My Swamp (Swampert) @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Protect
I chose him because he's very versatile and matches with talonflame and thunderous very well. I usually lead with him and Politoed because he checks so many Pokemon.
Slippy (Politoed) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Brings rain. Not much more to say about him. Helping hand is very useful and scald and ice beam have hax so they are best fit for him.
Fawkes (Talonflame) @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect
He's basically just here to take out grade threats, mostly ferrothorn and can set up tailwind.
Sir Cumference (Escavalier) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Brave Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Drill Run
- Protect
Rain takes away his biggest weakness, fire. I need him to counter trick room teams.
Lakitu God (Thundurus) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 64 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder
- Rain Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
If he's on the field trick room can't be started. Plus he's great for slowing down Pokemon faster then swampert or ludicolo and can bring out rain when it's gone.
Mexican Mad Hatter (Ludicolo) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fake Out
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Another swift swim sweeper. Choose him because I needed someone who could take some hits and be fast and powerful in rain.

Hi, welcome to Smogon!

Your team needs 2-3 lines of description for each Pokemon or else this thread will be locked. Also, Fighting type > Talon as Ferrothorn can live a Flare Blitz in rain. Hope I helped.

Hi, welcome to Smogon!

Your team needs 2-3 lines of description for each Pokemon or else this thread will be locked. Also, Fighting type > Talon as Ferrothorn can live a Flare Blitz in rain. Hope I helped.
So I have to use less lines? Also what fighting type would you recommend?

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright, to begin with, you're definitely going to need more description per Pokemon, about 3 sentences / 3 lines per 'Mon is enough, since it allows us to do a better job rating the team as we have a greater understanding of the actual teams direction.

One thing I'd suggest is using a more offensive Thundurus set using Life Orb as opposed to a bulky one just because it takes advantage of the power of Thunder a lot more than a bulky one does, and paired with Helping Hand from 'Toed, you can catch a lot of surprise OHKO's. A simple 252 Spa / 252 Spe Timid spread is my recommendation.

For example:
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Helping Hand Thunder vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 341-402 (96.8 - 114.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

compared to

64+ SpA Thundurus Helping Hand Thunder vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 249-294 (70.7 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Obviously, offensive Thundurus can't afford to use Taunt as easily as bulky ones, so I'd use Flash Cannon instead (which can nail Kyurem-B which is a pretty big threat for your team), and run Taunt instead of Tailwind on Talonflame. Now losing a form of Speed Control is never a great option, but it can work on your team since it already skews quite fast due to the nature of rain teams in general, so it's not that big of a loss.

Also, I suggest Superpower instead of Ice Punch on Swampert as another way to beat Kangaskhan, Ferrothorn, and Kyurem-B, and because you already have two forms of Ice-type moves on your team for Dragon-types, and Talonflame and Escavalier for Grass-types, meaning the coverage was not needed. Lastly, to make up for the loss of Tailwind, I suggest Icy Wind on Politoed which gives you a spread move and Speed Control.

Also I'm typing this on mobile, so if the formatting or spelling is awful, my bad.

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
lol offensive rain dance thundurus is bad
ice punch swampert is fine

also this is kylecole's team w0t

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello Vert84 , and welcome to Smogon!

Unfortunately, this RMT is currently not following the rules which can be found in the RMT Resource Thread; specifically, this thread violates rule #4, because you lack sufficient descriptions for each Pokemon on your team. As such, I am afraid that I will have to lock this thread for the time being. If you would like this thread to be reopened, feel free to PM me with your updated RMT, and I would be happy to reopen this thread for you. If you need help making an RMT up to the required standards, I recommend that you carefully read the RMT Resource Thread and check out other RMTs from the Team Showcase and RMT Archive for some examples.

Good luck with your team, and have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)