ORAS OU Mega Diancie - Diamonds are 4Ever!

Hi there,
I decided to build team around Mega Diancie... it is really awesome mon, hitting 110 base Speed and having access to Diamond Storm, while being Rock type (nice STAB + Resistance to Talonflame).

Team preview

Details

Princess (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Protect
This Princess has only one purpose - to destroy my opponent's team. I usually find myself opening with Diancie, so I can Mega Evolve as soon as possible to be able to use Magic Bounce whenever I want. Sometimes it is nice to just use Protect while Mega Evolving, because of base form's low speed tier, Protect is also nice annoying and scouting move - I can for example use it against opposing Garchomp or Ferrothorn, without risking KO, to be able to reflect possible Stealth Rock - if I predict right, I get hazards on opponent's side of the field, if wrong, Protect guards me anyway. Moonblast is the most powerful STAB and it is also nice move to pick up KO on such mons as Keldeo. Earth Power is mainly against Heatran, but there are other mons that fear this move as well. Diamond Storm is against mons like Talonflame and Pinsir as well as Flying types like Zapdos. EV spread is set to speed tie with base 110 mons (which is one of the most popular speed tier nowadays) and to maximize Sp.Atk's potential. Hasty over Naive to deal better with Heatran.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
This is very nice Pokemon. It deals very well with opposing stall Pokemon as well as trapping mons that annoy Diancie like Skarmory, Scizor and Ferrothorn. That's reason to have Hidden Power Fire. Volt Switch is very good move to gain momentum, whereas Thunderbolt is the strongest STAB. Flash Cannon (also called Fairyslayer) is move to deal with Fairy types.
Sometimes it is important to realize that neutral Thunderbolt hits harder than ×2 Super Effective HP Fire.
Magnezone has also potential to check Metagross-M without EQ.
The EV Spread used is pretty common and standard. Modest Specs over Timid Scarf to OHKO Ferrothorn.

Garchomp (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
This mons' purpose is to set up hazards. I don't usually lead with him (because of Diancie). Stealth Rock is very nice way to bring down opponent's Pokemon. Swords Dance is to deal with stall, also this mon is really effective in suicude ways to use him. Outrage and Earthquake are his very powerful STABs. Jolly max Speed is to top his 102 base Speed Tier. Maximized Attack over Defensive spread to make holes into my opponent's team.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Defog
Simply stated - Defogger. With mons that keep switching and mons with Volt Turn I really need one. Sometimes I just cannot risk switching into Diancie to reflect hazards, especially when most hazard setters carry EQ (Landorus, Hippowdon, Garchomp, Excadrill). Draco Meteor is Latios' most powerful move, Psyshock is another STAB with pretty good coverage and attack based on opponent's Defense and Surf is here to deal with Heatran. I prefer Surf to Earthquake because I don't want to lose Defensive stat of Latios as well as Surf can also deal with Landorus-T and Heatran at the same time (Scarfed Lando-T could switch into EQ and destroy Latios, he cannot switch into Surf though). And yes, I am aware of the fact that Surf doesn't OHKO Heatran.

Landorus (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
My Revenge Killer. I chose him because he is good against Scarfed Excadrill and +1 Charizard X. EdgeQuake is pretty standard and poweful combination to pick KOs on many mons, Knock Off is very nice move he got lately and U-turn is momentum move, that is works well with Magic Bounce and Magnet Pull.
Jolly Nature is to maximize Speed and being able to outrun Adamant Zards at +1.

Bosch (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split​
My Anti-Talonflame and Anti-zumarill. Diancie can pretty much check Talonflame, but I do not want to lose HP everytime I need to counter it, so I chose to run better counter on team as well. He works pretty well, with Volt Switch - another momentum move, Hydro Pump attack I definately have chance to choose -.-, Will-O-Wisp to burn opponent's attackers and only healing possibility (other than Rest) - Pain Split.
Physical Defense is to maximize his potential against Physical Attackers.

This team pretty much works for me, but I have to admit it has great flaws. One of them being major Ice Weakness, that's why I am threatened by most Ice mons.

Threats

Mega Medicham -it is too powerful to control, I can only Revenge Kill it.
Weavile - very hard Pokemon to deal with.
Mega Lopunny - powerful as well.
Mamoswine - with Freezy Dry it can ruin my only counter - Rotom-W...

Thanks for reading and please RATE MY TEAM :)

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Hey, nice team! I noticed that Specs Sylveon, Mega Gardevoir and Mega Diancie are all huge threats to the team as well. Magnezone is the only fairy resist, and Diancie can just 1HKO with Earth Power, while Mega Gardevoir can just use Focus Blast. Luckily, there's one mon that's able to check those 3, as well as all the threats you mentioned except for Mega Medicham. That mon is Skarmory, and running SpD Skarmory > Garchomp may work out. It also has access to Stealth Rock, and it'll be able to absorb fairy attacks pretty well. I'll leave some calcs of interest. For Mega Medicham, I'd recommend switching around and try to get Lando-T or Latios to take a HJK, if possible.

232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 140-165 (42 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
232 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 102-120 (30.6 - 36%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Mega Diancie Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 138-164 (41.4 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 81-96 (24.3 - 28.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 172-204 (51.6 - 61.2%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 126-148 (37.8 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Skarmory: 144-172 (43.2 - 51.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Skarmory: 129-152 (38.7 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Skarmory: 163-193 (48.9 - 57.9%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

240 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Icicle Crash vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Skarmory: 133-157 (39.9 - 47.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind / Taunt

Let me know if it worked out, or if didn't then I'll try to figure something else out, hope I helped ^_^

I have to admit, the change really works. Skarmory suits much better into my team, however I found out I struggle very hard with Starmie... I usually have to switch out a lot and I often lose half of Rotom-W's HP in process.

hey nice team over there, only a pair of suggestions:
first of all, i prefer Naive>Hasty on mega diancie, dealing better with some prios like mach punch and aqua jet
than try 30 speed iv on rotom to gain momentum again other rotoms
these are just little changes to make your team little better :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)