Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

1. Operating system : Windows 8.1
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it) : Mozilla Firefox
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? The same problem in Chrome. And for everybody.
  4. When did this problem start? Just today
  5. Your PS username : i have a lot of alts : Fondateur Lucario, Lucario du 76, Paul le Lucario, Dauphin076. (i have more but those ones are those you will see)
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).
My problem is with my PS server. nobody can join it. It worked perfectly since months, but suddenly, nobody can connect to the server. I don't understand what happened.

there is this error message when somebody try to connect to the server : Firefox ne peut établir de connexion avec le serveur à l'adresse lequotidienpokemon.psim.us. (look at this screen, but i'm french so the error message is also french : http://www.pixenli.com/images/1437/1437391479092926900.png)
this is the same error message translated in english : Firefox can not establish a connection to the server at lequotidienpokemon.psim.us.

Can somebody help me us please ? Thank you.

EDIT : it's really strange because it seems that my bot is online in it.. i can see the bot online in the bot terminal. But i don't understand why the bot can connect and nobody else

Last edited:
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it) : Chrome
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? The same problem in Firefox and with multiple different computers.
  4. When did this problem start? Just today
  5. Your PS username : Robophill
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).
Very similar to Paul Gunaseelan's problem.
I was setting up a server to be registered, had it running for near enough a week solidly.
Updated/restarted the server, then it stopped connecting. Was unable to to view anything and would just say that the page timed out.
I've tried remaking the server using a fresh copy of Zarel's git to make sure it wasn't anything to do with my code, the same problem occurs.

In the terminal I consistently get with Zarel's code

CRASH: Error: bind EADDRINUSE
at errnoException (net.js:904:11)
at net.js:1084:30
at Object.1:2 (cluster.js:592:5)
at handleResponse (cluster.js:171:41)
at respond (cluster.js:192:5)
at handleMessage (cluster.js:202:5)
at process.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:117:20)
at handleMessage (child_process.js:318:10)
at child_process.js:392:7
at process.handleConversion.net.Native.got (child_process.js:91:7)

With my custom code, it was saying that it couldn't find 'port' from 'null'.

Also, I've noticed a LOT of servers suddenly having 0 users and unable to connect to the on http://pokemonshowdown.com/servers.
A good half (if not more) seem unavailable.

I think this is the right thread to post this on, but I apologize if I'm mistaken and it's supposed to be a bug report or something.

I just opened up Showdown to find that at least eight of my Teambuilder teams have been erased, including all of my OU-labeled teams and some of my VGC (Battle Spot Doubles) teams. I was literally editing some of them only a couple of hours ago. I know the FAQ says that deleting browser cookies deletes saved teams, but I'm running Showdown through the desktop app, not a browser. What's even stranger: even though the teams don't appear at all in Teambuilder (not even as blank teams), when I open my Teams folder, it shows all of the teams that got erased, titled as they were, but as blank text files.

As you can imagine, I'm extremely upset as I spent hours putting some of these teams together and foolishly failed to save any kind of backup. At this point, considering that the text files have clearly been erased, I can't imagine any way to restore my Pokes (though if there is a way it would make me incredibly happy), but I just want to find out what caused this. I mean, it isn't like all of my teams got erased; it seems to only be the important ones, heh...

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm on Windows 8.1, if that helps, and my Showdown username is the same as this one (Nocrea).

Edit: I think I figured out what caused the problem. Each of my teams that got erased contained a colon in their title. For instance, one of my teams was named "VGC 2: Trick Room". It seems that putting a colon in the title somehow doesn't allow the text file to save properly, thus the team will disappear the next time you launch Showdown.

Last edited:
  1. Ubuntu 14,04
  2. Google Chrome 43.0.2357.134 m
  3. It happens in every browser
  4. July 19th, Sunday
  5. PokemonMillennium
  6. Our Showdown server is unreachable. Showdown node service starts correctly, without errors. IP and port have been set correctly.

3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? The same problem in Firefox and with multiple different computers.
  4. When did this problem start? First noticed it around 27/07/15.
  5. Your PS username : Robophill
The server is now able to connect, but everyone connecting is sharing the same IP. This seems to be causing people to be autolocked when they first visit the server and prevents us from doing tours. I've tried looking into the code and can't find anything. My server is being hosted by OpenShift.

1. Chrome OS
2. Chrome 44.0.2403.155
3. Firefox 37.0.2 on Ubuntu 14.04. No problem there.
4. I'm not sure but at least since August 3rd.
5. gamut
6. Whenever I'm on Showdown I'm bombarded by mixed-content warnings and errors whether I use HTTPS or not. The warnings and the errors are both related to googleads.

Can someone help me? I'm using chrome as my browser but i can't play on Pokemon Showdown I'm using the latest Version 44.0.2403.157 m
I tried using a different computer with the same update and it still doesn't work. I've used google chrome with Version 43.0.2357.134 and Pokemon Showdown works very efficiently. Thus I suspect that Pokemon Showdown does not 'accept' the latest Chrome update. Please help! If not get on it

Win 10
Firefox 40.0.2
Yes, I tried Chrome and it didn't show an error message but it didn't connect.
About 2 days ago.
lightshusbando
When I try to connect to Showdown, it refuses to let me connect and gives me the following error message:

This happens regardless of whether I use HTTPS or HTTP, whether I go to the lobby or directly to a room.

Please include the following information in your queston:
  1. Windows 8
  2. Chrome
  3. Yes, still not working
  4. About a week ago
  5. MrPokepoops
  6. So, my brother recently got this program called OPENDNS that blocks all games. He let me play 5 games of my choice and I chose PS as one of them. Well he tried to unblock pokemonshowdown.com and play.pokemonshowdown.com. After my client has finished loading, everything says loading, connecting, and after 5 seconds it says, Can't connect to server!

Please include the following information in your queston:
  1. Windows 8
  2. Chrome
  3. Yes, still not working
  4. About a week ago
  5. MrPokepoops
  6. So, my brother recently got this program called OPENDNS that blocks all games. He let me play 5 games of my choice and I chose PS as one of them. Well he tried to unblock pokemonshowdown.com and play.pokemonshowdown.com. After my client has finished loading, everything says loading, connecting, and after 5 seconds it says, Can't connect to server!
sim.smogon.com should be unblocked as well.

iOS 8
Chrome
This problem started a few days ago.
PS username: Gh0stlyterran
Problem: I can't connect to the server, even when I try the https link. I can't play the game whatsoever.

3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? The same problem with Internet explorer.
  5. Your PS username : Professional2341, and many others
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.). Everytime I open PS!, it just says
    Couldn't connect to server! in red, and then gives me a Retry button and a Close button. The announcement thingy is loaded, but neither teambuilder, chats, or anything else is loaded.

Raven

Esto es el fin.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? The same problem with Internet explorer.
  5. Your PS username : Professional2341, and many others
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.). Everytime I open PS!, it just says
    Couldn't connect to server! in red, and then gives me a Retry button and a Close button. The announcement thingy is loaded, but neither teambuilder, chats, or anything else is loaded.
This is currently the case for everyone as PS is effectively down. This should not, however, have been the case in the longer term. How often did you try to connect in the period 27th Aug- 5th Sept? (and how often did you experience this error?)

Last edited:
Same as the two above,
1 Ipad, IOS 8
2 Safari,
3 chrome tested, identical response
3 Stopped working around half an hour ago.
4 Moar Zubat!
5 This server is requesting an invalid login key, after a while reverts to could not connect to server. Chat, battle, login appear to all be affected. no other known issues. Cache cleared and retried

Edit: Sorry- didn't see the above message

This is currently the case for everyone as PS is effectively down. This should not, however, have been the case in the longer term. How often did you try to connect in the period 27th September - 5th Oct? (and how often did you experience this error?)
i was laddering literally today, until suddenly in one of the matches i just couldn't connect anymore. Yesterday and earlier today it was working just fine. Also I think you meant 27th August - 5th September, right :p?

Also: it doesn't work in incognito mode either, and other servers work but not the main one (i.e smog tours works)

Edit: it's back up

Raven

Esto es el fin.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
i was laddering literally today, until suddenly in one of the matches i just couldn't connect anymore. Yesterday and earlier today it was working just fine. Also I think you meant 27th August - 5th September, right :p?

Also: it doesn't work in incognito mode either, and other servers work but not the main one (i.e smog tours works)
Wow, I just gained an extra month! PS is currently down (everyone's getting exactly the same error) so this should resolve itself when the server comes back up.

EDIT: PS is up! Let us know if the error persists from this point.

Yeah idk what happened, but I lost ALL my teams. I don't even know why, maybe because i tried using https:// but like come on, last time i backed them up was like a month ago, so i only have like 30%

Ok, just like you guys said, it looks like PS is back up, but I'm still having some problems. The website is working fine, but whenever I try to open the downloaded version, it immediately closes.

2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it) : Mozilla Firefox
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? The same problem in Chrome. And for everybody.
  4. When did this problem start? Just today (7 september)
  5. Your PS username : Founder Lucario / Paul the Lucario / Dauphin076
My problem is with my PS server. nobody can join it. It worked perfectly since months, but suddenly, nobody can connect to the server. I don't understand what happened. I tryied others servers, they are working perfectly, so i don't understand what happened with my server. Can somebody help us please ?

Thank you.

I cannot log on to the official server through my phone like I usually can

Username:kamehameha23333

Start of problem:today (September 10th)

Browser:safari

EDIT:nvm it's back up and working properly :)

Last edited:
1. Operating system : Windows 7 Ultimate
2. (Web Browser) : Google Chrome
3. (Other Browsers?) : Mozilla Firefox , Internet Explorer
4. (When did this problem start?) : 9/22/2015
5. (PS username) : Abishkar1
6. (Problem) : Everytime I try to connect, I keep getting the error message "Couldn't connect to the server!". Not even reloading or "Retry" help, it keeps showing the same error.

Attachments

1. Operating system : Windows 7 Ultimate
2. (Web Browser) : Google Chrome
3. (Other Browsers?) : Mozilla Firefox , Internet Explorer
4. (When did this problem start?) : 9/22/2015
5. (PS username) : Abishkar1
6. (Problem) : Everytime I try to connect, I keep getting the error message "Couldn't connect to the server!". Not even reloading or "Retry" help, it keeps showing the same error.
the server is down rn im getting the same thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)