TrainerSplash's art thread, cause I can't think of a better title :)

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
>he

r00d

For just being black and white lines, it looks really good! better than anything i could have done lol
It's hard to tell genders on the internet ;_; I'm sorry Spark.
I draw things fast. Honestly, I don't think it's that good, but I draw mu own original characters in this style and format (usually with colors though) so it might just be how I'm used to it. Thanks for the compliment though c:

Hi, can you do a (preferably color) drawing of Viridi (the goddess, not me) riding a Shiny Virizion? Kinda in this position (minus the text)?

And have the actual image maybe in the same proportions as your Mega Blaziken+May drawing?

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Hi, can you do a (preferably color) drawing of Viridi (the goddess, not me) riding a Shiny Virizion? Kinda in this position (minus the text)?

And have the actual image maybe in the same proportions as your Mega Blaziken+May drawing?
YAAAAAS Kid Icarus fan art! May take awhile, as I never drew any of those characters. I just recently obtained and finished the game too, so the character is fairly fresh in my mind c:

Really digging some of your more recent line pieces, TS. The Primals and the trainer+pokemon drawings are both pretty solid. If you're looking to improve, I'd recommend trying to work on feet/leg positionings, as some of the doodles have legs that look a bit oddly bent. A good way to work on that is through gesture drawing, and I feel your art could probably benefit from trying it out a bit. That said though, they're all pretty enjoyable to see, and I look forward to seeing you progress the style. +)

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Viridi here is your request. Sorry it took awhile, I had some art block on it, and I had some trouble with doing full color so I tried to go for a simple look. I may come back to this later and do full color at a later time though
upload_2015-7-19_22-33-20.png

BTW, for those of you planning to ask request, make sure they are small and simple, I don't really plan on making huge full pictures as I have personal project I want to do as well.

Viridi here is your request. Sorry it took awhile, I had some art block on it, and I had some trouble with doing full color so I tried to go for a simple look. I may come back to this later and do full color at a later time though
View attachment 46231

BTW, for those of you planning to ask request, make sure they are small and simple, I don't really plan on making huge full pictures as I have personal project I want to do as well.
This is awesome! Thank you!

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Oh god please no I'm not dead, sorry things have been slow, although this thread hasn't been very active for about a month I think it's time for an update!
I am back in school, going into my third week of it on Monday, going back to school obviously means that things will be slowing down as if this thread has slowed already. But me also getting into school again probably means more quality images along with traditional pictures, I even got some colored pencils so expect some of those pictures to be colored I got a study hall, so now I can actually color images when I'm not doing homeworking during the period.
I also have gotten a twitter page for those who haven't seen! Twitter will mostly be used for extra stuff and news and things and blah blah blah. But I will also be posting artwork and images mostly consisting of things for contests and our social media images, so check that out if you're interested. My twitter can be found here. Anyways, here's some images.
Signature sketches
upload_2015-8-28_18-29-9.png

Squishy
NewMon.png

a Submitted thumbnail image for the Game Grumps' "Pokemon Fart Academy" playthrough. Not sure if they will actually use it or not.
pikachuthumbnail.png

Holy shuckle, I love your stuff! Especially your colouring style to be exact. Very appealing to the eye!

Is there a reason you use such thick lines for your drawings? Not that it would make it an worse, but I personally like you drawings in which you use thinner lines more.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Holy shuckle, I love your stuff! Especially your colouring style to be exact. Very appealing to the eye!

Is there a reason you use such thick lines for your drawings? Not that it would make it an worse, but I personally like you drawings in which you use thinner lines more.
Thank you! I feel like the coloring in my artwork is the most important to me, or otherwise I feel like it could fall apart.
I don't think I use very thick lines often, but it usually depends on what I'm drawing and how important it is. For doodles relating to my OC art style it can be from sizes 10-20 along with some certain images like the Rabid Pikachu above, Since it was a big image only showing one character I think the thick lines help make them stand out more, especially if they are going to be used for such small objects such as a Youtube Thumbnail. Sketches themselves usually tend to be 4-10 in size, with the lineart being size 4 most of the time, not sure why I pick that size but I assume it's just because I like it better. All in all, I pick certain line sizes depending on the stylistic choice of the image.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Like the sketches, I'd suggest sketching with a brush on low opacity so that you can more easily see where other strokes overlap, right now it can be hard to se how things go when plenty of strokes mesh together due to how they're all pitch black.

As for the Pikachu, I get that the image don't need to be top quality since that's not the point, but that image would still have improved by trimming the lineart, particularly on its face, since one can assume they get plenty of entries already.

xenforo stopped giving me alerts for this thread a while ago )':

The Gengar looks sick, especially with the wrinkles around his eyes and the "wispiness" of his body, and the colouring is definitely very fitting.

My favourite in post #75 is Kyogre. Its pose makes it look so squishy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)