YOUR Mega Item

I've thought of a more "practical" item than a Mega Canesword that I would take. I would like a Mega version of my favorite article of clothing: my Hufflepuff hat.

I just love that hat and the idea of hitting the coat of arms to Mega Evolve my Pokémon amuses me.
HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Vader_the_White:
Mega Math:
I said "technically". :PMega Beanie: Well Maleovex has Mega Beanie, should I add your name to that?
BlubBlobbery: Nah, Sidney would have a Mega Watch. He already has a fancy watch so why not make it more fancy with a Key Stone?

Should we just come up with what every major character would have as their Mega Stone? Also I think Grant would have a Mega Glove (a fingerless grip glove good for mountain climbing) and Ramos would be Mega Clippers (fancier way of saying scissors). :P

Integer Mova: Gaia Orb? Anyway I don't think you can pick your Key Stone because, well, a Key Stone is a Key Stone. This is a Key Stone:

There's really no other version of it. Like I suppose you could have it different shades of color but I think that's the most customization you can do with it.

JES: I imagine a police officer would rather accessibility over fashion if they use it during active duty. I imagine them having a Mega Glove with the Key Stone on the wrist so that they can quickly activate it even with one hand (think Spider Man shooting web).

brightobject: I think aside from the yo-yo, coin, and musical instrument we're getting a bit out of hand.

Vader_the_White:
Mega Math:
I said "technically". :PMega Beanie: Well Maleovex has Mega Beanie, should I add your name to that?
BlubBlobbery: Nah, Sidney would have a Mega Watch. He already has a fancy watch so why not make it more fancy with a Key Stone?

Should we just come up with what every major character would have as their Mega Stone? Also I think Grant would have a Mega Glove (a fingerless grip glove good for mountain climbing) and Ramos would be Mega Clippers (fancier way of saying scissors). :P

Integer Mova: Gaia Orb? Anyway I don't think you can pick your Key Stone because, well, a Key Stone is a Key Stone. This is a Key Stone:

There's really no other version of it. Like I suppose you could have it different shades of color but I think that's the most customization you can do with it.

JES: I imagine a police officer would rather accessibility over fashion if they use it during active duty. I imagine them having a Mega Glove with the Key Stone on the wrist so that they can quickly activate it even with one hand (think Spider Man shooting web).

brightobject: I think aside from the yo-yo, coin, and musical instrument we're getting a bit out of hand.
So far, we haven't seen a Key Stone with different colors. They're all pretty rainbow-y... So unless we can manipulate the cut, I dunno...

Pikachu315111 It merely resembles a Gaia Orb, but it's a Key Stone. If not, it's just The
I don't know what a Gaia Orb is. On that same point, what's Peeko? I get its something from a Nuzlocke Run but the only Peeko I know is the one owned by Mr. Briney.
Peeko's Mega Stone.
As far as I can tell given internetzing, a Gaia Orb is just something some Youtuber made up to trick people into thinking there would be another Gen 3 remake featuring Regigigas.

Good one! Didn't notice his watch before. And Mega Clippers does sound much better.

If we are going to come up with their Mega Items, maybe you could make a separate part in your List post with the serious suggestions for the major character's?

For now I think Roxie will use the Mega Bass-Guitar. Koga and Janine would use a Mega Ninja-Star I think. Pryce would probably use his Mega Cane in some way. Clair ... I don't know what it's called but it looks like a gemlike throat/neck piece, that could perhaps turn out to be a Keystone.
... Oh.
When I saw Blaine's Sugimori artwork I was hopeful for a Keystone hiding possibility under his hat. But it turns out there's already a bald head underneath it, so... I suspect it's a sign that the bad ideas have awakened inside my mind, I'd better go to sleep now (⊙-⊙)

Good one! Didn't notice his watch before. And Mega Clippers does sound much better.

If we are going to come up with their Mega Items, maybe you could make a separate part in your List post with the serious suggestions for the major character's?

For now I think Roxie will use the Mega Bass-Guitar. Koga and Janine would use a Mega Ninja-Star I think. Pryce would probably use his Mega Cane in some way. Clair ... I don't know what it's called but it looks like a gemlike throat/neck piece, that could perhaps turn out to be a Keystone.
... Oh.
I think Clair's would be like a Mega Brooch or something. This gets interesting for the Gym Leaders who are more austere in design like Falkner--what would he have?

Also Mega Whip for Sabrina y/y

All of the gym leaders (at least from the Kanto and Johto leagues) had a secondary job outside of their positions as gym leaders. Falkner was a police detective, if that gives you any ideas...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So I gone through the important NPCs and gave them Mega Items which I think they'll have. I mostly went with items they either already have or something which they could use (and have with them at most times), though for villain teams I may give them something which is superfluous to match their theme. I also wasn't afraid of giving Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and villain admins repeat items but I gave Champions and villain bosses unique mega items. Of course there are exceptions but there's a logic to it. I'll explain any I feel I need to explain:

Kanto League:
Gym Leaders:
Brock:
Mega Buckle
Misty: Mega Goggles
Lt. Surge: Mega Tag (as in dog tag)
Erika: Mega Obi (the belt part of the Kimono)
Janine: Mega Scarf
Sabrina: Mega Wristband (or whatever those things around her wrists are)
Blaine: Mega Cane
Blue: Mega Pendant
Elite Four/Champion:
Will:
Mega Mask (his domino mask specifically)
Koga: Mega Scarf
Bruno: Mega Sash (as in his belt)
Karen: Mega Disk (or whatever one of those things around the brim of her pants are)
Lance: Mega Cape (more specifically on one of the clasps of the cape)
Other:
Giovanni:
Mega Badge (I imagine the badge having a Team Rocket "R" on it with the Key Stone in top hole of the "R")
Lorelei: Mega Doll (Lorelei doesn't have much to work with but I remembered she likes Pokemon Dolls so I think if she had a small doll (probably one that looks like the Substitute for the reference) with a Mega Stone on it she can carry that around like on a keychain)
Agatha: Mega Brooch

Johto League:
Gym Leaders:
Falkner:
Mega Bracer
Bugsy: Mega Net
Whitney: Mega Hairclip
Morty: Mega Headband
Chuck: Mega Weight (like the ones you can wear, I imagine his being arm weights)
Jasmine: Mega Bow
Pryce: Mega Cane
Clair: Mega Cape (on one of the clasps like her cousin)
Other:
Silver:
Mega Badge (like Giovanni's but the "R" has been ripped/scratched/painted out to emphasis Silver's hatred for Team Rocket (though uses the Badge probably for convenience))
Rocket Executives: Mega Badge (like Giovanni's except each R is the color of their hair (except for Ariana which is white since Giovanni's is red). I figure being loyal members they'd want to use the same Mega Item as their boss).

Hoenn League:
Gym Leaders:
Roxanne:
Mega Tie
Brawley: Mega Glove
Wattson: Mega Tag (Wattson looks like he was once in the military with his aviators jacket in RSE and camouflage Hawaiian shirt in ORAS. I can see him keeping his dog tags and turning them to his Mega Item)
Flannery: Mega Sash (once again the one she's using as a belt but I suppose she could also use the one wrapped around her chest if they can find an appropriate place for it)
Norman: Mega Bracelet/Bangle (being a Normal-type Gym Leader and father of the playable character I think it would be appropriate if he used the same Mega Item as his son. Norman's seriousness could also mean he doesn't want to mess around with a special Mega Item, the default is convenient and works)
Winona: Mega Helmet
Tate: Mega Yang (a pendant that's the white half of the Taijitu)
Liza: Mega Yin (a pendant that's the black half of the Taijitu)
Wallace: Mega Beret (I ain't going anywhere else, plus his RSE art also had the beret so it's a linking theme for him)
Elite Four:
Sidney:
Mega Watch
Phoebe: Mega Anklet
Glacia: Mega Choker
Drake: Mega Hat (his captain hat specifically)
Other:
Juan:
Mega Cravat
Matt: Mega Rope (his rope necklace specifically)
Shelly: Mega Goggles
Tabitha: Mega Hood
Courtney: Mega Hood (I figured since one of Magma's new theme is that they're organized that the admins would probably use the same Mega Item which is attached to their uniform. This contrasts the Aqua Admins who Mega Items are different and aren't attached to their uniform but rather personal items reflecting a bit of their individuality)

Sinnoh League:
Gym Leader:
Roark:
Mega Hardhat
Gardenia: Mega Poncho
Maylene: Mega Wrap (change the bandage on her arm to a wrap would make it look like an accessory)
Crasher Wake: Mega Mask (his wrestling mask specifically)
Fantina: Mega Clasp (as in the yellow "X" on her dress)
Byron: Mega Shovel
Candice: Mega Bow
Volkner: Mega Chain
Elite Four/Champion:
Aaron:
Mega Zipper (it's pretty much the only thing that stands out to me about him)
Bertha: Mega Scarf
Flint: Mega Comb (which would be in his afro)
Lucian: Mega Handkerchief (because he's a gentleman)
Cynthia: Mega Bead (or whatever Cynthia has sticking out of her hair)
Other:
Pearl:
Mega Ring/Bracelet/Bangle (basically whatever Gen IV's default Mega Item is)
Cyrus: Mega Halo (I imagine it being a Arceus arc-shaped collar sticking up behind his head like a halo)
Saturn: Mega Arc (maybe around his neck)
Mars: Mega Hoop (her skirt)
Jupiter: Mega Legband (the one around her leg)

Unova League:
Gym Leader:
Cheren:
Mega Ring/Bracelet/Bangle (basically whatever BW's (but not BW2 since he has an older model back when he was a trainer) default Mega Item is)
Roxie: Mega Guitar
Burgh: Mega Scarf
Elesa: Mega Headphones
Clay: Mega Hat (his cowboy hat specifically)
Skyla: Mega Propeller
Drayden: Mega Suspender
Marlon: Mega Goggles
Elite Four/Champion:
Shauntal:
Mega Pen
Marshal: Mega Glove
Grimsley: Mega Coin
Caitlin: Mega Hairclip
Iris: Mega Circlet
Other:
Bianca:
Mega Ring/Bracelet/Bangle (basically whatever BW's (but not BW2 since she has an older model back when she was a trainer) default Mega Item is)
Cilan, Chili, & Cress: Mega Bowtie
Lenora: Mega Apron
Brycen: Mega Mask (his sash mask)
Alder: Mega Pipe (a bit of headcanon, but I always imagined Alder smoking one of those shaman smoking pipe)
Ingo & Emmet: Mega Whistle (whistle is in their color)
Benga: Mega Machete (think this is out of nowhere? Think again, look at his stock art again, he's wearing a machete on his back, under his backpack)
Ghetsis: Mega Monacle
N: Mega Cube (his void cube)
Colress: Mega Tablet (his computer tablet)
Shadow Triad: Mega Armband
Zinzolin: Mega Snowflake (a imagine it being a snowflake pendant or something. He's also the only Sage I'm giving a Mega Item too since he's the only one you battle post game in BW2)

Kalos League:
Gym Leaders:
Viola:
Mega Camera
Grant: Mega Carabiner
Ramos: Mega Clippers
Clemont: Mega Backpack
Valerie: Mega Sleeve
Olympia: Mega Earring
Wulfric: Mega Jacket
Elite Four:
Malva:
Mega Caster (a Holo Caster with a Key Stone since she's a Holo Caster news announcer)
Wikstrom: Mega Sword
Drasna: Mega Fang (on one of her many dragon fang jewelry)
Other:
Shauna, Tierno, & Trevor:
Mega Ring (like the playable characters')
Battle Chatelaines: Mega Hat (their top hat)
Emma: Mega Locket (I like to think she got herself a locket to keep a picture of Looker and Xerosic in it)
Essentia: Mega Component (it's part of the Expansion Suit, I imagine in on the wrist)
Flare Scientists: Mega Visor

Frontier Brain:
Gen III:
Noland:
Mega Cap
Greta: Mega Sash (her belt)
Tucker: Mega Headband
Lucy: Mega Belt
Spenser: Mega Staff
Brandon: Mega Pack
Anabel: Mega Vest
Gen IV:
Palmer: Mega Duster
Thorton: Mega Scanner
Dahlia: Mega Button (as in her belly button piercing)
Darach: Mega Pocketwatch
Argenta: Mega Sunglasses

Someone write the fanfic now.

On topic, why not a Mega piercing on your tongue? :v we have confirmed piercings (Astrid's earring) so...
Dude can you imagine the amount of ways that could go wrong? Imagine you're like trying to eat at a cafe in Lumiose like a normal person and then bammo! Fucking Mega Abomasnow's chilling in the seat next you, and chilling the whole cafe. All because you accidentally slurped your coffee.

I'm not even gonna try to imagine the various R-rated shenanigans and back-room accidents tongue piercings would cause. Let's just say it'd make Codraroll's belt buckle look tame in comparison.
Plus you'd look kinda dumb too:
"Tharizard! Nega Evolve and use Flamethhowa!" or however you'd say it with your tongue out.
But, as you say, this is theoretical. Maybe I'm wrong! But I'm not risking my tongue on it.

EDIT:
I thought about that but as I said above I wanted to keep the villain bosses Mega Items unique to them.
Perhaps something like a Mega Pen to fit the scholarly nature she has? I guess that would reflect Shauntal better though...

Last edited:
All official mega items are fashioned out of some kind of metal. It seems to be a requirement thus far, perhaps because it's some kind of conductor for Mega Evolution energy? You probably couldn't do clothing with a Key Stone attached to it, unless it's in a metallic holster on top of the clothing, so stuff like a Mega Jacket or a Mega Doll would be a bit out there.

I guess this is where one would break out their sketchbook.

All official mega items are fashioned out of some kind of metal. It seems to be a requirement thus far, perhaps because it's some kind of conductor for Mega Evolution energy? You probably couldn't do clothing with a Key Stone attached to it, unless it's in a metallic holster on top of the clothing, so stuff like a Mega Jacket or a Mega Doll would be a bit out there.

I guess this is where one would break out their sketchbook.

Well with a doll you could always have your Mega conductor inside the doll itself and the Stone sticking out of the doll. Think like how some dolls/action figures have a battery pack inside and a pressable spot on the outside.

Really fun thread :D I notice that loads of you choose very heroic items; though I think I would prefer something that I would be wearing normally, so as a guy, I think my only options would be Mega Watch, Belt, or perhaps Shoes?

Really fun thread :D I notice that loads of you choose very heroic items; though I think I would prefer something that I would be wearing normally, so as a guy, I think my only options would be Mega Watch, Belt, or perhaps Shoes?
Those are all good items (though personally speaking shoes might be a bit weird). I think the reason we chose "heroic" items is that well, it's Pokemon. If Steven can have a Mega Stickpin (like really, wtf) then why can't I have a sword, or a helmet? But plenty of people have chosen normal items too, like Oriolus' headphones

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)