Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 196 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

I'd like to request a team around these two mons. Seeing as Mega Alakazam and Choice Band Scizor form a potent duo, I thought I'd switch their roles to have a better Knock Off absorber in Mega Scizor and a more powerful, albeit slower, special attacker in Life Orb Alakazam. Sets can be adapted to team needs, of course.

Hi, I thought of this core the other day, but hae been having trouble building around it.

Breloom @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore/Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Okay so the idea behind this core is that first off I really wanted to use breloom, I was looking at what gave it problems and Steels, grass, and fire types were the main issue. I noticed that zardX set up on all of those types and furthermore breloom took out the Bulky grounds and waters that give Zard trouble.

Anyways really cool thread, hope you guys have time to get around to this :)

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I thought of this core the other day, but hae been having trouble building around it.

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Spore/Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Okay so the idea behind this core is that first off I really wanted to use breloom, I was looking at what gave it problems and Steels, grass, and fire types were the main issue. I noticed that zardX set up on all of those types and furthermore breloom took out the Bulky grounds and waters that give Zard trouble.

Anyways really cool thread, hope you guys have time to get around to this :)
Mine

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I assure you all that we did not miss any cores, if we haven't taken them, it pretty much means that none of the active builders are interested. That being said, we will take a look at some of the cores that haven't been taken and divvy up the ones we want o build around.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
xJownage

+
or

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Serperior @ Lum Berry
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Knock Off / HP Fire
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Taunt

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf

- Healing Wish
You didn't want boring balance so I did you a solid and provided you boring offense!!!! Core + mons that supplement M-Scizor and TTar in a way with Serp helping break fat waters and grounds, Keldeo breaking grounds and stuff like Heatran, 3 attacks Healing Wish Latias was suggested by bludz cause HW is nice for teams like this. I think latias sucks though so if you got balls which you hopefully should be having if using SD / 3 attacks Scizor, Psychic, Draco, Surf, HP Fire Latios was the set I was using. Surf screws over Heatran and Ttar switch ins, HP Fire for M-Scizor and Ferrothorn. Taunt Keldeo + Taunt Serp are theoretically the two stallbreakers as most stall teams do fine handling one but not both when played. I also think U-Turn is better on M-Scizor for momentum purposes in getting key players in. SD Lando-T wall-breaks normal switch ins to non SD like TankChomp and Hippo.

Team Pokepals

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch / Whatever here

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit / Low Kick

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Defog
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 20 Spe
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Endure
- Stealth Rock

I'll preface this by saying this team lost to a decently played M-Sharpedo team so Tankchomp is an option for this team to offset the constraint of dealing with some variants of TFlame and other contact attackers. I think Grass Knot is kind of ass on M-Metagross when it's used for pokemon that are generally able to be overloaded by trying to check too much such as Hippowdon and Slowbro. It works on some teams but I didn't feel a necessity as opposed to Thunderpunch or another coverage move / utility such as Rock Polish. Scarf Mag is scarf mag not a whole lot to say, other than being a huge important piece to the team, Adamant LO Garchomp serves a wall-breaking role along with being the teams rocker, eliminating defensive cores with ease. Earth Plate can be used if you're not a fan of LO recoil but you lose power in Outrage which can be useful for certain sweeps. I originally had Manaphy at first with Scald, Shadow Ball, HP Fire, Tail Glow and Lum berry , which is still good, but team was hard pressed to play against a well played Zard-X so band Azu was its replacement. Priority also helped for certain offensive builds I came across such as those with cleaners. Pursuit Weavile deters some counterplay in stuff like Starmie coming in freely to remove Stealth Rock along with trapping stuff like Latis and Torn-T as well. Latios set is pretty standard but Latios is an extremely diverse Pokemon with plenty of options to use so feel free to change it up. I had Surf to take out Heatran and Hippo for M-Gross which adds on the emphasis of overloading Metagross' defensive checks for it to actually succeed. Enjoy.

TTFTW I made a ton of those builds and while they're boring as shit and unless you don't care I could probably throw one together I had (keyword had I scrapped like 300+ teams earlier this week from messiness) and provide that when I'm free.

littlelucario Have a team with those two and I'm pretty sure it's on page 17 so no point in adding another one.

IridiumBastiodon I think there's a bunch of teams with that core around here.

LightYamani M-Cham is arguably better in this meta at this point and I don't think M-Gallade is particularly good, neither is the set you're using for Manaphy. Maybe I'll work on this but I would change up stuff to that cause I think M-Medicham is just more potent comparison wise.

Choice Bowtie boooring but we'll see maybe someone will take Life Orb Alakazam + SD bulky U-Turn M-Scizor.

FootHead58 read what I said to ttftw

Other stuff is not really interesting me at the moment.

Edit: Read below Choice Bowtie

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Builder's Choice

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 196 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

I'd like to request a team around these two mons. Seeing as Mega Alakazam and Choice Band Scizor form a potent duo, I thought I'd switch their roles to have a better Knock Off absorber in Mega Scizor and a more powerful, albeit slower, special attacker in Life Orb Alakazam. Sets can be adapted to team needs, of course.
ye i'll take this.

TTFTW I made a ton of those builds and while they're boring as shit and unless you don't care I could probably throw one together I had (keyword had I scrapped like 300+ teams earlier this week from messiness) and provide that when I'm free.

I'd like one, thanks :]

Ok thanks for clarification AM I mainly wanted the team build just so I could watch the "steps" to it being built. I'm trying to be the best teambuilder I can by learning from the best:)

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
xJownage

+
or

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Serperior @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Knock Off / HP Fire
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Taunt

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf

- Healing Wish
You didn't want boring balance so I did you a solid and provided you boring offense!!!! Core + mons that supplement M-Scizor and TTar in a way with Serp helping break fat waters and grounds, Keldeo breaking grounds and stuff like Heatran, 3 attacks Healing Wish Latias was suggested by bludz cause HW is nice for teams like this. I think latias sucks though so if you got balls which you hopefully should be having if using SD / 3 attacks Scizor, Psychic, Draco, Surf, HP Fire Latios was the set I was using. Surf screws over Heatran and Ttar switch ins, HP Fire for M-Scizor and Ferrothorn. Taunt Keldeo + Taunt Serp are theoretically the two stallbreakers as most stall teams do fine handling one but not both when played. I also think U-Turn is better on M-Scizor for momentum purposes in getting key players in. SD Lando-T wall-breaks normal switch ins to non SD like TankChomp and Hippo.
This is the type of team I love. Thank you so much! Balls-deep HO is just how I roll because I find it incredibly fun and challenging.

I really like HW for this team, but I think I can go with Latios to give me some leverage against more specially bulky mons that like to switch in against Latias. Surf isn't my favorite coverage move but it helps this team out I can tell. Taunt Keldeo intrigues me because I haven't seen the set yet, but it sounds pretty cool as an expert belt lure. I am curious as to why I would need taunt on keldeo if I'm running double SD Lant with rocks, since with an SD up it OHKOs 80% of stall and ohkos the rest after a smack down. I was wondering if I could switch keldeo to subCM for this reason, but I really don't know, hence why I'm asking you.

Reactions: AM

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
This is the type of team I love. Thank you so much! Balls-deep HO is just how I roll because I find it incredibly fun and challenging.

I really like HW for this team, but I think I can go with Latios to give me some leverage against more specially bulky mons that like to switch in against Latias. Surf isn't my favorite coverage move but it helps this team out I can tell. Taunt Keldeo intrigues me because I haven't seen the set yet, but it sounds pretty cool as an expert belt lure. I am curious as to why I would need taunt on keldeo if I'm running double SD Lant with rocks, since with an SD up it OHKOs 80% of stall and ohkos the rest after a smack down. I was wondering if I could switch keldeo to subCM for this reason, but I really don't know, hence why I'm asking you.
most switch ins to keldeo in general are the latis and celebi, mons that rely on recovery Under most circumstances theyll think theyre in the clear and use a support move, thus stopping them from doing that. Taunt against latis a lot of time is to catch them on a switch or after icy wind to stop them from defogging, roost, or healing wish. Having two taunters deters hazard setters and utility mons like mew as well which could be annoying. Thats my thought process when using the set. Cm / 3 attacks with something like hp electric, flying or grass is an option as well. Most of this as with any team is up to interpretation depending on player so feel free to use whatever youre comfortable with.

AM

LCPL Champion
FootHead58

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

Serperior @ Sitrus Berry
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Spikes

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 84 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
So I play tested this team a bit with Air Balloon Raikou > Clefable initially but everything that pressured me a bunch like M-Altaria, M-Manectric, and Tankchomp in the end made myself believe that Clefable would fit better on the team. This is a basic layout of a mega ttar team or sort of the foundation I build off of and go from there. It's all barebones and my personal view of building one. The other teams or team I put here won't be as long as I'm kind of tired.
Mega Ttar, Water, SR (Preferably ground), Spikes (Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Klefki) Secondary

Mega TTar: It's the focal point, Fire Punch is more useful for some consistency on stuff like Weavile, M-Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Bisharp.

Water: Normally this role is slotted for Keldeo, Azumarill, and Manaphy in a lot of basic cases and basic builds. Azumarill would provide some counterplay against sand with Choice Band or wall-breaking to cushion certain mons like Rotom-W for a Mega Tyranitar sweep. Keldeo the same with Specs, but has the luxury of running different variants like Scarf to check Mega Lopunny who can net a KO on +1 M-Ttars as well. Manaphy in a similar fashion to Keldeo forms the yin-yang of sort cores where something is allocated to a physical attacking sweeper / special attacking wall-breaker or special attacking sweeper / physical attacking wall-breaker. A lot of offensive backbones either through offense or balance rely on these type of synergetic cores and as time goes on it becomes second nature where definitions are simply an after thought. Once you get a better understanding of going beyond using mindless mons you can delve into combos such as Suicune / Ttar, Empoleon / Ttar, etc. The choice of Water here was Tail Glow + RD Manaphy to help dismantle the majority of defensive cores in the meta-game, Psychic as the coverage option to help teams issue with Mega Venusaur and Mega Ttars issues with fightings like Toxicroak, Conkeldurr, and Keldeo.

Stealth Rock: The most basic of basic necessity but the rocker of choice on a Mega-Ttar balance build I personally like being a defensive ground or a ground with some sort of defensive utility. Garchomp, Lando-T, Hippowdon, and Gliscor are some off the bat that fulfill these roles. Garchomp was chosen here to alleviate pressure from opposing Bisharps, Talonflame, and to further enhance Mega Tyranitar's goal of sweeping by deterring bothers such as M-Gross and M-Lopunny that annoy it. Hippowdon can also provide the same goal but I want something that canalso maintain a decent speed tier which Garchomp can provide. Speed for this variant outruns opposing non Dragon Dance Mega TTar and Tyrantrum. Speed can be bumped to hit higher benchmarks such as Jolly Mega Scizor at the cost of losing defensive bulk.

Spikes: Spikes is one of those things that a lot of builds have implemented to the point that a lot of teams, such as this one, forgo hazard removal in favor of hazard control. This team isn't necessarily some sort of pinnacle of maintaining hazards, but the presence of Serperior, Manaphy, and Clefable detriments most hazard removers in the meta in some way or form. Spike setters with Mega Tyranitar on balance builds will normally be Skarmory or Ferrothorn, on more offensively inclined builds to maintain momentum Klefki and in rare cases Scolipede. Skarmory was chosen here to provide a check to Mega Diancie, Spike support, secondary phasing along side Garchomp (which is why they're a good hazard core to start off with), and a necessary ground immunity. Shed Shell is a necessary evil in a meta where a lot of people haven't caught on to how dangerous Mega Alt / Mega Meta / Mega Diancie / Weavile + Magnezone offensive cores can be. The majority of Mega Tyranitars consistent checks barring Landorus-T are prone to Spikes as most are grounded such as Keldeo and Hippowdon, so it's incredibly valuable in supplementing a Mega Tyranitar sweep in the long term game.

Secondary: Secondary is just a basic term for filler or whatever else team is in need of. Team wants another way to break grounds, your core supplemented Serperior and Serperior + Manaphy will provide the wall-breaking combo to help Mega Tyranitar win the game. Team wants, or wanted after playing testing it, a secondary dragon resist / immunity as Skarmory would be too pressured to be the sole one. So the most simplistic solution was a fairy and Clefable being one of the best choices for a variety of reasons was an easy fit. This role changes based on player preference and build but after you have maybe an obvious 3 or 4 things you know the team needs then you can move on to this part which requires testing of course.

Team is weak to a well-played Keldeo, Mega Alakazam, and 3 attacks Char-X. Teams emphasis is on switch control and playing on an opponents motive to remove hazards or stop an incoming threat. Manaphy, Serperior, and Clefable trigger a players psyche to go to their emergency button / answer and when you use the team you'll start to see it in how they play, stopping them before it snowballs. Use that to your advantage.
So there you have it enjoy.

TTFTW

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Snatch

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast / Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn / Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Iron Head
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
This teams kind of old but this was sort of the thing when people were calling M-Sab teams bad and people leaned more towards M-Sab hazard balance. Snatch M-Sableye steals moves such as Recovery from the likes of Mew, Slowbro, Reuniclus, Latis, Zapdos, and so forth, somewhat of a stall-breaker. I don't think bulky rona is particularly good so it's an offensive variant. If you do want to use bulky rona though, I'd consider Bug Buzz, Wisp, Roost, Quiver Dance (thanks TDK for showing me that) as I think it's the better variant of using fat Volcarona builds. Moves are pretty standard, Bug Buzz for Darks and Psychics, Giga Drain + Passho for waters, Fire Blast for power or Fiery Dance for general cleaning. Life Orb Kyurem-B is teams wall-breaker. There's not a whole lot to say other than set is standard and the speed boosting nature is for the likes of Adamant M-Cham, Modest Manaphy, Modest Zard-Y, etc. Defensive Starmie for hazard removal with Thunder Wave to punish switch ins such as Scarf Tar and Latis. Defensive Lando-T for sand relief, Char-X relief, and stealth rock support. Shed Ferro for not getting murdered by Magnezones and Trappers, Iron Head for more pp in tandem with Starmies Thunder Wave, Spikes to supplement the offensive part of the team with Kyurem-B and Volcarona. Teams weak to rain and a well played Zard-X. Enjoy.

Thank you so much AM! The team looks AWESOMEand extra thanks for the description. I'm trying to improve myself to be as good a teambuilder as you guys and it's a personal goal of mine to one day be one of the builders. Thanks so much for the team!

So I've got a little request for builders. When you post a team, could you please post what the original core was? Not even necessarily the full sets, just the Pokemon names would be good. I think it's pretty cool to see the teambuilding process as you go from the original core to the full team, but as you can imagine, it's hard to track down the original request post sometimes and see what the original core was. This would just be a nice little addition for educational purposes. :)

AM Edit: Yeah sure, good catch

Last edited by a moderator:

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Roost
- Iron Head

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Endure

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
just a heads up but having no hazard control on a team that uses talonflame as a pivot as well as a potential wincon isn't particularly the best idea. a small suggestion that i can offer is to run defog over taunt on skarm and wisp over taunt on talon. i understand the need to have an option to beat stall but gengar and talon can alr beat stall even without having taunt on talon. lastly, the most standard.exe suggestion i can give is to replace slowbro with heal bell/twave cm clef so that you don't outright lose to weavile as well as having an option against stall teams.

FootHead58

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

Serperior @ Sitrus Berry
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Spikes

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 84 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
So I play tested this team a bit with Air Balloon Raikou > Clefable initially but everything that pressured me a bunch like M-Altaria, M-Manectric, and Tankchomp in the end made myself believe that Clefable would fit better on the team. This is a basic layout of a mega ttar team or sort of the foundation I build off of and go from there. It's all barebones and my personal view of building one. The other teams or team I put here won't be as long as I'm kind of tired.
Mega Ttar, Water, SR (Preferably ground), Spikes (Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Klefki) Secondary

Mega TTar: It's the focal point, Fire Punch is more useful for some consistency on stuff like Weavile, M-Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Bisharp.

Water: Normally this role is slotted for Keldeo, Azumarill, and Manaphy in a lot of basic cases and basic builds. Azumarill would provide some counterplay against sand with Choice Band or wall-breaking to cushion certain mons like Rotom-W for a Mega Tyranitar sweep. Keldeo the same with Specs, but has the luxury of running different variants like Scarf to check Mega Lopunny who can net a KO on +1 M-Ttars as well. Manaphy in a similar fashion to Keldeo forms the yin-yang of sort cores where something is allocated to a physical attacking sweeper / special attacking wall-breaker or special attacking sweeper / physical attacking wall-breaker. A lot of offensive backbones either through offense or balance rely on these type of synergetic cores and as time goes on it becomes second nature where definitions are simply an after thought. Once you get a better understanding of going beyond using mindless mons you can delve into combos such as Suicune / Ttar, Empoleon / Ttar, etc. The choice of Water here was Tail Glow + RD Manaphy to help dismantle the majority of defensive cores in the meta-game, Psychic as the coverage option to help teams issue with Mega Venusaur and Mega Ttars issues with fightings like Toxicroak, Conkeldurr, and Keldeo.

Stealth Rock: The most basic of basic necessity but the rocker of choice on a Mega-Ttar balance build I personally like being a defensive ground or a ground with some sort of defensive utility. Garchomp, Lando-T, Hippowdon, and Gliscor are some off the bat that fulfill these roles. Garchomp was chosen here to alleviate pressure from opposing Bisharps, Talonflame, and to further enhance Mega Tyranitar's goal of sweeping by deterring bothers such as M-Gross and M-Lopunny that annoy it. Hippowdon can also provide the same goal but I want something that canalso maintain a decent speed tier which Garchomp can provide. Speed for this variant outruns opposing non Dragon Dance Mega TTar and Tyrantrum. Speed can be bumped to hit higher benchmarks such as Jolly Mega Scizor at the cost of losing defensive bulk.

Spikes: Spikes is one of those things that a lot of builds have implemented to the point that a lot of teams, such as this one, forgo hazard removal in favor of hazard control. This team isn't necessarily some sort of pinnacle of maintaining hazards, but the presence of Serperior, Manaphy, and Clefable detriments most hazard removers in the meta in some way or form. Spike setters with Mega Tyranitar on balance builds will normally be Skarmory or Ferrothorn, on more offensively inclined builds to maintain momentum Klefki and in rare cases Scolipede. Skarmory was chosen here to provide a check to Mega Diancie, Spike support, secondary phasing along side Garchomp (which is why they're a good hazard core to start off with), and a necessary ground immunity. Shed Shell is a necessary evil in a meta where a lot of people haven't caught on to how dangerous Mega Alt / Mega Meta / Mega Diancie / Weavile + Magnezone offensive cores can be. The majority of Mega Tyranitars consistent checks barring Landorus-T are prone to Spikes as most are grounded such as Keldeo and Hippowdon, so it's incredibly valuable in supplementing a Mega Tyranitar sweep in the long term game.

Secondary: Secondary is just a basic term for filler or whatever else team is in need of. Team wants another way to break grounds, your core supplemented Serperior and Serperior + Manaphy will provide the wall-breaking combo to help Mega Tyranitar win the game. Team wants, or wanted after playing testing it, a secondary dragon resist / immunity as Skarmory would be too pressured to be the sole one. So the most simplistic solution was a fairy and Clefable being one of the best choices for a variety of reasons was an easy fit. This role changes based on player preference and build but after you have maybe an obvious 3 or 4 things you know the team needs then you can move on to this part which requires testing of course.

Team is weak to a well-played Keldeo, Mega Alakazam, and 3 attacks Char-X. Teams emphasis is on switch control and playing on an opponents motive to remove hazards or stop an incoming threat. Manaphy, Serperior, and Clefable trigger a players psyche to go to their emergency button / answer and when you use the team you'll start to see it in how they play, stopping them before it snowballs. Use that to your advantage.
So there you have it enjoy.

TTFTW

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Snatch

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast / Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn / Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Iron Head
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
This teams kind of old but this was sort of the thing when people were calling M-Sab teams bad and people leaned more towards M-Sab hazard balance. Snatch M-Sableye steals moves such as Recovery from the likes of Mew, Slowbro, Reuniclus, Latis, Zapdos, and so forth, somewhat of a stall-breaker. I don't think bulky rona is particularly good so it's an offensive variant. If you do want to use bulky rona though, I'd consider Bug Buzz, Wisp, Roost, Quiver Dance (thanks TDK for showing me that) as I think it's the better variant of using fat Volcarona builds. Moves are pretty standard, Bug Buzz for Darks and Psychics, Giga Drain + Passho for waters, Fire Blast for power or Fiery Dance for general cleaning. Life Orb Kyurem-B is teams wall-breaker. There's not a whole lot to say other than set is standard and the speed boosting nature is for the likes of Adamant M-Cham, Modest Manaphy, Modest Zard-Y, etc. Defensive Starmie for hazard removal with Thunder Wave to punish switch ins such as Scarf Tar and Latis. Defensive Lando-T for sand relief, Char-X relief, and stealth rock support. Shed Ferro for not getting murdered by Magnezones and Trappers, Iron Head for more pp in tandem with Starmies Thunder Wave, Spikes to supplement the offensive part of the team with Kyurem-B and Volcarona. Teams weak to rain and a well played Zard-X. Enjoy.
On the second team would hippo over lando work? It also provides rocks,checks sand(better than lando cuz it doesn't get worn down as easily) and gives a better zard x check.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
just a heads up but having no hazard control on a team that uses talonflame as a pivot as well as a potential wincon isn't particularly the best idea. a small suggestion that i can offer is to run defog over taunt on skarm and wisp over taunt on talon. i understand the need to have an option to beat stall but gengar and talon can alr beat stall even without having taunt on talon. lastly, the most standard.exe suggestion i can give is to replace slowbro with heal bell/twave cm clef so that you don't outright lose to weavile as well as having an option against stall teams.
I already said the Talon/Skarm thing, just look a few posts ago. And I think Ill take my chances against Wevile in exchange for not straight up losing to Zard X.

AM

LCPL Champion
There's only like, a couple of cores that are kind of redundant cause teams have been posted with said mons around them, I'm opening up shop again. I'll try to keep OP updated so preferably I would like to not see a post about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)