, you have Hex / Wisp / Taunt / Pain Split, which is the same roll that Misdreavus is playing except it is a lot faster, and does a better job at revenging. You can even try out Thunder Wave over Pain Split on that Mismagius set, since on your team it isn't as pressured to switch into spinners multiple times, since you have ways to revenge them with the rest of the members on your team. Another potential change you can go with in order to keep up the offensive presure of this team, while being able to abuse Toxic Spikes better would be Kangaskhan over Hariyama. For this team I feel both the AV and Silk Scarf sets are possible options, but I will leave that up to you. Kanga provides something much better to abuse Toxic Spikes with due to its stronger fake outs, as well as providing something that is a lot faster than Yama.

Hopefully these changes work out for you, as it creates a much more offensive / faster team like it seems you were aiming for when you started making this team.

Hello peeps, are you also one of the people that wanted to try out stall but have no clue where to start when building because you can't find a decent up-to-date example team? Then I have some good news for you because here I am, with a somewhat decent team that should be able to stall out a match 'till the end of times or 'till your opponent finally finds out that all resistance is hopeless and he/she should just roll over and give up on mons.

First mon on the team is Weezing. A solid fighting resist, able to set up toxic spikes and it's also the only mon on the team that can deal with opposing Ferroseed unless you decide to give up on Heal Bell and run Fire Blast on Audino for some weird reason.
A Ferroseed of my own can deal with a lot of special attackers, use Leech Seed and Spike support and scout with Protect. Not much to say about this one.
Carracosta is the main fire and flying resist of the team and is able to round up the hazard core with Stealth Rock. Rock-solid mon!
Mega-Audino+Quagsire was one of the main reasons I wanted to try a stall team since it looks so damn annoying to face. I wanted to try Curse Quag over toxic because reasons.
Cryo was added lastly as a bulky spinner. I don't really like Claydol all that much on this team and since Cryo has acces to Recover...
Sets can be found in the link below!

When playing this team keep 2 things in mind. You have to play very carefully around Magmortar Because it can pretty much break every mon on the team with the appropriate move. Cm Xatu with Giga Drain and Psyshock also runs through with nothing on the team being able to deal with it.

Importable: http://pastebin.com/ezsjpkP5

This is my first serious attempt at a stall team so if I made any horrible mistakes outside the Mortar/Xatu weaknesses, let me know pls :3

Tennis might have suggested the weezing+Ferro+Costa core to me when I asked the NU chat about building a stall team.
Hey so I'm not the biggest Stall User at all, but from what I can tell this team is pretty solid just by looking at what it covers. So first the small changes: Cryo from Leftovers -> Safety Goggles, this may seem like a small change, but it can actually be pretty big once you start using it. This specific change allows you to actually check Vivilion and Lilligant, because other wise they can just put you to sleep without being able to Haze their stats away.

So now onto your threatlist: Magmortar isn't actually /that/ big of a threat to your team tbh, since
252+ SpA Life Orb Magmortar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Audino: 153-181 (37.3 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO Mega Audino can just stall it out of Fire Blasts using Wish + Protect, and since Fire Blast only has 8 PP that shouldn't be that worrying. For CM Giga Drain Xatu, I would change Carracosta for Physically Defensive Cradily. While it does give you a Fire Neutraiity instead of a resistance, Carracosta is a really bad Fire Check anyway due to its sucessibltility on the Special Side, and the coverage moves all Fire Types have to hit it (HP Grass, Thunderbolt, Focus Blast). If you use Rock Slide / Recover / Stealth Rock / Giga Drain, you have another way to recover HP so you're team isn't as dependent on Mega Audino. Hopefully you like the changes, and good luck with the team n_n

Torterra @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 112 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Heavy Slam
- Fake Out

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Spiky Shield

Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
Rash Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Pain Split

Now you look at this team, and say: "lolbro, you are fucking retarded, why are you using special torterra?" The answer is, why the fuck not? I was bored and wanted a cool thing to build around, torterra gets a cool special movepool and can bop shit like garbodor when they predict a wood hammer. Next I paired it with a decent fire type check. And a mon to blow away Special walls; Hariyama and Rhydon. SD Rhydon is fucking broken, even if it is slow, it ohko's so many walls even being jolly, and it's coverage makes for spectacularly flashy plays. Hari is on the team as a general status absorber and a decent fire check. The ev spread does shit n stuff. I looked at the team and was like; "shit, i lose to water types!" So i threw on a water absorb mon who could also bop sr users and get residual on annoying ass voltturn cores, mainly the 'turn' half. Now that I had a solid core, i found i needed a wallbreaker on the special side, refrigerate aurorus fit the bill. It's strong, nichze coverage and kinda-sorta-maybe-not-at-all fast. Stone edge is to bop mortar n shit, because fuck earth power doing to av mortar, it also bops cryogonal I guess. Weezing is the final slot as it is a fighting check thingy, so yeah. Without I got 6-0'd by sawk, with it, i get 5-0'd. KEK i cant even bb code LOL
Ok first of all, your reasoning for using Special Torterra is really silly, since Garbodor is hit by Earthquake anyway ._.

Well onto the actual team, you have a big problem with anything faster than like base 58 (Aurorus) This becomes a problem against pokemon like Archeops, Floatzel, Swellow, etc. can just come in and get a kill then switch out and do it again on another turn. So the change I would reccomend would be Floatzel over Aurorus. This leaves you with a Strong Special Attacker like you wanted, but it also gives you a way to revenge these fast mons like Tauros / Archeops, which can cause big problems to your team. I would also make Rhydon Rock Polish over Swords Dance as SD Rhydon isn't that great of a set since you are outsped by basically everything, and die to most special hits. If you want to keep SD, at least go Rock Polish over Megahorn, as it gives you a much better win condition.

Also please throw Stealth Rock on at least one member of the team, as not having Stealth Rock is just silly especially with 3 pokemon on your team that can get it. I would reccomend going Stealth Rock over Giga Drain on Torterra, since I don't think Torterra is meant to stay around that long, and Leaf Storm is just way better than Giga Drain in terms of Nuking Capabilities.
Ill drop 2 straight teams, fine by me.

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Giga Drain

Regirock @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 56 Atk / 16 Def / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave
- Drain Punch

Gourgeist-Super @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Pyroar @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
EVs: 24 HP / 224 Atk / 176 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

Mantine @ Chesto Berry
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Defog
- Rest

So one night I hit up Sweet Jesus to build a team. He agreed stating he isn't the best person to partner build with i disagree. I asked him if he had any mons to build around, he said viv. I was liek, wynaut, lesdoeeeeet. Standard Viv set if you aren't lead endeavor. Regi+Gourg checks most of the tier, especially with their respective berries. This is a cool Pyroar set, dodging twaves, spreading burn. Skuntank was added here as a simple CM Psycheck (ha, c what i did there?) with strong priority, it also pursuit traps ghosts who could stop pyroar from spamming hvoice. Mantine was added last as an auxiliary fire check, don check, and fighting check. It also gave us defog support so viv didn't lose half from stealth cocks. Oh yeah, this team also has cool berry spam. Not much else to say, pretty straightforward team based around getting rid of viv's C&Cs so it can sweep easily.
Hey so this team seems a lot more solid than the previous one, but there are just a few small changes I would make in order to optimize the team. Giga Drain -> Energy Ball on Vivillon. The reason for this change is that Giga Drain is incredibly weak on Vivillon, and it can't even 2HKO Lanturn. You also don't really ever need the recovery Giga Drain provides, and Energy Ball's power is just to much to pass up on. The other small change I would recommend would be Leftovers -> Flame Plate on Pyroar. This change allows you to have much stronger Fire Blasts, while also allowing you to bluff Choice Specs which can be really useful. Leftovers may seem really nice at first in order to give you HP Back in order to make subs, but realistically Pyroar isn't going to be getting 4+ turns of Leftovers recovery in order to make more subs, and would much rather just be attacking during those turns anyway. Either than that the rest of this team seems pretty solid and good luck with it in the future.

Settle Down (Vivillon) @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Energy Ball
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder

Tired of Running (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes

Murderous Rythm (Pyroar) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute

Peace of Mind (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 208 HP / 48 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Holy Water (Kabutops) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Lights Shut Off (Rotom) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

This team was built around Vivillon, a very underrated sweeper in the current meta. The team support for Vivillon is pretty simple: have a Kangaskhan counter, and have something to wear down Magmortar and Lanturn. Once those pokemon get widdled Vivillon usually has a good chance of sweeping. Ferroseed is the Kangaskhan counter, an aqua jet switch in, and a spiker which are all of which Vivillon loves. What is a pokemon that Lanturn and Magmortar switch into quite easily? Pyroar! Pyroar of-course was added because it can wear down Vivillon's C&C while also checking Mismagius and Rotom which Mesprit struggles with. I needed a rocker, so I chose Mesprit. Mesprit is really cool with a Colbur berry because it lures Shiftry and bops it with a U-Turn, and rotom is great late-game when Shiftry is absent. Mesprit is also my fighting check which i wanted an extra fighting check since Vivillon doesn't really want to switch into any coverage moves that fighting types tend to carry and Vivillon can't even revenge Gurdurr without losing 50% of its health after rocks. Speaking of rocks, i needed a way of spinning them away. Since I'm running spike-stack i chose a spinner rather than a defogger. Kabutops was chosen for its 4x resistance to fire which was needed because of pretty much my whole team gives Magmortar free switch-ins, which is the main reason i chose it over Claydol even though the Electric Immunity is nice when teambuilding with Vivillon. Finally, I got Scarf Rotom in the back. The reason i chose scarf was because i was rather weak to Archeops and Musharna, and my team lacked immediate speed. Tricking Musharna a scarf is usually the key to victory. You can also trick Lanturn which makes it easier to manage without its leftovers.

Girls, Girls, Girls

R-E-S-P-E-C-T me (Xatu) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 224 HP / 96 Def / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Signal Beam / Giga Drain

I love (Jynx) @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Lovely Kiss

call me cabron (Regirock) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

my heart (Audino) (F) @ Audinite
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast / Psychic
- Thunder Wave / Grass Knot
- Calm Mind

I do adore (Mesprit) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

model chick (Lilligant) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance

This team is setup spam and it works pretty well. Something cool I've found with this team is that alot of the moves are interchangeable. You could run HP Fire on lilligant and then Psychic on Audino as an alternative to mess w/ your opponent if they know this team. Xatu prevents hazards and carries the rocky helmet to wear down Ferroseed and Skuntank. The reason I'm running HP Ground on Lilligant is because Xatu already walls Ferroseed and HP Ground hits Skuntank and Garbodor, pokemon that Mega Audino hates. Regirock is my fire resist, normal resist, and flying resist, it holds the team together with its resistances. I chose Earthquake on Regirock solely because of Klinklang, i want to avoid having things that Klinklang can setup on if I can because this team is rather weak to it. Protect is great on Regirock because i can get lefties back and scout which move choiced Sawk is going for since i have a way of switching in to all of it's moves. Jynx is mono-attacking shoutout to the BW2 days, this thing is awesome in this sucker punch infested meta. This team naturally wears down ice resistant pokemon like Magmortar and I always have ways of checking Lanturn with Lilligant or i can switch normal Audino into volt switch then switch out immediately and get my health back with regenerator. I chose jolly nature on Mesprit for outspeeding +2 Rhydon which is also a threat to this team, which is why i slashed Grass Knot on Mega Audino.

So I actually really like this team, as you do an amazing job of supporting Vivillon and manage to fit in some cool sets as well. So first of all, the small changes. Life Orb -> Flame Plate on Pyroar. This change is nice because Pyroar gets worn down really quickly between Sub, LO, and Hazards, so even removing the tiniest bit of residual damage helps in the long run. This also allows you to bluff Specs / Scarf, which can be useful to dodge sucker's and the like.

Onto the bigger changes, and the biggest threat to this team would probably be the lack of Skuntank checks, since it can Taunt / Sucker / Pursuit almost the entirety of your team while also having a Lum Berry to fuck with Vivillon. Also I don't think you have that great of a weakness to Archeops since you have Jet from Kabutops to Revenge Kill them anyway. That being said I think the best way for you to go would be Double Dance Rhydon over Rotom. This set allows you to check Skuntank's, while also being able to beat Musharna by Swords Dancing alongside the Barrier's and then beating it 1 on 1. Either than that I really like the team, so good luck n_n

Girls, Girls, Girls

Once again this team looks amazing, with a lot of cool and underrated sets. The biggest problem I see with this team is the amount of Pressure and Roles Regirock fills on this team, and most of the team it will be difficult for it to do all these tasks well. That is why I would change it from Leftovers + Protect -> Chesto Berry + Rest. This gives Regirock a second life in order to check the Fire Types, Normal Types, and Flying Types all in the same game while still getting up rocks. You can also try out Drain Punch > Earthquake, mainly for Shiftry but I'm not sure how comfortable I feel with recommending that since Klinklang might be a bit scarier (not sure on Drain Punch calcs)

Samurott @ Splash Plat/Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance

Combusken @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Baton Pass

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse/Knock Off
- Extrasensory

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes/Seed Bomb
- Spikes

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Ability: No Guard
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge/Shadow Punch
- Stealth Rock

Archeops
Jolly/Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail/Heat Wave/U-turn
- Roost

So I was trying to build a Combusken pass team and wanted some pointers after playing a decent amount of matches and being more of a balance builder/player. I decided to go with a core thats been mentioned before along side combusken and that is SD Samurott. This monster can setup on alot of the Meta and appreciates speed passes from combusken along with good offensive synergy as well. However, bulky waters gave trouble to this core. I then decided to add shiftry as a lure for Samurott as well as a potential Speed pass recepitient. I made him special to help lure Samurott checks such as bulky mons like Gurdurr/Vileplume/Weezing who wont appreciate the combination of Dark Pulse/Extrasensory. He also gives me more priority and a soft water/elec/psychic check. I am open to changing to a physical set with either Explosion/SD if that fits the team better. Next I wanted a fightning check and spikes stacking to help one of my first 3 offensive mons potentially sweep lategame. I went with Garbodor. I have Seed Bomb slashed with Toxic Spikes to help weaken Quag/Rhydon who are big threats to my team and another lure for Samurott. He also punishes priority users who threaten my frail sweepers. Next I needed a 2nd fighting check, normal check, SR and a Spin Blocker. I choose GOlurk because he is also a potential unexpected Speed Pass Recipient and his DP antics can sometimes come in clutch. I have seen Stone Edge run over Shadow Punch for Bulky flyings such as Scyther/Rotom-Fan/Pelipper (who walls my entire team basically!) so I am undecided on it. Colbur helps vs Knock Offs from things like Sawk/SandSlash. Finally I wanted another fire/normal check and ground immunity and a fast revenge killer for when I cant BP boosts. I choose Archeops because it is so good in this meta at the moment and because it can serve as a Volt-Turn core with Combusken with U-turn, can taunt set up/mons or defoggers trying to remove my hazards or a Rhydon/Ferro Lure depending on my choice. I would appreciate any feedback as I am questing into uncertain waters. Thanks on anyones input!
Hey this seems like a really nice take on Combusken Offense, which is a great playstyle in NU at the moment. So for some smaller changes, I would make Shiftry's EVs Max Attack instead of Max Special Attack, and always run Knock Off over Dark Pulse. This is because Extrasensorry still gets the relevent kills it needs to without any Special Attack Investment, and Leaf Storm hits hard with or without it, but Sucker Punch and Knock Off both really want the attack investment in order to get relevant kills.

For the bigger changes, your team actually doesn't have that many glaring issues, as you have checks for nearly everything, and the amount of priority you pack allows you to revenge kill the faster threats that are usually threatening to teams like yours. That being said, you can have potential problems with Vivillon, as it can put something to sleep then QD up and spam Hurricane and win like that. In order to counter this, I would change out Archeops for Zebstrika. While this does remove your second Normal Resist, I don't think you will miss it that much especially due to the offensive nature of this team, and something in Zebstrika's Speed Tier helps a lot anyway. With Sap Sipper it can effectively stop Vivillon and its speed tier allows it to outspeed Floatzel as well, another huge threat to your team. Either than that your team seems like really nice offense which is always really strong in NU, so good luck in the future n_n
/

Version 1
Shiftry @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade

Carracosta @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Shell Smash
- Superpower

Scyther @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Sandslash @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Explosion
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam

Combusken @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Baton Pass
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Version 2
Shiftry @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Defog
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm

Carracosta @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 92 Def
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Scyther @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Explosion
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam

Combusken @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Baton Pass
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Protect

This team started when I wanted to have some fun building around octillery. But after getting to like 1400 on the ladder I decided to swap it out for shiftry and make it a "serious" team. To the teambuilding process: after octillery, I decided to use one of my favourite mons atm, explosion vanilluxe, when paired with combusken it can remove its checks and counters (lanturn, av mortar, etc.) allowing KFC to sweep, and in return 'busken can pass speed boosts to the rest of the team, mainly to sd shiftry and mixed vanilluxe (I opted for an offensive variant with lo instead of evio because it really needs the power, otherwise it feels... kinda weak.

I added a stealth rock user since it's obligatory in every competitive team, I opted for rocky helmet sandslash because it also provided a klinklang check and also a soft archeops check (not a hard check since I don't have a way to hit cheops for decent damage), and then I added sub sd scyther as a fighting check and megadino check, it's also a cool wincon. The lack of bug coverage means you'll probably have a worse matchup against malamar, but you should be able to beat it if you play around it with your two strong special attackers and rhelmet damage on slash (also iirc you have a chance of beating malamar 1v1 with sub sd scyther, not sure though).

As I said I removed octillery to bring sd shifty, which gave me a rotom check and a wincon that beats lanturn, or at least weakens it for busken and scyther. Smash costa works as a normal/fire resist and another wincon, it can also check flying types (to give sandslash some breathing room). The lack of a water resist that doesn't mind getting scald burned really hurts sometimes, but I guess it's ok.

There's another variant of this team that includes swapping out sandslash for standard garbodor to help with megadino, sd shiftry for mixed defog (since you need hazard control for scyther), ss costa to offensive stealth rocks costa (you lost your rocker) and sub sd scyther to standard sd u-turn (for a better matchup against malamar).
So I'm going to just rate the first Version of the team since that is the one you seem to be more comfortable with, but if you want me to look over the other one just let me know. So first onto the small changes, Sandlash's Spread to 248 HP / 196 Atk / 56 Spe with an Adamant Nature and an Earth Plate what this does is keeps up offensive pressure for your team, and it still allows it to do its job perfectly fine. On this team it is much more important than having a defensive pivot to switch into. Either than that I think this team is actually pretty good, though I would still recommend a normal Scyther spread to keep up the offensive momentum on this team.
I'll also throw down a fun team because I've gotten as much use out of it as I think I'll get.

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Frost Breath
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

I wanted to fit ice cream in a core because it's pathetically easy to do that nowadays. Vanilluxe plus Samurott was what I decided on. Ice cream crushes defensive answers to Samu, namely Lanturn, Quagsire, and Pelipper. Samurott is just an extremely consistent sweeper right now and a strong wallbreaker supporting it is invaluable. From there I chose Jumpluff because Vanilluxe pressures some of Jumpluff's common switch-ins, such as Pilo, Garbodor, Weezing, and other stuff gets smacked by Samu. Ferroseed is a bitch for all three, but it's usually worn down because of its lack of reliable recovery. I chose Kanga because I hate Vivillon and I hate being outsped when I'm running offense. Hitmonchan was a soft rocks cleaner and the extra priority was appreciated. Defensvie Mes was my final member because I still needed Rocks, an actual Close Combat switch in, and Healing Wish is obviously cool on offense.

Overall I think the team's pretty solid. It's pretty easy to keep rocks on the field because of how the team naturally pressures hazard control. Although I have had problems with opposing Scyther and careful playing from opps, but that kind of match isn't unwinnable either.
Hey I really like this team, as Vanilluxe is a really underrated wallbreaker imo. So onto the team, I feel that running Sandslash over Hitmonchan gives you a lot of things that you are looking for on this team. While it does take away the Priority, I don't think you will miss it that much tbh. Doing this you are free to run rocks on Sandslash which gives you a free slot for your last mon. Here is where I would reccomend keeping on Offensive Pivot Mega Audino. This is a really underrated set, that does a great job at luring in common checks to Jumpluff / Samurott. The set would be Fire Blast / Dazzling Gleam / Psychic / Healing Wish with Max Special Attack and 96 Speed with the rest in HP (you can optimize the spread to what you want tbh). Overall really nice team that shows the offensive capabilities of Vanilluxe n_n

Hopefully this helps some of you out, and gets more people to post in this thread n_n. I'll try and keep up the activity for the teams posted in the future so the thread doesn't fall that far behind.

Hey so I actually really like this team, and I completely agree with you that it is very slow and has a tougher time against fast teams. I also don't like Misdreavus on this team, since its a complete momentum killer on the fast offensive team you have right now. The best way to fix this imo would be changing Misdreavus for Mismagius. If you use the stallbreaker set, you have Hex / Wisp / Taunt / Pain Split, which is the same roll that Misdreavus is playing except it is a lot faster, and does a better job at revenging. You can even try out Thunder Wave over Pain Split on that Mismagius set, since on your team it isn't as pressured to switch into spinners multiple times, since you have ways to revenge them with the rest of the members on your team. Another potential change you can go with in order to keep up the offensive presure of this team, while being able to abuse Toxic Spikes better would be Kangaskhan over Hariyama. For this team I feel both the AV and Silk Scarf sets are possible options, but I will leave that up to you. Kanga provides something much better to abuse Toxic Spikes with due to its stronger fake outs, as well as providing something that is a lot faster than Yama.

Hopefully these changes work out for you, as it creates a much more offensive / faster team like it seems you were aiming for when you started making this team.
Hey so I'm not the biggest Stall User at all, but from what I can tell this team is pretty solid just by looking at what it covers. So first the small changes: Cryo from Leftovers -> Safety Goggles, this may seem like a small change, but it can actually be pretty big once you start using it. This specific change allows you to actually check Vivilion and Lilligant, because other wise they can just put you to sleep without being able to Haze their stats away.

So now onto your threatlist: Magmortar isn't actually /that/ big of a threat to your team tbh, since
252+ SpA Life Orb Magmortar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Audino: 153-181 (37.3 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO Mega Audino can just stall it out of Fire Blasts using Wish + Protect, and since Fire Blast only has 8 PP that shouldn't be that worrying. For CM Giga Drain Xatu, I would change Carracosta for Physically Defensive Cradily. While it does give you a Fire Neutraiity instead of a resistance, Carracosta is a really bad Fire Check anyway due to its sucessibltility on the Special Side, and the coverage moves all Fire Types have to hit it (HP Grass, Thunderbolt, Focus Blast). If you use Rock Slide / Recover / Stealth Rock / Giga Drain, you have another way to recover HP so you're team isn't as dependent on Mega Audino. Hopefully you like the changes, and good luck with the team n_nOk first of all, your reasoning for using Special Torterra is really silly, since Garbodor is hit by Earthquake anyway ._.

Well onto the actual team, you have a big problem with anything faster than like base 58 (Aurorus) This becomes a problem against pokemon like Archeops, Floatzel, Swellow, etc. can just come in and get a kill then switch out and do it again on another turn. So the change I would reccomend would be Floatzel over Aurorus. This leaves you with a Strong Special Attacker like you wanted, but it also gives you a way to revenge these fast mons like Tauros / Archeops, which can cause big problems to your team. I would also make Rhydon Rock Polish over Swords Dance as SD Rhydon isn't that great of a set since you are outsped by basically everything, and die to most special hits. If you want to keep SD, at least go Rock Polish over Megahorn, as it gives you a much better win condition.

Also please throw Stealth Rock on at least one member of the team, as not having Stealth Rock is just silly especially with 3 pokemon on your team that can get it. I would reccomend going Stealth Rock over Giga Drain on Torterra, since I don't think Torterra is meant to stay around that long, and Leaf Storm is just way better than Giga Drain in terms of Nuking Capabilities.

Hey so this team seems a lot more solid than the previous one, but there are just a few small changes I would make in order to optimize the team. Giga Drain -> Energy Ball on Vivillon. The reason for this change is that Giga Drain is incredibly weak on Vivillon, and it can't even 2HKO Lanturn. You also don't really ever need the recovery Giga Drain provides, and Energy Ball's power is just to much to pass up on. The other small change I would recommend would be Leftovers -> Flame Plate on Pyroar. This change allows you to have much stronger Fire Blasts, while also allowing you to bluff Choice Specs which can be really useful. Leftovers may seem really nice at first in order to give you HP Back in order to make subs, but realistically Pyroar isn't going to be getting 4+ turns of Leftovers recovery in order to make more subs, and would much rather just be attacking during those turns anyway. Either than that the rest of this team seems pretty solid and good luck with it in the future.

So I actually really like this team, as you do an amazing job of supporting Vivillon and manage to fit in some cool sets as well. So first of all, the small changes. Life Orb -> Flame Plate on Pyroar. This change is nice because Pyroar gets worn down really quickly between Sub, LO, and Hazards, so even removing the tiniest bit of residual damage helps in the long run. This also allows you to bluff Specs / Scarf, which can be useful to dodge sucker's and the like.

Onto the bigger changes, and the biggest threat to this team would probably be the lack of Skuntank checks, since it can Taunt / Sucker / Pursuit almost the entirety of your team while also having a Lum Berry to fuck with Vivillon. Also I don't think you have that great of a weakness to Archeops since you have Jet from Kabutops to Revenge Kill them anyway. That being said I think the best way for you to go would be Double Dance Rhydon over Rotom. This set allows you to check Skuntank's, while also being able to beat Musharna by Swords Dancing alongside the Barrier's and then beating it 1 on 1. Either than that I really like the team, so good luck n_n

Girls, Girls, Girls

Once again this team looks amazing, with a lot of cool and underrated sets. The biggest problem I see with this team is the amount of Pressure and Roles Regirock fills on this team, and most of the team it will be difficult for it to do all these tasks well. That is why I would change it from Leftovers + Protect -> Chesto Berry + Rest. This gives Regirock a second life in order to check the Fire Types, Normal Types, and Flying Types all in the same game while still getting up rocks. You can also try out Drain Punch > Earthquake, mainly for Shiftry but I'm not sure how comfortable I feel with recommending that since Klinklang might be a bit scarier (not sure on Drain Punch calcs)

Hey this seems like a really nice take on Combusken Offense, which is a great playstyle in NU at the moment. So for some smaller changes, I would make Shiftry's EVs Max Attack instead of Max Special Attack, and always run Knock Off over Dark Pulse. This is because Extrasensorry still gets the relevent kills it needs to without any Special Attack Investment, and Leaf Storm hits hard with or without it, but Sucker Punch and Knock Off both really want the attack investment in order to get relevant kills.

For the bigger changes, your team actually doesn't have that many glaring issues, as you have checks for nearly everything, and the amount of priority you pack allows you to revenge kill the faster threats that are usually threatening to teams like yours. That being said, you can have potential problems with Vivillon, as it can put something to sleep then QD up and spam Hurricane and win like that. In order to counter this, I would change out Archeops for Zebstrika. While this does remove your second Normal Resist, I don't think you will miss it that much especially due to the offensive nature of this team, and something in Zebstrika's Speed Tier helps a lot anyway. With Sap Sipper it can effectively stop Vivillon and its speed tier allows it to outspeed Floatzel as well, another huge threat to your team. Either than that your team seems like really nice offense which is always really strong in NU, so good luck in the future n_n

So I'm going to just rate the first Version of the team since that is the one you seem to be more comfortable with, but if you want me to look over the other one just let me know. So first onto the small changes, Sandlash's Spread to 248 HP / 196 Atk / 56 Spe with an Adamant Nature and an Earth Plate what this does is keeps up offensive pressure for your team, and it still allows it to do its job perfectly fine. On this team it is much more important than having a defensive pivot to switch into. Either than that I think this team is actually pretty good, though I would still recommend a normal Scyther spread to keep up the offensive momentum on this team.

Hey I really like this team, as Vanilluxe is a really underrated wallbreaker imo. So onto the team, I feel that running Sandslash over Hitmonchan gives you a lot of things that you are looking for on this team. While it does take away the Priority, I don't think you will miss it that much tbh. Doing this you are free to run rocks on Sandslash which gives you a free slot for your last mon. Here is where I would reccomend keeping on Offensive Pivot Mega Audino. This is a really underrated set, that does a great job at luring in common checks to Jumpluff / Samurott. The set would be Fire Blast / Dazzling Gleam / Psychic / Healing Wish with Max Special Attack and 96 Speed with the rest in HP (you can optimize the spread to what you want tbh). Overall really nice team that shows the offensive capabilities of Vanilluxe n_n

Hopefully this helps some of you out, and gets more people to post in this thread n_n. I'll try and keep up the activity for the teams posted in the future so the thread doesn't fall that far behind.
Thanks alot man! Appreciate the positive feedback and the helpful comments. You didn't suggest super drastic changes but you drew my attention to some underrated threats from the B ranks that people are sleeping on being Floatzel and Vivillion. I feel more comfortable building offence teams now even though Im still not used to the fast paced nature of it and how quickly you have to sack mons sometimes. Appreciate it!

Trying another take at team building with an interesting mon I saw Brawlfest post in the Creative Sets Thread.

I was messing around with Gabite and the only experience I've with him before is as the most common SR user in the FU tier back around Febuarary. However, that role here is outclassed by multiple bulky ground/rock mons who can play that role much more effectively. So I decided to take advantage of his trolly speed tier to utilize a choice banded set. Outrage and Earthquake are necessary since they are powerful stabs and nuke anything on offence teams that are slower and aren't incredibly bulky such as Musharna, Vileplume,etc. I went with Fire Blast to get some good damage on Ferro switching in. The last move I wasn't too sure as to Stone Edge for bulky flyings like Evio Scyther/Rotom-Fan/Pelipper or Toxic to cripple walls like Quag/Mush who want to switch in. Rough skin also deters priority spam since alot of my mons are pretty frail. I then decided to pair him with NP Ninetales, another underrated threat I wanted to try out since it has been getting hype lately. Pretty standard set to hit bulky waters with energy ball and psyshock to hit special walls like AV mortar/Yama. Gabite paired well with her because he could help get rid of bulky special walls/rocks/grounds that might give Ninetales trouble. To give me speed and to fruther support Ninetales I added Floatzel. His speed tier helps revenge threats like Archeops/Tauros that could give my team problems. The last move I was unsure of. Baton Pass helps bring in Ninetales or Gabite safely and forms a volt-turn core with my next few mons but Taunt could help prevent setup/defogs. Maybe someone could suggest the superior option? I needed a fighting switchin at this point, more momentum and just a general good glue mon on offensive teams. Mesprit is running speed to outrun Adamant Sawk even though Jolly is getting more common. Thunderbolt was chosen after the standard U-turn/SR/Psychic to hit Xatu and Bulky waters like Samurott who could threaten my team, however I am wondering if Healing Wish would be more useful. Next I wanted some much needed priority and hazard support to prevent Floatzel/Ninetales getting worn down too much. I find that Hitmonchan is the best spinner at the moment but If someone has so better suggestions Im all ears. I went with LO for power since you need it for the 2hko on Defensive rotom and Missy trying to spinblock you. I dont really know what Hitmonchan needs to outspeed since his speed tier is so awkward that I went with Max. Lastly, I seemed pretty weak to CM setup mons and Malamar (especially that cancerous COmbusken/malamar core running around).Eviolite Scyther helps to round off the volt turn core with the other 2 members and give me a 2nd wincon/fightning check. I also wanted to take advantage of Chan's Rapid Spin. Anyways Im still not very used to offence builds being a more balanced player so any suggestions are welcome no matter how drastic. I dont have a dedicated normal switchin but I have Chan/Floatzel to pressure them. Anyways appreciate any feedback!

edit: Just reliazed im super weak to flyers rip XD. Maybe I should run Sap sipper Zebstrika to keep the speed tier and to help deal with things like scyther/viv? And maybe run av chan to help deal with Boomburst swellow?

Gabite @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Ninetales @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Baton Pass

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock

Hitmonchan (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Scyther @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Last edited:

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Trying another take at team building with an interesting mon I saw Brawlfest post in the Creative Sets Thread.

I was messing around with Gabite and the only experience I've with him before is as the most common SR user in the FU tier back around Febuarary. However, that role here is outclassed by multiple bulky ground/rock mons who can play that role much more effectively. So I decided to take advantage of his trolly speed tier to utilize a choice banded set. Outrage and Earthquake are necessary since they are powerful stabs and nuke anything on offence teams that are slower and aren't incredibly bulky such as Musharna, Vileplume,etc. I went with Fire Blast to get some good damage on Ferro switching in. The last move I wasn't too sure as to Stone Edge for bulky flyings like Evio Scyther/Rotom-Fan/Pelipper or Toxic to cripple walls like Quag/Mush who want to switch in. Rough skin also deters priority spam since alot of my mons are pretty frail. I then decided to pair him with NP Ninetales, another underrated threat I wanted to try out since it has been getting hype lately. Pretty standard set to hit bulky waters with energy ball and psyshock to hit special walls like AV mortar/Yama. Gabite paired well with her because he could help get rid of bulky special walls/rocks/grounds that might give Ninetales trouble. To give me speed and to fruther support Ninetales I added Floatzel. His speed tier helps revenge threats like Archeops/Tauros that could give my team problems. The last move I was unsure of. Baton Pass helps bring in Ninetales or Gabite safely and forms a volt-turn core with my next few mons but Taunt could help prevent setup/defogs. Maybe someone could suggest the superior option? I needed a fighting switchin at this point, more momentum and just a general good glue mon on offensive teams. Mesprit is running speed to outrun Adamant Sawk even though Jolly is getting more common. Thunderbolt was chosen after the standard U-turn/SR/Psychic to hit Xatu and Bulky waters like Samurott who could threaten my team, however I am wondering if Healing Wish would be more useful. Next I wanted some much needed priority and hazard support to prevent Floatzel/Ninetales getting worn down too much. I find that Hitmonchan is the best spinner at the moment but If someone has so better suggestions Im all ears. I went with LO for power since you need it for the 2hko on Defensive rotom and Missy trying to spinblock you. I dont really know what Hitmonchan needs to outspeed since his speed tier is so awkward that I went with Max. Lastly, I seemed pretty weak to CM setup mons and Malamar (especially that cancerous COmbusken/malamar core running around).Eviolite Scyther helps to round off the volt turn core with the other 2 members and give me a 2nd wincon/fightning check. I also wanted to take advantage of Chan's Rapid Spin. Anyways Im still not very used to offence builds being a more balanced player so any suggestions are welcome no matter how drastic. I dont have a dedicated normal switchin but I have Chan/Floatzel to pressure them. Anyways appreciate any feedback!

edit: Just reliazed im super weak to flyers rip XD. Maybe I should run Sap sipper Zebstrika to keep the speed tier and to help deal with things like scyther/viv? And maybe run av chan to help deal with Boomburst swellow?

Gabite @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Ninetales @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Baton Pass

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock

Hitmonchan (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Scyther @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance
- Roost
I havent built in nu in months, but team looks super weak to both swellow sets and scyther; youd want something that can take 2 hits or revenge. Maybe something like aurorus as your stealth rocker would be cool, as even though its slower than sawk, like the rest of your team handles sawk anyways. And maybe defog shiftry over chan to deal with bulky waters and ghosts because with ninetales and scyther you really dont want to rely on chan being shut down by rotom and having rocks on your side of the field.
Edit: After testing you could swap shiftry for claydol or xatu if you dont want to accept the fact you dont have a switchin for chan lol. I like the offensive pressure of shiftry. And max hp is prob better on scyther than max attack so you can take a +1 knock off after stealth rocks if you encounter combusken+max attack malamar combo

Last edited:

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Mantine @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Protect
- Toxic

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Flame Charge

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower

Sandslash @ Earth Plate
Adamant Nature
- Sandstorm
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

bringing this project back to life because I really like the idea of it

this is a team I've laddered maybe 10-15 games with today that I think is pretty solid. Can-Eh-Dian was talking about how Mantine is good and I couldn't tell him it wasn't because I haven't used it so I made a squad with it. ProTox is the only set really worth using on Mantine imo, so I just took it from there. Pilo is an all around great partner for Mantine because it blocks Electric attacks, destroys Ice-types, sets up rocks, and it appreciates Mantine's ability to switch into Water- and sometimes Fight-type attacks for it. Flame Charge Mag is a Cool Cleaner and switches in well to plume and lilli, which were mild nuisances for the starting core. I picked swellow cause it shits on offense. There really wasn't any other reason. I needed a Fighting resist and a Malamar check so I tossed on Taunt Weezing. From there I wanted something that could shit on Garb, soft check Rhydon, and also work as a cleaner, so I settled on Sandstorm Sandslash, which I think is a very underrated set.

I haven't found any outstanding issues with the squad, but I really do hate Mantine because I think it's mostly worthless. It's ok in the right matchups, but it really struggles to find switch-in opportunities when your opp doesn't have a Water-type. If I had any idea on how to make the squad more optimal, I would go with Roselia > Mantine and then Claydol > Sandslash, but I have not tried the team in that iteration. try it out for yourselves and lmk what you guys think :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)