New Pokémon silhouette leak (maybe Zygarde form?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
in pokemon uranium (fan game) there is a legendary pokemon called the sakimater (or somthing like that) that is actually a evolution of the three main bugs of the reigon. So i have a feeling those tiny green things may be a pre evo to zygarde. but thats just my theory. and if you're one of those people who thought that green blob was a mini duskul, no... its a baby larvitar...

those pics pikachu of the giant zygarde remind me of diglett. you cant see the bottom...

MOD EDIT: Please do not double post.
Well as pointed out before its not unheard of for a Legendary to breed and produce a "prevo", but the example of this (Manaphy and Phione) doesn't have the prevo able to evolve (and its in all the IV games). Hmm, I don't know if this has been brought up, but maybe the way for Zygarde to Mega Evolve you need to have the LGG in your party. GF seems to be experimenting with having ways for Pokemon to Mega Evolve, Mega Rayquaza does so by needing to know a certain move. What if Zygarde does this but instead of it being restricted in some way its the trainer?

And the reason the giant one is missing its bottom is probably because the only image of the Giant Silhouette is also missing its bottom as its a shot of its upper body.

I actually realized something, since we've had all the "Primal Reversion" talk in ORAS...Could the big guy be Zygarde's answer to that? I personally think that the new game will be "Pokemon Zeta" ("Z" motif of Zygarde and the Greek letter bit from ORAS) and this is (obv) the version mascot. I mean hey, we've already said it's Yggdrasil...

And if it is Yggdrasil...could the LGG be the "seed" of the tree? (since there doesn't appear to be an Ymir counterpart...)
I think it'll just be called Z, why give it a Greek letter now when X and Y were just a single letter? They get fancy with the Z or maybe add another thing to it (like maybe 2Z, since visually 2 and Z look alike (as the Porygon family had pointed out previously), 2 references its a sequel/updated version and Z since its about Zygarde, and 2Z could also mean "two Z-named Pokemon" as in Zygarde and the LGG who, if its related to Zygarde, would probably have a name that starts with Z). However eitherway the Z will be by itself since XY were by themselves.

And good idea with LGG maybe being based on a seed/sprout! Though I don't know what Ymir has to do with it, from what I could find he has nothing to do with Yggdrasil.

I think it'll just be called Z, why give it a Greek letter now when X and Y were just a single letter?
Because if GF is tying these games together with Hoenn, it would be an easy way to hint at that. I'm pretty sure GF hinted at trying to increase connectivity between their stories or something in a past interview.

I personally don't think LGG will be an obtainable pokemon. It'll feature during the story to be sure, but you won't actually be able to use it until the climax when it is revealed to be one of Zygarde's many pieces / components.

There's a theory floating around that I'm quite attracted to, regarding the theme of Zygarde as-observed through the news so far.

• We can see in the trailer that there are at least 5 LGGs. It's been speculated elsewhere that there are multiple LGGs because they band together in a Jogress-style evolution/form change into Zygarde. The first reason is that, if you closely watch Zygarde's attack animations for Thousand Waves and Thousand arrows, he disappears as little green hexagons become incorporated as part of the technique, the follow-up theory being that he splits into 1,000 LGGs (Each one has a red hexagon, pretend that each LGG is one hexagonal scale on Zygarde), quickly attacks the opponent, then reforms. Other people have extrapolated the notion that Zygarde can monitor the entire ecosystem through the help of LGGs overseeing different parts of the region and relaying information, either in-person or through a star network kind of mental connection (I like this part because Zygarde already makes me think of what a PC hard drive might look like in the future, wrapped up in an animalistic case that glows and flashes as it processes.)

• There're real-life organisms that are made of thousands of tiny animals, like what this theory suggests: Siphonophores. They're these large, tube-like colony animals you find in the ocean that reach about 40 feet long, and the individual animals, referred to technically as Zooids (Notice the "Z"), are held together by tissue (LGG's body looks to be a soft, gooey, tissue-like substance). To add on to the guess about Zygarde launching LGGs for his attacks, a zygote (notice the "zyg") comes from the greek for "joined", and has the genome necessary to make a new individual from a parent-body. This train of thought indicates that Zygarde and the LGGs are like the gooier version of Kangaskhan and her baby.
As for the potential titanic Mega form, Zygarde is kind of like the polar opposite of Rayquaza, if you think about it.

They're both green dragons that reside in a specific boundary (the lithosphere for Zygarde and the Mesosphere for Rayquaza) who are the mediator between a red Pokemon that has some relation to the end of life (Groudon, with his new Primal form and Desolate Land that hints toward being lethal enough to kill off living beings, and Yveltal, the Destruction Pokemon, both of which are also tied in to a unique boundary, being the Asthenosphere and the Stratosphere, respectively) and a blue Pokemon that's tied in to the creation of life (Kyogre, whose Primordial Sea ability alludes to the theory that life began in the ocean, and Xerneas, the Life Pokemon, who again are assigned a boundary, being the hydrosphere for the former and (arguably) the Troposphere for the latter).

-On a side note, I'm beginning to think they imbued the life/death theme into Groudon and Kyogre and then fleshed out the XY trio so they would have that parallelism between the two teams.-
Also, both Zyg and Rayq are making special-guest appearances in the Mega specials, so that's something.

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Hmmm... not sure if this is the right thread, but there's this "Flowers" thing going on.

The future of Pokémon may involve “flowers,” as we learned in an interview with The Pokémon Company International’s Director of Consumer Marketing J.C. Smith, at the 2015 Pokémon World Championships in Boston, Massachusetts this past weekend.

While discussing the future of the Pokémon, we asked Smith to offer us a cryptic tease of that future.

“And last but not least, can you just throw a cryptic word out there? Just anything. Something will get me to scratch my head. That, like, in eight months I’ll go, ‘That’s what he was talking about!’”

After a pause, Smith’s response was “Flowers.”
So, what do you think this "flowers" might refer to?
A place with lots of flowers?
Well, sometimes Paris is referred to as "capital of flowers" (sometimes Netherlands too), and Kalos is in France.
There's also this possibility of releasing Eternal Floette.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
The Ultimate Weapon does look like a flower I've noticed. Maybe it returns, or has new effects on the area around Geosenge?
It looks Identical to Az's Floette's flower, which is known to be different from other "modern" Floette's. The same flower can be seen infront of the Cave of Origin in Hoenn, under that massive tree.

This is a cool bit of info Cresselia~~ But let's not try and speculate too much from that. The time will come soon hopefully when we have more news and a proper thread where such speculation will be allowed.

And good idea with LGG maybe being based on a seed/sprout! Though I don't know what Ymir has to do with it, from what I could find he has nothing to do with Yggdrasil.
Last I checked (which was a while ago lol) Ymir, the first frost giant, was either fashioned into the Earth (a part of the tree) or the tree sprouted from his body (I've read accounts of both, don't go quoting me :pirate:...). TBH the whole "Zeta" thing was just my take on GF saying that they are trying to "not be predictable."

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Hmm, if "flower" was just referring to AZ's Floette that would be a bit of a boring revelation. Now I'm not saying it's not referring to it, what I'm saying is maybe there's more to AZ's Floette's flower then meets the eye. It seems to be a very special flower, we've only seen AZ's Floette have it and in front of the Cave of Origin on the base of the tree that AZ planted. And with the Ultimate Weapon resembling it that flower could very well hold significance to the story. It'll probably end up being the key to saving the day, its scarcity hints rarity and it could possible be an ancient species which is essentially extinct in most places and AZ's Floette would be needed since it'll be the only one in Kalos to have the flower (while everyone is predicting AZ's Floette being an Event, if it becomes story important it could be given within the story).

But as everyone said, we're coming up with all these speculation from the word "flower" which is meant to be a vague hint, so not really much to focus on.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I was under the impression that Floette-E's unique appearance was a resurrection-induced mutation. It has the primary colors of Xerneas (blue) on its body and Yveltal's (red and black) on the flower.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I was under the impression that Floette-E's unique appearance was a resurrection-induced mutation. It has the primary colors of Xerneas (blue) on its body and Yveltal's (red and black) on the flower.
Nope, it always looked like that:

I'm assuming the flower is probably something related to AZ and AZ gave Floette the flower as a sign of their friendship. As for it being blue, Shiny Floette are blue so AZ's Floette could have been a shiny (a Shiny version of AZ's Floette is pink in case you're wondering, though I'm assuming that's only there just in case someone hacked it).

There are lots of books, shows, movies, etc. that incorporate flowers for one thematic reason or another. I'm waiting to see allusions to Hope for the Flowers, or Heartcatch Precure. Or just, y'know, something.

Other than Floette, I see a possible connection to Zinnia. Her name is a flower that means "remembrance of a dear friend", and her Japanese name, Higana, transliterates into "Red Spider-lilly", a flower that's associated with funerals in Japan. There have been other characters named after types of blossoming plants in the past, but she's the most recent, and, unlike most other characters, her name across all languages is some kind of flower. I get the feeling that they were intent on having that connection present with her, for different reasons.

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
There are lots of books, shows, movies, etc. that incorporate flowers for one thematic reason or another. I'm waiting to see allusions to Hope for the Flowers, or Heartcatch Precure. Or just, y'know, something.

Other than Floette, I see a possible connection to Zinnia. Her name is a flower that means "remembrance of a dear friend", and her Japanese name, Higana, transliterates into "Red Spider-lilly", a flower that's associated with funerals in Japan. There have been other characters named after types of blossoming plants in the past, but she's the most recent, and, unlike most other characters, her name across all languages is some kind of flower. I get the feeling that they were intent on having that connection present with her, for different reasons.
But a huge amount of Pokemon female trainers have Japanese names that are flowers. Even like Caitlyn and Lorelei.
I'd even say the majority of Japanese female trainer names are flowers.

But a huge amount of Pokemon female trainers have Japanese names that are flowers. Even like Caitlyn and Lorelei.
I'd even say the majority of Japanese female trainer names are flowers.
There have been other characters named after types of blossoming plants in the past, but she's the most recent, and, unlike most other characters, her name across all languages is some kind of flower.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!

The Eternal Flower (nickname I'm giving AZ's Floette's flower which was AZ's bickname for his Floette) is an ancient flower associated with AZ while Zinnia is a descendant of ancient people who AZ had talked to and given them the tree which has its own Eternal Flower in front of it. IT ALL CONNECTS! With ORAS revealing Zinnia had been exploring the world she could very well show up in XY2 and get involved with the story (though please GF, remember to age her up accordingly being the time difference between ORAS and XY is at least 10 years).

The Eternal Flower (nickname I'm giving AZ's Floette's flower which was AZ's bickname for his Floette) is an ancient flower associated with AZ while Zinnia is a descendant of ancient people who AZ had talked to and given them the tree which has its own Eternal Flower in front of it. IT ALL CONNECTS!
I see this too, I see a connection to the Draconids and the appearance of Fairy-types. They still have a lot of fleshing out to do with the story behind Gen6's new gameplay elements anyway, and the way they've worked in flowers so far(For one, the entire Kalos region, and then there's Victory Road in ORAS) makes the notion that they'll pick up using flowers where they left off seem like the obvious route.
With ORAS revealing Zinnia had been exploring the world she could very well show up in XY2 and get involved with the story (though please GF, remember to age her up accordingly being the time difference between ORAS and XY is at least 10 years).
ORAS is a different dimension from RSE that takes place at the same time as XY. Zinnia said so herself.

+2 years of bustiness and better hair seems fair.

Reactions: JES

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
ORAS is a different dimension from RSE that takes place at the same time as XY. Zinnia said so herself.

+2 years of bustiness and better hair seems fair.
ORAS still takes place the same time RSE took place. Yes they're different dimensions but the timeline stays the same:

Kanto/Hoenn >3 years> Johto/Sinnoh >? years (I say at least 5 because Caitlin's maturity)> Unova >2 years> Unova2/Kalos

I'm not saying she should look as old as Fantina or Clair but maybe somewhere between like HGSS Sabrina or BW Caitlin.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I only want Zinnia back if it leads to more information about the Draconids and/or explain what happened to the original Aster (and his/her relationship with Zinnia). She's wholly unlikable otherwise and I never want to see her again if possible.
I have to imagine if they bring her back that's exactly what they're going to do. ORAS introduced us to Zinnia and the basics of her character so they have it out of the way to focus on her role in XY2 as well as explain more of her backstory such as Aster. We may or may not discover more about the Draconids, if what I said is close to what they might plan on doing then most likely we will but its all speculation at that point. Honestly if the Draconids were to be explored on anymore/in-depth it'll probably be in a Sinnoh/Unova remake where the Legendary Mascots are Dragon-types. Actually possibly Unova since those games put an emphasis on the Tao Trio being dragons and Zinnia notably talked about truth and ideals out of nowhere which was one of the themes of BW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)